PDA

View Full Version : Re: Scratches on the Nose

MacCandace
July 19th 03, 05:12 AM
<< My cat is an outdoor cat, and she always has a scabby nose. It will almost
heal
up, and then the next day it will be all bloody again. It's not coming from the
nostrils, just on the outside of her nose. What could be happening? Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks

Does she have a white or light colored nose? Cats can get skin cancer easily
if they're outdoor cats, light colored cats being the most likely but others
can, too. Are you in a particularly sunny climate? She probably needs a vet
trip. It could be an allergy of some sort, too. Contact dermatitis. Any
number of things.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

[...]

WishinOnRedStars
July 19th 03, 10:29 PM
Yes! She has a white nose and we live in South Carolina. Ohhhh I hope my Casey
does not have cancer :(

WishinOnRedStars
July 19th 03, 10:29 PM
Yes! She has a white nose and we live in South Carolina. Ohhhh I hope my Casey
does not have cancer :(

Sherry
July 19th 03, 11:03 PM
This is a little off topic, but do you all recall a poster named Nancy (Nacey)
who had a cat named Melma and the cat had had a portion of its nose removed
from cancer? She hasn't posted in a while. I was wondering about Melma.

Sherry

Sherry
July 19th 03, 11:03 PM
This is a little off topic, but do you all recall a poster named Nancy (Nacey)
who had a cat named Melma and the cat had had a portion of its nose removed
from cancer? She hasn't posted in a while. I was wondering about Melma.

Sherry

Karen Chuplis
July 19th 03, 11:30 PM
in article , WishinOnRedStars at
wrote on 7/19/03 4:29 PM:

> Yes! She has a white nose and we live in South Carolina. Ohhhh I hope my Casey
> does not have cancer :(

*If* she does, there seem to be a lot of treatments for nose/skin type
cancers as opposed to mouth cancers. Please keep us posted.

Karen