PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Found Sealed Inside Plastic Bag

Cat Protector
July 4th 03, 05:35 AM
I hope they find the ******* that did this! This is truly a sad story.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Karen Chuplis
July 4th 03, 05:46 AM
in article [email protected], Cat Protector at
wrote on 7/3/03 11:35 PM:

> I hope they find the ******* that did this! This is truly a sad story.
>
> http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

Apalling. I'm so glad he's ok.

Karen

wrote on 7/3/03 11:35 PM:

> I hope they find the ******* that did this! This is truly a sad story.
>
> http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

Apalling. I'm so glad he's ok.

Karen

Outsider
July 4th 03, 07:17 PM
Karen Chuplis > wrote in
:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:35:08 -0700
>
> I hope they find the ******* that did this! This is truly a sad story.
>
> http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

I have to register to read a story that will upset me?!!

Outsider
July 4th 03, 07:17 PM
Karen Chuplis > wrote in
:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:35:08 -0700
>
> I hope they find the ******* that did this! This is truly a sad story.
>
> http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

I have to register to read a story that will upset me?!!

Caliban
July 4th 03, 11:47 PM
I too was not going to register and read this until another poster noted
that the news is good. The kitten is fine and will be up for adoption soon,
and money has been put up for information to find the bum who did this. This
appears to have happened in Phoenix, Arizona.

Kitten names? Zip-Lock? Baggie? Twistie?

Kudos to the pup and woman who found the kitten. There is a photo of said
kitten at the site...

An excerpt for those who don't want to register:
A woman who was out walking her dog in the area of 66th Street and Osborn
Road found the kitten Wednesday. The dog led her to the trash can where she
heard a weak meow. She dug through the can and found the bag with the kitten
trapped inside.

> > http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

> I have to register to read a story that will upset me?!!

Caliban
July 4th 03, 11:47 PM
I too was not going to register and read this until another poster noted
that the news is good. The kitten is fine and will be up for adoption soon,
and money has been put up for information to find the bum who did this. This
appears to have happened in Phoenix, Arizona.

Kitten names? Zip-Lock? Baggie? Twistie?

Kudos to the pup and woman who found the kitten. There is a photo of said
kitten at the site...

An excerpt for those who don't want to register:
A woman who was out walking her dog in the area of 66th Street and Osborn
Road found the kitten Wednesday. The dog led her to the trash can where she
heard a weak meow. She dug through the can and found the bag with the kitten
trapped inside.

> > http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20030703.53496bd6.html

> I have to register to read a story that will upset me?!!

Liz
July 5th 03, 04:36 AM
Humans ARE a pathetic species.

Liz
July 5th 03, 04:36 AM
Humans ARE a pathetic species.

Cat Protector
July 5th 03, 04:53 AM
Yes we can be. For those wondering this did happen in Phoenix. The area
where the kitten was found borders Scottsdale which recently passed a new
animal cruelty law. Phoenix needs to do the same. This story was sad but at
least the kitten was found and is alive. It makes me sick that someone would
do this.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Liz" > wrote in message
om...
> Humans ARE a pathetic species.

Cat Protector
July 5th 03, 04:53 AM
Yes we can be. For those wondering this did happen in Phoenix. The area
where the kitten was found borders Scottsdale which recently passed a new
animal cruelty law. Phoenix needs to do the same. This story was sad but at
least the kitten was found and is alive. It makes me sick that someone would
do this.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Liz" > wrote in message
om...
> Humans ARE a pathetic species.

MacCandace
July 5th 03, 07:27 AM
<< For those wondering this did happen in Phoenix. >>

If it was 66th Street and Osborn, that's Scottsdale.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 5th 03, 07:27 AM
<< For those wondering this did happen in Phoenix. >>

If it was 66th Street and Osborn, that's Scottsdale.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Cat Protector
July 5th 03, 07:12 PM
I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near or
on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical.

"MacCandace" > wrote in message
> << For those wondering this did happen in Phoenix. >>
>
> If it was 66th Street and Osborn, that's Scottsdale.
>
> Candace
> (take the litter out before replying by e-mail)
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Cat Protector
July 5th 03, 07:12 PM
I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near or
on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" > wrote in message
> << For those wondering this did happen in Phoenix. >>
>
> If it was 66th Street and Osborn, that's Scottsdale.
>
> Candace
> (take the litter out before replying by e-mail)
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Sherry
July 6th 03, 04:23 AM
>I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
>between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near or
>on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical.

The exact location would be the determining factor whether or not the "new"
animal cruelty ordinance can be enforced.

Sherry

Sherry
July 6th 03, 04:23 AM
>I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
>between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near or
>on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical.

The exact location would be the determining factor whether or not the "new"
animal cruelty ordinance can be enforced.

Sherry

MacCandace
July 6th 03, 08:02 AM
<< I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near or
on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical. >>

Technically, if you want to be technical, it's Scottsdale. I've been more than
familiar with that area for the past 25 years.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 6th 03, 08:02 AM
<< I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near or
on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical. >>

Technically, if you want to be technical, it's Scottsdale. I've been more than
familiar with that area for the past 25 years.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Cat Protector
July 6th 03, 05:59 PM
Candace,

You may be familiar with the area of Phoenix but the borders are actually
funny according to the maps. 66th Street and Osborn is close if not sits on
the border of Phoenix. As you move up to North Scottsdale, the border hits
around Scottsdale Rd. in some places. You can argue all you want but facts
are facts, but city maps are city maps. Also don't get confused with city
signs either. I have lived in Scottsdale most of my life but there was one
year where I ended up on the Phoenix side of the border and had a Scottsdale
mailing address.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" > wrote in message
> << I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
> between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near
or
> on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical. >>
>

> Technically, if you want to be technical, it's Scottsdale. I've been more
than
> familiar with that area for the past 25 years.
>
> Candace
> (take the litter out before replying by e-mail)
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Cat Protector
July 6th 03, 05:59 PM
Candace,

You may be familiar with the area of Phoenix but the borders are actually
funny according to the maps. 66th Street and Osborn is close if not sits on
the border of Phoenix. As you move up to North Scottsdale, the border hits
around Scottsdale Rd. in some places. You can argue all you want but facts
are facts, but city maps are city maps. Also don't get confused with city
signs either. I have lived in Scottsdale most of my life but there was one
year where I ended up on the Phoenix side of the border and had a Scottsdale
mailing address.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" > wrote in message
> << I was speaking generally Candace. The borders are pretty funny actually
> between Phoenix and Scottsdale. I would just say this thing happened near
or
> on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border if you want to be technical. >>
>

> Technically, if you want to be technical, it's Scottsdale. I've been more
than
> familiar with that area for the past 25 years.
>
> Candace
> (take the litter out before replying by e-mail)
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Sherry
July 6th 03, 09:02 PM
>Candace,
>
>You may be familiar with the area of Phoenix but the borders are actually
>funny according to the maps. 66th Street and Osborn is close if not sits on
>the border of Phoenix. As you move up to North Scottsdale, the border hits
>around Scottsdale Rd. in some places. You can argue all you want but facts
>are facts, but city maps are city maps. Also don't get confused with city
>signs either. I have lived in Scottsdale most of my life but there was one
>year where I ended up on the Phoenix side of the border and had a Scottsdale
>mailing address.
>
>--
For the love of God, CP, just stop babbling. Candace always knows what she's
talking about. This I'm sure is no exception.

Sherry

Sherry
July 6th 03, 09:02 PM
>Candace,
>
>You may be familiar with the area of Phoenix but the borders are actually
>funny according to the maps. 66th Street and Osborn is close if not sits on
>the border of Phoenix. As you move up to North Scottsdale, the border hits
>around Scottsdale Rd. in some places. You can argue all you want but facts
>are facts, but city maps are city maps. Also don't get confused with city
>signs either. I have lived in Scottsdale most of my life but there was one
>year where I ended up on the Phoenix side of the border and had a Scottsdale
>mailing address.
>
>--
For the love of God, CP, just stop babbling. Candace always knows what she's
talking about. This I'm sure is no exception.

Sherry

MacCandace
July 6th 03, 10:40 PM
<< For the love of God, CP, just stop babbling. Candace always knows what she's
talking about. This I'm sure is no exception.

Sherry >>

Sherry, you did make me laugh on that one. I think I better print it out and
show a few people...Thanks for the compliment.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 6th 03, 10:40 PM
<< For the love of God, CP, just stop babbling. Candace always knows what she's
talking about. This I'm sure is no exception.

Sherry >>

Sherry, you did make me laugh on that one. I think I better print it out and
show a few people...Thanks for the compliment.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Cat Protector
July 7th 03, 12:21 AM
If you get a compliment from Sherry then I'd definately wonder if she is
ill. I know I'd question it if I got a compliment from her but holding my
breath is not something I am suited for.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" > wrote in message
> << For the love of God, CP, just stop babbling. Candace always knows what
she's
> talking about. This I'm sure is no exception.
>
> Sherry >>
>
> Sherry, you did make me laugh on that one. I think I better print it out
and
> show a few people...Thanks for the compliment.
>
> Candace
> (take the litter out before replying by e-mail)
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Cat Protector
July 7th 03, 12:21 AM
If you get a compliment from Sherry then I'd definately wonder if she is
ill. I know I'd question it if I got a compliment from her but holding my
breath is not something I am suited for.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" > wrote in message
> << For the love of God, CP, just stop babbling. Candace always knows what
she's
> talking about. This I'm sure is no exception.
>
> Sherry >>
>
> Sherry, you did make me laugh on that one. I think I better print it out
and
> show a few people...Thanks for the compliment.
>
> Candace
> (take the litter out before replying by e-mail)
>
> See my cats:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Sherry
July 7th 03, 12:32 AM
>Let's get off the topic of borders, locations, etc. Animal cruelty is animal
>cruelty as far as I am concerned no matter where it is located. To make you
>happy we'll say the Phoenix metro area which Scottsdale is a part of.
>
>--
The whole point of the issue (and frankly the only one I was interested in) is
whether or not the case can be prosecuted using the "new" animal cruelty laws
you spoke of. You still don't get it.

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 12:32 AM
>Let's get off the topic of borders, locations, etc. Animal cruelty is animal
>cruelty as far as I am concerned no matter where it is located. To make you
>happy we'll say the Phoenix metro area which Scottsdale is a part of.
>
>--
The whole point of the issue (and frankly the only one I was interested in) is
whether or not the case can be prosecuted using the "new" animal cruelty laws
you spoke of. You still don't get it.

Sherry

Karen Chuplis
July 7th 03, 05:47 AM
in article , Laura R. at
wrote on 7/6/03 11:02 PM:

> circa Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:41:27 -0500, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Karen Chuplis ) said,
>>
>>> If you get a compliment from Sherry then I'd definately wonder if she is
>>> ill. I know I'd question it if I got a compliment from her but holding my
>>> breath is not something I am suited for.
>>
>> WHAT IS **WRONG** with everybody?
>>
> Years of interacting with each other. CP tends to be a little out
> there. I tend to be a short-tempered bitch when people are rude.
> Psychopass tends to go freakhole and pepper his posts with "LOL"
> whenever he's on one of his salivating misogynist benders.
>
> Welcome to rec.pets.cats.health+behav.
>
> :-)
>
> Laura

Laura, I've been here for years, but I get sick of this petty bickering.
It's just an excuse as far as I'm concerned. I'm in at least to newsgroups
where this crap rarely if ever happens so it's just plain bad manners IMO. I
needed to express that but I haven't sworn or insulted anyone in the
process.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 7th 03, 05:47 AM
in article , Laura R. at
wrote on 7/6/03 11:02 PM:

> circa Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:41:27 -0500, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> Karen Chuplis ) said,
>>
>>> If you get a compliment from Sherry then I'd definately wonder if she is
>>> ill. I know I'd question it if I got a compliment from her but holding my
>>> breath is not something I am suited for.
>>
>> WHAT IS **WRONG** with everybody?
>>
> Years of interacting with each other. CP tends to be a little out
> there. I tend to be a short-tempered bitch when people are rude.
> Psychopass tends to go freakhole and pepper his posts with "LOL"
> whenever he's on one of his salivating misogynist benders.
>
> Welcome to rec.pets.cats.health+behav.
>
> :-)
>
> Laura

Laura, I've been here for years, but I get sick of this petty bickering.
It's just an excuse as far as I'm concerned. I'm in at least to newsgroups
where this crap rarely if ever happens so it's just plain bad manners IMO. I
needed to express that but I haven't sworn or insulted anyone in the
process.

Karen

Sherry
July 7th 03, 07:36 AM
>Laura, I've been here for years, but I get sick of this petty bickering.
>It's just an excuse as far as I'm concerned. I'm in at least to newsgroups
>where this crap rarely if ever happens so it's just plain bad manners IMO. I
>needed to express that but I haven't sworn or insulted anyone in the
>process.
>
>Karen

Like I've said often about another group, rpch+b was never a utopia of harmony.
Not that I recall anyway. It's more of an opinion/debate forum than the other
group you mention and tempers always flare when opinions are challenged on a
subject people are passionate about. I get irritated at pettiness, too, but I'm
not going to criticize others for the same thing I've been guilty of myself.
Casting the first stone and all that.

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 07:36 AM
>Laura, I've been here for years, but I get sick of this petty bickering.
>It's just an excuse as far as I'm concerned. I'm in at least to newsgroups
>where this crap rarely if ever happens so it's just plain bad manners IMO. I
>needed to express that but I haven't sworn or insulted anyone in the
>process.
>
>Karen

Like I've said often about another group, rpch+b was never a utopia of harmony.
Not that I recall anyway. It's more of an opinion/debate forum than the other
group you mention and tempers always flare when opinions are challenged on a
subject people are passionate about. I get irritated at pettiness, too, but I'm
not going to criticize others for the same thing I've been guilty of myself.
Casting the first stone and all that.

Sherry

Karen Chuplis
July 7th 03, 02:26 PM
in article , Sherry at
wrote on 7/7/03 1:36 AM:

>> Laura, I've been here for years, but I get sick of this petty bickering.
>> It's just an excuse as far as I'm concerned. I'm in at least to newsgroups
>> where this crap rarely if ever happens so it's just plain bad manners IMO. I
>> needed to express that but I haven't sworn or insulted anyone in the
>> process.
>>
>> Karen
>
> Like I've said often about another group, rpch+b was never a utopia of
> harmony.
> Not that I recall anyway. It's more of an opinion/debate forum than the other
> group you mention and tempers always flare when opinions are challenged on a
> subject people are passionate about. I get irritated at pettiness, too, but
> I'm
> not going to criticize others for the same thing I've been guilty of myself.
> Casting the first stone and all that.
>
> Sherry

I know, Sherry, and understand that, but lately it's been over the silliest
things. Where a street is located?? I guess maybe I'm just tired of fighting
all of the sudden. Sorry.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 7th 03, 02:26 PM
in article , Sherry at
wrote on 7/7/03 1:36 AM:

>> Laura, I've been here for years, but I get sick of this petty bickering.
>> It's just an excuse as far as I'm concerned. I'm in at least to newsgroups
>> where this crap rarely if ever happens so it's just plain bad manners IMO. I
>> needed to express that but I haven't sworn or insulted anyone in the
>> process.
>>
>> Karen
>
> Like I've said often about another group, rpch+b was never a utopia of
> harmony.
> Not that I recall anyway. It's more of an opinion/debate forum than the other
> group you mention and tempers always flare when opinions are challenged on a
> subject people are passionate about. I get irritated at pettiness, too, but
> I'm
> not going to criticize others for the same thing I've been guilty of myself.
> Casting the first stone and all that.
>
> Sherry

I know, Sherry, and understand that, but lately it's been over the silliest
things. Where a street is located?? I guess maybe I'm just tired of fighting
all of the sudden. Sorry.

Karen

Cat Protector
July 9th 03, 05:59 AM
Well whether Scottsdale or Phoenix there is an animal cruelty law in
Arizona.

"Karen M." > wrote in message
> Sherry, Sherry, Sherry... why try? I just hope it *was* in Scottsdale
> so they can nail the SOB to the wall if they ever catch him. I would
> also be willing to go there and dump the culprit in a plastic bag, an
> eye for an eye and all that... ;)

MacCandace
July 10th 03, 02:21 AM
<< Well whether Scottsdale or Phoenix there is an animal cruelty law in
Arizona. >>

First you said the law was just in Scottsdale, now it's all of AZ?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 10th 03, 02:21 AM
<< Well whether Scottsdale or Phoenix there is an animal cruelty law in
Arizona. >>

First you said the law was just in Scottsdale, now it's all of AZ?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Sherry
July 11th 03, 02:10 PM
>Candace, you do live in Arizona right? There is one on the state level as
>well.

Candace, quit rolling your eyeballs like that. They might get stuck that way.

Sherry

Sherry
July 11th 03, 02:10 PM
>Candace, you do live in Arizona right? There is one on the state level as
>well.

Candace, quit rolling your eyeballs like that. They might get stuck that way.

Sherry

MacCandace
July 12th 03, 04:13 AM
<< Candace, quit rolling your eyeballs like that. They might get stuck that
way.

Sherry >>

You must be psychic, Sherry...

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 12th 03, 04:13 AM
<< Candace, quit rolling your eyeballs like that. They might get stuck that
way.

Sherry >>

You must be psychic, Sherry...

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 15th 03, 02:46 AM