PDA

View Full Version : does the No-Scratch spray work?

Governor George Liquor
July 6th 03, 08:51 PM
Rizzo is doing a number on my TV speaker grilles with his claws. This is
despite having ready access to several scratching posts. I was able to
break Jack of the habit with the pennies-in-a-can bit, but Rizzo ignores it.
They somehow manage to pull off the double-sided tape I apply with great
regularity. I'd like to try the No-Scratch spray I've seen at Petsmart and
elsewhere. Does it work? I know there is great favor for Feliway in this
group, but I tried using a Feliway diffuser to ease Rizzo's introduction a
few weeks back, and it had no effect that I could detect. I'd rather not
spend another $30.

K9660R
July 6th 03, 09:19 PM
<< I'd like to try the No-Scratch spray I've seen at Petsmart and
elsewhere. Does it work? >><BR><BR>

It didn't phase my cat in the least. Not to say it won't work with yours
though. All cats seem to react differently to certain things.

Ken

K9660R
July 6th 03, 09:19 PM
<< I'd like to try the No-Scratch spray I've seen at Petsmart and
elsewhere. Does it work? >><BR><BR>

It didn't phase my cat in the least. Not to say it won't work with yours
though. All cats seem to react differently to certain things.

Ken

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 09:38 PM
in article , Governor George
Liquor at wrote on 7/6/03 2:51 PM:

> Rizzo is doing a number on my TV speaker grilles with his claws. This is
> despite having ready access to several scratching posts. I was able to
> break Jack of the habit with the pennies-in-a-can bit, but Rizzo ignores it.
> They somehow manage to pull off the double-sided tape I apply with great
> regularity. I'd like to try the No-Scratch spray I've seen at Petsmart and
> elsewhere. Does it work? I know there is great favor for Feliway in this
> group, but I tried using a Feliway diffuser to ease Rizzo's introduction a
> few weeks back, and it had no effect that I could detect. I'd rather not
> spend another $30.

I'd think instead of double sided tape try the sticky paws which comes in
sheets, more coverage. You might also try a citrus smelling spray ( of
course, spray it on a cloth first and rub on speaker screen). That might
deter him from the area more and still smell good to you. Or combine both
methods.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 6th 03, 09:38 PM
in article , Governor George
Liquor at wrote on 7/6/03 2:51 PM:

> Rizzo is doing a number on my TV speaker grilles with his claws. This is
> despite having ready access to several scratching posts. I was able to
> break Jack of the habit with the pennies-in-a-can bit, but Rizzo ignores it.
> They somehow manage to pull off the double-sided tape I apply with great
> regularity. I'd like to try the No-Scratch spray I've seen at Petsmart and
> elsewhere. Does it work? I know there is great favor for Feliway in this
> group, but I tried using a Feliway diffuser to ease Rizzo's introduction a
> few weeks back, and it had no effect that I could detect. I'd rather not
> spend another $30.

I'd think instead of double sided tape try the sticky paws which comes in
sheets, more coverage. You might also try a citrus smelling spray ( of
course, spray it on a cloth first and rub on speaker screen). That might
deter him from the area more and still smell good to you. Or combine both
methods.

Karen

*~*SooZy*~*
July 7th 03, 09:23 AM
"K9660R" > wrote in message
> << I'd like to try the No-Scratch spray I've seen at Petsmart and
> elsewhere. Does it work? >><BR><BR>
>
> It didn't phase my cat in the least. Not to say it won't work with yours
> though. All cats seem to react differently to certain things.
>
> Ken

I have never found a no scratch spray that works in UK, but I use anti mate
for dogs which does work for my cats! it doesn't smell as nasty as those
other sprays either.

*~*SooZy*~*
July 7th 03, 09:23 AM