PDA

View Full Version : Nipsy is part Maine Coon?

dgk
July 5th 03, 01:53 PM
I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.

He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
the tail is very bushy.

He is also very vocal. He cried solidly from 3 to 4 am this morning.
He clearly misses his old home and family. I had to lock him back in
the CIR (Cat Introduction Room) so I could get some sleep. He's out
now and he's walking around the house with Espy following
suspiciously.

I'll probably have to put him back in that room when I go to the beach
today. I don't expect any serious fighting but I want to be around
when they are together for a little while. Luckily I have a three day
weekend for this.

Priscilla Ballou
July 5th 03, 02:45 PM
In article >,
dgk > wrote:

> I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
> and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
> coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
> him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
> with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.
>
> He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
> white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
> the tail is very bushy.

How big is he? What you describe sounds like the influence of Maine
Coon genes. Coons are big, too.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Priscilla Ballou
July 5th 03, 02:45 PM
In article >,
dgk > wrote:

> I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
> and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
> coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
> him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
> with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.
>
> He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
> white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
> the tail is very bushy.

How big is he? What you describe sounds like the influence of Maine
Coon genes. Coons are big, too.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

dgk
July 5th 03, 02:58 PM
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:45:14 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
> wrote:

>In article >,
> dgk > wrote:
>
>> I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
>> and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
>> coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
>> him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
>> with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.
>>
>> He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
>> white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
>> the tail is very bushy.
>
>How big is he? What you describe sounds like the influence of Maine
>Coon genes. Coons are big, too.
>
>Priscilla

He is big. More accurately, he is long. I was told that he was a
little cat, and in comparison to the other monsters in that house, I
suppose he is. But compared to normal cats, he is large. Much bigger
than Espy.

dgk
July 5th 03, 02:58 PM
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:45:14 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
> wrote:

>In article >,
> dgk > wrote:
>
>> I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
>> and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
>> coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
>> him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
>> with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.
>>
>> He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
>> white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
>> the tail is very bushy.
>
>How big is he? What you describe sounds like the influence of Maine
>Coon genes. Coons are big, too.
>
>Priscilla

He is big. More accurately, he is long. I was told that he was a
little cat, and in comparison to the other monsters in that house, I
suppose he is. But compared to normal cats, he is large. Much bigger
than Espy.

Priscilla Ballou
July 5th 03, 03:13 PM
In article >,
dgk > wrote:

> He is big. More accurately, he is long. I was told that he was a
> little cat, and in comparison to the other monsters in that house, I
> suppose he is. But compared to normal cats, he is large. Much bigger
> than Espy.

He may well be part Maine Coon. Whatever he is, he sounds like a lovely
boy. May you have many happy years together. :-)

Priscilla
--

dgk > wrote:

> He is big. More accurately, he is long. I was told that he was a
> little cat, and in comparison to the other monsters in that house, I
> suppose he is. But compared to normal cats, he is large. Much bigger
> than Espy.

He may well be part Maine Coon. Whatever he is, he sounds like a lovely
boy. May you have many happy years together. :-)

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

Gail
July 5th 03, 03:35 PM
I'm sure in time they will be fine together. Congratulations on your new
baby!!
Gail

"dgk" > wrote in message
> I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
> and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
> coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
> him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
> with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.
>
> He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
> white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
> the tail is very bushy.
>
> He is also very vocal. He cried solidly from 3 to 4 am this morning.
> He clearly misses his old home and family. I had to lock him back in
> the CIR (Cat Introduction Room) so I could get some sleep. He's out
> now and he's walking around the house with Espy following
> suspiciously.
>
> I'll probably have to put him back in that room when I go to the beach
> today. I don't expect any serious fighting but I want to be around
> when they are together for a little while. Luckily I have a three day
> weekend for this.

Cathy Friedmann
July 5th 03, 04:06 PM
Nipsy could easily have some Maine Coon in him, or maybe something else that
looks a bit similar, like a Siberian, perhaps.

Other points to consider, besides their long fluffy fur w/ tufts of hair:
Maine Coons are *big*. Their heads are large w/ a pronounced muzzle area,
their tails are about the same length as their bodies, & males can easily
weigh 18 - 20 pounds (not fat), w/ females a little less.

My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
if it was near its edge.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"dgk" > wrote in message
> I was describing my new cat Nipsy to friends at the beach yesterday
> and one said that he sounds like Maine Coon. Definite tufts of hair
> coming out the bottom of the feat, tufts of hair on his face that make
> him look somewhat lynxish. Most of those were removed by constant play
> with his former buddy Bootsie according to his previous slave.
>
> He's pretty much solid grey except for white areas on his pause and a
> white area under his chin. The hair is very soft and fairly long and
> the tail is very bushy.
>
> He is also very vocal. He cried solidly from 3 to 4 am this morning.
> He clearly misses his old home and family. I had to lock him back in
> the CIR (Cat Introduction Room) so I could get some sleep. He's out
> now and he's walking around the house with Espy following
> suspiciously.
>
> I'll probably have to put him back in that room when I go to the beach
> today. I don't expect any serious fighting but I want to be around
> when they are together for a little while. Luckily I have a three day
> weekend for this.

Sherry
July 5th 03, 09:20 PM
>My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
>countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
>if it was near its edge.
>
>Cathy

Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps" to
greet you though. It's cute.
Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from someone
about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.

Sherry

Sherry
July 5th 03, 09:20 PM
>My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
>countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
>if it was near its edge.
>
>Cathy

Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps" to
greet you though. It's cute.
Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from someone
about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.

Sherry

Priscilla Ballou
July 5th 03, 09:38 PM
In article >,
(Sherry ) wrote:

> >My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
> >countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
> >if it was near its edge.
> >
> >Cathy
>
> Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
> just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps"
> greet you though. It's cute.
> Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from
> someone
> about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.

I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?

Priscilla
--

(Sherry ) wrote:

> >My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
> >countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
> >if it was near its edge.
> >
> >Cathy
>
> Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
> just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps"
> greet you though. It's cute.
> Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from
> someone
> about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.

I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

Cheryl
July 5th 03, 09:56 PM
Priscilla Ballou wrote:

> I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
>
> Priscilla

LOL I think she forgot the link. I've seen it, he is HUGE!

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 5th 03, 09:56 PM
Priscilla Ballou wrote:

> I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
>
> Priscilla

LOL I think she forgot the link. I've seen it, he is HUGE!

--
Cheryl

Priscilla Ballou
July 5th 03, 10:11 PM
In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> Priscilla Ballou wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> > alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
> >
> > Priscilla
>
> LOL I think she forgot the link. I've seen it, he is HUGE!

Oh, a LINK! That's cool. I was playing schoolmarm and directing
appropriate behavior when I was expecting inappropriate. ;-) Please
ignore the sensible shoes.

Priscilla
--

"Cheryl" > wrote:

> Priscilla Ballou wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> > alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
> >
> > Priscilla
>
> LOL I think she forgot the link. I've seen it, he is HUGE!

Oh, a LINK! That's cool. I was playing schoolmarm and directing
appropriate behavior when I was expecting inappropriate. ;-) Please
ignore the sensible shoes.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

Karen Chuplis
July 5th 03, 11:40 PM
in article , Priscilla Ballou
at wrote on 7/5/03 3:38 PM:

> In article >,
> (Sherry ) wrote:
>
>>> My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
>>> countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
>>> if it was near its edge.
>>>
>>> Cathy
>>
>> Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
>> just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps"
>> greet you though. It's cute.
>> Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from
>> someone
>> about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.
>
> I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
>
> Priscilla
I hope to see them there!!!!

Karen

at wrote on 7/5/03 3:38 PM:

> In article >,
> (Sherry ) wrote:
>
>>> My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
>>> countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something off,
>>> if it was near its edge.
>>>
>>> Cathy
>>
>> Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about him is
>> just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he "chirps"
>> greet you though. It's cute.
>> Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from
>> someone
>> about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.
>
> I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
>
> Priscilla
I hope to see them there!!!!

Karen

MaryL
July 6th 03, 12:24 AM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Sherry ) wrote:
>
> > >My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
> > >countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something
off,
> > >if it was near its edge.
> > >
> > >Cathy
> >
> > Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about
him is
> > just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he
"chirps"
> > greet you though. It's cute.
> > Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from
> > someone
> > about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.
>
> I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
>
> Priscilla
> --

Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another link.
I would love to see the picture(s).

MaryL

MaryL
July 6th 03, 12:24 AM
"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Sherry ) wrote:
>
> > >My parents had a Maine Coon; he could reach the (standard 36") kitchen
> > >countertop - standing on the floor & reaching up - to whack something
off,
> > >if it was near its edge.
> > >
> > >Cathy
> >
> > Sounds like my daughter's MC. He's big. Not fat, but everything about
him is
> > just *big*--huge head, huge paws. He doesn't meow a lot though; he
"chirps"
> > greet you though. It's cute.
> > Here's a pic of him. Last time I posted this, I got a snide remark from
> > someone
> > about the photo being "doctored", and it is not.
>
> I'm guessing you're going to post the pic in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals, since this is a text group?
>
> Priscilla
> --

Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another link.
I would love to see the picture(s).

MaryL

Cathy Friedmann
July 6th 03, 04:00 AM
Holy sh*t! ;-))

"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another
link.
> >I would love to see the picture(s).
> >
> >MaryL
> >

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
> Sherry

MaryL
July 6th 03, 04:19 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another
link.
> >I would love to see the picture(s).
> >
> >MaryL
> >

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
> Sherry

Wow, now that is a BIG cat! When you said that Maine Coons are "large," you
surely meant it. Thanks for posting the pic.

MaryL

MaryL
July 6th 03, 04:19 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another
link.
> >I would love to see the picture(s).
> >
> >MaryL
> >

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
> Sherry

Wow, now that is a BIG cat! When you said that Maine Coons are "large," you
surely meant it. Thanks for posting the pic.

MaryL

dgk
July 6th 03, 05:05 AM
On 06 Jul 2003 03:00:19 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another link.
>>I would love to see the picture(s).
>>
>>MaryL
>>

>Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
>http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
>Sherry

Yikes. Espy better be nice to him.

dgk
July 6th 03, 05:05 AM
On 06 Jul 2003 03:00:19 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide another link.
>>I would love to see the picture(s).
>>
>>MaryL
>>

>Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
>http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
>Sherry

Yikes. Espy better be nice to him.

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 05:49 AM
Sherry wrote:
>> Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide
another
>> link. I would love to see the picture(s).
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
> Sherry

The one and only cat show I've ever gone to they all carried their MCs
and Ragdolls that way. :) Is it the official way to hold a MC? lol
Maybe it's the only way to get their whole body off the floor?

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
July 6th 03, 05:49 AM
Sherry wrote:
>> Yes, please post to alt.binaries.pictures.animals or provide
another
>> link. I would love to see the picture(s).
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.
>
> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg
>
> Sherry

The one and only cat show I've ever gone to they all carried their MCs
and Ragdolls that way. :) Is it the official way to hold a MC? lol
Maybe it's the only way to get their whole body off the floor?

--
Cheryl

Sherry
July 6th 03, 06:22 AM
>The one and only cat show I've ever gone to they all carried their MCs
>and Ragdolls that way. :) Is it the official way to hold a MC? lol
>Maybe it's the only way to get their whole body off the floor?
>
>--
>Cheryl

Funny thing you noticed that! We had actually gone to aa cat show, and asked
why they were carrying the cats that way. Not just the MC's, but the persians
and others. The person we asked said it was the "show stretch". So Jamie was
actually goofing around saying "Oh, come on O, show Grandmother your show
stretch" and I took the pic.
I *still* don't know *why* they do it, though, LOL.

Sherry

Sherry
July 6th 03, 06:22 AM
>The one and only cat show I've ever gone to they all carried their MCs
>and Ragdolls that way. :) Is it the official way to hold a MC? lol
>Maybe it's the only way to get their whole body off the floor?
>
>--
>Cheryl

Funny thing you noticed that! We had actually gone to aa cat show, and asked
why they were carrying the cats that way. Not just the MC's, but the persians
and others. The person we asked said it was the "show stretch". So Jamie was
actually goofing around saying "Oh, come on O, show Grandmother your show
stretch" and I took the pic.
I *still* don't know *why* they do it, though, LOL.

Sherry

Sherry
July 6th 03, 06:35 AM
>It's more impressive than holding them like a baby ?
>
>Karen

I kind of suspected it was because those cat show people spend so much time
combing and brushing their cats before the judging, they don't want to get
their fur messed up on the way from the bench to the ring. But that's just a
guess. Because I did notice it was en route to the judging part that they
carried them like that.

Sherry

Sherry
July 6th 03, 06:35 AM
>It's more impressive than holding them like a baby ?
>
>Karen

I kind of suspected it was because those cat show people spend so much time
combing and brushing their cats before the judging, they don't want to get
their fur messed up on the way from the bench to the ring. But that's just a
guess. Because I did notice it was en route to the judging part that they
carried them like that.

Sherry

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 06:36 AM
in article , Sherry at

wrote on 7/6/03 12:22 AM:

>> The one and only cat show I've ever gone to they all carried their MCs
>> and Ragdolls that way. :) Is it the official way to hold a MC? lol
>> Maybe it's the only way to get their whole body off the floor?
>>
>> --
>> Cheryl
>
> Funny thing you noticed that! We had actually gone to aa cat show, and asked
> why they were carrying the cats that way. Not just the MC's, but the persians
> and others. The person we asked said it was the "show stretch". So Jamie was
> actually goofing around saying "Oh, come on O, show Grandmother your show
> stretch" and I took the pic.
> I *still* don't know *why* they do it, though, LOL.
>
> Sherry

It's more impressive than holding them like a baby ?

Karen

MacCandace
July 6th 03, 07:51 AM
<< Holy sh*t! ;-))

Cathy >>

Whoa, I agree. Exceedingly cute guy.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
July 6th 03, 07:51 AM
<< Holy sh*t! ;-))

Cathy >>

Whoa, I agree. Exceedingly cute guy.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Priscilla Ballou
July 6th 03, 05:40 PM
In article >,
(Sherry ) wrote:

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.

> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg

Holy Canoli!

Yes, that's a Maine Coon cat all right!

Priscilla
--

(Sherry ) wrote:

> Oh, duh, ladies, I forgot the link. Sorry. Here's Orion.

> http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg

Holy Canoli!

Yes, that's a Maine Coon cat all right!

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

---MIKE---
July 6th 03, 05:52 PM
Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.

-MIKE

---MIKE---
July 6th 03, 05:52 PM
Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.

-MIKE

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 07:08 PM
in article ,
---MIKE--- at wrote on 7/6/03 11:52 AM:

> Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
> suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
> think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
> and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.
>

> -MIKE

That's actually Sherry's daughter's Orion so Soozy can see a Maine Coone.
Just thought I'd clear that up :)

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 07:08 PM
in article ,
---MIKE--- at wrote on 7/6/03 11:52 AM:

> Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
> suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
> think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
> and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.
>

> -MIKE

That's actually Sherry's daughter's Orion so Soozy can see a Maine Coone.
Just thought I'd clear that up :)

Karen

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
July 6th 03, 11:51 PM
"MacCandace" > wrote in message

> What happened to the other 2?

They were forgotten in the bowels of my memory. I meant 4 feet, of course!
I can't believe I said 2!~ But perhaps I was thinking of her front feet as
her hands, since she likes to clasp things in them--much like a mouse.
Coincidentally, she was called "Mouse" by the humane society before I got
her. That was probably because she was so tiny and ugly, and pure white.
She's a cutie pie now, though, despite her generic name (Miss Kitty).

rona

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
July 6th 03, 11:51 PM
"MacCandace" > wrote in message

> What happened to the other 2?

They were forgotten in the bowels of my memory. I meant 4 feet, of course!
I can't believe I said 2!~ But perhaps I was thinking of her front feet as
her hands, since she likes to clasp things in them--much like a mouse.
Coincidentally, she was called "Mouse" by the humane society before I got
her. That was probably because she was so tiny and ugly, and pure white.
She's a cutie pie now, though, despite her generic name (Miss Kitty).

rona

Sherry
July 7th 03, 12:53 AM
>WOW what big pussy cat! beautiful! sure look part Maine Coon to me too!
>how much does it weigh?

He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's just big, but really under all that
hair he's very lean, you can see his shoulder blades in the photo. . If he had
a better appetite, he'd probably be huge. He just picks at his food, no matter
what you feed him. He's always been that way.

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 12:53 AM
>WOW what big pussy cat! beautiful! sure look part Maine Coon to me too!
>how much does it weigh?

He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's just big, but really under all that
hair he's very lean, you can see his shoulder blades in the photo. . If he had
a better appetite, he'd probably be huge. He just picks at his food, no matter
what you feed him. He's always been that way.

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 12:55 AM
>Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
>suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
>think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
>and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.
>

> -MIKE

LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I put
that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
*does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you can
still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her in
this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a gentle
giant though.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 12:55 AM
>Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
>suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
>think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
>and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.
>

> -MIKE

LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I put
that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
*does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you can
still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her in
this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a gentle
giant though.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg

Sherry

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
July 7th 03, 01:21 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I
put
> that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
> *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you
can
> still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her
in
> this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a
gentle
> giant though.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
>
> Sherry

And his paws are *huge*! They're as big as my hands!!!

I love a cat with big paws...don't know why, but I like them.

rona

Rona Yuthasastrakosol
July 7th 03, 01:21 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I
put
> that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
> *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you
can
> still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her
in
> this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a
gentle
> giant though.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
>
> Sherry

And his paws are *huge*! They're as big as my hands!!!

I love a cat with big paws...don't know why, but I like them.

rona

Cathy Friedmann
July 7th 03, 02:50 AM
"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message
> "Sherry " > wrote in message
> > LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I
> put
> > that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person
probably
> > *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close,
you
> can
> > still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to
her
> in
> > this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a
> gentle
> > giant though.
> > http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
> >
> > Sherry
>
> And his paws are *huge*! They're as big as my hands!!!
>
> I love a cat with big paws...don't know why, but I like them.
>
> rona

I just thought of something... imagine a polydactyl Maine Coon's paws. ;-)

--
Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Cathy Friedmann
July 7th 03, 02:50 AM
"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message
> "Sherry " > wrote in message
> > LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I
> put
> > that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person
probably
> > *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close,
you
> can
> > still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to
her
> in
> > this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a
> gentle
> > giant though.
> > http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
> >
> > Sherry
>
> And his paws are *huge*! They're as big as my hands!!!
>
> I love a cat with big paws...don't know why, but I like them.
>
> rona

I just thought of something... imagine a polydactyl Maine Coon's paws. ;-)

--
Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Priscilla Ballou
July 7th 03, 03:36 AM
In article >,
(Sherry ) wrote:

> LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I put
> that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
> *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you can
> still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her in
> this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a gentle
> giant though.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg

Damn, that's a big cat.

Priscilla
--

(Sherry ) wrote:

> LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I put
> that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
> *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you can
> still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her in
> this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a gentle
> giant though.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg

Damn, that's a big cat.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 7th 03, 09:31 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
> >suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
> >think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
> >and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.
> >

> > -MIKE
> >
> LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I
put
> that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
> *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you
can
> still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her
in
> this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a
gentle
> giant though.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
>
> Sherry

LOL oh Sherry you could see he is a very big boy! from the first picture,
but the second picture is a lovely picture anyway! what a handsome lad he
is.

http://www.catclub.net/home.cfm you should sign up with this cats club and
enter him for the photo of the month competition, Bebe my cat won it one
month, I received a duffle bag which was really nice :-)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 7th 03, 09:31 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >Nipsy IS a beautiful cat. He looks a lot like my Tiger who I also
> >suspect is a Maine Coon. There is no question that Nipsy is big but I
> >think the picture tends to exaggerate his size. By holding the arms out
> >and taking the picture up close, Nipsy would appear larger than life.
> >

> > -MIKE
> >
> LOL, I told you I got accused of posting a "doctored" photo last time I
put
> that link up. The cat being closer to the camera than the person probably
> *does* give that illusion, but even in a pic of her holding him close, you
can
> still tell how big he is. Look at the size of his head in relation to her
in
> this photo. He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a
gentle
> giant though.
> http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
>
> Sherry

LOL oh Sherry you could see he is a very big boy! from the first picture,
but the second picture is a lovely picture anyway! what a handsome lad he
is.

http://www.catclub.net/home.cfm you should sign up with this cats club and
enter him for the photo of the month competition, Bebe my cat won it one
month, I received a duffle bag which was really nice :-)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 7th 03, 09:32 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >WOW what big pussy cat! beautiful! sure look part Maine Coon to me too!
> >how much does it weigh?
> >

> He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's just big, but really under all
that
> hair he's very lean, you can see his shoulder blades in the photo. . If he
had
> a better appetite, he'd probably be huge. He just picks at his food, no
matter
> what you feed him. He's always been that way.
>
> Sherry

a fat cat is NOT a healthy cat! he looks beautiful to me :-)

*~*SooZy*~*
July 7th 03, 09:32 AM
"Sherry " > wrote in message
> >WOW what big pussy cat! beautiful! sure look part Maine Coon to me too!
> >how much does it weigh?
> >

> He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's just big, but really under all
that
> hair he's very lean, you can see his shoulder blades in the photo. . If he
had
> a better appetite, he'd probably be huge. He just picks at his food, no
matter
> what you feed him. He's always been that way.
>
> Sherry

a fat cat is NOT a healthy cat! he looks beautiful to me :-)

Sherry
July 7th 03, 02:40 PM
>>I just thought of something... imagine a polydactyl Maine Coon's paws. ;-)
>>
>>--
>>Cathy

LOL, they would look like bears with snow shoes on!

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 02:40 PM
>>I just thought of something... imagine a polydactyl Maine Coon's paws. ;-)
>>
>>--
>>Cathy

LOL, they would look like bears with snow shoes on!

Sherry

PawsForThought
July 7th 03, 06:34 PM
>From: (Sherry )

>He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a gentle
>giant though.
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg

He's beautiful, Sherry! Do you know how much he weighs?

Lauren
________

PawsForThought
July 7th 03, 06:34 PM
>From: (Sherry )

>He's got the biggest cat-head I've ever seen. He truly is a gentle
>giant though.
>http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg

He's beautiful, Sherry! Do you know how much he weighs?

Lauren
________

Sherry
July 7th 03, 09:58 PM
>He's beautiful, Sherry! Do you know how much he weighs?
>
>Lauren

Thanks, Lauren. He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's really pretty lean.

Sherry

Sherry
July 7th 03, 09:58 PM
>He's beautiful, Sherry! Do you know how much he weighs?
>
>Lauren

Thanks, Lauren. He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's really pretty lean.

Sherry

PawsForThought
July 8th 03, 03:35 AM
>From: (Sherry )

>>He's beautiful, Sherry! Do you know how much he weighs?
>>
>>Lauren
>
>Thanks, Lauren. He only weighs around twenty pounds. He's really pretty lean.

ONLY twenty pounds?!! That's still a big boy!

Lauren
________

PawsForThought
July 8th 03, 03:35 AM