PDA

View Full Version : Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Ablang
February 1st 04, 01:23 AM
I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat less
and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

--
"Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
Unknown

View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting for
it):
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=28&month=09&year
=2005&hour=00&m

The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

Jon C
February 1st 04, 01:40 AM
Because I live in an apartment.

Otherwise, I would definitely have a dog. A big dog.

I dig my cats though. I'm sure I'll have cats for the rest of my life.

Jon

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
>
> --
> "Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
> Unknown
>
> View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting
for
> it):

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=28&month=09&year
> =2005&hour=00&m
>
> The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

Rich
February 1st 04, 02:12 AM
We have FIVE cats.
BTW, what is a dog?

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

XMar
February 1st 04, 02:21 AM
For me its because of my job. I work seasonally for about 5 months out
of the year. It requires me to be gone up to 12 hours a day 7 days a
week for some time.

So I wouldnt be able to give a dog the care and time they would need (ie
walks etc)

Cats in that sense are much easier to care for.
I just didnt want to be unfair to a dog though I love them just as much
as cats

Rich wrote:

> We have FIVE cats.
> BTW, what is a dog?
>

> "Ablang" > wrote in message
>
>> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>>
>>I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
>>like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
>>and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
>
> less
>
>>and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
>>attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
>>your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

Flippy
February 1st 04, 02:47 AM
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

I prefer cats for many reasons, few of which: because I dont have to walk
them, I don't have to bathe them, they are clean re the litterbox, and they
are independent.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Flippy
February 1st 04, 02:47 AM
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

I prefer cats for many reasons, few of which: because I dont have to walk
them, I don't have to bathe them, they are clean re the litterbox, and they
are independent.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Hans Schrøder
February 1st 04, 03:26 AM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid in
a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean it.

Hans

Hans Schrøder
February 1st 04, 03:26 AM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid in
a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean it.

Hans

XMar
February 1st 04, 03:50 AM
Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day though.

Humans are suppost to be smarter, wiser etc etc.
(Emphasis on "suppost to be")

s Schrøder wrote:

> Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother?

Hans Schrøder
February 1st 04, 04:03 AM
"XMar" > wrote in message
> Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day though.

I have never denied that, cats could never start a war...

Hans

Hans Schrøder
February 1st 04, 04:03 AM
"XMar" > wrote in message
> Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day though.

I have never denied that, cats could never start a war...

Hans

Agua Girl
February 1st 04, 04:53 AM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

First off..not everyone chooses one or the other. I used to have both
and I know lots of people who still do.

I don't "prefer" one over the other as they both have advantages
and disadvantages but some of the advantages of cats are
they are less demanding, can be left over night alone, tend to
be smaller on the whole (my last dog was 85lbs) and are less
expensive when it comes to feeding and vet bills. I also find
cleaning up after them much easier and they don't require
as much space.

AG

Agua Girl
February 1st 04, 04:53 AM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

First off..not everyone chooses one or the other. I used to have both
and I know lots of people who still do.

I don't "prefer" one over the other as they both have advantages
and disadvantages but some of the advantages of cats are
they are less demanding, can be left over night alone, tend to
be smaller on the whole (my last dog was 85lbs) and are less
expensive when it comes to feeding and vet bills. I also find
cleaning up after them much easier and they don't require
as much space.

AG

Agua Girl
February 1st 04, 04:59 AM
"Hans Schrøder" > wrote in message
> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
> >
> > I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> > like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all
dirty
> > and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
> less
> > and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> > attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> > your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
> >

> Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid
in
> a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
> built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
> don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean
it.

I read once (perhaps in here) that you feed a dog, love it, care for it, and
it
looks at you and thinks you must be god. You feed a cat, love it, care for
it and it looks at you and thinks I must be god <g>. Cats are more
independent
by nature but that doesn't mean they are "smarter". Studies have proven
that dogs have a greater capacity for learning. Of course we have no idea
if that's because they are smarter or because the cats in the study didn't
want
to participate. :-)

AG

Agua Girl
February 1st 04, 04:59 AM
"Hans Schrøder" > wrote in message
> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
> >
> > I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> > like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all
dirty
> > and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
> less
> > and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> > attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> > your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
> >

> Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid
in
> a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
> built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
> don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean
it.

I read once (perhaps in here) that you feed a dog, love it, care for it, and
it
looks at you and thinks you must be god. You feed a cat, love it, care for
it and it looks at you and thinks I must be god <g>. Cats are more
independent
by nature but that doesn't mean they are "smarter". Studies have proven
that dogs have a greater capacity for learning. Of course we have no idea
if that's because they are smarter or because the cats in the study didn't
want
to participate. :-)

AG

Bob Brenchley.
February 1st 04, 10:08 AM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
>I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
>like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
>and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat less
>and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
>attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
>your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

I didn't chose cats - cats chose me. But you are right on all the
things you list.

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.

Bob Brenchley.
February 1st 04, 10:08 AM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
>I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
>like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
>and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat less
>and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
>attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
>your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

I didn't chose cats - cats chose me. But you are right on all the
things you list.

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.

DevilsPGD
February 1st 04, 01:00 PM
In message >> XMar >
did ramble:

>Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day though.

So true. My cats have figured out how to use tools (they move the
kitchen chairs so that they can jump up on to the counter -- Still
kittens, can't quite make it to the counter in one jump)

I know humans that can't figure out how to use simple tools.

DevilsPGD
February 1st 04, 01:00 PM
In message >> XMar >
did ramble:

>Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day though.

So true. My cats have figured out how to use tools (they move the
kitchen chairs so that they can jump up on to the counter -- Still
kittens, can't quite make it to the counter in one jump)

I know humans that can't figure out how to use simple tools.

Linda Terrell
February 1st 04, 02:47 PM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 UTC, Ablang
> wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

My cats picked me

LT

Linda Terrell
February 1st 04, 02:47 PM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 UTC, Ablang
> wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

My cats picked me

LT

Ted Davis
February 1st 04, 04:27 PM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

10) Cats are dangerous pets, but are not capable of doing as much
serious damage as dogs.
9) Cats are low maintenance.
8) Cats are prettier and more photogenic.
7) Cats don't jump all over me with muddy paws when I feed them
(though they do walk all over me with muddy paws when I'm in bed).
6) Cats keep the mice down.
5) Cats are softer.
4) Cats are quietly affectionate.
3) Cats purr.
2) Cats don't bark all day and all night.
1) I've never been bitten by a rabid cat, but I have by a rabid dog.

None the less, I had to get two large (~60 pound) dogs to control the
raccoons and possums that were coming through the cat flap to eat the
cats' food. The dogs are expensive and I really don't like them much,
but they do what they are here to do.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Ted Davis
February 1st 04, 04:27 PM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

10) Cats are dangerous pets, but are not capable of doing as much
serious damage as dogs.
9) Cats are low maintenance.
8) Cats are prettier and more photogenic.
7) Cats don't jump all over me with muddy paws when I feed them
(though they do walk all over me with muddy paws when I'm in bed).
6) Cats keep the mice down.
5) Cats are softer.
4) Cats are quietly affectionate.
3) Cats purr.
2) Cats don't bark all day and all night.
1) I've never been bitten by a rabid cat, but I have by a rabid dog.

None the less, I had to get two large (~60 pound) dogs to control the
raccoons and possums that were coming through the cat flap to eat the
cats' food. The dogs are expensive and I really don't like them much,
but they do what they are here to do.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Agua Girl
February 1st 04, 04:52 PM
"Ted Davis" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> 10) Cats are dangerous pets, but are not capable of doing as much
> serious damage as dogs.

I'm not so sure about that. I never hear about anyone declawing
a dog :-)

> 9) Cats are low maintenance.
> 8) Cats are prettier and more photogenic.

I've seen some ugly cats and some very pretty dogs. It's all
in the eye of the beholder.

> 7) Cats don't jump all over me with muddy paws when I feed them
> (though they do walk all over me with muddy paws when I'm in bed).

Dogs are more trainable, more eager to please. How many working
"cats" have you seen? My Golden never jumped up on people unless
invited to do so.

> 6) Cats keep the mice down.

Dogs keep the gophers and larger "pests" away.

> 5) Cats are softer.
> 4) Cats are quietly affectionate.
> 3) Cats purr.
> 2) Cats don't bark all day and all night.

Well I've known a few strays to yowl all night. When a dog
barks it's talking, just like when a cat meows. Mine never
barked all night but that's because I didn't leave her outside
when the rest of the "pack" (as she viewed us) were in the
"den". When she did bark (she was an usually quiet dog) it
was in answer to another dog, because someone was coming..
or because a bird dared to land in her yard. (although she would
let them eat out of her dish and drink her water. Weird dog)

> 1) I've never been bitten by a rabid cat, but I have by a rabid dog.
> None the less, I had to get two large (~60 pound) dogs to control the
> raccoons and possums that were coming through the cat flap to eat the
> cats' food. The dogs are expensive and I really don't like them much,
> but they do what they are here to do.

I agree to the more expensive and as pets they are much more high
maitenance. You should get to know your dogs. They are amazing
companions. Most of them will do almost anything to please. I have
a lot of exposure to working dogs and I am constantly amazed at what
they can do. I love dogs. To me they are much more companionable
than cats....but they can also take up a lot more space in your life.

AG

Agua Girl
February 1st 04, 04:52 PM
"Ted Davis" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> 10) Cats are dangerous pets, but are not capable of doing as much
> serious damage as dogs.

I'm not so sure about that. I never hear about anyone declawing
a dog :-)

> 9) Cats are low maintenance.
> 8) Cats are prettier and more photogenic.

I've seen some ugly cats and some very pretty dogs. It's all
in the eye of the beholder.

> 7) Cats don't jump all over me with muddy paws when I feed them
> (though they do walk all over me with muddy paws when I'm in bed).

Dogs are more trainable, more eager to please. How many working
"cats" have you seen? My Golden never jumped up on people unless
invited to do so.

> 6) Cats keep the mice down.

Dogs keep the gophers and larger "pests" away.

> 5) Cats are softer.
> 4) Cats are quietly affectionate.
> 3) Cats purr.
> 2) Cats don't bark all day and all night.

Well I've known a few strays to yowl all night. When a dog
barks it's talking, just like when a cat meows. Mine never
barked all night but that's because I didn't leave her outside
when the rest of the "pack" (as she viewed us) were in the
"den". When she did bark (she was an usually quiet dog) it
was in answer to another dog, because someone was coming..
or because a bird dared to land in her yard. (although she would
let them eat out of her dish and drink her water. Weird dog)

> 1) I've never been bitten by a rabid cat, but I have by a rabid dog.
> None the less, I had to get two large (~60 pound) dogs to control the
> raccoons and possums that were coming through the cat flap to eat the
> cats' food. The dogs are expensive and I really don't like them much,
> but they do what they are here to do.

I agree to the more expensive and as pets they are much more high
maitenance. You should get to know your dogs. They are amazing
companions. Most of them will do almost anything to please. I have
a lot of exposure to working dogs and I am constantly amazed at what
they can do. I love dogs. To me they are much more companionable
than cats....but they can also take up a lot more space in your life.

AG

M.C. Mullen
February 1st 04, 06:33 PM
| > Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day
though.

| I have never denied that, cats could never start a war...
|
| Hans

They do it all the time ... poop into neighbours garden,
dig out some plants ...
and when the war is on they claim they know nothing about it LOL

M.C. Mullen
February 1st 04, 06:33 PM
| > Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day
though.

| I have never denied that, cats could never start a war...
|
| Hans

They do it all the time ... poop into neighbours garden,
dig out some plants ...
and when the war is on they claim they know nothing about it LOL

M.C. Mullen
February 1st 04, 06:35 PM
"Flippy" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
| >
| > I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
| > like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all
dirty
| > and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
| less
| > and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
| > attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
| > your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
|

| I prefer cats for many reasons, few of which: because I dont have to walk
| them, I don't have to bathe them, they are clean re the litterbox, and
they
| are independent.

I grew up with cats, so naturally I preferred them to dogs, also I was a bit
afraid of dogs because I never learned how to deal with them.

Then daughter 'forced' me into getting a small dog, and I found out what
wonderful creatures they are:
-real true friends, not false at all
-faithful
-teachable
-teachers to handle your own temper
-guardians
-fun to play with
-healthy because you have to go for walks,
thankfully my dog refuses to go for walks when it rains :-)
-sporty, I even ended up at some dog competitions - and enjoyed them!! We
even won some prizes
-and I learned to overcome my fear of dogs and how to handle them properly.

So my solution is: have a cat _and_ a dog ... if you can, because cats are
sooo cuddly.

Carola

M.C. Mullen
February 1st 04, 06:35 PM
"Flippy" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
| >
| > I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
| > like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all
dirty
| > and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
| less
| > and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
| > attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
| > your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
|

| I prefer cats for many reasons, few of which: because I dont have to walk
| them, I don't have to bathe them, they are clean re the litterbox, and
they
| are independent.

I grew up with cats, so naturally I preferred them to dogs, also I was a bit
afraid of dogs because I never learned how to deal with them.

Then daughter 'forced' me into getting a small dog, and I found out what
wonderful creatures they are:
-real true friends, not false at all
-faithful
-teachable
-teachers to handle your own temper
-guardians
-fun to play with
-healthy because you have to go for walks,
thankfully my dog refuses to go for walks when it rains :-)
-sporty, I even ended up at some dog competitions - and enjoyed them!! We
even won some prizes
-and I learned to overcome my fear of dogs and how to handle them properly.

So my solution is: have a cat _and_ a dog ... if you can, because cats are
sooo cuddly.

Carola

Suzie-Q
February 1st 04, 07:25 PM
Ablang wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

I chose cats for a couple of reasons. First, because you don't
have to let them outside to pee/poop. This is important if you
live somewhere where you don't have a yard. Second, you can, if
you have to, leave cats alone for a few days. You leave them lots
of food and water and a clean litter box or two, and they're all
set. Can't do that with dogs. (Well, I can't. I do have dogs now
and they are indoor dogs.)

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Suzie-Q
February 1st 04, 07:25 PM
Ablang wrote:

> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

I chose cats for a couple of reasons. First, because you don't
have to let them outside to pee/poop. This is important if you
live somewhere where you don't have a yard. Second, you can, if
you have to, leave cats alone for a few days. You leave them lots
of food and water and a clean litter box or two, and they're all
set. Can't do that with dogs. (Well, I can't. I do have dogs now
and they are indoor dogs.)

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:36 PM
Cats are more intelligent, beautiful and independent. They are also cleaner
as well and have us as their human servents as well. I don't mind as cats
are royalty after all.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
>
> --
> "Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
> Unknown
>
> View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting
for
> it):

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=28&month=09&year
> =2005&hour=00&m
>
> The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:36 PM
I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for them on
the Internet.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Rich" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s53...
> We have FIVE cats.
> BTW, what is a dog?
>

> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
> >
> > I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> > like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all
dirty
> > and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
> less
> > and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> > attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> > your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:36 PM
I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for them on
the Internet.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Rich" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s53...
> We have FIVE cats.
> BTW, what is a dog?
>

> "Ablang" > wrote in message
> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
> >
> > I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> > like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all
dirty
> > and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
> less
> > and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> > attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> > your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:46 PM
You can walk them with a leash and harness.

"Flippy" > wrote in message

> I prefer cats for many reasons, few of which: because I dont have to walk
> them, I don't have to bathe them, they are clean re the litterbox, and
they
> are independent.
>
> Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
> My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:48 PM
I grew up around dogs but I knew people who had cats and I preferred the
felines. I don't regret my choice in siding with the cats. I'll never have
dogs in my household.

"M.C. Mullen" > wrote in message
> I grew up with cats, so naturally I preferred them to dogs, also I was a
bit
> afraid of dogs because I never learned how to deal with them.
>
> Then daughter 'forced' me into getting a small dog, and I found out what
> wonderful creatures they are:
> -real true friends, not false at all
> -faithful
> -teachable
> -teachers to handle your own temper
> -guardians
> -fun to play with
> -healthy because you have to go for walks,
> thankfully my dog refuses to go for walks when it rains :-)
> -sporty, I even ended up at some dog competitions - and enjoyed them!! We
> even won some prizes
> -and I learned to overcome my fear of dogs and how to handle them
properly.

> So my solution is: have a cat _and_ a dog ... if you can, because cats are
> sooo cuddly.
>

> Carola

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:49 PM
Cats are not stupid. They are also more intelligent than we humans.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Hans Schrøder" > wrote in message

> Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid
in
> a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
> built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
> don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean
it.

> Hans

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:49 PM
Cats are not stupid. They are also more intelligent than we humans.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Hans Schrøder" > wrote in message

> Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid
in
> a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
> built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
> don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean
it.

> Hans

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:51 PM
Humans are plenty dumb. They are ignorant, cause wars and basically destroy
their own environment. Humans are also more violent than any other creature
on this planet.

"XMar" > wrote in message
> Humans beat canines or felines in the stupidity department any day though.
>
> Humans are suppost to be smarter, wiser etc etc.
> (Emphasis on "suppost to be")
>

> s Schrøder wrote:
>

> > Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother?

Cat Protector
February 1st 04, 08:53 PM
The cats probably said "if dogs are willing to subject themselves to a study
than they have proved without a doubt that we are smarter."

"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
> I read once (perhaps in here) that you feed a dog, love it, care for it,
and
> it
> looks at you and thinks you must be god. You feed a cat, love it, care
for
> it and it looks at you and thinks I must be god <g>. Cats are more
> independent
> by nature but that doesn't mean they are "smarter". Studies have proven
> that dogs have a greater capacity for learning. Of course we have no idea
> if that's because they are smarter or because the cats in the study didn't
> want
> to participate. :-)
>
> AG

Double Trouble
February 1st 04, 11:13 PM
<snip>

I did not have a choice on what my decision would be, as I am tied to cats.
I walk side by side with the big cat (bengal tiger). My spirit guide is the
cat! I have tried living without cats, and it does not work for me. I am
tied to them in more ways than one. Want to talk about someone being
depressed, take my feline companions away from me. When it comes to
choosing a buddy for me, I am not allowed to choose, as they usually choose
for me. Tigger, my buddy now, chose me 5 years ago. we are inseperable and
understand each other. We are soul mates!
I do, on the other hand have a dog. I love Bear to death. He is a 80 pound
Lab/Husky mix. He is smart as a whip and very protective, but the sweetest
thing in the world. He has been fully trained, does not jump, does as he is
told to do, and gets very pouty when you are upset with him. He is very
well behaved. He is this way though because I spent hours upon hours with
him training him. Dogs need training. Cats.........they train us :))

DD and Tigger

[...]

February 1st 04, 11:18 PM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>You can walk them with a leash and harness.

What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
treated like dogs.

--
Bob.

Cats-V-Dogs

A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
They must be Gods!
A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
must be a God!

Bob Brenchley.
February 1st 04, 11:18 PM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>You can walk them with a leash and harness.

What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
treated like dogs.

--
Bob.

Cats-V-Dogs

A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
They must be Gods!
A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
must be a God!

philo
February 1st 04, 11:46 PM
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

Because they purrrrrrr !

philo
February 1st 04, 11:46 PM
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

Because they purrrrrrr !

Ted Davis
February 2nd 04, 02:06 AM
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:52:01 -0800, "Agua Girl" >
wrote:

>"Ted Davis" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>>
>> 10) Cats are dangerous pets, but are not capable of doing as much
>> serious damage as dogs.
>
>I'm not so sure about that. I never hear about anyone declawing
>a dog :-)
Dogs don't have razor sharp claws, but cats can't break large bones
with their teeth - When Odin does his job of possum control, there is
a sickening crunching sound involved - no cat can do that kind of
damage.

>> 9) Cats are low maintenance.
>> 8) Cats are prettier and more photogenic.
>
>I've seen some ugly cats and some very pretty dogs. It's all
>in the eye of the beholder.

Even ugly cats can give beautiful pictures, though Punkin did
regularly break the camera - the automatic focus wouldn't work on her.

>> 7) Cats don't jump all over me with muddy paws when I feed them
>> (though they do walk all over me with muddy paws when I'm in bed).
>
>Dogs are more trainable, more eager to please. How many working
>"cats" have you seen? My Golden never jumped up on people unless
>invited to do so.

About half of my cats are working cats: mousers - they have a job to
do and they do it well. The rest of them are loafers.

I finally broke Brandy of jumping on me, but Odin still thinks it's
cool to try to knock me down whenever I go into the containment area.

>> 1) I've never been bitten by a rabid cat, but I have by a rabid dog.
>> None the less, I had to get two large (~60 pound) dogs to control the
>> raccoons and possums that were coming through the cat flap to eat the
>> cats' food. The dogs are expensive and I really don't like them much,
>> but they do what they are here to do.
>
>I agree to the more expensive and as pets they are much more high
>maitenance. You should get to know your dogs. They are amazing
>companions. Most of them will do almost anything to please. I have
>a lot of exposure to working dogs and I am constantly amazed at what
>they can do. I love dogs. To me they are much more companionable
>than cats....but they can also take up a lot more space in your life.

If I didn't have to have them to keep the coons and possums at bay, I
wouldn't. One thing I have learned about living out in the country is
that there are reasons why just about everybody who lives out here has
both cats and dogs: if you have just cats, the coons and possums will
eat their food (and the garden); if you have only dogs, the mice will
eat and spoil theirs. I have two dogs so they can have their own
social structure without too much input on my part. Good thing they
*really* like each other. They don't bark nearly as much as a solo
dog would.

wrote:

>"Ted Davis" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:23:30 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>>
>> 10) Cats are dangerous pets, but are not capable of doing as much
>> serious damage as dogs.
>
>I'm not so sure about that. I never hear about anyone declawing
>a dog :-)
Dogs don't have razor sharp claws, but cats can't break large bones
with their teeth - When Odin does his job of possum control, there is
a sickening crunching sound involved - no cat can do that kind of
damage.

>> 9) Cats are low maintenance.
>> 8) Cats are prettier and more photogenic.
>
>I've seen some ugly cats and some very pretty dogs. It's all
>in the eye of the beholder.

Even ugly cats can give beautiful pictures, though Punkin did
regularly break the camera - the automatic focus wouldn't work on her.

>> 7) Cats don't jump all over me with muddy paws when I feed them
>> (though they do walk all over me with muddy paws when I'm in bed).
>
>Dogs are more trainable, more eager to please. How many working
>"cats" have you seen? My Golden never jumped up on people unless
>invited to do so.

About half of my cats are working cats: mousers - they have a job to
do and they do it well. The rest of them are loafers.

I finally broke Brandy of jumping on me, but Odin still thinks it's
cool to try to knock me down whenever I go into the containment area.

>> 1) I've never been bitten by a rabid cat, but I have by a rabid dog.
>> None the less, I had to get two large (~60 pound) dogs to control the
>> raccoons and possums that were coming through the cat flap to eat the
>> cats' food. The dogs are expensive and I really don't like them much,
>> but they do what they are here to do.
>
>I agree to the more expensive and as pets they are much more high
>maitenance. You should get to know your dogs. They are amazing
>companions. Most of them will do almost anything to please. I have
>a lot of exposure to working dogs and I am constantly amazed at what
>they can do. I love dogs. To me they are much more companionable
>than cats....but they can also take up a lot more space in your life.

If I didn't have to have them to keep the coons and possums at bay, I
wouldn't. One thing I have learned about living out in the country is
that there are reasons why just about everybody who lives out here has
both cats and dogs: if you have just cats, the coons and possums will
eat their food (and the garden); if you have only dogs, the mice will
eat and spoil theirs. I have two dogs so they can have their own
social structure without too much input on my part. Good thing they
*really* like each other. They don't bark nearly as much as a solo
dog would.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Charlene Mann
February 2nd 04, 07:04 AM
Ablang wrote:
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

<snip>

Because all the cats in my life have in one way or another chosen /me/
as well. Because on returning from a near-death food-poisoning
experience (most likely due to contaminated mayo on the fast-food
burger) I "came to" on the mattress to find my hostess' Maine Coon cat
Krittur (I was visiting friends and miles from home when that pizen hit
me brain) cuddled up /directly on my Heart chakra/, purring to beat the
band. (The experience was as of being "called back" to my body by the
cat. Go Figure.)

Because my first conscious experience of direct mind-to-mind contact,
yars later, was with Issa, another cat. (This quite unexpected event
was not at all unlike the Tai Chi "Pushing Hands" exercise; Go Figure
Again.) Because when I meditate Theravadan-style, the cat provides
simple, reliable feedback. (Got a correctly stilled mind a-going? Cat
stays in the lap. Sudden distractive perturbation "vibe" in the
s'posed-ta-bee steadied and meditating mind? Middy-Boo delivers a
strong, non-physical "Ping" {more like a "WHOMP!", really} to the Heart
Chakra, _then_ stirs and leaps away.) (Still figuring, Friend?)

Because a dog cannot function nearly as well (read, "at all") as the
Chief Rodent Control Officer in either of the two large downtown
commercial buildings I maintain, and are in fact held in general
disfavor by most owners of such structures as these due to their
unacceptable excretory behavior patterns when kept indoors, all
vermin-huntng skills notwithstanding. Because the cat often works
smarter (not harder) than either of the two other (semi-marginal by
nature and inclination) members of my current maintenance/security
"crew". (Anecdotal evidence suppressed to avoid any appearance of /ad
hominum/ denigration of the goodly cat-loving hoomuns involved, both of
whom I must needs interface daily with in order to live well.)

Because as one poster (he manifestly being most strong indeed and most
generally wise besides, methinks) sig'd using another more clever
wording, when both cats and dogs are well-treated, the dogs invariably
concludes that the hoomuns must be gods - and the cats inevitably
realize /their own/ eternally Divine nature instead of going all abject
and servile, as does a "god spell'd back'ards" every time.

Because I am a Spiritual Egyptian as well as genetically
Iroquois/Cherokee - and woe betide any minion of Rome who commits the
Eror of Bubastis in MY Holy Temple of Industry! (At least one Roman
soldier, new to ancient {albeit then-modern} Egypt, is reputedly on
record as having been formally tried and executed under the then-current
Egyptian criminal code after having accidentally or gratuitously
{accounts vary} somehow slain a cat in that City Most Holye to the
Spiritual Catness and Cattitude in All Things.)

Because I enjoy an Inner heritage (aka karma) that includes Dragon,
Goat, Snake, and Cat in its constitution. (All are "Good Medicine" in
their own way, each according to their nature.) Of the four, the Cat is
both the most affectionate and, for YT at least, both the most practical
and the easiest by far to keep.

Enjoy the thoughts. Namasté! Now I say no more. (Purrr...)

--
Cordially,

Rev. Pastor Charlene Mann, ULC
(who has already started one smart church and prevented or stopped
several stupid fights)
and Middy-Boo too
(Who LOVES the *.cats NGs, keeps returning to alt.lucky.w, and dreams of
the day He gains Opposable Thumbs.)

"Meow meow Fluffy owns Usenet Middy-Boo grants all access and C-80
collects the access fees meow meow! purrr..."

(<Grin.>)

Charlene Mann
February 2nd 04, 07:04 AM
Ablang wrote:
> [...]

Because I enjoy an Inner heritage (aka karma) that includes Dragon,
Goat, Snake, and Cat in its constitution. (All are "Good Medicine" in
their own way, each according to their nature.) Of the four, the Cat is
both the most affectionate and, for YT at least, both the most practical
and the easiest by far to keep.

Enjoy the thoughts. Namasté! Now I say no more. (Purrr...)

--
Cordially,

Rev. Pastor Charlene Mann, ULC
(who has already started one smart church and prevented or stopped
several stupid fights)
and Middy-Boo too
(Who LOVES the *.cats NGs, keeps returning to alt.lucky.w, and dreams of
the day He gains Opposable Thumbs.)

"Meow meow Fluffy owns Usenet Middy-Boo grants all access and C-80
collects the access fees meow meow! purrr..."

KiaSidhe
February 2nd 04, 05:21 PM
dunno. just don't like dogs.

i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart) and
our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
docking bay.
she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she smelled
spilled catfood.

then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked at.
and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.

he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.

now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)

----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
>
> --
> "Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
> Unknown
>
> View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting
for
> it):

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=28&month=09&year
> =2005&hour=00&m
>
> The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

DevilsPGD
February 2nd 04, 06:43 PM
In message >> Bob Brenchley.
> did ramble:

>>You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>
>What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
>treated like dogs.

Why not? If they don't fight the leash/harness, why not do it?

DevilsPGD
February 2nd 04, 06:43 PM
In message >> Bob Brenchley.
> did ramble:

>>You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>
>What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
>treated like dogs.

Why not? If they don't fight the leash/harness, why not do it?

M.C. Mullen
February 2nd 04, 07:22 PM
"KiaSidhe" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]
| dunno. just don't like dogs.
|
| i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart) and
| our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
| docking bay.
| she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she
smelled
| spilled catfood.
|
| then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked at.
| and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.
|
| he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.
|
| now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)
|
| ----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)

Thanks so much for taking her in! Hope you'll be rewarded for that by
skittles and her friends!

Carola

M.C. Mullen
February 2nd 04, 07:22 PM
"KiaSidhe" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]
| dunno. just don't like dogs.
|
| i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart) and
| our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
| docking bay.
| she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she
smelled
| spilled catfood.
|
| then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked at.
| and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.
|
| he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.
|
| now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)
|
| ----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)

Thanks so much for taking her in! Hope you'll be rewarded for that by
skittles and her friends!

Carola

Bob Brenchley.
February 2nd 04, 07:27 PM
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:43:15 GMT, DevilsPGD
> wrote:

>In message >> Bob Brenchley.
> did ramble:
>
>>>You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>>
>>What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
>>treated like dogs.
>
>Why not? If they don't fight the leash/harness, why not do it?

Because they are CATS!

Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
Perish the thought.

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.

Bob Brenchley.
February 2nd 04, 07:27 PM
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:43:15 GMT, DevilsPGD
> wrote:

>In message >> Bob Brenchley.
> did ramble:
>
>>>You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>>
>>What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
>>treated like dogs.
>
>Why not? If they don't fight the leash/harness, why not do it?

Because they are CATS!

Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
Perish the thought.

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.

Cat Protector
February 2nd 04, 11:32 PM
Yes, they can be walked on a leash and harness. I have one for Isis. She can
explore the outside and I have peace of mind knowing she is safe because her
harness is a retractable one. She also got used to the harness and leash at
an early age.

"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> > wrote:
>
> >You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>
> What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
> treated like dogs.
>
> --
> Bob.
>
> Cats-V-Dogs
>
> A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
> They must be Gods!
> A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
> must be a God!

Cat Protector
February 2nd 04, 11:32 PM
Yes, they can be walked on a leash and harness. I have one for Isis. She can
explore the outside and I have peace of mind knowing she is safe because her
harness is a retractable one. She also got used to the harness and leash at
an early age.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> > wrote:
>
> >You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>
> What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
> treated like dogs.
>
> --
> Bob.
>
> Cats-V-Dogs
>
> A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
> They must be Gods!
> A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
> must be a God!

Cat Protector
February 2nd 04, 11:33 PM
People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
is ok.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
> Because they are CATS!
>
> Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
> Perish the thought.
>
> --
> Bob.
>
> Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
> look like the dog did it.

Cat Protector
February 2nd 04, 11:33 PM
People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
is ok.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
> Because they are CATS!
>
> Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
> Perish the thought.
>
> --
> Bob.
>
> Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
> look like the dog did it.

Susan
February 3rd 04, 12:24 AM
Didn't - have 2 labradors and 2 cats and love them all equally.
Incidentally, Morris the Cat thinks he's a labrador. He came to us as a
very gentle, trusting 4 month old who must have had a pretty good life
before the shelter because he had NO fears and no bad habits. Morris hangs
with the dogs, eats with them out of their dishes even, washes their faces,
goes for walks with us in the woods behind our home and stays right along
with us all the way. Lightning, the new guy cat is being trained by Morris
on how to act like a dog. Max and Cally, the labs, were very wary of this
weird cat who liked them so much. But now they all love and respect each
other (a few claws in the nose helps in the respect department). Cats are
just so darned entertaining!!

Susan
February 3rd 04, 12:24 AM
Didn't - have 2 labradors and 2 cats and love them all equally.
Incidentally, Morris the Cat thinks he's a labrador. He came to us as a
very gentle, trusting 4 month old who must have had a pretty good life
before the shelter because he had NO fears and no bad habits. Morris hangs
with the dogs, eats with them out of their dishes even, washes their faces,
goes for walks with us in the woods behind our home and stays right along
with us all the way. Lightning, the new guy cat is being trained by Morris
on how to act like a dog. Max and Cally, the labs, were very wary of this
weird cat who liked them so much. But now they all love and respect each
other (a few claws in the nose helps in the respect department). Cats are
just so darned entertaining!!

Bob Brenchley.
February 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:33:07 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
>> Because they are CATS!
>>
>> Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
>> Perish the thought.
>>
>> --
>> Bob.
>>
>> Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
>> look like the dog did it.

Moronic posting style corrected. You have not been charged for this
service but I reserve the right to charge in the future if you make
the same mistake again.

>People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
>is ok.

Not for the cat it isn't.

--
Bob.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why you appear bright until
we hear you talk.

Bob Brenchley.
February 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:33:07 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> wrote:

>"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
>> Because they are CATS!
>>
>> Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
>> Perish the thought.
>>
>> --
>> Bob.
>>
>> Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
>> look like the dog did it.

Moronic posting style corrected. You have not been charged for this
service but I reserve the right to charge in the future if you make
the same mistake again.

>People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
>is ok.

Not for the cat it isn't.

--
Bob.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why you appear bright until
we hear you talk.

KiaSidhe
February 3rd 04, 04:22 PM
"Rich" wrote......
> We have FIVE cats.
> BTW, what is a dog?

HAHAHA.... love that. i'm a cat person. my fiancee is a cat person.
but we couldn't afford a cat. then one day, in about 0 degree temps (a few
months ago), behind where we work, there was a kitten fending for it's life
trying to eat scraps. our truck crew (unloads the trucks) were being SO
kind and throwing water at her, and kicking her cause she kept trying to
come in the docking bay because it was warmer.

my fiancee clocked out of work an hour early, rescued her, brought her home,
and now she's the heathen she was always meant to be. :)

plus, wait......don't cats pick YOU? not you picking the cat? :)

--julia

KiaSidhe
February 3rd 04, 04:22 PM
"Rich" wrote......
> We have FIVE cats.
> BTW, what is a dog?

HAHAHA.... love that. i'm a cat person. my fiancee is a cat person.
but we couldn't afford a cat. then one day, in about 0 degree temps (a few
months ago), behind where we work, there was a kitten fending for it's life
trying to eat scraps. our truck crew (unloads the trucks) were being SO
kind and throwing water at her, and kicking her cause she kept trying to
come in the docking bay because it was warmer.

my fiancee clocked out of work an hour early, rescued her, brought her home,
and now she's the heathen she was always meant to be. :)

plus, wait......don't cats pick YOU? not you picking the cat? :)

--julia

Mogie
February 3rd 04, 06:38 PM
M.C. Mullen > wrote in message

> "KiaSidhe" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]
> | dunno. just don't like dogs.
> |
> | i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart)
and
> | our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
> | docking bay.
> | she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she
> smelled
> | spilled catfood.
> |
> | then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked
at.
> | and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.
> |
> | he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.
> |
> | now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)
> |
> | ----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)
>

> Thanks so much for taking her in! Hope you'll be rewarded for that by
> skittles and her friends!
>

> Carola

Thank you for caring and adopting the kitten. She was very lucky to find
such a caring home.

Mogie
February 3rd 04, 06:38 PM
M.C. Mullen > wrote in message

> "KiaSidhe" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]
> | dunno. just don't like dogs.
> |
> | i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart)
and
> | our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
> | docking bay.
> | she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she
> smelled
> | spilled catfood.
> |
> | then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked
at.
> | and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.
> |
> | he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.
> |
> | now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)
> |
> | ----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)
>

> Thanks so much for taking her in! Hope you'll be rewarded for that by
> skittles and her friends!
>

> Carola

Thank you for caring and adopting the kitten. She was very lucky to find
such a caring home.

Double Trouble
February 4th 04, 12:41 PM
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> > wrote:
>
> >You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>
> What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
> treated like dogs.

My cousin has a cat that loves her leash!!!!! She will go get it just to go
out for a walk. I think it is the cat's decision on whether or not it wants
to be put on a leash. As we all know, the feline will do as it pleases, no
matter what we think.

DD and Tigger

> --
> Bob.
>
> Cats-V-Dogs
>
> A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
> They must be Gods!
> A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
> must be a God!

Double Trouble
February 4th 04, 12:41 PM
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> > wrote:
>
> >You can walk them with a leash and harness.
>
> What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
> treated like dogs.

My cousin has a cat that loves her leash!!!!! She will go get it just to go
out for a walk. I think it is the cat's decision on whether or not it wants
to be put on a leash. As we all know, the feline will do as it pleases, no
matter what we think.

DD and Tigger

> --
> Bob.
>
> Cats-V-Dogs
>
> A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
> They must be Gods!
> A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
> me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
> must be a God!

Double Trouble
February 4th 04, 12:43 PM
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
<snip>

I take it this is the troll of this particular newsgroup?
New here and like to know these things. So far he has been of no help.

DD and Tigger

Double Trouble
February 4th 04, 12:43 PM
"Bob Brenchley." > wrote in message
<snip>

I take it this is the troll of this particular newsgroup?
New here and like to know these things. So far he has been of no help.

DD and Tigger

Chris Street
February 4th 04, 05:40 PM
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:33:07 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:

> People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
> is ok.

If you tried it with my cat you probably would lose a finger. Mind you he
chewed through the last lead I had for him anyway.

Chris Street
February 4th 04, 05:40 PM
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:33:07 -0700, Cat Protector wrote:

> People don't listen to Bob Brenchley. Walking a cat on a leash and harness
> is ok.

If you tried it with my cat you probably would lose a finger. Mind you he
chewed through the last lead I had for him anyway.

Chris Street
February 4th 04, 05:42 PM
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:42:26 -0500, equalizer wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 04:26:51 +0100, "Hans Schrøder" >
> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
>>Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid in
>>a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
>>built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
>>don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean it.
>>
>>Hans
>>

> I'll try and remember how stupid cats are the next time my 12 pound
> tiger wakes 180 pound me up at 4 AM and skillfully herds me to the
> cabinet where the food is stored, yet again. Or did you mean that
> **I'm** stupider than a mini-tiger?
>
> eq

LOL. Mine has progressed meyond herding me - he just jumps up and down on
my bladder until I get up and feed the varmint.

I tried not feeding him once and making him wait - I woke up later on to
find a half eaten mallard on the carpet.

Chris Street
February 4th 04, 05:42 PM
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:42:26 -0500, equalizer wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 04:26:51 +0100, "Hans Schrøder" >
> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
>>Dogs are stupid, and so are cats, so why bother? Because cats are stupid in
>>a much more "intelligent" way than dogs. This has to do with the cat's
>>built-in independence. Cats are emotional and caring creatures, and they
>>don't try to be that to please me, as a dog will, but because they mean it.
>>
>>Hans
>>

> I'll try and remember how stupid cats are the next time my 12 pound
> tiger wakes 180 pound me up at 4 AM and skillfully herds me to the
> cabinet where the food is stored, yet again. Or did you mean that
> **I'm** stupider than a mini-tiger?
>
> eq

LOL. Mine has progressed meyond herding me - he just jumps up and down on
my bladder until I get up and feed the varmint.

I tried not feeding him once and making him wait - I woke up later on to
find a half eaten mallard on the carpet.

M.C. Mullen
February 4th 04, 07:31 PM
| Yes! If you are meant to have any animal, they pick you! My Tigger is my
| soul mate. He was a stray, just walked in my house one day like he owned
| the place, and he has been with me ever sinse. We are connected to our
pets
| in ways we will never fully understand. They choose us for reasons we
will
| never know. If it is meant to be, and you are meant to be together, your
| pet finds you!
|
| DD and Tigger

I think the reason why humans like pets is that they are upright and honest,
not false.
Vice versa they choose us for the same reasons.
Now how about people who do not like pets or suffer from phobia?
Maybe they have a problem with true honesty? Just a thought ...

But then I have to admit that I don't like snakes. What sort of character do
they have? Does anybody know?

Carola

M.C. Mullen
February 4th 04, 07:31 PM
| Yes! If you are meant to have any animal, they pick you! My Tigger is my
| soul mate. He was a stray, just walked in my house one day like he owned
| the place, and he has been with me ever sinse. We are connected to our
pets
| in ways we will never fully understand. They choose us for reasons we
will
| never know. If it is meant to be, and you are meant to be together, your
| pet finds you!
|
| DD and Tigger

I think the reason why humans like pets is that they are upright and honest,
not false.
Vice versa they choose us for the same reasons.
Now how about people who do not like pets or suffer from phobia?
Maybe they have a problem with true honesty? Just a thought ...

But then I have to admit that I don't like snakes. What sort of character do
they have? Does anybody know?

Carola

val189
February 4th 04, 10:38 PM
first cat chose me - a stray who followed us home - until then , I was
a 'dog' person, but fell in love with the feline type too -

current cat I adopted bec. I knew his previous 'owner' and felt bad
that he was headed for the shelter....

much easier to have a cat -- dogs are great too, but not if you live
alone. btdt.

val189
February 4th 04, 10:38 PM
first cat chose me - a stray who followed us home - until then , I was
a 'dog' person, but fell in love with the feline type too -

current cat I adopted bec. I knew his previous 'owner' and felt bad
that he was headed for the shelter....

much easier to have a cat -- dogs are great too, but not if you live
alone. btdt.

Adam Helberg
February 8th 04, 01:41 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
> Yes, they can be walked on a leash and harness. I have one for Isis. She can
> explore the outside and I have peace of mind knowing she is safe because her
> harness is a retractable one. She also got used to the harness and leash at
> an early age.

I do the same with Fred, 8 month old kitten. It gives him a chance to go outside with
the safety of indoors.

Adam Helberg
February 8th 04, 01:41 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
> Yes, they can be walked on a leash and harness. I have one for Isis. She can
> explore the outside and I have peace of mind knowing she is safe because her
> harness is a retractable one. She also got used to the harness and leash at
> an early age.

I do the same with Fred, 8 month old kitten. It gives him a chance to go outside with
the safety of indoors.

Just Me
February 8th 04, 03:54 PM
> plus, wait......don't cats pick YOU? not you picking the cat? :)
>
> --julia

Our second cat definitely picked us. We went to a local rescue (run out of a
lady's home). She showed us all the cats she had and I sat down on the floor
to interact with them. Tabitha came and sniffed me, rubbed around me then
climbed into my bag and looked at me as if to say "I'm ready to come home
now". She isn't the brightest of animals but she is very loving and
affectionate.

Jane

Just Me
February 8th 04, 03:54 PM
> plus, wait......don't cats pick YOU? not you picking the cat? :)
>
> --julia

Our second cat definitely picked us. We went to a local rescue (run out of a
lady's home). She showed us all the cats she had and I sat down on the floor
to interact with them. Tabitha came and sniffed me, rubbed around me then
climbed into my bag and looked at me as if to say "I'm ready to come home
now". She isn't the brightest of animals but she is very loving and
affectionate.

Jane

josh
March 11th 04, 05:27 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for
> them on the Internet.

hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

i found out the host for this web site anubis.ennui.net
i need as many people as possible to email the domain server and
ask them to take off the site from there server ..... please pass this
around

also found out the guys personal information from whois

chang, dr. michael wong
826 schermerhorn
new york, ny 10027
us
212-662-7544

i hope this information is usefull!!!!!!!

josh
March 11th 04, 05:27 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for
> them on the Internet.

hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

i found out the host for this web site anubis.ennui.net
i need as many people as possible to email the domain server and
ask them to take off the site from there server ..... please pass this
around

also found out the guys personal information from whois

chang, dr. michael wong
826 schermerhorn
new york, ny 10027
us
212-662-7544

i hope this information is usefull!!!!!!!

March 11th 04, 08:50 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 05:27:17 GMT, josh > wrote:

>"Cat Protector" > wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for
>> them on the Internet.
>>

>hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
>guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com
>
>i found out the host for this web site anubis.ennui.net
>i need as many people as possible to email the domain server and
>ask them to take off the site from there server ..... please pass this
>around
>
>also found out the guys personal information from whois
>
>chang, dr. michael wong
>826 schermerhorn
>new york, ny 10027
>us
>212-662-7544
>
>i hope this information is usefull!!!!!!!

I've seen this site and it is cruel. The link you gave didn't work,
so maybe it's already been taken offline. One can only hope.

I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I'd like to answer the
topic question for anyone interested.
First of all, I didn't really choose my cat, he chose me. I used to
work in a grocery store and a kitten was found one morning sleeping on
the cat food. He was about 8 weeks old and the people that found him
were just going to open the door and put him outside. I took him and
said I would find a home for him, but after putting him down on the
floor and having him follow me everywhere I went, I decided to adopt
him myself. I come from a family of dog people, so I had never had a
cat and even lived in an apartment that didn't allow them, but I
couldn't resist the little guy. (We moved after the landlord told me
to get rid of the cat) My co-workers that owned cats all pitched in
to get me what I needed to take him home and I named him Freddy after
the store. (Fred Meyer grocers)
It's been over 10 years and Freddy is still with me. He's healthy,
happy, and we love each other to death. He never leaves my sight when
I'm home and cries for me when I'm away at work. He is, indeed, my
child. (I'm 44 and never had children). I'm now a true cat person,
and much prefer them to dogs.
pepsi

March 11th 04, 08:50 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 05:27:17 GMT, josh > wrote:

>"Cat Protector" > wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for
>> them on the Internet.
>>

>hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
>guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com
>
>i found out the host for this web site anubis.ennui.net
>i need as many people as possible to email the domain server and
>ask them to take off the site from there server ..... please pass this
>around
>
>also found out the guys personal information from whois
>
>chang, dr. michael wong
>826 schermerhorn
>new york, ny 10027
>us
>212-662-7544
>
>i hope this information is usefull!!!!!!!

I've seen this site and it is cruel. The link you gave didn't work,
so maybe it's already been taken offline. One can only hope.

I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I'd like to answer the
topic question for anyone interested.
First of all, I didn't really choose my cat, he chose me. I used to
work in a grocery store and a kitten was found one morning sleeping on
the cat food. He was about 8 weeks old and the people that found him
were just going to open the door and put him outside. I took him and
said I would find a home for him, but after putting him down on the
floor and having him follow me everywhere I went, I decided to adopt
him myself. I come from a family of dog people, so I had never had a
cat and even lived in an apartment that didn't allow them, but I
couldn't resist the little guy. (We moved after the landlord told me
to get rid of the cat) My co-workers that owned cats all pitched in
to get me what I needed to take him home and I named him Freddy after
the store. (Fred Meyer grocers)
It's been over 10 years and Freddy is still with me. He's healthy,
happy, and we love each other to death. He never leaves my sight when
I'm home and cries for me when I'm away at work. He is, indeed, my
child. (I'm 44 and never had children). I'm now a true cat person,
and much prefer them to dogs.
pepsi

Ward Cleaver
March 11th 04, 10:23 AM
A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
I love manx cats the most.

Ward Cleaver
March 11th 04, 10:23 AM
A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
I love manx cats the most.

Jacqueline
March 11th 04, 11:16 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:

>I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I'd like to answer the
>topic question for anyone interested.
>First of all, I didn't really choose my cat, he chose me. I used to
>work in a grocery store and a kitten was found one morning sleeping on
>the cat food. He was about 8 weeks old and the people that found him
>were just going to open the door and put him outside. I took him and
>said I would find a home for him, but after putting him down on the
>floor and having him follow me everywhere I went, I decided to adopt
>him myself. I come from a family of dog people, so I had never had a
>cat and even lived in an apartment that didn't allow them, but I
>couldn't resist the little guy. (We moved after the landlord told me
>to get rid of the cat) My co-workers that owned cats all pitched in
>to get me what I needed to take him home and I named him Freddy after
>the store. (Fred Meyer grocers)

Aww! What a lovely story :o)

I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.

Dogs smell.

Jacqueline
March 11th 04, 11:16 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:

>I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I'd like to answer the
>topic question for anyone interested.
>First of all, I didn't really choose my cat, he chose me. I used to
>work in a grocery store and a kitten was found one morning sleeping on
>the cat food. He was about 8 weeks old and the people that found him
>were just going to open the door and put him outside. I took him and
>said I would find a home for him, but after putting him down on the
>floor and having him follow me everywhere I went, I decided to adopt
>him myself. I come from a family of dog people, so I had never had a
>cat and even lived in an apartment that didn't allow them, but I
>couldn't resist the little guy. (We moved after the landlord told me
>to get rid of the cat) My co-workers that owned cats all pitched in
>to get me what I needed to take him home and I named him Freddy after
>the store. (Fred Meyer grocers)

Aww! What a lovely story :o)

I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.

Dogs smell.

kilikini
March 11th 04, 11:24 AM
"Ward Cleaver" > wrote in message

> A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
> don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
> so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
> in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
> got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
> I love manx cats the most.

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

I have two cats and a dog. I'm a bi-pet person. <g> I love my dog because
he can go places with me; to people's houses for BBQ, he can go with me to
the store so that I see his happy face when I return from shopping, he licks
my face when I cry, he sleeps on my feet in bed at night, he's fun to take
for walks on the beach, or to the park (he's an excellent frisbee player),
and I can take him with me when I go camping for the weekend. Not to
mention other added benefits like he's loyal, loving and protective of me.

My cats, OTOH, sleep all day and when they're not sleeping they walk across
my keyboard and stop right in front of the monitor. My cats fight with each
other constantly. They enjoy the *game* of *helping* me make the bed. They
are food fiends; whatever I have to eat they believe is theirs (which really
****es the dog off. LOL. If he can't have any then, by rights, the cats
shouldn't either). They love to crawl into my dresser if I advertently
leave a drawer open, and then they dig out all of my clothes while they make
a nest (and tear holes in my clothes in the process).

Wow, to hear me you'd think that I think cats are a PITA! In actuality,
cats are quirky, but they make you laugh. Their purr is so soothing and
they are a nice warm comfort to sleep next to - dog on left, cat on right.

kilikini

kilikini
March 11th 04, 11:24 AM
"Ward Cleaver" > wrote in message

> A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
> don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
> so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
> in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
> got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
> I love manx cats the most.

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

[...]

March 11th 04, 11:27 AM
"Jacqueline" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:

(snip)

> I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
> independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
> their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
> soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>
> Dogs smell.

Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
kilikini

kilikini
March 11th 04, 11:27 AM
"Jacqueline" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:

(snip)

> I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
> independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
> their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
> soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>
> Dogs smell.

Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
kilikini

Jacqueline
March 11th 04, 11:50 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:27:26 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>"Jacqueline" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:
>>

>(snip)
>

>> I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>> independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>> their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>> soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>>
>> Dogs smell.
>>

>Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
>kilikini

Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
that kinda warm musty sour smell. And they have horrible breath when
they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even
cute fluffy ones like Pomeranians have bony little legs. 'Fraid I'm
not really a dog person. Although I do think some breeds are very
beautiful (eg Alsations). But small dogs just irritate me, lil yappy
things. Yap yap bounce bounce yap yap.

This area has tons of dogs, all my neighbours on either side have
dogs, there are Westies, whippets, a mongrel and a Highland terrier.
Not only that but there's a big grassy area beside my house and people
bring their dogs there to poop - and don't *ever* pick it up! At least
cats bury theirs ;o) It's a bloody health hazard, not least because
children play there. The council put up signs saying owners are liable
for fines but they never enforce it. Not the dogs' fault, the owners
are just incredibly irresponsible. If you say anything to them they
just shrug and walk off. Bah. But anyway, they still smell :-p

Jacqueline
March 11th 04, 11:50 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:27:26 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>"Jacqueline" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:
>>

>(snip)
>

>> I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>> independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>> their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>> soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>>
>> Dogs smell.
>>

>Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
>kilikini

Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
that kinda warm musty sour smell. And they have horrible breath when
they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even
cute fluffy ones like Pomeranians have bony little legs. 'Fraid I'm
not really a dog person. Although I do think some breeds are very
beautiful (eg Alsations). But small dogs just irritate me, lil yappy
things. Yap yap bounce bounce yap yap.

This area has tons of dogs, all my neighbours on either side have
dogs, there are Westies, whippets, a mongrel and a Highland terrier.
Not only that but there's a big grassy area beside my house and people
bring their dogs there to poop - and don't *ever* pick it up! At least
cats bury theirs ;o) It's a bloody health hazard, not least because
children play there. The council put up signs saying owners are liable
for fines but they never enforce it. Not the dogs' fault, the owners
are just incredibly irresponsible. If you say anything to them they
just shrug and walk off. Bah. But anyway, they still smell :-p

~*Connie*~
March 11th 04, 11:59 AM
> I have two cats and a dog. I'm a bi-pet person. <g> I love my dog
because
> he can go places with me; to people's houses for BBQ, he can go with me to
> the store

cats, if started young enough, do travel well.
my Jack used to go everywhere with me.

~*Connie*~
March 11th 04, 11:59 AM
> I have two cats and a dog. I'm a bi-pet person. <g> I love my dog
because
> he can go places with me; to people's houses for BBQ, he can go with me to
> the store

cats, if started young enough, do travel well.
my Jack used to go everywhere with me.

David Stevenson
March 11th 04, 05:55 PM
josh wrote
>hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
>guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

Oh, not again.

It's a joke, in extremely poor taste no doubt, and you are the 536th
person to take it seriously.

Can I ask how this comes under a thread 'Why did you pick a cat over a
dog?'?

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome

David Stevenson
March 11th 04, 05:55 PM
josh wrote
>hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
>guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

Oh, not again.

It's a joke, in extremely poor taste no doubt, and you are the 536th
person to take it seriously.

Can I ask how this comes under a thread 'Why did you pick a cat over a
dog?'?

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI Bp+W B 10 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P B+ PA+ PL+ SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 1 Y++ L-- W- C+

M.C. Mullen
March 11th 04, 05:56 PM

| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
|
| Dogs smell.

My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.
Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
going for a walk.
Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
day or two without them.
But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
breakfast
:-D
Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
My vote: dogs AND cats!!
(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)

Carola

M.C. Mullen
March 11th 04, 05:56 PM

| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
|
| Dogs smell.

My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.
Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
going for a walk.
Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
day or two without them.
But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
breakfast
:-D
Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
My vote: dogs AND cats!!
(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)

Carola

March 11th 04, 06:00 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:27:26 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>

>>"Jacqueline" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:
>>>

>>(snip)
>>

>>> I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>>> independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>>> their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>>> soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>>>
>>> Dogs smell.
>>>

>>Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
>>kilikini
>
>Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
>I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
>that kinda warm musty sour smell.

I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.

>And they have horrible breath when
>they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even

Growing up with dogs, I thought they were the perfect pet. Since I
became a cat owner, my tolerance for dogs has all but left me. I
visit my sister's house (she has two large dogs) and her dogs are
attention starved, slobbering beasts. I need a shower and a change of
clothes when I leave her house.
pepsi

March 11th 04, 06:00 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:27:26 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>

>>"Jacqueline" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:50:50 GMT, wrote:
>>>

>>(snip)
>>

>>> I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>>> independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>>> their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>>> soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>>>
>>> Dogs smell.
>>>

>>Dogs don't smell! Ever hear of doggy shampoo??????
>>kilikini
>
>Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
>I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
>that kinda warm musty sour smell.

I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.

>And they have horrible breath when
>they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even

Growing up with dogs, I thought they were the perfect pet. Since I
became a cat owner, my tolerance for dogs has all but left me. I
visit my sister's house (she has two large dogs) and her dogs are
attention starved, slobbering beasts. I need a shower and a change of
clothes when I leave her house.
pepsi

Jacqueline
March 11th 04, 07:37 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:00:08 GMT, wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:
>>Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
>>I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
>>that kinda warm musty sour smell.
>
>I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
>too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.

Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
here very long when one of them has just done its business!

The cats themselves don't smell, I can pick up a cat and give it a
good sniff and it doesn't really smell of much. Dogs just seem to
permeate smells, and damp dogs are the worst smell in the world!
Puppies and kittens are a different matter though - I could sniff them
til the cows come home, that lovely buttery sweet smell, mmmm. But
enough of my fantasies :-p

>>And they have horrible breath when
>>they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even
>
>Growing up with dogs, I thought they were the perfect pet. Since I
>became a cat owner, my tolerance for dogs has all but left me. I
>visit my sister's house (she has two large dogs) and her dogs are
>attention starved, slobbering beasts. I need a shower and a change of
>clothes when I leave her house.
>pepsi

Heheh. My aunt had a jack russell that was incredibly excitable. It
was perfectly house trained but when it saw you it did a little
'dribble'. In some cases a large dribble. I needed a shower after that
one!

Jacqueline
March 11th 04, 07:37 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:00:08 GMT, wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:
>>Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
>>I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
>>that kinda warm musty sour smell.
>
>I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
>too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.

Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
here very long when one of them has just done its business!

The cats themselves don't smell, I can pick up a cat and give it a
good sniff and it doesn't really smell of much. Dogs just seem to
permeate smells, and damp dogs are the worst smell in the world!
Puppies and kittens are a different matter though - I could sniff them
til the cows come home, that lovely buttery sweet smell, mmmm. But
enough of my fantasies :-p

>>And they have horrible breath when
>>they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even
>
>Growing up with dogs, I thought they were the perfect pet. Since I
>became a cat owner, my tolerance for dogs has all but left me. I
>visit my sister's house (she has two large dogs) and her dogs are
>attention starved, slobbering beasts. I need a shower and a change of
>clothes when I leave her house.
>pepsi

Heheh. My aunt had a jack russell that was incredibly excitable. It
was perfectly house trained but when it saw you it did a little
'dribble'. In some cases a large dribble. I needed a shower after that
one!

March 11th 04, 09:44 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:37:58 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:00:08 GMT, wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:
>>>Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
>>>I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
>>>that kinda warm musty sour smell.
>>
>>I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
>>too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.
>
>Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
>tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
>never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
>low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
>it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
>here very long when one of them has just done its business!

The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
pepsi

March 11th 04, 09:44 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:37:58 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:00:08 GMT, wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:
>>>Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
>>>I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
>>>that kinda warm musty sour smell.
>>
>>I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
>>too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.
>
>Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
>tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
>never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
>low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
>it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
>here very long when one of them has just done its business!

The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
pepsi

Jacqueline
March 12th 04, 09:56 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:44:37 GMT, wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:37:58 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:
>>Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
>>tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
>>never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
>>low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
>>it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
>>here very long when one of them has just done its business!
>
>The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
>see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
>either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
>apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
>litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
>When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
>from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
>can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
>I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
>saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
>pepsi

Hehe! My house doesn't smell of cats, of that I'm sure. I've had
people in who've been surprised when they learn I have 3 cats because
they can't smell 'em. Thank goodness. Not to say my house doesn't
smell of other things, but it doesn't smell of that pungent cat ****
smell. Anyway, I just meant in general. You can't smell cats in
people's houses unless there's manky litter trays lying around. And
the cats themselves don't smell when you sniff em. Well, one of mine
does because she goes sometimes out to the garden to poo and then
rolls in it. But that's a different story...

Jacqueline
March 12th 04, 09:56 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:44:37 GMT, wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:37:58 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:
>>Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
>>tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
>>never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
>>low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
>>it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
>>here very long when one of them has just done its business!
>
>The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
>see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
>either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
>apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
>litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
>When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
>from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
>can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
>I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
>saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
>pepsi

Hehe! My house doesn't smell of cats, of that I'm sure. I've had
people in who've been surprised when they learn I have 3 cats because
they can't smell 'em. Thank goodness. Not to say my house doesn't
smell of other things, but it doesn't smell of that pungent cat ****
smell. Anyway, I just meant in general. You can't smell cats in
people's houses unless there's manky litter trays lying around. And
the cats themselves don't smell when you sniff em. Well, one of mine
does because she goes sometimes out to the garden to poo and then
rolls in it. But that's a different story...

Jacqueline
March 12th 04, 09:59 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:56:54 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
> wrote:

>| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>|
>| Dogs smell.
>
>My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
>Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.

True,

>Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
>going for a walk.

Oh yes, good point.

>Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
>day or two without them.

:O I never leave my cats overnight, but I appreciate they can be left.

>But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
>morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
>my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
>go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
>breakfast
>:-D

:-D

>Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
>My vote: dogs AND cats!!
>(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)

lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!

Jacqueline
March 12th 04, 09:59 AM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:56:54 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
> wrote:

>| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>|
>| Dogs smell.
>
>My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
>Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.

True,

>Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
>going for a walk.

Oh yes, good point.

>Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
>day or two without them.

:O I never leave my cats overnight, but I appreciate they can be left.

>But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
>morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
>my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
>go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
>breakfast
>:-D

:-D

>Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
>My vote: dogs AND cats!!
>(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)

lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!

March 12th 04, 05:08 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:56:54 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
> wrote:

>| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>|
>| Dogs smell.
>
>My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
>Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.
>Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
>going for a walk.
>Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
>day or two without them.
>But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
>morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
>my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
>go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
>breakfast
>:-D
>Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
>My vote: dogs AND cats!!
>(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)
>

>Carola

If you love them all, you have the best of both worlds.
pepsi

March 12th 04, 05:08 PM
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:56:54 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
> wrote:

>| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
>| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
>| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
>| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
>|
>| Dogs smell.
>
>My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
>Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.
>Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
>going for a walk.
>Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
>day or two without them.
>But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
>morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
>my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
>go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
>breakfast
>:-D
>Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
>My vote: dogs AND cats!!
>(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)
>

>Carola

If you love them all, you have the best of both worlds.
pepsi

March 12th 04, 05:13 PM
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:56:47 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:

>>The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
>>see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
>>either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
>>apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
>>litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
>>When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
>>from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
>>can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
>>I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
>>saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
>>pepsi
>
>Hehe! My house doesn't smell of cats, of that I'm sure. I've had
>people in who've been surprised when they learn I have 3 cats because
>they can't smell 'em. Thank goodness. Not to say my house doesn't
>smell of other things, but it doesn't smell of that pungent cat ****
>smell. Anyway, I just meant in general. You can't smell cats in
>people's houses unless there's manky litter trays lying around. And
>the cats themselves don't smell when you sniff em. Well, one of mine
>does because she goes sometimes out to the garden to poo and then
>rolls in it. But that's a different story...

I once had a friend that had no sense of smell. She had three 100
gallon fish tanks, a dog and a cat. All things considering, her house
didn't smell too bad, but it did have a cat smell. However, when she
got new carpets, the guy that came to install them almost passed out
when he lifted the old carpet. I guess her cat had been urinating
there for years and no one knew.
pepsi

March 12th 04, 05:13 PM
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:56:47 +0000, Jacqueline
> wrote:

>>The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
>>see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
>>either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
>>apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
>>litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
>>When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
>>from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
>>can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
>>I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
>>saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
>>pepsi
>
>Hehe! My house doesn't smell of cats, of that I'm sure. I've had
>people in who've been surprised when they learn I have 3 cats because
>they can't smell 'em. Thank goodness. Not to say my house doesn't
>smell of other things, but it doesn't smell of that pungent cat ****
>smell. Anyway, I just meant in general. You can't smell cats in
>people's houses unless there's manky litter trays lying around. And
>the cats themselves don't smell when you sniff em. Well, one of mine
>does because she goes sometimes out to the garden to poo and then
>rolls in it. But that's a different story...

I once had a friend that had no sense of smell. She had three 100
gallon fish tanks, a dog and a cat. All things considering, her house
didn't smell too bad, but it did have a cat smell. However, when she
got new carpets, the guy that came to install them almost passed out
when he lifted the old carpet. I guess her cat had been urinating
there for years and no one knew.
pepsi

kilikini
March 13th 04, 07:18 PM
> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:56:47 +0000, Jacqueline
> > wrote:

(snip)

> I once had a friend that had no sense of smell. She had three 100
> gallon fish tanks, a dog and a cat. All things considering, her house
> didn't smell too bad, but it did have a cat smell. However, when she
> got new carpets, the guy that came to install them almost passed out
> when he lifted the old carpet. I guess her cat had been urinating
> there for years and no one knew.
> pepsi

Oh my god, that must have been awful! ROFL. I don't know whether to laugh
or pity the carpet guy!
kili

kilikini
March 13th 04, 07:18 PM
> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:56:47 +0000, Jacqueline
> > wrote:

(snip)

> I once had a friend that had no sense of smell. She had three 100
> gallon fish tanks, a dog and a cat. All things considering, her house
> didn't smell too bad, but it did have a cat smell. However, when she
> got new carpets, the guy that came to install them almost passed out
> when he lifted the old carpet. I guess her cat had been urinating
> there for years and no one knew.
> pepsi

Oh my god, that must have been awful! ROFL. I don't know whether to laugh
or pity the carpet guy!
kili

Mich Somday
March 15th 04, 02:45 AM
Jacqueline > wrote in message:

> lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!

I've had goats and, believe me, you might want to re-think that wish!
LOL!!! I had two pygmy goats-a nanny and a billy. I adored Natashia,
but Boris S.T.U.N.K.!!!

Billy goat stink is one of the worst animal smells possible. Not only
did he smell horrible, but he wouldn't stop climbing on our cars. I
think he fancied himself a mountain goat.

They did have three wonderful little babies, though, who would crawl
all over me when I went out and sat on the ground with them. I was
there when Tasha gave birth to them and even had to help her with the
second one. (Goat midwife, ya know...) A friend of mine who already
had a gerd of hoats wanted the entire batch, so I handed them over and
she still loves them.

The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
though..... ;)

Mich

Mich Somday
March 15th 04, 02:45 AM
Jacqueline > wrote in message:

> lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!

I've had goats and, believe me, you might want to re-think that wish!
LOL!!! I had two pygmy goats-a nanny and a billy. I adored Natashia,
but Boris S.T.U.N.K.!!!

Billy goat stink is one of the worst animal smells possible. Not only
did he smell horrible, but he wouldn't stop climbing on our cars. I
think he fancied himself a mountain goat.

They did have three wonderful little babies, though, who would crawl
all over me when I went out and sat on the ground with them. I was
there when Tasha gave birth to them and even had to help her with the
second one. (Goat midwife, ya know...) A friend of mine who already
had a gerd of hoats wanted the entire batch, so I handed them over and
she still loves them.

The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
though..... ;)

Mich

Jacqueline
March 15th 04, 10:04 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 18:45:09 -0800, (Mich Somday)
wrote:

>Jacqueline > wrote in message:
>>
>> lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!
>

>I've had goats and, believe me, you might want to re-think that wish!
>LOL!!! I had two pygmy goats-a nanny and a billy. I adored Natashia,
>but Boris S.T.U.N.K.!!!
>
>Billy goat stink is one of the worst animal smells possible. Not only
>did he smell horrible, but he wouldn't stop climbing on our cars. I
>think he fancied himself a mountain goat.

ROTF! Sounds like fun! I really want them now :-p

>They did have three wonderful little babies, though, who would crawl
>all over me when I went out and sat on the ground with them. I was
>there when Tasha gave birth to them and even had to help her with the
>second one. (Goat midwife, ya know...) A friend of mine who already
>had a gerd of hoats wanted the entire batch, so I handed them over and
>she still loves them.
>
>The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
>with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
>though..... ;)

Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
that woman Prime Minister!

wrote:

>Jacqueline > wrote in message:
>>
>> lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!
>

>I've had goats and, believe me, you might want to re-think that wish!
>LOL!!! I had two pygmy goats-a nanny and a billy. I adored Natashia,
>but Boris S.T.U.N.K.!!!
>
>Billy goat stink is one of the worst animal smells possible. Not only
>did he smell horrible, but he wouldn't stop climbing on our cars. I
>think he fancied himself a mountain goat.

ROTF! Sounds like fun! I really want them now :-p

>They did have three wonderful little babies, though, who would crawl
>all over me when I went out and sat on the ground with them. I was
>there when Tasha gave birth to them and even had to help her with the
>second one. (Goat midwife, ya know...) A friend of mine who already
>had a gerd of hoats wanted the entire batch, so I handed them over and
>she still loves them.
>
>The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
>with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
>though..... ;)

Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
that woman Prime Minister!

M.C. Mullen
March 15th 04, 02:18 PM
| >The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
| >with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
| >though..... ;)
|
| Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
| about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
| states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
| small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
| that woman Prime Minister!

Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
now. Anybody with personal experience around?

Carola

M.C. Mullen
March 15th 04, 02:18 PM
| >The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
| >with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
| >though..... ;)
|
| Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
| about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
| states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
| small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
| that woman Prime Minister!

Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
now. Anybody with personal experience around?

Carola

March 16th 04, 02:18 PM
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:18:17 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
> wrote:

>| >The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
>| >with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
>| >though..... ;)
>|
>| Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
>| about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
>| states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
>| small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
>| that woman Prime Minister!
>
>Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
>now. Anybody with personal experience around?
>
>Carola

I've heard they are not as friendly as they are cute. In other words,
they are mean. Probably not a good pet.
pepsi

March 16th 04, 02:18 PM
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:18:17 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
> wrote:

>| >The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
>| >with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
>| >though..... ;)
>|
>| Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
>| about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
>| states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
>| small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
>| that woman Prime Minister!
>
>Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
>now. Anybody with personal experience around?
>
>Carola

I've heard they are not as friendly as they are cute. In other words,
they are mean. Probably not a good pet.
pepsi

Flippy
March 16th 04, 10:08 PM
"M.C. Mullen" wrote ...
> Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
> now. Anybody with personal experience around?
>
> Carola

Actually, the Koala is not a bear at all. Check these links for info:
http://www.npws.nsw.gov.au/wildlife/factsheets/koala.html
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/DeerParkES/Dreamweaver/Australia/environment/koala.html
http://www.koalaexpress.com.au/facts1.htm
http://home.mira.net/~areadman/koala.htm
http://www.doaustralia.com/Fauna/Koala.htm
http://www.arazpa.org.au/Education_FactSheets_Koala.htm
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/marsupial/Koalaprintout.shtml

It is a common mistake that non-Aussies make, even in documentaries.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

---

Flippy
March 16th 04, 10:08 PM
"M.C. Mullen" wrote ...
> Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
> now. Anybody with personal experience around?
>
> Carola

Actually, the Koala is not a bear at all. Check these links for info:
http://www.npws.nsw.gov.au/wildlife/factsheets/koala.html
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/DeerParkES/Dreamweaver/Australia/environment/koala.html
http://www.koalaexpress.com.au/facts1.htm
http://home.mira.net/~areadman/koala.htm
http://www.doaustralia.com/Fauna/Koala.htm
http://www.arazpa.org.au/Education_FactSheets_Koala.htm
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/marsupial/Koalaprintout.shtml

It is a common mistake that non-Aussies make, even in documentaries.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

---

Cat Protector
March 17th 04, 02:30 AM
Now this is a pleasure. Rarely these days do we see the very elusive Flippy
in the group.

"Flippy" > wrote in message

> Actually, the Koala is not a bear at all. Check these links for info:
> http://www.npws.nsw.gov.au/wildlife/factsheets/koala.html

http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/DeerParkES/Dreamweaver/Australia/environment/koala.html
> http://www.koalaexpress.com.au/facts1.htm
> http://home.mira.net/~areadman/koala.htm
> http://www.doaustralia.com/Fauna/Koala.htm
> http://www.arazpa.org.au/Education_FactSheets_Koala.htm

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/marsupial/Koalaprintout.shtml

> It is a common mistake that non-Aussies make, even in documentaries.
>
> Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
> My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com
>

> ---

Mich Somday
March 17th 04, 04:31 AM
Jacqueline > wrote in message :

> Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
> about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
> states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
> small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
> that woman Prime Minister!

I've seen Joanna Lumley on the T.V. I know that I can never have a
giraffe, living where I live, but it doesn't stop me from wanting one.
You don't have to build fences, you just have to dig ditches! I've
always been fond of backhoes.....

Anyhow, I'm setting my sights a bit smaller now, I suppose. Hubby
says I can get a civet, a fennel fox or a Canadian Lynx. As a cat
fiend, I'm leaning toward the lynx. I have friends who breed them,
etc.......

Jacqueline, honey....beware the billy goat!!!! Not only do they smell
bad, but they tend to hump anything and everything! I have wonderful
video, though, of Boris butting heads with a 3-month old bull calf.
They were playing "King-of-the Hill" with a bale of hay. VERY cute!

Kindest Regards,

Mich

Mich Somday
March 17th 04, 04:31 AM
Jacqueline > wrote in message :

> Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
> about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
> states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
> small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
> that woman Prime Minister!

I've seen Joanna Lumley on the T.V. I know that I can never have a
giraffe, living where I live, but it doesn't stop me from wanting one.
You don't have to build fences, you just have to dig ditches! I've
always been fond of backhoes.....

Anyhow, I'm setting my sights a bit smaller now, I suppose. Hubby
says I can get a civet, a fennel fox or a Canadian Lynx. As a cat
fiend, I'm leaning toward the lynx. I have friends who breed them,
etc.......

Jacqueline, honey....beware the billy goat!!!! Not only do they smell
bad, but they tend to hump anything and everything! I have wonderful
video, though, of Boris butting heads with a 3-month old bull calf.
They were playing "King-of-the Hill" with a bale of hay. VERY cute!

Kindest Regards,

Mich

Not so quick
March 17th 04, 05:31 AM
"Ablang" > wrote in message
> I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?
>
> I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
> like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
> and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat
less
> and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
> attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
> your thoughts on cats vs dogs.
>
> --
> "Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
> Unknown
>
> View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting
for
> it):

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=28&month=09&year
> =2005&hour=00&m
>
> The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

Cats have more personality. You can learn more from cats.
Cats are more graceful and powerful, for their size. Cats are
more devoted to their offspring. Cats can be a challenge. But
I do miss lying on my Boxer's back and squirrels are getting to
me too, even though I've never held one.

Not so quick
March 17th 04, 05:31 AM