PDA

View Full Version : Re: Do kittens hiccup?

Niels Peter
July 12th 03, 09:29 AM
wombn wrote:
> Timmy seems to hiccup quite a bit.
>
> (3 months old)

Has Timmy been dewormed?

--
Niels Peter
www.bluewhite.dk

Niels Peter
July 12th 03, 09:29 AM
wombn wrote:
> Timmy seems to hiccup quite a bit.
>
> (3 months old)

Has Timmy been dewormed?

--
Niels Peter
www.bluewhite.dk

Priscilla Ballou
July 12th 03, 03:52 PM
In article >,
wombn > wrote:

> Timmy seems to hiccup quite a bit.
>
> (3 months old)

My Caley is a hiccupper. When she was a kitten and half-grown cat she'd
often have bouts of hiccups. Now she's an adult, it's much less common,
but she still does get them from time to time.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Priscilla Ballou
July 12th 03, 03:52 PM
In article >,
wombn > wrote:

> Timmy seems to hiccup quite a bit.
>
> (3 months old)

My Caley is a hiccupper. When she was a kitten and half-grown cat she'd
often have bouts of hiccups. Now she's an adult, it's much less common,
but she still does get them from time to time.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
(thanks be to topfive.com)

Yngver
July 15th 03, 06:08 PM
wrote:

>Timmy seems to hiccup quite a bit.
>
>(3 months old)

I wouldn't worry, but you might want to mention it to the vet next time you see
him/her. When one of our cats was a kitten, she did hiccup occasionally. My vet
said it was normal for kittens and cats to get the hiccups sometimes. Some get
it more than others. I think with young kittens, it can be from eating too
fast.

Yngver
July 15th 03, 06:08 PM
wrote:

>Timmy seems to hiccup quite a bit.
>
>(3 months old)

I wouldn't worry, but you might want to mention it to the vet next time you see
him/her. When one of our cats was a kitten, she did hiccup occasionally. My vet
said it was normal for kittens and cats to get the hiccups sometimes. Some get
it more than others. I think with young kittens, it can be from eating too
fast.

Yngver
July 16th 03, 06:53 PM
wombn wrote:

>ahh eating too fast yes. that could be it.
>
>The kittens all go spastic when I give them canned food. Taz growls
>at everyone and wolfs his plate down, then goes and tries to steal the
>others'. So I'll bet Timmy's trying to forestall that.

Probably. Hiccuping is better than the other frequent symptom of eating too
fast, which is regurgitation. With one of our cats, it isn't so much that she
likes the food so much, but that she can't bear the thought of the other cat
getting it, so she gulps hers down fast so she can try to steal some from the
other cat. Then a few minutes later, it all comes back up again (sometimes).
Feeding in separate rooms helps.

Yngver
July 16th 03, 06:53 PM