PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new here,, Cat's swollen ear!!

Karen v
January 28th 04, 04:45 AM

Suzie-Q
January 28th 04, 09:56 PM
Karen v wrote:

> This is for anyone this happens to.
>
> My old C.J. cat was fine on Monday, on Tuesday, I went to scratch his
> ears and one ear was swollen up like a balloon,
>
> I have been so worried, I am housebound and have to rely on others to
> help me, and could not get him to a vet.
>
> It did not seem to hurt him,
>
> I e-mailed a very nice person who has a "No kill" cat shelter
>
> She assured me that he had a "hematoma"
>
> Which is a broken blood vein in his ear.
>
> She said that it would take about a month for it to start healing, and
> there was no need for a vet,
>
> This has never happened to me before and I cannot remember how many
> cat's I have raised.
>
> Just in case this happens to any of you, I wanted to share this.
>
> If any one wants to help this nice lady out.. which I want to.
>
> Her name is Barbara, and I think the addy is
>
> http://www.catshaven.org
>
> This is not a spam, She does not know I am sharing her addy
>
> If this is offensive to anyone please flame me.
>
> I am so relieved, I thought my kitty might have cancer or some such
>
> Best regards to this group.
>
> I do not have the group saved, so e-mail me with any comments
>
> Karen

It might be good to have a vet look at it anyway. Maybe your vet
would be willing to make a quick housecall. Discuss money beforehand
if it's an issue.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q
January 28th 04, 09:56 PM
Karen v wrote:

> This is for anyone this happens to.
>
> My old C.J. cat was fine on Monday, on Tuesday, I went to scratch his
> ears and one ear was swollen up like a balloon,
>
> I have been so worried, I am housebound and have to rely on others to
> help me, and could not get him to a vet.
>
> It did not seem to hurt him,
>
> I e-mailed a very nice person who has a "No kill" cat shelter
>
> She assured me that he had a "hematoma"
>
> Which is a broken blood vein in his ear.
>
> She said that it would take about a month for it to start healing, and
> there was no need for a vet,
>
> This has never happened to me before and I cannot remember how many
> cat's I have raised.
>
> Just in case this happens to any of you, I wanted to share this.
>
> If any one wants to help this nice lady out.. which I want to.
>
> Her name is Barbara, and I think the addy is
>
> http://www.catshaven.org
>
> This is not a spam, She does not know I am sharing her addy
>
> If this is offensive to anyone please flame me.
>
> I am so relieved, I thought my kitty might have cancer or some such
>
> Best regards to this group.
>
> I do not have the group saved, so e-mail me with any comments
>
> Karen

It might be good to have a vet look at it anyway. Maybe your vet
would be willing to make a quick housecall. Discuss money beforehand
if it's an issue.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Larry Silkaitis
January 29th 04, 02:21 AM
It sounds like a hematoma. My Grey Ghost had one and I went to a vet and he
sewed it up. It still looked wrinkled after it healed. It happened again
two months later. This time I did not take him to vet. It healed OK and
still had the wrinkled look.

--
Larry

----