PDA

View Full Version : cat proof toilet paper holder?

Joe Pitt
January 7th 04, 03:55 PM
Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone and
another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
shreds it.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

Cathy Friedmann
January 7th 04, 10:10 PM
Can you just keep the bathroom door closed?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
. com...
> Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
and
> another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> shreds it.
>
> --
> Joe
> http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
> Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
> God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

Cathy Friedmann
January 7th 04, 10:10 PM
Can you just keep the bathroom door closed?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
. com...
> Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
and
> another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> shreds it.
>
> --
> Joe
> http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
> Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
> God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

Ted Davis
January 7th 04, 10:18 PM
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:55:13 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
> wrote:

>Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
>'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone and
>another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
>tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
>shreds it.

Balance a light weight plastic bowl about half full of water on top of
the roll so that when it's disturbed, the water spills out. Yeah, it
makes a mess, but I had to do it only twice to break the stubborn
toilet paper dragging yearling I once had - she never touuched it
again for the rest of her 17 years.

T.E.D. )

Ted Davis
January 7th 04, 10:18 PM
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:55:13 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
> wrote:

>Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
>'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone and
>another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
>tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
>shreds it.

Balance a light weight plastic bowl about half full of water on top of
the roll so that when it's disturbed, the water spills out. Yeah, it
makes a mess, but I had to do it only twice to break the stubborn
toilet paper dragging yearling I once had - she never touuched it
again for the rest of her 17 years.

T.E.D. )

Gee
January 7th 04, 11:25 PM
i got something like this, Tiara doesn;t seem to bother with it when inside:

http://store.yahoo.com/bedbathstore/3rowitotiho.html

But this is probably what you need more:
http://www.frontgate.com/fg/pdp.jsp?Showarrow=y&prod_oid=302604&Category_key=-13085&k=XX12171
They got it in brass or chrome, pricy but surely you can find cheaper
version in some major shops

or

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TQFVY/qid=1073513393//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i12_xgl60/102-9754311-4508913?v=glance&s=home-garden&n=507846

Also check these:

http://store.yahoo.com/imagineifyouwill/sparroltoilp.html?__yltc=s:21014610,d:23501379,mid :50616,pid:sparroltoilp,lt:1,sec:sr,slk:title

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=60070

Although I know cts love sea grass, so it may not serve the appropriate
purpose :)

Gee

[...]

MaryL
January 8th 04, 04:45 AM
"Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
. com...
> Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
and
> another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> shreds it.
>
> --
> Joe
> http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
> Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
> God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

This page shows a couple of hoodes toilet paper holders (both recessed and
surface mounted -- scroll a short way down the page). Would that type help?
http://www.rbagroup.com.au/toiletpaper_holders.html

MaryL

MaryL
January 8th 04, 04:45 AM
"Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
. com...
> Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
and
> another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> shreds it.
>
> --
> Joe
> http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
> Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
> God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

This page shows a couple of hoodes toilet paper holders (both recessed and
surface mounted -- scroll a short way down the page). Would that type help?
http://www.rbagroup.com.au/toiletpaper_holders.html

MaryL

Joe Pitt
January 8th 04, 02:04 PM
That might work, but I do rescue work and let the kittens and teenagers run
the house with my own(after 10 days of quarentine). It would be a constant
training exercise.

--

"Ted Davis" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:55:13 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
> > wrote:
>
> >Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> >'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
and
> >another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> >tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> >shreds it.
>
> Balance a light weight plastic bowl about half full of water on top of
> the roll so that when it's disturbed, the water spills out. Yeah, it
> makes a mess, but I had to do it only twice to break the stubborn
> toilet paper dragging yearling I once had - she never touuched it
> again for the rest of her 17 years.
>

> T.E.D. )
> SPAM filter: Messages to this address *must* contain "T.E.D."
> somewhere in the body or they will be automatically rejected.

Joe Pitt
January 8th 04, 02:09 PM
The hooded recessed one looks like a winner. Thanks.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

> "Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> > 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
> and
> > another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> > tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> > shreds it.
> >
> > --
> > Joe
> > http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
> > Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
> > God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger
> >

> This page shows a couple of hoodes toilet paper holders (both recessed and
> surface mounted -- scroll a short way down the page). Would that type
help?
> http://www.rbagroup.com.au/toiletpaper_holders.html
>
> MaryL

Joe Pitt
January 8th 04, 02:09 PM
The hooded recessed one looks like a winner. Thanks.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

> "Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> > 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
> and
> > another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> > tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> > shreds it.
> >
> > --
> > Joe
> > http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
> > Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
> > God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger
> >

> This page shows a couple of hoodes toilet paper holders (both recessed and
> surface mounted -- scroll a short way down the page). Would that type
help?
> http://www.rbagroup.com.au/toiletpaper_holders.html
>
> MaryL

Ted Davis
January 8th 04, 02:49 PM
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:04:03 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
> wrote:

>That might work, but I do rescue work and let the kittens and teenagers run
>the house with my own(after 10 days of quarentine). It would be a constant
>training exercise.

Weel, I've had a lot of cats in the last 35 years or so that I have
been keeping cats - as many as fourteen at a time - and only a very
few have defeated the trick of rolling the paper off the back, so I
have had to use the water trick for only a couple of cats in all. I
haven't needed to use it in almost eighteen years.

Of course, teenagers complicate the situation: it's much harder to
teach them not to play with toilet paper than it is to teach cats.

T.E.D. )

Ted Davis
January 8th 04, 02:49 PM
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:04:03 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
> wrote:

>That might work, but I do rescue work and let the kittens and teenagers run
>the house with my own(after 10 days of quarentine). It would be a constant
>training exercise.

Weel, I've had a lot of cats in the last 35 years or so that I have
been keeping cats - as many as fourteen at a time - and only a very
few have defeated the trick of rolling the paper off the back, so I
have had to use the water trick for only a couple of cats in all. I
haven't needed to use it in almost eighteen years.

Of course, teenagers complicate the situation: it's much harder to
teach them not to play with toilet paper than it is to teach cats.

T.E.D. )

wumpygirl
January 9th 04, 05:02 AM
"Joe Pitt" > wrote in message
. com...
> Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
> 'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone
and
> another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
> tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
> shreds it.

Personally, I prefer moist wipes to toilet paper, so I don't have problems
with the cat shredding rolls of paper. :c)

http://www.cottonelle.com/moist/folded.asp

Apart from this, you could always hang the roll from the ceiling - out of
reach. I bet your cats would find this really frustrating. he he he

wumpygirl
January 9th 04, 05:02 AM
. com...