PDA

View Full Version : Re: cat scratching furniture

P.D.
July 13th 03, 04:09 PM
The stuff is bough already, to late to change the fabric!

>When you get the new furniture, you
>should take into consideration what your cats have shown interest in and
>find fabrics that are the very opposite. Usually very smooth fabrics are
>a good choice and won't entice the cats. HTH.

That's fine for when I am home and awake, but when we are both out or
sleeping is when I think they do their most damage.

>If they try to
>scratch things you don't want them to, you must distract them using a
>"happy" voice and get their attention focused back on what you want them
>to scratch, then give more praise when they oblige. One way would be to
>stand by the scratching post you want them to use and scratch it with
>your fingernails loud enough for them to hear it.

CityKitty
July 16th 03, 11:53 PM
"Sticky Paws" I swear by it!!! It's not a chemical, and it won't hurt your
furniture either. Or you can just use double sided tape or aluminum foil.
-Mrs R

. net...