PDA

View Full Version : Toma won't allow the kitten....

September 26th 03, 03:38 AM
Hi All,
I thought that I could pick your brains for ideas on how I can get my 12
year old female cat to accept a spayed 5 month old kitty. The kitten is
Pretty Girl (now known as Katie.). I have tried everything & Toma ( the 12
yr old.) won't even consider it. It's making me crazy! Any good ideas out
there?
Kathy K. >^..^<
P.S.
Has anyone heard from Patch lately? I've been thinking of her & her
kitties. I tried to send her an e-mail & it came back to me.... :-(

http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

AWriteny
September 26th 03, 06:49 AM

writes
> I thought that I could pick your >brains for ideas on how I can get >my 12
>year old female cat to accept a spayed 5 month old kitty.

Rather than do that (off the bat), I invite you to do a quick search of this
and other cat newsgroups. During the past month, there have been 20-25 posts on
that topic.

AWriteny
September 26th 03, 06:49 AM

writes
> I thought that I could pick your >brains for ideas on how I can get >my 12
>year old female cat to accept a spayed 5 month old kitty.

Rather than do that (off the bat), I invite you to do a quick search of this
and other cat newsgroups. During the past month, there have been 20-25 posts on
that topic.

September 26th 03, 08:49 PM
"AWriteny" > wrote in message

> writes
> > I thought that I could pick your >brains for ideas on how I can get >my
12
> >year old female cat to accept a spayed 5 month old kitty.
>
> Rather than do that (off the bat), I invite you to do a quick search of
this
> and other cat newsgroups. During the past month, there have been 20-25
posts on
> that topic.

Gee - thanks. ;-) I've done that in the past but, the troll insanity has
driven me off. :-(
Every cat is a little different & every situation is a little different
too. Thanks again...........
Kathy K.

September 26th 03, 08:49 PM
"AWriteny" > wrote in message

> writes
> > I thought that I could pick your >brains for ideas on how I can get >my
12
> >year old female cat to accept a spayed 5 month old kitty.
>
> Rather than do that (off the bat), I invite you to do a quick search of
this
> and other cat newsgroups. During the past month, there have been 20-25
posts on
> that topic.

Gee - thanks. ;-) I've done that in the past but, the troll insanity has
driven me off. :-(
Every cat is a little different & every situation is a little different
too. Thanks again...........
Kathy K.

MaryL
September 26th 03, 09:05 PM
> wrote in message ...
> Hi All,
> I thought that I could pick your brains for ideas on how I can get my 12
> year old female cat to accept a spayed 5 month old kitty. The kitten is
> Pretty Girl (now known as Katie.). I have tried everything & Toma ( the 12
> yr old.) won't even consider it. It's making me crazy! Any good ideas out
> there?
> Kathy K. >^..^<
> P.S.
> Has anyone heard from Patch lately? I've been thinking of her & her
> kitties. I tried to send her an e-mail & it came back to me.... :-(
>
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

I adopted a blind cat (5 years old) several months ago and needed to bring
him together with my other cat (about 8-1/2 years old). This is not the
same as a kitten and an adult cat, but I would be happy to share my
experiences with you. I wrote a fairly lengthy note describing how I
approached this situation. If you want a copy, please send private email
and I will mail it to you.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

MaryL