PDA

View Full Version : Re: Stupid pet owner trick (Top Post)

AWriteny
August 20th 03, 03:33 PM
You Thinking"...Not only did they air a clip about a cat who was thrown from a
surfboard, but they also showed a situation where a group of idiots were
rope-tying crabs (like a cowboy would do at a rodeo). One crab grabbed hold of
a man's hand and wouldn't let go, so his buddies severed the crab's claw to
free him. There was no voice over or disclaimer to educate the public that
both these situations were NOT approved as ethical situations. They were simply
presented as being entertaining.

I hope that all those who read this post send a letter of/email complaint to
the program's distributors, the cable channel in their area that shows the
program, AND the cable company that controls the programming in their area.
writes
>...TV show "What Were You ...Thinking"...featured a
>woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. ...she
takes her cat along with her on her surf board...she >tossed her cat overboard
and it >paddled desperately for shore...she drags it back and >makes it do it
again to the point of >exhaustion...Any suggestions for >what we should do...?

AWriteny
August 20th 03, 03:33 PM
You Thinking"...Not only did they air a clip about a cat who was thrown from a
surfboard, but they also showed a situation where a group of idiots were
rope-tying crabs (like a cowboy would do at a rodeo). One crab grabbed hold of
a man's hand and wouldn't let go, so his buddies severed the crab's claw to
free him. There was no voice over or disclaimer to educate the public that
both these situations were NOT approved as ethical situations. They were simply
presented as being entertaining.

I hope that all those who read this post send a letter of/email complaint to
the program's distributors, the cable channel in their area that shows the
program, AND the cable company that controls the programming in their area.
writes
>...TV show "What Were You ...Thinking"...featured a
>woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. ...she
takes her cat along with her on her surf board...she >tossed her cat overboard
and it >paddled desperately for shore...she drags it back and >makes it do it
again to the point of >exhaustion...Any suggestions for >what we should do...?

m. L. Briggs
August 20th 03, 06:54 PM
On 20 Aug 2003 14:33:36 GMT, (AWriteny)

>You Thinking"...Not only did they air a clip about a cat who was thrown from a
>surfboard, but they also showed a situation where a group of idiots were
>rope-tying crabs (like a cowboy would do at a rodeo). One crab grabbed hold of
>a man's hand and wouldn't let go, so his buddies severed the crab's claw to
>free him. There was no voice over or disclaimer to educate the public that
>both these situations were NOT approved as ethical situations. They were simply
>presented as being entertaining.
>
>I hope that all those who read this post send a letter of/email complaint to
>the program's distributors, the cable channel in their area that shows the
>program, AND the cable company that controls the programming in their area.
writes
>>...TV show "What Were You ...Thinking"...featured a
>>woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. ...she
>takes her cat along with her on her surf board...she >tossed her cat overboard
>and it >paddled desperately for shore...she drags it back and >makes it do it
>again to the point of >exhaustion...Any suggestions for >what we should do...?

How about getting the Humane Society of the United States (Washington
DC) involved in this. I am sure they could do something.

m. L. Briggs
August 20th 03, 06:54 PM
On 20 Aug 2003 14:33:36 GMT, (AWriteny)

>You Thinking"...Not only did they air a clip about a cat who was thrown from a
>surfboard, but they also showed a situation where a group of idiots were
>rope-tying crabs (like a cowboy would do at a rodeo). One crab grabbed hold of
>a man's hand and wouldn't let go, so his buddies severed the crab's claw to
>free him. There was no voice over or disclaimer to educate the public that
>both these situations were NOT approved as ethical situations. They were simply
>presented as being entertaining.
>
>I hope that all those who read this post send a letter of/email complaint to
>the program's distributors, the cable channel in their area that shows the
>program, AND the cable company that controls the programming in their area.
writes
>>...TV show "What Were You ...Thinking"...featured a
>>woman who must rank at the very top of misguided, stupid cat owners. ...she
>takes her cat along with her on her surf board...she >tossed her cat overboard
>and it >paddled desperately for shore...she drags it back and >makes it do it
>again to the point of >exhaustion...Any suggestions for >what we should do...?

How about getting the Humane Society of the United States (Washington
DC) involved in this. I am sure they could do something.

Cat Protector
August 20th 03, 09:57 PM
Not just them but the ASPCA. Also people should right to the news outlets in
this woman's area as well as the TV show that originally aired this footage.
Public embarrassment could be damaging to this woman.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com