PDA

View Full Version : Feline Leukemia

Morton
August 2nd 03, 06:30 PM

Mike
August 2nd 03, 09:57 PM
For those that cant read black text on black background:

"Morton" > wrote in message
Hi, Three (3) weeks ago I lost my cat to Feline Leukemia after having
the virust for 3 years. It was real ruff on me. Can anyone tell me is
there a time limit that the virus dies outside the body. I want to get a
new cat or 2 & I realize I should throw out all her previous toys &
clean real good the apt but I have carpeting, etc. Would spraying the
furniture & carpeting with Lysol spray help? I heard somewhere to allow
at least 30 days before bringing a new cat in. Any info on this would be
greatly appreciated.

Morton

SMILE!!! SMILE!!!! SMILE!!!

"Morton" > wrote in message
Hi, Three (3) weeks ago I lost my cat to Feline Leukemia after having
the virust for 3 years. It was real ruff on me. Can anyone tell me is
there a time limit that the virus dies outside the body. I want to get a
new cat or 2 & I realize I should throw out all her previous toys &
clean real good the apt but I have carpeting, etc. Would spraying the
furniture & carpeting with Lysol spray help? I heard somewhere to allow
at least 30 days before bringing a new cat in. Any info on this would be
greatly appreciated.

Morton

SMILE!!! SMILE!!!! SMILE!!!

Karen Chuplis
August 2nd 03, 10:06 PM
in article , Mike at
wrote on 8/2/03 3:57 PM:

> For those that cant read black text on black background:

odd. Didn't show up that way for me.

> "Morton" > wrote in message
> Hi, Three (3) weeks ago I lost my cat to Feline Leukemia after having
> the virust for 3 years. It was real ruff on me. Can anyone tell me is
> there a time limit that the virus dies outside the body. I want to get a
> new cat or 2 & I realize I should throw out all her previous toys &
> clean real good the apt but I have carpeting, etc. Would spraying the
> furniture & carpeting with Lysol spray help? I heard somewhere to allow
> at least 30 days before bringing a new cat in. Any info on this would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Morton

Karen Chuplis
August 2nd 03, 10:06 PM
in article , Mike at
wrote on 8/2/03 3:57 PM:

> For those that cant read black text on black background:

odd. Didn't show up that way for me.

> "Morton" > wrote in message
> Hi, Three (3) weeks ago I lost my cat to Feline Leukemia after having
> the virust for 3 years. It was real ruff on me. Can anyone tell me is
> there a time limit that the virus dies outside the body. I want to get a
> new cat or 2 & I realize I should throw out all her previous toys &
> clean real good the apt but I have carpeting, etc. Would spraying the
> furniture & carpeting with Lysol spray help? I heard somewhere to allow
> at least 30 days before bringing a new cat in. Any info on this would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Morton

Cathy Friedmann
August 2nd 03, 10:19 PM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> in article , Mike at
> wrote on 8/2/03 3:57 PM:
>
> > For those that cant read black text on black background:
> >

> odd. Didn't show up that way for me.

Did for me; that explains why I thought it was an empty message. ;-)

I don't have info in the FeLV & how long it lingers in the immediate
environment, though. If I needed the info, I would Google it, talk to the
vet, & maybe ask in the alt.med.veterinary ng, besides here.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

> > "Morton" > wrote in message
> > Hi, Three (3) weeks ago I lost my cat to Feline Leukemia after having
> > the virust for 3 years. It was real ruff on me. Can anyone tell me is
> > there a time limit that the virus dies outside the body. I want to get a
> > new cat or 2 & I realize I should throw out all her previous toys &
> > clean real good the apt but I have carpeting, etc. Would spraying the
> > furniture & carpeting with Lysol spray help? I heard somewhere to allow
> > at least 30 days before bringing a new cat in. Any info on this would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Morton

Cathy Friedmann
August 2nd 03, 10:19 PM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> in article , Mike at
> wrote on 8/2/03 3:57 PM:
>
> > For those that cant read black text on black background:
> >

> odd. Didn't show up that way for me.

Did for me; that explains why I thought it was an empty message. ;-)

I don't have info in the FeLV & how long it lingers in the immediate
environment, though. If I needed the info, I would Google it, talk to the
vet, & maybe ask in the alt.med.veterinary ng, besides here.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

> > "Morton" > wrote in message
> > Hi, Three (3) weeks ago I lost my cat to Feline Leukemia after having
> > the virust for 3 years. It was real ruff on me. Can anyone tell me is
> > there a time limit that the virus dies outside the body. I want to get a
> > new cat or 2 & I realize I should throw out all her previous toys &
> > clean real good the apt but I have carpeting, etc. Would spraying the
> > furniture & carpeting with Lysol spray help? I heard somewhere to allow
> > at least 30 days before bringing a new cat in. Any info on this would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Morton

Karen Chuplis
August 2nd 03, 10:43 PM
in article , Cathy Friedmann at
wrote on 8/2/03 4:19 PM:

> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>> in article , Mike at
>> wrote on 8/2/03 3:57 PM:
>>
>>> For those that cant read black text on black background:
>>>

>> odd. Didn't show up that way for me.
>
> Did for me; that explains why I thought it was an empty message. ;-)
>
> I don't have info in the FeLV & how long it lingers in the immediate
> environment, though. If I needed the info, I would Google it, talk to the
> vet, & maybe ask in the alt.med.veterinary ng, besides here.
>
> Cathy

Good luck getting a response to a cat question in there.

Karen

wrote on 8/2/03 4:19 PM:

> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>> in article , Mike at
>> wrote on 8/2/03 3:57 PM:
>>
>>> For those that cant read black text on black background:
>>>

>> odd. Didn't show up that way for me.
>
> Did for me; that explains why I thought it was an empty message. ;-)
>
> I don't have info in the FeLV & how long it lingers in the immediate
> environment, though. If I needed the info, I would Google it, talk to the
> vet, & maybe ask in the alt.med.veterinary ng, besides here.
>
> Cathy

Good luck getting a response to a cat question in there.

Karen

Arjun Ray
August 4th 03, 04:35 AM
In >, "Mike"
> wrote:

| For those that cant read black text on black background:

Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
Outlook Express.

Arjun Ray
August 4th 03, 04:35 AM
In >, "Mike"
> wrote:

| For those that cant read black text on black background:

Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
Outlook Express.

Karen Chuplis
August 4th 03, 05:07 AM
in article , Arjun Ray at
wrote on 8/3/03 10:35 PM:

> In >, "Mike"
> > wrote:
>
> | For those that cant read black text on black background:
>
> Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
> Outlook Express.

I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.

Karen

Karen Chuplis
August 4th 03, 05:07 AM
in article , Arjun Ray at
wrote on 8/3/03 10:35 PM:

> In >, "Mike"
> > wrote:
>
> | For those that cant read black text on black background:
>
> Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
> Outlook Express.

I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.

Karen

Arjun Ray
August 4th 03, 05:10 AM
In >, Karen Chuplis
> wrote:
| in article , Arjun Ray at
| wrote on 8/3/03 10:35 PM:

|> Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
|> Outlook Express.
|
| I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.

That's good to hear. What exactly did you see?

(M$ hired someone with a clue - Tantek Celik - for their Mac Explorer
team. Maybe some of his sense rubbed off on the Mac OE people.)

Arjun Ray
August 4th 03, 05:10 AM
In >, Karen Chuplis
> wrote:
| in article , Arjun Ray at
| wrote on 8/3/03 10:35 PM:

|> Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
|> Outlook Express.
|
| I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.

That's good to hear. What exactly did you see?

(M$ hired someone with a clue - Tantek Celik - for their Mac Explorer
team. Maybe some of his sense rubbed off on the Mac OE people.)

MacCandace
August 4th 03, 05:30 AM
<< I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.

Karen >>

"Mac" being the operative word. Anything Mac is far superior.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
August 4th 03, 05:30 AM
<< I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.

Karen >>

"Mac" being the operative word. Anything Mac is far superior.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Karen Chuplis
August 4th 03, 06:02 AM
in article , Arjun Ray at
wrote on 8/3/03 11:10 PM:

> In >, Karen Chuplis
> > wrote:
> | in article , Arjun Ray at
> | wrote on 8/3/03 10:35 PM:
>
> |> Only those saddling themselves with trailing-edge crippleware like
> |> Outlook Express.
> |
> | I use Mac OE and it didn't show up that way. I could read them.
>
> That's good to hear. What exactly did you see?
>
> (M$ hired someone with a clue - Tantek Celik - for their Mac Explorer
> team. Maybe some of his sense rubbed off on the Mac OE people.)

I know the Mac MS stuff really isn't by MS and maybe that has something to
do with it. Most the Mac MS products work WAY better than the real mccoy. It
showed up normally with some bold font (though everything is set to plain
text). Mac OE does have drawbacks, but I am lazy and like not having to fire
up a separate program for newsgroups. It's probably the only reason I run
Mac Classic 9 with my OS X. Yeesh. Pretty sad huh?

Karen

Karen Chuplis
August 4th 03, 06:02 AM
in article , Arjun Ray at