PDA

View Full Version : Cat stopped eating: Follow-up

TopCat
July 18th 03, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
altogether.

Cathy Friedmann
July 18th 03, 04:07 AM
Good, I'm glad she's okay. :-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"TopCat" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
> eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
> meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
> checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
> fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
> prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
> thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
> I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
> toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
> altogether.

Karen Chuplis
July 18th 03, 04:27 AM
in article , TopCat at
wrote on 7/17/03 9:58 PM:

> Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
> eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
> meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
> checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
> fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
> prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
> thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
> I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
> toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
> altogether.

It's nice to hear some good news :)

Karen

Karen Chuplis
July 18th 03, 04:27 AM
in article , TopCat at
wrote on 7/17/03 9:58 PM:

> Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
> eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
> meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
> checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
> fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
> prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
> thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
> I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
> toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
> altogether.

It's nice to hear some good news :)

Karen

Sherry
July 18th 03, 04:48 AM
>Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
>eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
>meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
>checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
>fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
>prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
>thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
>I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
>toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
>altogether.
>

>Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
>eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
>meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
>checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
>fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
>prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
>thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
>I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
>toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
>altogether.

Great news!! Thanks for the update, and good luck with the kitty-dental regime!

Sherry

Sherry
July 18th 03, 04:48 AM
>Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
>eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
>meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
>checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
>fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
>prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
>thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
>I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
>toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
>altogether.
>

>Thanks for the replies, everyone. The cat is doing fine. She is
>eating again and this morning she meowed to be fed and walked. And
>meoewed repeteadly once in the car on the way to the vet's. The vet
>checked her over and aside from a bit of plaque on her teeth she is
>fine. He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
>prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
>thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.
>I did get her one of those little fingertip brushes and tuna flavored
>toothpaste, but getting her to stand still for it is another issue
>altogether.

Great news!! Thanks for the update, and good luck with the kitty-dental regime!

Sherry

PawsForThought
July 18th 03, 01:27 PM
>From: TopCat

>He did think her stomach sounded a little upset, so he
>prescribed a medication for her to take for a couple of days. He
>thinks she might have eating something that did not agree with her.

I'm glad to hear your kitty is going to be fine. I really think there is a
good likelihood that she ate some grass with pesticide on it. I get my cats a
pot of wheat grass from my local health food market, or you can even grow your
own. They love to chew on it and it has lots of B vitamins and can help with
their digestion.

Lauren
________

PawsForThought