PDA

View Full Version : kidney problems

YVONNE159
July 8th 03, 04:31 PM
my cat muffin is 16yrs old hes blind, is on medication for blood pressure and
fortekor, but just lately has put weight on making him look like a donkey each
side, has anyone experienced this, I am wondering if it is his weight because
he doesn,t get round much now, or if it is another problem, his mother is 18,
and is still fine(touch wood) I love them dearly, they have been with us
forever......

Helen
July 8th 03, 06:11 PM
"YVONNE159" > wrote in message
> my cat muffin is 16yrs old hes blind, is on medication for blood pressure
and
> fortekor, but just lately has put weight on making him look like a donkey
each
> side, has anyone experienced this, I am wondering if it is his weight
because
> he doesn,t get round much now, or if it is another problem, his mother is
18,
> and is still fine(touch wood) I love them dearly, they have been with us
> forever......

Please contact your vet ASAP: Muffin could have fluid build up and/or
possible heart problems:

http://www.felinecrf.org/symptoms_treatments_index.htm#W
Click on weight gain.

HTH, good luck