PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat watch TV?

Ablang
December 17th 03, 03:14 AM
Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?

Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
with.

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

Cat Protector
December 17th 03, 03:46 AM
Yes, my cats watch TV. They like Stargate and The Crocodile Hunter. My cats
watching TV gave me the idea of doing Internet TV for cats. You can see it
at www.catgalaxymedia.com.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
> sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
> with.
>
> --
> Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.
>
> "FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
> Busey

Rich
December 17th 03, 05:32 AM
Our Fawn Somali "Peaches" watches the stock market ticker at the bottom of
the screen of CNN Headline News. We keep telling her not to get involved,
otherwise, she might go the route of Martha Steward.

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Yes, my cats watch TV. They like Stargate and The Crocodile Hunter. My
cats
> watching TV gave me the idea of doing Internet TV for cats. You can see it
> at www.catgalaxymedia.com.
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
> >
> > Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's
either
> > sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> > consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> > classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is
fascinated
> > with.
> >
> > --
> > Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.
> >
> > "FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
> > Busey

Rich
December 17th 03, 05:32 AM
Our Fawn Somali "Peaches" watches the stock market ticker at the bottom of
the screen of CNN Headline News. We keep telling her not to get involved,
otherwise, she might go the route of Martha Steward.

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Yes, my cats watch TV. They like Stargate and The Crocodile Hunter. My
cats
> watching TV gave me the idea of doing Internet TV for cats. You can see it
> at www.catgalaxymedia.com.
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
>
> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
> >
> > Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's
either
> > sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> > consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> > classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is
fascinated
> > with.
> >
> > --
> > Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.
> >
> > "FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
> > Busey

Denise Clere
December 17th 03, 12:10 PM
we used to have a cat that watched football, & when a ball got thrown or
kicked,she'd bat at the screen with her paw & make a "brrt' sound ! Denise

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
> sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
> with.
>
> --
> Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.
>
> "FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
> Busey

dgk
December 17th 03, 02:38 PM
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:14:57 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

>Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
>Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
>sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
>consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
>classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
>with.

All my cats, alive and departed, have ignored TV. That is, until
fairly recently when a friend lent me a video for cats. Of my current
two cats, one completely ignored it but the other started watching,
even checking behind the TV to see if the birds were there. Then he
started pawing the screen.

Since then, every once in a while, he sees something that interests
him and he paws the screen and bats at it.

dgk
December 17th 03, 02:38 PM
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:14:57 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

>Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
>Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
>sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
>consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
>classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
>with.

All my cats, alive and departed, have ignored TV. That is, until
fairly recently when a friend lent me a video for cats. Of my current
two cats, one completely ignored it but the other started watching,
even checking behind the TV to see if the birds were there. Then he
started pawing the screen.

Since then, every once in a while, he sees something that interests
him and he paws the screen and bats at it.

Jennifer
December 17th 03, 07:49 PM
My siamese loves to watch T.V. Her favorite is the Animal Planet. She
loves the scenes with the big cat chasing the gazelle. She also loves
to watch the animated movie, Ice Age. She has a foundness for the
squirrel with the nut. My other cat could care less about the T.V.
Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats? I think that would be
great for her when we are not home.

Jennifer
December 17th 03, 07:49 PM
My siamese loves to watch T.V. Her favorite is the Animal Planet. She
loves the scenes with the big cat chasing the gazelle. She also loves
to watch the animated movie, Ice Age. She has a foundness for the
squirrel with the nut. My other cat could care less about the T.V.
Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats? I think that would be
great for her when we are not home.

Joan Brandt
December 18th 03, 12:00 AM
Whether or not cats watch T.V depends on how they see. Some cats see fast
which means that the picture on television is a blur to them. Cats that see
slow tend to watch T.V. I wish I could explain allot better but maybe
somebody else can.
There was a show on Animal Planet a few months ago that explained this.
Bill could care less about T.V.!
Joan

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
> sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
> with.
>
> --
> Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.
>
> "FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
> Busey

Susan
December 18th 03, 12:24 AM
British television once produced a documentary about cats that I borrowed
from our local library. I can't remember the name of it, but it was an hour
long show and our late cat, Kitty, watched for a solid hour. He never had
before and never did again. He, too, checked behind the TV set.

Susan
December 18th 03, 12:24 AM
British television once produced a documentary about cats that I borrowed
from our local library. I can't remember the name of it, but it was an hour
long show and our late cat, Kitty, watched for a solid hour. He never had
before and never did again. He, too, checked behind the TV set.

Suzie-Q
December 18th 03, 01:10 AM
Ablang wrote:

> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
> sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
> with.

All four of my cats will watch if I put the "Video Catnip"
tape in the VCR. In fact, one of them will come
running when she hears a tape going into the VCR.

I have also noticed that the youngest two will watch
Rolie Polie Olie for a little while. I think they like
the little antenna things on the characters' heads.

I also have at least one dog who can see the pictures
on TV. (I have five dogs.)

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q
December 18th 03, 01:10 AM
Ablang wrote:

> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> Mine doesn't really pay much attention to what I'm watching. She's either
> sleeping or grooming herself. If I've noticed her watching anything
> consistently, it would have to be figure skating. It might be all the
> classical music that is coming out of the boob tube that she is fascinated
> with.

All four of my cats will watch if I put the "Video Catnip"
tape in the VCR. In fact, one of them will come
running when she hears a tape going into the VCR.

I have also noticed that the youngest two will watch
Rolie Polie Olie for a little while. I think they like
the little antenna things on the characters' heads.

I also have at least one dog who can see the pictures
on TV. (I have five dogs.)

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Cheryl
December 18th 03, 01:15 AM
Jennifer wrote in om on
17 Dec 2003:

> Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&q=catnip+video&btnG=Google+Search

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Cheryl
December 18th 03, 01:15 AM
Jennifer wrote in om on
17 Dec 2003:

> Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&q=catnip+video&btnG=Google+Search

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Cheryl
December 18th 03, 01:18 AM
Cheryl wrote in on 17 Dec 2003:

>> Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
> 8&q=catnip+video&btnG=Google+Search

errr...
http://tinyurl.com/ytt8t

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Cheryl
December 18th 03, 01:18 AM
Cheryl wrote in on 17 Dec 2003:

>> Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
> 8&q=catnip+video&btnG=Google+Search

errr...
http://tinyurl.com/ytt8t

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Maria Teresa Chupacabra
December 20th 03, 06:46 PM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?

I've just read somewhere that cats' vision is so different from ours that
they see the scan lines and not the persistent image which we watch.

My cat will watch video DVDs with me when I play them on a laptop computer
with a color LCD screen, though.

Now, dogs are a different matter. My dog watches TV with me, but I guess I
should say he watches by himself. I usually go to a different room to watch
because it really ****es me off because I cannot get involved in a show when
he keeps channel-surfing with the remote. He's got a very short attention
span and he hates commercials.

Maria Teresa Chupacabra
December 20th 03, 06:46 PM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?

I've just read somewhere that cats' vision is so different from ours that
they see the scan lines and not the persistent image which we watch.

My cat will watch video DVDs with me when I play them on a laptop computer
with a color LCD screen, though.

Now, dogs are a different matter. My dog watches TV with me, but I guess I
should say he watches by himself. I usually go to a different room to watch
because it really ****es me off because I cannot get involved in a show when
he keeps channel-surfing with the remote. He's got a very short attention
span and he hates commercials.

TRINI UP
December 20th 03, 10:22 PM
i know that JAKKERS (m) doesn't usually care about tv , but ever since we
got the internet hes been going nuts trying to get "online"per se

trini up

"Maria Teresa Chupacabra" > wrote in message

> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> I've just read somewhere that cats' vision is so different from ours that
> they see the scan lines and not the persistent image which we watch.
>
> My cat will watch video DVDs with me when I play them on a laptop computer
> with a color LCD screen, though.
>
> Now, dogs are a different matter. My dog watches TV with me, but I guess
> should say he watches by himself. I usually go to a different room to
watch
> because it really ****es me off because I cannot get involved in a show
when
> he keeps channel-surfing with the remote. He's got a very short attention
> span and he hates commercials.

TRINI UP
December 20th 03, 10:22 PM
i know that JAKKERS (m) doesn't usually care about tv , but ever since we
got the internet hes been going nuts trying to get "online"per se

trini up

"Maria Teresa Chupacabra" > wrote in message

> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?
>
> I've just read somewhere that cats' vision is so different from ours that
> they see the scan lines and not the persistent image which we watch.
>
> My cat will watch video DVDs with me when I play them on a laptop computer
> with a color LCD screen, though.
>
> Now, dogs are a different matter. My dog watches TV with me, but I guess
> should say he watches by himself. I usually go to a different room to
watch
> because it really ****es me off because I cannot get involved in a show
when
> he keeps channel-surfing with the remote. He's got a very short attention
> span and he hates commercials.

Jellicoe
January 2nd 04, 12:19 PM
My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Jellicoe
January 2nd 04, 12:19 PM
My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Vixen aus
January 2nd 04, 12:28 PM
My Rusty does the same thing. Cats are so entertaining. They are great
company as well.
Jellicoe sounds so sweet.

"Jellicoe" > wrote in message
om...
> My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
> loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
> screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
> moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
> me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
> she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Vixen aus
January 2nd 04, 12:28 PM
My Rusty does the same thing. Cats are so entertaining. They are great
company as well.
Jellicoe sounds so sweet.

"Jellicoe" > wrote in message
om...
> My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
> loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
> screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
> moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
> me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
> she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Smokey Stover
January 3rd 04, 09:26 PM
"Vixen aus" > wrote in message >...
> My Rusty does the same thing. Cats are so entertaining. They are great
> company as well.
> Jellicoe sounds so sweet.
>

> "Jellicoe" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
> > loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
> > screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
> > moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
> > me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
> > she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Our cats will now and then enjoy TV if it shows small things moving
about, such as long shots of football or dancing.

However, the other day we rented the wonderful movie, "Winged
Migration" which is entirely shots of birds flying about. Both cats
sat rivited to the set for more than 45 minutes, but then sleep
overcame them both.

Smokey Stover
January 3rd 04, 09:26 PM