PDA

View Full Version : Feline Leukemia

Morton
August 3rd 03, 09:38 PM

MacCandace
August 3rd 03, 09:54 PM
Also sent via email:

Your original message as well as 4 replies are showing. There is no moderator
on this newsgroup. Look more carefully for the thread and it may have to do
with how your preferences are set. If you have a way to "list all" do that.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
August 3rd 03, 09:54 PM
Also sent via email:

Your original message as well as 4 replies are showing. There is no moderator
on this newsgroup. Look more carefully for the thread and it may have to do
with how your preferences are set. If you have a way to "list all" do that.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

MacCandace
August 3rd 03, 09:58 PM
However, in reading the response there is no precise answer to your question.
I don't know either but, from what I understand, this particular virus is not
very hardy outside of the cat. I would personally think that 30 days would
take care of it but I would discard your previous kitty's food dishes and
litter box and get new ones just to be safe. Someone suggested you search for
info on this on google. What does your vet say? You could also call around to
a couple of other vets or ask the Humane Society or some other shelter.

[...]

Cathy Friedmann
August 3rd 03, 10:22 PM
"Morton" > wrote in message
> I posted a message yesterdat 8/2 but it's not showing. Why??? Moderator
> please advise!!
>
> Morton

There's no moderator for this news group. The message showed up (if it's
the one I think you mean), *but* you're posting in HTML (aka rich text), and
it's a black background w/ black text (so is your post this time around), so
the words aren't showing - just solid black is apparent, unless one
highlights it, then the white words show. That seems to be a glitch of
WebTV; there's some way to switch to plain text in order to post to ngs, but
I have no idea what it is. I think Megan - a person who frequents this ng -
posts using WebTV; perhaps you could ask her how to fix it.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

----

> SMILE!!! SMILE!!!! SMILE!!!

Cathy Friedmann
August 3rd 03, 10:22 PM
"Morton" > wrote in message
> I posted a message yesterdat 8/2 but it's not showing. Why??? Moderator
> please advise!!
>
> Morton

There's no moderator for this news group. The message showed up (if it's
the one I think you mean), *but* you're posting in HTML (aka rich text), and
it's a black background w/ black text (so is your post this time around), so
the words aren't showing - just solid black is apparent, unless one
highlights it, then the white words show. That seems to be a glitch of
WebTV; there's some way to switch to plain text in order to post to ngs, but
I have no idea what it is. I think Megan - a person who frequents this ng -
posts using WebTV; perhaps you could ask her how to fix it.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

----

> SMILE!!! SMILE!!!! SMILE!!!

August 4th 03, 03:41 AM
Morton wrote:
>I posted a message yesterdat 8/2 but it's
>not showing. Why??? Moderator
>please advise!!

This is an unmoderated newsgroup and is not HTML friendly. Unlike the
WebTV newsgroups, when posting in these groups you need to post in plain
text. A lot of people with computers can't see messages posted in HTML.
Make sure to click on the "remove signature" button before you hit the
send button.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

August 4th 03, 03:41 AM
Morton wrote:
>I posted a message yesterdat 8/2 but it's
>not showing. Why??? Moderator
>please advise!!

This is an unmoderated newsgroup and is not HTML friendly. Unlike the
WebTV newsgroups, when posting in these groups you need to post in plain
text. A lot of people with computers can't see messages posted in HTML.
Make sure to click on the "remove signature" button before you hit the
send button.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Arjun Ray
August 4th 03, 04:23 AM
In >,
wrote:
| Morton wrote:

|> I posted a message yesterdat 8/2 but it's not showing. Why??? Moderator
|> please advise!!
|
| This is an unmoderated newsgroup and is not HTML friendly. Unlike the
| WebTV newsgroups, when posting in these groups you need to post in plain
| text. A lot of people with computers can't see messages posted in HTML.

Actually, the OP did *not* "post in HTML". However, people using
Outlook Express (presumably only the Windows version) were treated to
yet another one of its myriad bugs.

The bug was tickled by the OP's post having a "signature" in bogus
pseudo-HTML. The random taggery there called for a black background
that OE - ever so ready to display any "HTML" it can find - propagated
"upward" to the text of the OP's message. (OE users will have seen a
"blank" black portion, followed by a separating line in white, followed
by some text and an animated gif.)

| Make sure to click on the "remove signature" button before you hit the
| send button.

Is that enough? Is there some option to disable all "stationery", or
whatever they call it? The relevant portions of the MIME structure of
the OP's post were:

--WebTV-Mail-20753-435

Hi, Three (3) weeks ago [etc.]

--WebTV-Mail-20753-435

--WebTV-Mail-20753-435--

Your posts, for example, don't have this header

which makes me wonder whether this too might have scrambled OE's puny
brain (since WebTV is now also part of Micro$oft.)

Arjun Ray
August 4th 03, 04:23 AM
In >,
wrote:
| Morton wrote:

|> I posted a message yesterdat 8/2 but it's not showing. Why??? Moderator
|> please advise!!
|
| This is an unmoderated newsgroup and is not HTML friendly. Unlike the
| WebTV newsgroups, when posting in these groups you need to post in plain
| text. A lot of people with computers can't see messages posted in HTML.

Actually, the OP did *not* "post in HTML". However, people using
Outlook Express (presumably only the Windows version) were treated to
yet another one of its myriad bugs.

The bug was tickled by the OP's post having a "signature" in bogus
pseudo-HTML. The random taggery there called for a black background
that OE - ever so ready to display any "HTML" it can find - propagated
"upward" to the text of the OP's message. (OE users will have seen a
"blank" black portion, followed by a separating line in white, followed
by some text and an animated gif.)

| Make sure to click on the "remove signature" button before you hit the
| send button.

Is that enough? Is there some option to disable all "stationery", or
whatever they call it? The relevant portions of the MIME structure of
the OP's post were:

--WebTV-Mail-20753-435

Hi, Three (3) weeks ago [etc.]

--WebTV-Mail-20753-435

--WebTV-Mail-20753-435--

Your posts, for example, don't have this header

which makes me wonder whether this too might have scrambled OE's puny
brain (since WebTV is now also part of Micro$oft.)

August 4th 03, 05:51 AM
Arjun wrote:
>Actually, the OP did *not* "post in HTML".

The reason his post showed up the way it did is because he has "real"
HTML code in his signature, which was enabled when he posted.

>>Make sure to click on the "remove
>>signature" button before you hit the | send
>>button.

>Is that enough? Is there some option to
>disable all "stationery", or whatever they
>call it?

Yes, it's enough. The reason that I have a signature without anything
but text in it is because I have not put HTML code in it that adds a
color background, gifs, etc.
You'll have to trust me on this. This is how WebTV works. It's not a
computer. You can't always apply the same principles.

Arjun wrote:
>Actually, the OP did *not* "post in HTML".

The reason his post showed up the way it did is because he has "real"
HTML code in his signature, which was enabled when he posted.

>>Make sure to click on the "remove
>>signature" button before you hit the | send
>>button.

>Is that enough? Is there some option to
>disable all "stationery", or whatever they
>call it?

Yes, it's enough. The reason that I have a signature without anything
but text in it is because I have not put HTML code in it that adds a
color background, gifs, etc.
You'll have to trust me on this. This is how WebTV works. It's not a
computer. You can't always apply the same principles.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

googleman
August 4th 03, 09:17 AM
I have heard photofamily from someone,but i cannot find it, anyone can
tell me what is photofamily like????