PDA

View Full Version : Re: Women and cats

Ted Davis
March 10th 04, 10:39 PM
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> wrote:

>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
>always exceptions.

Probably has something to do with control and domination: dogs require
donination and cat's can't be dominated. Of course there really isn't
all that much truth in that rumor of yours: it's just that there are
more male dominators and control freaks than women, at least in modern
western cultures - elsewhere and elsewhen, it might be different.

T.E.D. )

Ted Davis
March 10th 04, 10:39 PM
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> wrote:

>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
>always exceptions.

Probably has something to do with control and domination: dogs require
donination and cat's can't be dominated. Of course there really isn't
all that much truth in that rumor of yours: it's just that there are
more male dominators and control freaks than women, at least in modern
western cultures - elsewhere and elsewhen, it might be different.

T.E.D. )

ryanm
March 10th 04, 10:40 PM
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.

Women and dogs are both high maintenance (demand attention, have to be
taken "out" regularly, etc), men and cats are both low maintenance (happier
left alone, as long as there's food available, etc). In general, of course.
; )

ryanm

ryanm
March 10th 04, 10:40 PM
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.

Women and dogs are both high maintenance (demand attention, have to be
taken "out" regularly, etc), men and cats are both low maintenance (happier
left alone, as long as there's food available, etc). In general, of course.
; )

ryanm

The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe
March 10th 04, 11:13 PM
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> wrote:

>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
>always exceptions.

What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?

The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe
March 10th 04, 11:13 PM
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> wrote:

>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
>always exceptions.

What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?

kilikini
March 10th 04, 11:17 PM
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
kilikini

kilikini
March 10th 04, 11:17 PM
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
kilikini

kilikini
March 10th 04, 11:22 PM
"The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > wrote:
>
> >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> >always exceptions.
>
> What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?

Not to perpetuate this thread, but look at the cross-posting. What does cat
and dog ownership have to do with nursing or audio either? Your reply
prompted me to look at all the groups. I would call this person a troll.

kilikini

kilikini
March 10th 04, 11:22 PM
"The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > wrote:
>
> >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> >always exceptions.
>
> What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?

Not to perpetuate this thread, but look at the cross-posting. What does cat
and dog ownership have to do with nursing or audio either? Your reply
prompted me to look at all the groups. I would call this person a troll.

kilikini

Norma
March 10th 04, 11:47 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in
message
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > >always exceptions.
> >
> > What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?
> >

> Not to perpetuate this thread, but look at the cross-posting. What does
cat
> and dog ownership have to do with nursing or audio either? Your reply
> prompted me to look at all the groups. I would call this person a troll.

It has to do with "Nursing" because of the therapeutic benefit of pets for
all humans. I would assume that is how it has been directed to that group.
Norma

> kilikini

Norma
March 10th 04, 11:47 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in
message
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > >always exceptions.
> >
> > What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?
> >

> Not to perpetuate this thread, but look at the cross-posting. What does
cat
> and dog ownership have to do with nursing or audio either? Your reply
> prompted me to look at all the groups. I would call this person a troll.

It has to do with "Nursing" because of the therapeutic benefit of pets for
all humans. I would assume that is how it has been directed to that group.
Norma

> kilikini

Cat Protector
March 11th 04, 12:00 AM
You are joking right? Most of the women I meet are dog lovers. I would love
to find a woman who loves cats. Also I do not think of my cats as pets. They
are family to me.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

Cat Protector
March 11th 04, 12:00 AM
You are joking right? Most of the women I meet are dog lovers. I would love
to find a woman who loves cats. Also I do not think of my cats as pets. They
are family to me.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

The Department of Defense
March 11th 04, 12:24 AM
"The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > wrote:
>
> >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> >always exceptions.
>
> What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?

I got a better question.... Why do you care?

The Department of Defense
March 11th 04, 12:24 AM
"The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > wrote:
>
> >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> >always exceptions.
>
> What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?

I got a better question.... Why do you care?

Logan Shaw
March 11th 04, 01:18 AM
kilikini wrote:

> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
>
>>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>>dogs usually make better pets for men?

> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?

You're obviously bisexual. Next question?

- Logan

Logan Shaw
March 11th 04, 01:18 AM
kilikini wrote:

> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
>
>>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>>dogs usually make better pets for men?

> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?

You're obviously bisexual. Next question?

- Logan

Barry
March 11th 04, 01:24 AM
"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> > Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > always exceptions.
> >

> > --
> > Sheena
> >

> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> kilikini

What's an Australian Shepherd? Here in Aus we call Alsatian canines "German
Shepherds" but I've never heard of a breed called Australian Shepherd.

Barry

Barry
March 11th 04, 01:24 AM
"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> > Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > always exceptions.
> >

> > --
> > Sheena
> >

> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> kilikini

What's an Australian Shepherd? Here in Aus we call Alsatian canines "German
Shepherds" but I've never heard of a breed called Australian Shepherd.

Barry

Scott Dorsey
March 11th 04, 01:28 AM
Logan Shaw > wrote:
>kilikini wrote:
>> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>>>dogs usually make better pets for men?
>
>> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
>> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
>
>You're obviously bisexual. Next question?

What about people with birds?
--scott

Scott Dorsey
March 11th 04, 01:28 AM
Logan Shaw > wrote:
>kilikini wrote:
>> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>>>dogs usually make better pets for men?
>
>> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
>> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
>
>You're obviously bisexual. Next question?

What about people with birds?
--scott

RB
March 11th 04, 02:41 AM
"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>
> What about people with birds?
> --scott

Perfect people for cats.

RB

RB
March 11th 04, 02:41 AM
"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>
> What about people with birds?
> --scott

Perfect people for cats.

RB

kilikini
March 11th 04, 03:00 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> > > Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > > dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > > always exceptions.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Sheena
> > >

> > I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> > Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> > kilikini
> >

> What's an Australian Shepherd? Here in Aus we call Alsatian canines
"German
> Shepherds" but I've never heard of a breed called Australian Shepherd.
>
> Barry

I've heard that Australians call Australian Shepherds Border Collies, but
they are two different animals. They're both herding dogs, but Aussie
Shepherds are a little bit bigger and have a little bit more mellow
temperment.

http://www.australianshepherds.org/

This site will give you more info. It's an excellent resource on Aussies.

kilikini

kilikini
March 11th 04, 03:00 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> > > Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > > dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > > always exceptions.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Sheena
> > >

> > I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> > Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> > kilikini
> >

> What's an Australian Shepherd? Here in Aus we call Alsatian canines
"German
> Shepherds" but I've never heard of a breed called Australian Shepherd.
>
> Barry

I've heard that Australians call Australian Shepherds Border Collies, but
they are two different animals. They're both herding dogs, but Aussie
Shepherds are a little bit bigger and have a little bit more mellow
temperment.

http://www.australianshepherds.org/

This site will give you more info. It's an excellent resource on Aussies.

kilikini

Mitchell Benson
March 11th 04, 03:58 AM
Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
>
>>kilikini wrote:

>>>I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
>>>Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
>>
>>You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>

> What about people with birds?
> --scott

OOOOHHH, God you're sick!!

;-}

_________________
Mitchell Benson
OKC Backup
www.okcbackup.com

Mitchell Benson
March 11th 04, 03:58 AM
Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
>
>>kilikini wrote:

>>>I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
>>>Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
>>
>>You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>

> What about people with birds?
> --scott

OOOOHHH, God you're sick!!

;-}

_________________
Mitchell Benson
OKC Backup
www.okcbackup.com

Ben Bradley
March 11th 04, 05:07 AM
In a really odd crossposting involving:
rec.pets.cats.misc,
rec.audio.pro,
soc.culture.jewish,
sci.med.nursing,
Logan Shaw > wrote:

>kilikini wrote:
>
>> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>>>dogs usually make better pets for men?
>
>> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
>> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
>
>You're obviously bisexual.

No, it means he/she is a hermaphrodite.

>Next question?

What microphone would you use for recording this thread?

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

Logan Shaw > wrote:

>kilikini wrote:
>
>> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
>>>dogs usually make better pets for men?
>
>> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
>> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
>
>You're obviously bisexual.

No, it means he/she is a hermaphrodite.

>Next question?

What microphone would you use for recording this thread?

> - Logan

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

ys
March 11th 04, 05:23 AM
First of all, the whole notion of having a *pet* is atrocious at best,
nauseating at worst. But then again some things are preferable to those that
would call their animal friends a *goddess*, a surrogate child, spouse or
worse.

Cats are here to teach man/woman/child how to take time out to groom, play,
nap, nosh and love. How to strategize hunting sprees, how to climb trees,
how to ambush a rival and how to mark your territory.

From a cat you will learn what it is to be serene, centered yet alert
enough, savvy enough to be ready and able to make a mad-dash for an open
door should the need arise.

They will give bonus points to the people that really care about them by
treating them like a precious creature of Hashem and not a glorified piece
of furry furniture.

No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the Creator's
wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to us
before we eat.

Having a cat is no coincidence. It just didn't *happen* by itself. But like
all occurances, situations and relationships - Hashem is the masterful
joiner of soul to soul, spirit to spirit. We are to care for them and
through us, they can and may be elevated spiritually vicariously through
placing them in our hearts. They will be making the journey with us to the
World to Come as a memory residing within our heart centers.

YS

"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

---

ys
March 11th 04, 05:23 AM
First of all, the whole notion of having a *pet* is atrocious at best,
nauseating at worst. But then again some things are preferable to those that
would call their animal friends a *goddess*, a surrogate child, spouse or
worse.

Cats are here to teach man/woman/child how to take time out to groom, play,
nap, nosh and love. How to strategize hunting sprees, how to climb trees,
how to ambush a rival and how to mark your territory.

From a cat you will learn what it is to be serene, centered yet alert
enough, savvy enough to be ready and able to make a mad-dash for an open
door should the need arise.

They will give bonus points to the people that really care about them by
treating them like a precious creature of Hashem and not a glorified piece
of furry furniture.

No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the Creator's
wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to us
before we eat.

Having a cat is no coincidence. It just didn't *happen* by itself. But like
all occurances, situations and relationships - Hashem is the masterful
joiner of soul to soul, spirit to spirit. We are to care for them and
through us, they can and may be elevated spiritually vicariously through
placing them in our hearts. They will be making the journey with us to the
World to Come as a memory residing within our heart centers.

YS

"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

---

ys
March 11th 04, 05:29 AM
All of which are Hashem's creations - RESPECTIVELY!

YS

"Ben Bradley" > wrote in message
> In a really odd crossposting involving:
> rec.pets.cats.misc,
> rec.audio.pro,
> soc.culture.jewish,
> sci.med.nursing,
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
>
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual.
>
> No, it means he/she is a hermaphrodite.
>
> >Next question?
>
> What microphone would you use for recording this thread?
>
> > - Logan
>
> -----
> http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

---

ys
March 11th 04, 05:29 AM
All of which are Hashem's creations - RESPECTIVELY!

YS

"Ben Bradley" > wrote in message
> In a really odd crossposting involving:
> rec.pets.cats.misc,
> rec.audio.pro,
> soc.culture.jewish,
> sci.med.nursing,
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
>
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual.
>
> No, it means he/she is a hermaphrodite.
>
> >Next question?
>
> What microphone would you use for recording this thread?
>
> > - Logan
>
> -----
> http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

---

Bob Cain
March 11th 04, 08:00 AM
ys wrote:

> Cats are here to teach man/woman/child how to take time out to groom, play,
> nap, nosh and love. How to strategize hunting sprees, how to climb trees,
> how to ambush a rival and how to mark your territory.

How to play with your food and torture it to the most
miserable possible end.

> From a cat you will learn what it is to be serene, centered yet alert
> enough, savvy enough to be ready and able to make a mad-dash for an open
> door should the need arise.

And to kill slowly and methodically.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
March 11th 04, 08:00 AM
ys wrote:

> Cats are here to teach man/woman/child how to take time out to groom, play,
> nap, nosh and love. How to strategize hunting sprees, how to climb trees,
> how to ambush a rival and how to mark your territory.

How to play with your food and torture it to the most
miserable possible end.

> From a cat you will learn what it is to be serene, centered yet alert
> enough, savvy enough to be ready and able to make a mad-dash for an open
> door should the need arise.

And to kill slowly and methodically.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Paul Stamler
March 11th 04, 09:40 AM
Scott Dorsey > wrote in message
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>
> What about people with birds?

They shouldn't have cats.

Peace,
Paul

Paul Stamler
March 11th 04, 09:40 AM
Scott Dorsey > wrote in message
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very
active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>
> What about people with birds?

They shouldn't have cats.

Peace,
Paul

Bob Chandler
March 11th 04, 11:38 AM
(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message >...
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>
> What about people with birds?
> --scott

I used to have a pet alligator (well, actually a caiman) who ATE a
cat--Does that count?

bob

Bob Chandler
March 11th 04, 11:38 AM
(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message >...
> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >kilikini wrote:

> >> I don't know, I have both; two domestic shorthaired cats and a very active
> >> Australian Shepherd. What does that say about me?
> >
> >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
>
> What about people with birds?
> --scott

I used to have a pet alligator (well, actually a caiman) who ATE a
cat--Does that count?

bob

Cat Protector
March 11th 04, 07:06 PM
I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay and
neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the Creator's
> wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to us
> before we eat.

Cat Protector
March 11th 04, 07:06 PM
I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay and
neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the Creator's
> wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to us
> before we eat.

ys
March 11th 04, 07:09 PM
No but it might get you into one of the xtian death cult clubs, counting as
extra *brownie points*.

Fool.

YS

"Bob Chandler" > wrote in message
m...
> (Scott Dorsey) wrote in message
> > Logan Shaw > wrote:

> > >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
> >
> > What about people with birds?
> > --scott
>
> I used to have a pet alligator (well, actually a caiman) who ATE a
> cat--Does that count?
>
> bob

---

ys
March 11th 04, 07:09 PM
No but it might get you into one of the xtian death cult clubs, counting as
extra *brownie points*.

Fool.

YS

"Bob Chandler" > wrote in message
m...
> (Scott Dorsey) wrote in message
> > Logan Shaw > wrote:

> > >You're obviously bisexual. Next question?
> >
> > What about people with birds?
> > --scott
>
> I used to have a pet alligator (well, actually a caiman) who ATE a
> cat--Does that count?
>
> bob

---

ys
March 11th 04, 07:18 PM
Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.

If every human being stepped up to the plate and took responsibility as a
humane human, doing our part in caring for these animals - fully, lovingly,
with dedication - keeping them within bounds, within the framework of
Torah - the Blueprint for the Universe, there would be ZERO need to use
violence to control and manipulate nature and its laws.

It is PRECISELY when these laws are violated that all hell breaks loose with
plagues, pestilence and catastrophe.

We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the Creator
in all facets if life.

YS

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
> irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
> that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay and
> neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
> "ys" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>
> > No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the
Creator's
> > wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> > humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to
us
> > before we eat.

---

ys
March 11th 04, 07:18 PM
Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.

If every human being stepped up to the plate and took responsibility as a
humane human, doing our part in caring for these animals - fully, lovingly,
with dedication - keeping them within bounds, within the framework of
Torah - the Blueprint for the Universe, there would be ZERO need to use
violence to control and manipulate nature and its laws.

It is PRECISELY when these laws are violated that all hell breaks loose with
plagues, pestilence and catastrophe.

We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the Creator
in all facets if life.

YS

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
> irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
> that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay and
> neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
> "ys" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>
> > No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the
Creator's
> > wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> > humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to
us
> > before we eat.

---

kilikini
March 11th 04, 07:45 PM
Wait a minute, the Torah says that you can't spay or neuter your pets? Is
this true? Also, in what way is spaying or neutering violent? If a human
female has a hysterectomy, is that against the Torah or violent? I'm not
flaming you or anything, I'm just curious about your views.

Another point I want to make is that not every human being *will* step up to
the plate. Take my roommate for example. He has a dog and has never taken
her to the vet for any shots, heartworm prevention or flea or tick
prevention. The man has 4 children that he never sees. He's a waste of a
human being. I'm all for working on society, but there are just too many
lazy, irresponsible people out in the world to make exceptions. So, most of
us have to take it upon ourselves to neuter or spay our pets. I neutered my
male dog because my roommate refuses to spay his and we live in a small
apartment. Something had to give.

When *everyone* follows the *rules* - we'll talk. But that will probably be
way after our current lifetime.

kilikini

"ys" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.
>
> If every human being stepped up to the plate and took responsibility as a
> humane human, doing our part in caring for these animals - fully,
lovingly,
> with dedication - keeping them within bounds, within the framework of
> Torah - the Blueprint for the Universe, there would be ZERO need to use
> violence to control and manipulate nature and its laws.
>
> It is PRECISELY when these laws are violated that all hell breaks loose
with
> plagues, pestilence and catastrophe.
>
> We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> in all facets if life.
>

> YS
>

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
> > irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
> > that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay
and
> > neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.
> >
> > --
> > Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> > www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >
> > Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> > www.catgalaxymedia.com
> > "ys" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> > > No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the
> Creator's
> > > wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> > > humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to
> us
> > > before we eat.
> > >

> ---

kilikini
March 11th 04, 07:45 PM
Wait a minute, the Torah says that you can't spay or neuter your pets? Is
this true? Also, in what way is spaying or neutering violent? If a human
female has a hysterectomy, is that against the Torah or violent? I'm not
flaming you or anything, I'm just curious about your views.

Another point I want to make is that not every human being *will* step up to
the plate. Take my roommate for example. He has a dog and has never taken
her to the vet for any shots, heartworm prevention or flea or tick
prevention. The man has 4 children that he never sees. He's a waste of a
human being. I'm all for working on society, but there are just too many
lazy, irresponsible people out in the world to make exceptions. So, most of
us have to take it upon ourselves to neuter or spay our pets. I neutered my
male dog because my roommate refuses to spay his and we live in a small
apartment. Something had to give.

When *everyone* follows the *rules* - we'll talk. But that will probably be
way after our current lifetime.

kilikini

"ys" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.
>
> If every human being stepped up to the plate and took responsibility as a
> humane human, doing our part in caring for these animals - fully,
lovingly,
> with dedication - keeping them within bounds, within the framework of
> Torah - the Blueprint for the Universe, there would be ZERO need to use
> violence to control and manipulate nature and its laws.
>
> It is PRECISELY when these laws are violated that all hell breaks loose
with
> plagues, pestilence and catastrophe.
>
> We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> in all facets if life.
>

> YS
>

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
> > irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
> > that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay
and
> > neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.
> >
> > --
> > Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> > www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >
> > Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> > www.catgalaxymedia.com
> > "ys" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> > > No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the
> Creator's
> > > wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> > > humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to
> us
> > > before we eat.
> > >

> ---

cindys
March 11th 04, 08:47 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message

> So, in other words, if you spay or neuter your pet the pet would be
rejected
> by God and would not make it into heaven? Am I understanding the belief
> correctly?
> kilikini
----------
Not exactly. Without getting into detail, we have 613 commandments. The
commandment regarding not spaying/neutering is just one of them. We are
judged on the big picture, the good is weighed against the bad. We are not
judged on just one thing. That having been said, religious Jews easily avoid
transgressing this commandment by adopting animals that have already been
spayed or neutered. That way, we are not adding to the animal overpopulation
problem, we are not transgressing a commandment, and we are hopefully
providing a nice home for an animal who needs one.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 11th 04, 08:47 PM

----------
Not exactly. Without getting into detail, we have 613 commandments. The
commandment regarding not spaying/neutering is just one of them. We are
judged on the big picture, the good is weighed against the bad. We are not
judged on just one thing. That having been said, religious Jews easily avoid
transgressing this commandment by adopting animals that have already been
spayed or neutered. That way, we are not adding to the animal overpopulation
problem, we are not transgressing a commandment, and we are hopefully
providing a nice home for an animal who needs one.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

the wharf rat
March 11th 04, 09:07 PM
In article et>,
ys > wrote:
>Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.

Can I clip their little kitty foreskins?

the wharf rat
March 11th 04, 09:07 PM
In article et>,
ys > wrote:
>Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.

Can I clip their little kitty foreskins?

Uncle Russ
March 11th 04, 09:27 PM
It is with a great deal of regret, after having read many of the posts
pertaining to this topic, that I conclude each of you urgently requires
professional counselling. You guys have some serious unresolved issues. I am
happy to refer interested parties to a qualified veterinary therapist who,
incidentally, is quite proficient at bird calls and records himself with the
best vocal mic under $500.

Uncle Russ

WESTLAKE PUBLISHING COMPANY
www.finescalerr.com
WESTLAKE RECORDS
www.westlakerecords.com

Uncle Russ
March 11th 04, 09:27 PM
It is with a great deal of regret, after having read many of the posts
pertaining to this topic, that I conclude each of you urgently requires
professional counselling. You guys have some serious unresolved issues. I am
happy to refer interested parties to a qualified veterinary therapist who,
incidentally, is quite proficient at bird calls and records himself with the
best vocal mic under $500.

Uncle Russ

WESTLAKE PUBLISHING COMPANY
www.finescalerr.com
WESTLAKE RECORDS
www.westlakerecords.com

West Wing Audio
March 11th 04, 10:04 PM
ys wrote:

> We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the Creator
> in all facets if life.

Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

West Wing Audio
March 11th 04, 10:04 PM
ys wrote:

> We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the Creator
> in all facets if life.

Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

Norma
March 11th 04, 10:07 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> > in all facets if life.
>
> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

How does this relate to cats exactly?

Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma

Norma
March 11th 04, 10:07 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> > in all facets if life.
>
> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

How does this relate to cats exactly?

Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma

cindys
March 11th 04, 10:26 PM
"kilikini" > wrote in message

> So, in other words, if you spay or neuter your pet the pet would be
rejected
> by God and would not make it into heaven? Am I understanding the belief
> correctly?
> kilikini
-----------
I'm sorry. I didn't read your post carefully the first time. I thought you
were asking if *the person* who spays or neuters his pet is going to be
rejected by God. I didn't realize you were asking about *the pet.* In
Judaism, animals are most definitely not the equivalent of humans. Jewish
belief is that after death, Jews are judged according to the way we
conducted our lives, if we kept the commandments, if we sinned, etc. Animals
obviously are not obligated to keep commandments and are incapable of
sinning. I have never heard of any Jewish beliefs that animal souls go
anywhere after death at all, but if there are Jewish beliefs concerning this
(that I somehow managed to miss), I can guarantee that the animals would not
be judged by human standards and would not end up in the same place as human
souls. I hope your question was intended to be tongue-in-cheek.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 11th 04, 10:26 PM

-----------
[...]

March 11th 04, 10:30 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> > in all facets if life.
>
> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

A holy woman of Judah, a daughter of Zion follows these laws. BUT of course!
This is our heritage, our safekeeping, our life! In perfect harmony with
Nature! What a question!

Blessings,
Yechidah

---

ys
March 11th 04, 10:30 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> > in all facets if life.
>
> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

A holy woman of Judah, a daughter of Zion follows these laws. BUT of course!
This is our heritage, our safekeeping, our life! In perfect harmony with
Nature! What a question!

Blessings,
Yechidah

---

cindys
March 11th 04, 10:46 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> > in all facets if life.
>
> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
-----------
"Niddah" is not related to cleanliness. It describes a spiritual state. And
yes, O Jews follow the laws of taharas hamishpacha (family purity).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 11th 04, 10:46 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> > in all facets if life.
>
> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
-----------
"Niddah" is not related to cleanliness. It describes a spiritual state. And
yes, O Jews follow the laws of taharas hamishpacha (family purity).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 11th 04, 10:47 PM
"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> > ys wrote:
> > >
> > > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
> Creator
> > > in all facets if life.
> >
> > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
>

> A holy woman of Judah, a daughter of Zion follows these laws. BUT of
course!
> This is our heritage, our safekeeping, our life! In perfect harmony with
> Nature! What a question!

----------
But I'm sure you would agree that the law is not related to hygiene.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 11th 04, 10:47 PM
hlink.net...

----------
But I'm sure you would agree that the law is not related to hygiene.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

ys
March 11th 04, 10:48 PM
Correction - women who have their periods are NOT shunned.

YS

"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> Norma wrote:

> > Creator
> > >
> > > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they
are
> > > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
> >
> > How does this relate to cats exactly?
> >
> > Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma
>

> In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:
>
> 1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
> both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
> on the nature of both creatures.
>
> 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> author's of the aforementioned Law.
>
> 3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
> consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
> daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
> context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
> Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
> the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.
>
> 4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
> together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
> assumption is, in fact, erroneous.
>
> Good day.

---

ys
March 11th 04, 10:48 PM
Correction - women who have their periods are NOT shunned.

YS

"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> Norma wrote:

> > Creator
> > >
> > > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they
are
> > > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
> >
> > How does this relate to cats exactly?
> >
> > Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma
>

> In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:
>
> 1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
> both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
> on the nature of both creatures.
>
> 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> author's of the aforementioned Law.
>
> 3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
> consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
> daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
> context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
> Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
> the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.
>
> 4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
> together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
> assumption is, in fact, erroneous.
>
> Good day.

---

ys
March 11th 04, 10:59 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "ys" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...

> > Creator
> > >
> > > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they
are
> > > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
> >

> > A holy woman of Judah, a daughter of Zion follows these laws. BUT of
> course!
> > This is our heritage, our safekeeping, our life! In perfect harmony with
> > Nature! What a question!
> >
> ----------
> But I'm sure you would agree that the law is not related to hygiene.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Not hygiene!

We are holy, fragile with a need to go within. This is our right and duty -
to be set apart to regroup, regenerate and regain strength. As far as I am
concerned it is ~the~ key to a happy, holy relationship between a man and a
woman. What is hidden may only become revealed at its proper time. No
forcing, no hastening - no short cuts - just pure allowance for the natural
cycle of human nature to run its course.

YS

---

ys
March 11th 04, 10:59 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> "ys" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...

> > Creator
> > >
> > > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they
are
> > > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
> >

> > A holy woman of Judah, a daughter of Zion follows these laws. BUT of
> course!
> > This is our heritage, our safekeeping, our life! In perfect harmony with
> > Nature! What a question!
> >
> ----------
> But I'm sure you would agree that the law is not related to hygiene.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Not hygiene!

We are holy, fragile with a need to go within. This is our right and duty -
to be set apart to regroup, regenerate and regain strength. As far as I am
concerned it is ~the~ key to a happy, holy relationship between a man and a
woman. What is hidden may only become revealed at its proper time. No
forcing, no hastening - no short cuts - just pure allowance for the natural
cycle of human nature to run its course.

YS

---

West Wing Audio
March 11th 04, 11:03 PM

Norma wrote:

> "West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> > ys wrote:
> > >
> > > We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
> Creator
> > > in all facets if life.
> >
> > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
>
> How does this relate to cats exactly?
>
> Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma

In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:

1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
on the nature of both creatures.

2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
author's of the aforementioned Law.

3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.

4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
assumption is, in fact, erroneous.

Good day.

Norma
March 11th 04, 11:47 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> Norma wrote:

> > Creator
> > >
> > > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they
are
> > > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
> >
> > How does this relate to cats exactly?
> >
> > Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma
>

> In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:
>
> 1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
> both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
> on the nature of both creatures.
>
> 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> author's of the aforementioned Law.

Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about this.
So who is doing what? Norma

> 3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
> consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
> daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
> context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
> Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
> the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.
>
> 4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
> together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
> assumption is, in fact, erroneous.
>
> Good day.

Norma
March 11th 04, 11:47 PM
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> Norma wrote:

> > Creator
> > >
> > > Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they
are
> > > deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?
> >
> > How does this relate to cats exactly?
> >
> > Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma
>

> In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:
>
> 1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
> both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
> on the nature of both creatures.
>
> 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> author's of the aforementioned Law.

Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about this.
So who is doing what? Norma

> 3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
> consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
> daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
> context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
> Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
> the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.
>
> 4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
> together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
> assumption is, in fact, erroneous.
>
> Good day.

Paul Gold
March 12th 04, 12:29 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message news

> What's an Australian Shepherd? Here in Aus we call Alsatian canines "German
> Shepherds" but I've never heard of a breed called Australian Shepherd.

Despite the name an Australian Shepherd in an American breed. They
weigh about 45lbs and look somewhat like a BorderCollie. The most
popular coat is "merle". They are quite popular here in Brooklyn, NY.
Great frisbee dogs and very smart like a Border Collie. For more info
http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/breeds_a.cfm
I like terriers, Rat Terriers.

Paul Gold
www.vinylmastering.net
brooklynphono

Paul Gold
March 12th 04, 12:29 AM
"Barry" > wrote in message news

> What's an Australian Shepherd? Here in Aus we call Alsatian canines "German
> Shepherds" but I've never heard of a breed called Australian Shepherd.

Despite the name an Australian Shepherd in an American breed. They
weigh about 45lbs and look somewhat like a BorderCollie. The most
popular coat is "merle". They are quite popular here in Brooklyn, NY.
Great frisbee dogs and very smart like a Border Collie. For more info
http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/breeds_a.cfm
I like terriers, Rat Terriers.

Paul Gold
www.vinylmastering.net
brooklynphono

Susan Cohen
March 12th 04, 03:49 AM
"The Department of Defense" > wrote in message
.. .

> "The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in
message
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > >always exceptions.
> >
> > What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?
>
> I got a better question.... Why do you care?

He thinks everything should be about him.

Susan

Susan Cohen
March 12th 04, 03:49 AM
"The Department of Defense" > wrote in message
.. .

> "The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" > wrote in
message
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:20:53 -0500, "Sheena Weston"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> > >dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> > >always exceptions.
> >
> > What has this got to do with 'anti-semitism'®?
>
> I got a better question.... Why do you care?

He thinks everything should be about him.

Susan

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:24 AM
Yeah right. Spaying and neutering is not mutilation. It is being a
responsible human and not adding to the overpopulation problem. I don't care
what religion you are there is no excuse for being irresponsible.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.
>
> If every human being stepped up to the plate and took responsibility as a
> humane human, doing our part in caring for these animals - fully,
lovingly,
> with dedication - keeping them within bounds, within the framework of
> Torah - the Blueprint for the Universe, there would be ZERO need to use
> violence to control and manipulate nature and its laws.
>
> It is PRECISELY when these laws are violated that all hell breaks loose
with
> plagues, pestilence and catastrophe.
>
> We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> in all facets if life.
>

> YS
>

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
> > irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
> > that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay
and
> > neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.
> >
> > --
> > Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> > www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >
> > Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> > www.catgalaxymedia.com
> > "ys" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> > > No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the
> Creator's
> > > wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> > > humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to
> us
> > > before we eat.
> > >

> ---

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:24 AM
Yeah right. Spaying and neutering is not mutilation. It is being a
responsible human and not adding to the overpopulation problem. I don't care
what religion you are there is no excuse for being irresponsible.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations. Specifically castration.
>
> If every human being stepped up to the plate and took responsibility as a
> humane human, doing our part in caring for these animals - fully,
lovingly,
> with dedication - keeping them within bounds, within the framework of
> Torah - the Blueprint for the Universe, there would be ZERO need to use
> violence to control and manipulate nature and its laws.
>
> It is PRECISELY when these laws are violated that all hell breaks loose
with
> plagues, pestilence and catastrophe.
>
> We must begin to do things the Right way, following the laws of the
Creator
> in all facets if life.
>

> YS
>

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I agree on no declawing but no spaying or neutering? That is being
> > irresponsible if you ask me. Try using your religious lines in a shelter
> > that is overflowing with animals because either someone failed to spay
and
> > neuter their animal or simply dumped them there.
> >
> > --
> > Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> > www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
> >
> > Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> > www.catgalaxymedia.com
> > "ys" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> > > No declawing, no neutering, no spaying - all totally against the
> Creator's
> > > wishes. What is expected from us as the stewards of this planet is be
> > > humane, compassionate and caring enough to feed an animal entrusted to
> us
> > > before we eat.
> > >

> ---

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:32 AM
Forget the torah. Spaying and neutering your animals is the correct action.
I would love to see you go down to a shelter and tell them what they are
doing is wrong. It is people like you that are making the rescue of our
feline friends difficult by making an excuse not to do the responsible
thing. I suppose you are also going to say the torah says we should not
punish those who simply dump their feline friends in the street to fend for
themselves? BTW, spaying/neutering is the right thing to do. You can use all
the scipts, sayings or anything from the torah that you want but that
doesn't mean they are correct. I suggest you get with the times. This is
2004 after all.

"ys" > wrote in message news:jL24c.33678
> Please read:
>
> MEANING IN MITZVOT by Rabbi Asher Meir
>
> Each week we discuss one familiar halakhic practice and try to show its
> beauty and meaning. The columns are based on Rabbi Meir's Meaning in
Mitzvot
> [...]
> prohibition in two different places, each one with its message.
> In the blessing given to Noach and his family after the flood, "Be
fruitful
> and multiply, swarm in the earth and multiply in it" (Bere**** 9:7), our
> Sages discerned an implication that spaying of animals is improper for all
> mankind (Sanhedrin 57a). The basis of this admonition is clearly the fact
> that spaying interferes with HaShem's desire that the world should be
filled
> with a multiplicity of living things. Here the consideration is a
> quantitative one.
> However, the Torah also contains a prohibition on spaying for the Jewish
> people. In enumeration the animals which are blemished and unfit for
> sacrifices, the Torah tells us (Vayikra 22:24) "And an animal which is
> maimed or crushed or disconnected or severed [in his reproductive organs]
do
> not offer to HaShem", and then adds "and don't do this in your land",
> meaning that we should not create such a blemish (Shabbat 110b).
> Here the emphasis is not on the consequences for the world, but rather the
> consequences for this particular animal. The blemish in a sacrifice is not
> due to the fact that the animal will not reproduce, because the animal is
> being slaughtered anyway. Rather, the admonition not to spay seems to be
> directed at the loss for the individual. Each individual creature is
unique,
> and its ability to transmit its own unique characteristics to offspring is
> an essential part of its character and potential. Even if the world will
> swarm with sheep just as before, this individual ram is deficient if he
> lacks the potential to perpetuate his special traits in the next
generation.
> This distinction between the general mission of mankind and the particular
> mission of the Jewish people is found in other places as well. For
instance,
> in our column on Vayikra 5761 we saw the explanation of Rav Nachman of
> Breslav, that for all mankind ownership and possession has utilitarian
> value, but for the Jewish people ownership also ideally involves a special
> sensitivity to the unique role of each object in the chain of Divine
> providence.
> All of mankind is charged with perfecting the world, both materially and
> spiritually. But the mission of mankind as a whole is more instrumental,
> focusing on principles which create a better world. It is the Jewish
people
> who are particularly commanded to find the holiness and potential in each
> individual aspect of creation, "so that none of them may be rejected" from
> the realm of holiness. (See Shmuel II 14:14.)

> ----
>
> Rabbi Meir has completed writing a monumental companion to Kitzur Shulchan
> Aruch which beautifully presents the meanings in our mitzvot and halacha.
It
> will hopefully be published in the near future.
>
> Rabbi Meir authors a popular weekly on-line Q&A column, "The Jewish
> Ethicist", which gives Jewish guidance on everyday ethical dilemmas in the
> workplace. The column is a joint project of the JCT Center for Business
> Ethics, Jerusalem College of Technology - Machon Lev; and Aish HaTorah.
You
> [...]

> who are particularly commanded to find the holiness and potential in each
> individual aspect of creation, "so that none of them may be rejected" from
> the realm of holiness. (See Shmuel II 14:14.)

> ----
>
> Rabbi Meir has completed writing a monumental companion to Kitzur Shulchan
> Aruch which beautifully presents the meanings in our mitzvot and halacha.
It
> will hopefully be published in the near future.
>
> Rabbi Meir authors a popular weekly on-line Q&A column, "The Jewish
> Ethicist", which gives Jewish guidance on everyday ethical dilemmas in the
> workplace. The column is a joint project of the JCT Center for Business
> Ethics, Jerusalem College of Technology - Machon Lev; and Aish HaTorah.
You
> can see the Jewish Ethicist, and submit your own questions, at

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:46 AM
I have a belief in the metaphysical despite being Jewish. I believe cats
have souls and spend much time on the astral plane. I am sure this ys person
will probably say Jews are not allowed to be metaphysical and that is a sin
to believe cats have souls. Good thing I was born Reform because many of us
don't follow the rules of Jewish law.

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> I thought that all animals were pure by nature. How can an animal get
> *better* in the eyes of the spirit world, because their owner loves them?
> don't understand.
> kilikini

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:48 AM
Plenty of men try to do this. I know I make myself scarce during this cycle
so I do not incur the wrath of the woman.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message

> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:48 AM
Plenty of men try to do this. I know I make myself scarce during this cycle
so I do not incur the wrath of the woman.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message

> Then we must also avoid women during their menstrual cycles as they are
> deemed "unclean." Do you follow this law too?

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:49 AM
And this has to do with cats how?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Correction - women who have their periods are NOT shunned.
>

> YS
>

> "West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> > Norma wrote:

> > > Creator

> are
> > >
> > > How does this relate to cats exactly?
> > >
> > > Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma
> >

> > In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:
> >
> > 1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
> > both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
> > on the nature of both creatures.
> >
> > 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> > he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> > understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> > but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> > indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> > author's of the aforementioned Law.
> >
> > 3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
> > consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
> > daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
> > context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
> > Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
> > the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.
> >
> > 4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
> > together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
> > assumption is, in fact, erroneous.
> >
> > Good day.
>

> ---

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:49 AM
And this has to do with cats how?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Correction - women who have their periods are NOT shunned.
>

> YS
>

> "West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> > Norma wrote:

> > > Creator

> are
> > >
> > > How does this relate to cats exactly?
> > >
> > > Seems more like a trolling question to me. Norma
> >

> > In more detail than is warranted for a Thursday afternoon:
> >
> > 1. The astute reader will note that the thread subject line includes
> > both women AND cats and indeed how the thread discussions have touched
> > on the nature of both creatures.
> >
> > 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> > he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> > understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> > but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> > indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> > author's of the aforementioned Law.
> >
> > 3. My post was an attempt to ascertain whether or not YS was indeed
> > consistent in his/her approach to Toraic Law and its application to
> > daily human activities, which include both women AND cats in this
> > context. As is often the case with such things, the "faithful" (be they
> > Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc.) are highly selective about which parts of
> > the Law they choose to abide by or hold sacred.
> >
> > 4. Finally, the astute reader would have put elements 1, 2 and 3
> > together BEFORE assuming a trolling stance on my part. Such an
> > assumption is, in fact, erroneous.
> >
> > Good day.
>

> ---

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 04:57 AM
Most Jews I am sure spay and neuter their animals. I bet the OP probably
feels a lot of us who do the responsible thing will also not get a ticket
into heaven. I am also willing to bet that he/she would not be quoting the
torah if their own life was at risk and they needed an operation. Yes,
that's right you may need to cut your flesh to save your own life. I suppose
you'd let yourself or someone else die in order to stick to the belief of no
cutting the flesh?

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> So, in other words, if you spay or neuter your pet the pet would be
rejected
> by God and would not make it into heaven? Am I understanding the belief
> correctly?
> kilikini

Paul Stamler
March 12th 04, 07:59 AM
cindys > wrote in message

> > Actually, I was serious. I'm not Jewish and am very interested in other
> > faiths. My question was intentional. YS made it sound as if the animal
> > *itself* would be punished if it were to be neutered or spayed. I'm
just
> > trying to understand. Really!
> ----------
> Oh! No, the animal would not be punished. In Judaism, God only judges
> people.

On the other hand, I read in Leviticus that in the case of the abomination
of sexual relations between a human and an animal, the human is condemned to
death, and so is the animal. I understand that this isn't God judging the
animal and condemning it, but nonetheless it always struck me as unfair to a
creature who is not capable of understanding the law.

Peace,
Paul

Paul Stamler
March 12th 04, 07:59 AM
cindys > wrote in message

> > Actually, I was serious. I'm not Jewish and am very interested in other
> > faiths. My question was intentional. YS made it sound as if the animal
> > *itself* would be punished if it were to be neutered or spayed. I'm
just
> > trying to understand. Really!
> ----------
> Oh! No, the animal would not be punished. In Judaism, God only judges
> people.

On the other hand, I read in Leviticus that in the case of the abomination
of sexual relations between a human and an animal, the human is condemned to
death, and so is the animal. I understand that this isn't God judging the
animal and condemning it, but nonetheless it always struck me as unfair to a
creature who is not capable of understanding the law.

Peace,
Paul

Tommy B
March 12th 04, 01:59 PM
Have you ever heard of the Kabbalah?
Tom

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have a belief in the metaphysical despite being Jewish. I believe cats
> have souls and spend much time on the astral plane. I am sure this ys
person
> will probably say Jews are not allowed to be metaphysical and that is a
sin
> to believe cats have souls. Good thing I was born Reform because many of
us
> don't follow the rules of Jewish law.
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> > I thought that all animals were pure by nature. How can an animal get
> > *better* in the eyes of the spirit world, because their owner loves
them?
> > don't understand.
> > kilikini

Tommy B
March 12th 04, 01:59 PM
Have you ever heard of the Kabbalah?
Tom

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have a belief in the metaphysical despite being Jewish. I believe cats
> have souls and spend much time on the astral plane. I am sure this ys
person
> will probably say Jews are not allowed to be metaphysical and that is a
sin
> to believe cats have souls. Good thing I was born Reform because many of
us
> don't follow the rules of Jewish law.
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> > I thought that all animals were pure by nature. How can an animal get
> > *better* in the eyes of the spirit world, because their owner loves
them?
> > don't understand.
> > kilikini

cindys
March 12th 04, 03:07 PM
"Paul Stamler" > wrote in message
> cindys > wrote in message
>
> > > Actually, I was serious. I'm not Jewish and am very interested in
other
> > > faiths. My question was intentional. YS made it sound as if the
animal
> > > *itself* would be punished if it were to be neutered or spayed. I'm
> just
> > > trying to understand. Really!
> > ----------
> > Oh! No, the animal would not be punished. In Judaism, God only judges
> > people.
>
> On the other hand, I read in Leviticus that in the case of the abomination
> of sexual relations between a human and an animal, the human is condemned
> death, and so is the animal. I understand that this isn't God judging the
> animal and condemning it, but nonetheless it always struck me as unfair to
> creature who is not capable of understanding the law.
----------
An animal that has killed someone is also put to death. In both cases, the
torah commandment is for humans to kill the animal. This is quite different
from the animals' being the recipient of post-death divine retribution from
God, which I believe was the other poster's question.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 12th 04, 03:07 PM
"Paul Stamler" > wrote in message
> cindys > wrote in message
>
> > > Actually, I was serious. I'm not Jewish and am very interested in
other
> > > faiths. My question was intentional. YS made it sound as if the
animal
> > > *itself* would be punished if it were to be neutered or spayed. I'm
> just
> > > trying to understand. Really!
> > ----------
> > Oh! No, the animal would not be punished. In Judaism, God only judges
> > people.
>
> On the other hand, I read in Leviticus that in the case of the abomination
> of sexual relations between a human and an animal, the human is condemned
> death, and so is the animal. I understand that this isn't God judging the
> animal and condemning it, but nonetheless it always struck me as unfair to
> creature who is not capable of understanding the law.
----------
An animal that has killed someone is also put to death. In both cases, the
torah commandment is for humans to kill the animal. This is quite different
from the animals' being the recipient of post-death divine retribution from
God, which I believe was the other poster's question.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 07:06 PM
Yes, I have but I do not follow it.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Have you ever heard of the Kabbalah?
> Tom

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 07:06 PM
Yes, I have but I do not follow it.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Have you ever heard of the Kabbalah?
> Tom

Paul Gold
March 12th 04, 07:30 PM
"ys" > wrote in message .
> Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations.

Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.

Paul Gold
March 12th 04, 07:30 PM
"ys" > wrote in message .
> Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations.

Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.

ys
March 12th 04, 07:42 PM
"Paul Gold" > wrote in message
om...
> "ys" > wrote in message .
> > Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations.
>

> Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.

Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
covered.

Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating that
this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
since the beginning of time.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.

YS

---

ys
March 12th 04, 07:42 PM
"Paul Gold" > wrote in message
om...
> "ys" > wrote in message .
> > Sorry. Our Torah says NO to mutilations.
>

> Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.

Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
covered.

Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating that
this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
since the beginning of time.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.

YS

---

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 08:35 PM
YS, I have to wonder why you are pushing your views to people in an obvious
cat newsgroup? Jews are not supposed to be pushing their religion on other
people. Spaying/neutering cats is a needed and necessary thing. I am all for
it and no matter what you say will not prevent me from doing the responsible
thing. I'd definately quit this nonsense already.

"ys" > wrote in message news:2wn4c.17267$%
> Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
> Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
> covered.
>
> Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating
that
> this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
> since the beginning of time.
>
> Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.
>
> YS
>

> ---

Cat Protector
March 12th 04, 08:35 PM
YS, I have to wonder why you are pushing your views to people in an obvious
cat newsgroup? Jews are not supposed to be pushing their religion on other
people. Spaying/neutering cats is a needed and necessary thing. I am all for
it and no matter what you say will not prevent me from doing the responsible
thing. I'd definately quit this nonsense already.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message news:2wn4c.17267$%
> Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
> Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
> covered.
>
> Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating
that
> this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
> since the beginning of time.
>
> Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.
>
> YS
>

> ---

Paul Stamler
March 12th 04, 08:41 PM
cindys > wrote in message

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > I do not judge others myself. BTW, I myself am Jewish and when I adopted
> my
> > cat Isis it was a requirement to have her spayed. I was all for it. I am
> > still for spaying/neutering. I do not see it as mutilation.
>
> The torah is not open to individual interpretation, and the fact remains
> that for a Jew to spay or neuter is a torah transgression. The mitzvos do
> not apply to non-Jews, and therefore the torah would not find it
problematic
> for a non-Jew to spay or neuter.

In other words, the equvalent of a "Shabbos goy"? (For those not familiar
with the term, a "Shabbos goy" was a Gentile employed by observant Jews to
mind the store or run the factory on the sabbath, when Jews are not
permitted to work.)

Peace,
Paul

Paul Stamler
March 12th 04, 08:41 PM
cindys > wrote in message

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > I do not judge others myself. BTW, I myself am Jewish and when I adopted
> my
> > cat Isis it was a requirement to have her spayed. I was all for it. I am
> > still for spaying/neutering. I do not see it as mutilation.
>
> The torah is not open to individual interpretation, and the fact remains
> that for a Jew to spay or neuter is a torah transgression. The mitzvos do
> not apply to non-Jews, and therefore the torah would not find it
problematic
> for a non-Jew to spay or neuter.

In other words, the equvalent of a "Shabbos goy"? (For those not familiar
with the term, a "Shabbos goy" was a Gentile employed by observant Jews to
mind the store or run the factory on the sabbath, when Jews are not
permitted to work.)

Peace,
Paul

Paul Stamler
March 12th 04, 08:43 PM
ys > wrote in message
link.net...

> > Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.
>

> Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
> Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
> covered.
>
> Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating
that
> this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
> since the beginning of time.
>
> Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.

Really? Who died?

Peace,
Paul

Paul Stamler
March 12th 04, 08:43 PM
ys > wrote in message
link.net...

> > Circumsicion seems like a notable exceptiion to the rule.
>

> Circumcision is a covenant of the flesh between God and Abraham and all
> Jewish males descending from him, revealing of what ~is~ which has been
> covered.
>
> Just FYI, you create more mutilation, destruction and death insinuating
that
> this blessed ocassion is *mutilation* than all the circumcisions EVER done
> since the beginning of time.
>
> Put that in your pipe and smoke it, merry sunshine.

Really? Who died?

Peace,
Paul

cindys
March 12th 04, 09:49 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I think the torah is very much open to individual interpretation.

You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it that way.

>Last time
> I checked we're all apart of humanity. I don't believe in limits. Why
should
> I be bound by the rules of the torah?

You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it this way.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

This is 2004. Not the days of Moses.

cindys
March 12th 04, 09:49 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I think the torah is very much open to individual interpretation.

You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it that way.

>Last time
> I checked we're all apart of humanity. I don't believe in limits. Why
should
> I be bound by the rules of the torah?

You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it this way.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

This is 2004. Not the days of Moses.

cindys
March 12th 04, 09:50 PM
"Paul Stamler" > wrote in message

> cindys > wrote in message
> >
> > "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > >
> > > I do not judge others myself. BTW, I myself am Jewish and when I
adopted
> > my
> > > cat Isis it was a requirement to have her spayed. I was all for it. I
am
> > > still for spaying/neutering. I do not see it as mutilation.
> >
> > The torah is not open to individual interpretation, and the fact remains
> > that for a Jew to spay or neuter is a torah transgression. The mitzvos
do
> > not apply to non-Jews, and therefore the torah would not find it
> problematic
> > for a non-Jew to spay or neuter.
>
> In other words, the equvalent of a "Shabbos goy"? (For those not familiar
> with the term, a "Shabbos goy" was a Gentile employed by observant Jews to
> mind the store or run the factory on the sabbath, when Jews are not
> permitted to work.)
----------
Not at all. The fact is that all Jews are obligated to observe shabbos, but
no one is obligated to adopt an animal.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
March 12th 04, 09:50 PM

----------
Not at all. The fact is that all Jews are obligated to observe shabbos, but
no one is obligated to adopt an animal.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Cat Protector
March 13th 04, 02:07 AM
On who's rule do you say that? Also, who is to say what is tradition? These
things after all were written by man so I'd hardly call the torah law. Also,
what do you consider traditional Jews? Those who are reform are certainly
not going to let the Jewish laws limit them.

"cindys" > wrote in message

> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I think the torah is very much open to individual interpretation.
>
> You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it that
way.

> >Last time
> > I checked we're all apart of humanity. I don't believe in limits. Why
> should
> > I be bound by the rules of the torah?
>
> You're entitled to your opinion, but traditional Jews don't see it this
way.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
>

> This is 2004. Not the days of Moses.

Cat Protector
March 13th 04, 02:09 AM
That is not a fact. I certainly don't observe Shabbot.

"cindys" > wrote in message

> Not at all. The fact is that all Jews are obligated to observe shabbos,
but
> no one is obligated to adopt an animal.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Cat Protector
March 13th 04, 02:10 AM
I agree on this one. A perfect example is Passover. My mom made it a little
bit more fun than reading the books time after time. Also, she added a
metaphysical twist which made it go down a lot easier.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
hlink.net...

"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Does the Torah say anything about anesthetics?
> Religion, like software seems to need constant updates!

Paul Stamler
March 13th 04, 10:11 AM
cindys > wrote in message

> > > The torah is not open to individual interpretation, and the fact
remains
> > > that for a Jew to spay or neuter is a torah transgression. The mitzvos
> do
> > > not apply to non-Jews, and therefore the torah would not find it
> > problematic
> > > for a non-Jew to spay or neuter.
> >
> > In other words, the equvalent of a "Shabbos goy"? (For those not
familiar
> > with the term, a "Shabbos goy" was a Gentile employed by observant Jews
> > mind the store or run the factory on the sabbath, when Jews are not
> > permitted to work.)
> ----------
> Not at all. The fact is that all Jews are obligated to observe shabbos,
but
> no one is obligated to adopt an animal.

True but irrelevant; no Jew is required to keep the store or factory open on
Shabbos either. If an owner chooses to do so, s/he employs a Shabbos goy.
Likewise, if s/he adopts a pet, it's one that a Gentile has already
neutered.

Peace,
Paul

Paul Stamler
March 13th 04, 10:11 AM
cindys > wrote in message

> > > The torah is not open to individual interpretation, and the fact
remains
> > > that for a Jew to spay or neuter is a torah transgression. The mitzvos
> do
> > > not apply to non-Jews, and therefore the torah would not find it
> > problematic
> > > for a non-Jew to spay or neuter.
> >
> > In other words, the equvalent of a "Shabbos goy"? (For those not
familiar
> > with the term, a "Shabbos goy" was a Gentile employed by observant Jews
> > mind the store or run the factory on the sabbath, when Jews are not
> > permitted to work.)
> ----------
> Not at all. The fact is that all Jews are obligated to observe shabbos,
but
> no one is obligated to adopt an animal.

True but irrelevant; no Jew is required to keep the store or factory open on
Shabbos either. If an owner chooses to do so, s/he employs a Shabbos goy.
Likewise, if s/he adopts a pet, it's one that a Gentile has already
neutered.

Peace,
Paul

Cat Protector
March 14th 04, 08:17 PM
It seems only certain Jews are against it and are using the torah to justify
why they shouldn't do the humane and responsible thing. I guess some people
will think of anything in order to justify their irresponsiblity.

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> Norma, that was *my* original question to. The OP started this thread
about
> women and cats in soc.culture.jewish., sci.med.nursing. and rec.audio.pro.
> Why was it cross-posted like that? Anyway, I'm glad it was. I had no
idea
> that the jewish faith was technically against spaying or neutering. I
found
> this topic sort of interesting. Sorry for perpetuating the thread by
> replying, but I find the views that have been posted very curious.
>
> kilikini

West Wing Audio
March 15th 04, 08:51 PM
Norma wrote:

> > 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> > he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> > understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> > but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> > indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> > author's of the aforementioned Law.
>
> Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about this.
> So who is doing what? Norma

It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.

Good day.

West Wing Audio
March 15th 04, 08:51 PM
Norma wrote:

> > 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> > he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> > understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> > but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> > indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> > author's of the aforementioned Law.
>
> Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about this.
> So who is doing what? Norma

It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.

Good day.

Tommy B
March 16th 04, 09:31 PM
OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her higher
power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be Like
Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he ment. If
one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
Tom

"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> Norma wrote:
> > >
> > > 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> > > he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> > > understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> > > but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> > > indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> > > author's of the aforementioned Law.
> >
> > Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about
this.
> > So who is doing what? Norma
>
> It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
> for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
>
> Good day.

Tommy B
March 16th 04, 09:31 PM
OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her higher
power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be Like
Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he ment. If
one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
Tom

"West Wing Audio" > wrote in message
> Norma wrote:
> > >
> > > 2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings that
> > > he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
> > > understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in general
> > > but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be avoided,
> > > indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
> > > author's of the aforementioned Law.
> >
> > Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about
this.
> > So who is doing what? Norma
>
> It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
> for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
>
> Good day.

ys
March 16th 04, 10:08 PM
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"

The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants. Not
what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all inclusive
of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to receive
it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript for
life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and wrong
and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613 for
the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is and
certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name of
*brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So? Live
and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against the
Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
Hashem's laws is choosing life.

"I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26

YS

> > > Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about
> this.
> > > So who is doing what? Norma
> >
> > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
> > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> >
> > Good day.

---

ys
March 16th 04, 10:08 PM
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"

The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants. Not
what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all inclusive
of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to receive
it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript for
life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and wrong
and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613 for
the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is and
certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name of
*brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So? Live
and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against the
Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
Hashem's laws is choosing life.

"I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26

YS

> > > Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about
> this.
> > > So who is doing what? Norma
> >
> > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
> > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> >
> > Good day.

---

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 12:57 AM
Tommy B wrote:

> OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
> Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her higher
> power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be Like
> Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he ment. If
> one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"

The gnostic interpretation that you refer to was a major
movement in early Christianity and there is reason to
believe that even Christianity's creator, Paul, was gnostic.
Whoever wrote the gospel attributed to Thomas certainly
was and it bears reading. The Roman church nearly succeeded
in stamping out all evidence that the gnostic movement and
its writings ever existed.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 12:57 AM
Tommy B wrote:

> OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
> Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her higher
> power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be Like
> Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he ment. If
> one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"

The gnostic interpretation that you refer to was a major
movement in early Christianity and there is reason to
believe that even Christianity's creator, Paul, was gnostic.
Whoever wrote the gospel attributed to Thomas certainly
was and it bears reading. The Roman church nearly succeeded
in stamping out all evidence that the gnostic movement and
its writings ever existed.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Tommy B
March 17th 04, 02:08 AM
The Creator is within and without.
If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything one
does inspired by that connection?
Maintaining it, is the hard part.
Tom

"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>

> > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
>

> The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.
Not
> what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
> Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all
inclusive
> of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to
receive
> it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
> teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript
for
> life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and
wrong
> and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613
for
> the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is
and
> certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name of
> *brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So? Live
> and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against
the
> Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
> Hashem's laws is choosing life.
>
> "I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26
>
> YS

> that
> general

> > this.
> > >
> > > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not
prepared
> > > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> > >
> > > Good day.
> >

> ---

Tommy B
March 17th 04, 02:08 AM
The Creator is within and without.
If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything one
does inspired by that connection?
Maintaining it, is the hard part.
Tom

"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>

> > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
>

> The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.
Not
> what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
> Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all
inclusive
> of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to
receive
> it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
> teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript
for
> life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and
wrong
> and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613
for
> the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is
and
> certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name of
> *brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So? Live
> and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against
the
> Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
> Hashem's laws is choosing life.
>
> "I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26
>
> YS

> that
> general

> > this.
> > >
> > > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not
prepared
> > > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> > >
> > > Good day.
> >

> ---

Cat Protector
March 17th 04, 02:46 AM
Whom or what do you consider the higher power?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
> Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her
higher
> power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be Like
> Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he ment.
If
> one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> Tom

> > > Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about
> this.
> > > So who is doing what? Norma
> >
> > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
> > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> >
> > Good day.

Cat Protector
March 17th 04, 02:46 AM
Whom or what do you consider the higher power?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
> Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her
higher
> power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be Like
> Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he ment.
If
> one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> Tom

> > > Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about
> this.
> > > So who is doing what? Norma
> >
> > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not prepared
> > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> >
> > Good day.

Cat Protector
March 17th 04, 04:02 AM
You sound like one of those religious nuts who show up at your door with
bible in hand. I wish you would end this cross posting and leave the cat
group alone.

"ys" > wrote in message news:k1K5c.43440
> [...]

and
> certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name of
> *brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So? Live
> and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against
the
> Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
> Hashem's laws is choosing life.
>
> "I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26
>
> YS

> that
> general

> > this.
> > >
> > > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not
prepared
> > > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 05:17 AM
Tommy B wrote:

> The Creator is within and without.
> If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything one
> does inspired by that connection?

But of course.

> Maintaining it, is the hard part.

Not really, it just takes practice and can start small, once
a day, then twice a day then a little more frequently and
pretty soon it becomes the ground for the whole gestalt of life.

Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
practical level that could have avoided the splits and
bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 05:17 AM
Tommy B wrote:

> The Creator is within and without.
> If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything one
> does inspired by that connection?

But of course.

> Maintaining it, is the hard part.

Not really, it just takes practice and can start small, once
a day, then twice a day then a little more frequently and
pretty soon it becomes the ground for the whole gestalt of life.

Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
practical level that could have avoided the splits and
bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 05:18 AM
Cat Protector wrote:

> Whom or what do you consider the higher power?

Yes.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 05:18 AM
Cat Protector wrote:

> Whom or what do you consider the higher power?

Yes.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

david
March 17th 04, 08:31 AM
In article >, Bob Cain
> wrote:

> Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
> scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
> only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
> and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
> of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
> wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
> practical level that could have avoided the splits and
> bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.
>

> Bob

First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
have given two ****s about that either.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

david
March 17th 04, 08:31 AM
In article >, Bob Cain
> wrote:

> Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
> scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
> only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
> and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
> of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
> wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
> practical level that could have avoided the splits and
> bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.
>

> Bob

First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
have given two ****s about that either.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 09:26 AM
david wrote:

>>Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
>>scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
>>only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
>>and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
>>of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
>>wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
>>practical level that could have avoided the splits and
>>bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.
>>

> First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
> accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

True enough and the history of the Quaran is certainly open
to debate. I've read some interesting points of view that
claim it to be no better authenticated or replicated than
the Christian writings and coopted for later goals just as
ruthlessly. Not, unfortunately, from Islamic scholars.

> Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
> about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
> castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
> have given two ****s about that either.

That was sorta my point. How could a guy that thought he
was so plugged in have failed to look ahead in such
important ways. That just doesn't compute.

Contrary to your second statement, are you suggesting in the
first one that perhaps he did and it didn't make it through
the ensuing fight for succession? That's all together possible.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
March 17th 04, 09:26 AM
david wrote:

>>Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
>>scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
>>only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
>>and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
>>of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
>>wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
>>practical level that could have avoided the splits and
>>bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.
>>

> First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
> accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

True enough and the history of the Quaran is certainly open
to debate. I've read some interesting points of view that
claim it to be no better authenticated or replicated than
the Christian writings and coopted for later goals just as
ruthlessly. Not, unfortunately, from Islamic scholars.

> Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
> about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
> castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
> have given two ****s about that either.

That was sorta my point. How could a guy that thought he
was so plugged in have failed to look ahead in such
important ways. That just doesn't compute.

Contrary to your second statement, are you suggesting in the
first one that perhaps he did and it didn't make it through
the ensuing fight for succession? That's all together possible.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Tommy B
March 17th 04, 12:23 PM
I always say: "There's a universal DOG and we all have a little piece. Then
again I'm dyslexic."

Tom

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Whom or what do you consider the higher power?
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
> "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> > OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
> > Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her
> higher
> > power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be
Like
> > Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he
ment.
> If
> > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> > Tom

> that
> general

> > this.
> > >
> > > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not
prepared
> > > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> > >
> > > Good day.

Tommy B
March 17th 04, 12:23 PM
I always say: "There's a universal DOG and we all have a little piece. Then
again I'm dyslexic."

Tom

"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Whom or what do you consider the higher power?
>
> --
> Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
> www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek
>
> Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
> www.catgalaxymedia.com
> "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> > OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
> > Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her
> higher
> > power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be
Like
> > Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he
ment.
> If
> > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> > Tom

> that
> general

> > this.
> > >
> > > It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not
prepared
> > > for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
> > > likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.
> > >
> > > Good day.

ys
March 17th 04, 07:08 PM
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> The Creator is within and without.

What does this mean? How does it actually translate into everyday living?

> If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything
one
> does inspired by that connection?

What is consciousness?

> Maintaining it, is the hard part.

So said the iMac repairman.

YS

> "ys" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> >
> > "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >

> > > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> >

> > The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.
> Not
> > what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
> > Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all
> inclusive
> > of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to
> receive
> > it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
> > teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript
> for
> > life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and
> wrong
> > and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613
> for
> > the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is
> and
> > certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name
of
> > *brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So?
Live
> > and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against
> the
> > Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
> > Hashem's laws is choosing life.
> >
> > "I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26
> >
> > YS

> > that
> > general
> avoided,

> > > this.

> prepared

> > ---

---

ys
March 17th 04, 07:08 PM
"Tommy B" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> The Creator is within and without.

What does this mean? How does it actually translate into everyday living?

> If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything
one
> does inspired by that connection?

What is consciousness?

> Maintaining it, is the hard part.

So said the iMac repairman.

YS

> "ys" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> >
> > "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >

> > > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> >

> > The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.
> Not
> > what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
> > Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all
> inclusive
> > of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to
> receive
> > it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
> > teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript
> for
> > life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and
> wrong
> > and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613
> for
> > the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is
> and
> > certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name
of
> > *brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So?
Live
> > and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against
> the
> > Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
> > Hashem's laws is choosing life.
> >
> > "I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26
> >
> > YS

> > that
> > general
> avoided,

> > > this.

> prepared

> > ---

---

MaxTransUnit
March 17th 04, 11:37 PM
ys wrote:

> "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>
> > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
>
> The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants. Not
> what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.

The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
disagreement - about "what the Creator wants." And whose version of the
Creator is to hold sway?

Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?

MaxTransUnit
March 17th 04, 11:37 PM
ys wrote:

> "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>
> > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
>
> The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants. Not
> what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.

The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
disagreement - about "what the Creator wants." And whose version of the
Creator is to hold sway?

Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?

ys
March 18th 04, 12:12 AM
"MaxTransUnit" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> > > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> >
> > The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.
Not
> > what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.
>
> The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
> disagreement - about "what the Creator wants."

Because of division of the Torah into sub-parts which no longer resemble the
Original.

And whose version of the
> Creator is to hold sway?

The word of God as given to Moses.

> Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
> Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
> has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?

Chabad.

YS

---

ys
March 18th 04, 12:12 AM
"MaxTransUnit" > wrote in message
> ys wrote:
> >
> > "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> >
> > > one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
> >
> > The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.
Not
> > what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.
>
> The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
> disagreement - about "what the Creator wants."

Because of division of the Torah into sub-parts which no longer resemble the
Original.

And whose version of the
> Creator is to hold sway?

The word of God as given to Moses.

> Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
> Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
> has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?

Chabad.

YS

---

Cat Protector
March 18th 04, 01:51 AM
Stop cross-posting already! This stuff does not neet to be in a newsgroup
for cats.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "MaxTransUnit" > wrote in message
> > ys wrote:
> > >
> > > "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> > > hlink.net...

> > > The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman
wants.
> Not
> > > what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.
> >
> > The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
> > disagreement - about "what the Creator wants."
>
> Because of division of the Torah into sub-parts which no longer resemble
the
> Original.
>

> And whose version of the
> > Creator is to hold sway?
>

> The word of God as given to Moses.
>

> > Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
> > Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
> > has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?
>

> Chabad.
>

> YS
>

> ---

Cat Protector
March 18th 04, 01:51 AM
Stop cross-posting already! This stuff does not neet to be in a newsgroup
for cats.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"ys" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "MaxTransUnit" > wrote in message
> > ys wrote:
> > >
> > > "Tommy B" > wrote in message
> > > hlink.net...

> > > The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman
wants.
> Not
> > > what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.
> >
> > The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
> > disagreement - about "what the Creator wants."
>
> Because of division of the Torah into sub-parts which no longer resemble
the
> Original.
>

> And whose version of the
> > Creator is to hold sway?
>

> The word of God as given to Moses.
>

> > Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
> > Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
> > has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?
>

> Chabad.
>

> YS
>

> ---

Vincent Wilcox
April 7th 04, 01:04 AM
Sheena Weston wrote:
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.

For the very reasons you give.

Vincent Wilcox
April 7th 04, 01:04 AM
Sheena Weston wrote:
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.

For the very reasons you give.

Gee
April 14th 04, 07:34 AM
"Paul Gold" > wrote in message

> Despite the name an Australian Shepherd in an American breed.

Actually no. They are of Spanish origin. Judging by "Australian Shepard"
book by Joseph Hartnagle, "Australian Shepards were introduced to Australia
from the Basque region in the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France.
For luck of employment(sheep herding) in their own land, the Basque migrated
to other countries taking the dogs.They acquired the name as they arrived in
the USA with the boatloads of Australian sheep. This took place in early
1900s as the American wool market was rising" " The Prado museum in Madrid,
Spain houses paintings that ilustrates these dogs" At that time, sheep
hearding was a major economy in Spain and sheep dogs(Australian Shepards)
were legaly protected even then.

They
> weigh about 45lbs and look somewhat like a BorderCollie.
Great frisbee dogs and very smart like a Border Collie. For more info
> http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/breeds_a.cfm

Yeah absolutely, stunningly gorgeous, very intelligent and very active.
Lived with one for a while(flatmate's), was totally in love with it, and
heartbroken when moved out. I will definitly get one when I have my place.
Shame they dock their tails traditionally, please if you get one, find a
breeder that doesn;t allow tail docking.

Gee

Gee
April 14th 04, 07:34 AM
"Paul Gold" > wrote in message

> Despite the name an Australian Shepherd in an American breed.

Actually no. They are of Spanish origin. Judging by "Australian Shepard"
book by Joseph Hartnagle, "Australian Shepards were introduced to Australia
from the Basque region in the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France.
For luck of employment(sheep herding) in their own land, the Basque migrated
to other countries taking the dogs.They acquired the name as they arrived in
the USA with the boatloads of Australian sheep. This took place in early
1900s as the American wool market was rising" " The Prado museum in Madrid,
Spain houses paintings that ilustrates these dogs" At that time, sheep
hearding was a major economy in Spain and sheep dogs(Australian Shepards)
were legaly protected even then.

They
> weigh about 45lbs and look somewhat like a BorderCollie.
Great frisbee dogs and very smart like a Border Collie. For more info
> http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/breeds_a.cfm

Yeah absolutely, stunningly gorgeous, very intelligent and very active.
Lived with one for a while(flatmate's), was totally in love with it, and
heartbroken when moved out. I will definitly get one when I have my place.
Shame they dock their tails traditionally, please if you get one, find a
breeder that doesn;t allow tail docking.

Gee

Gee
April 14th 04, 07:38 AM
"Pooh Bear" > wrote in message

> Cat Protector wrote:
>
> > You are joking right? Most of the women I meet are dog lovers. I would
love
> > to find a woman who loves cats. Also I do not think of my cats as pets.
They
> > are family to me.
>
> A dog would of course consider *you* family.

Actually a part of the "pack". Yes, just like wolves, dogs are pack animals,
and like to live in a hierarchical group which is why they must know their
place in home, so they know weather they should lead or relax and follow.

Assuming it stopped to think of course.

With all due respect, how would you know what dog is thinking about. We
humans don;t speak nor understand any animal language. So really, we don;t
know what they think or why.

Gee

Gee
April 14th 04, 07:38 AM
"Pooh Bear" > wrote in message

> Cat Protector wrote:
>
> > You are joking right? Most of the women I meet are dog lovers. I would
love
> > to find a woman who loves cats. Also I do not think of my cats as pets.
They
> > are family to me.
>
> A dog would of course consider *you* family.

Actually a part of the "pack". Yes, just like wolves, dogs are pack animals,
and like to live in a hierarchical group which is why they must know their
place in home, so they know weather they should lead or relax and follow.

Assuming it stopped to think of course.

With all due respect, how would you know what dog is thinking about. We
humans don;t speak nor understand any animal language. So really, we don;t
know what they think or why.

Gee

Gee
April 14th 04, 07:54 AM
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In fact, I was
told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and unconditional love(so
generally what they don;t get from men) while men prefer cats and their
indipendence and aloofness (generally what they don;t get from women).

But let;s see if the logic can be found in your question:

Women work harder and have busy lives what will the day job, kids, house
chores, cooking, cleaning, ironing etc. We need rest. Cats don;t need much
looking after. They are easy to look after, unlike children,dogs and male
partners.

Dogs need much more attention, so since men mostly don;t do half of the
things women do,and have much more energy left at the end of the day, they
have more time/energy to dedicate to a dog. Plus men like physical
acitivities more, such as running around after a ball and playing games so
are ideal dog owners.

Just my 2 cents.
Gee

Gee
April 14th 04, 07:54 AM
"Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
> dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
> always exceptions.
>

> --
> Sheena

I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In fact, I was
told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and unconditional love(so
generally what they don;t get from men) while men prefer cats and their
indipendence and aloofness (generally what they don;t get from women).

But let;s see if the logic can be found in your question:

Women work harder and have busy lives what will the day job, kids, house
chores, cooking, cleaning, ironing etc. We need rest. Cats don;t need much
looking after. They are easy to look after, unlike children,dogs and male
partners.

Dogs need much more attention, so since men mostly don;t do half of the
things women do,and have much more energy left at the end of the day, they
have more time/energy to dedicate to a dog. Plus men like physical
acitivities more, such as running around after a ball and playing games so
are ideal dog owners.

Just my 2 cents.
Gee

L David Matheny
April 14th 04, 08:36 PM
"Gee" > wrote in message news:[email protected]

> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> > Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women,
> > where dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course,
> > there are always exceptions.
> >
> I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In
> fact, I was told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and
> unconditional love (so generally what they don't get from men)
> while men prefer cats and their independence and aloofness
> (generally what they don't get from women).

<snip>

Huh?? I've always thought that men understand dogs precisely
because they tend to share traits such as loyalty and unconditional
love, while women can identify more with cats because they share
aloofness and fickleness (which they prefer to call independence).

L David Matheny
April 14th 04, 08:36 PM
"Gee" > wrote in message news:[email protected]

> "Sheena Weston" > wrote in message
> > Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women,
> > where dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course,
> > there are always exceptions.
> >
> I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In
> fact, I was told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and
> unconditional love (so generally what they don't get from men)
> while men prefer cats and their independence and aloofness
> (generally what they don't get from women).

<snip>

Huh?? I've always thought that men understand dogs precisely
because they tend to share traits such as loyalty and unconditional
love, while women can identify more with cats because they share
aloofness and fickleness (which they prefer to call independence).

Cat Protector
April 14th 04, 09:27 PM
If that were true then why are there so many women that have dogs? Most of
the ones I meet have dogs or prefer them over cats.

"L David Matheny" > wrote in message
> Huh?? I've always thought that men understand dogs precisely
> because they tend to share traits such as loyalty and unconditional
> love, while women can identify more with cats because they share
> aloofness and fickleness (which they prefer to call independence).

Cat Protector
April 14th 04, 09:27 PM
If that were true then why are there so many women that have dogs? Most of
the ones I meet have dogs or prefer them over cats.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"L David Matheny" > wrote in message
> Huh?? I've always thought that men understand dogs precisely
> because they tend to share traits such as loyalty and unconditional
> love, while women can identify more with cats because they share
> aloofness and fickleness (which they prefer to call independence).

Tom Thornton
April 15th 04, 11:36 AM
Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate. And statistically more
people in the US have cats than dogs. I have never understood the bad
rap the kitty gets among some animal advocates.

Tom Thornton
April 15th 04, 11:36 AM
Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate. And statistically more
people in the US have cats than dogs. I have never understood the bad
rap the kitty gets among some animal advocates.

Gee
April 15th 04, 04:31 PM
"Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
om...
> Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate.

Absolutely. There are very few creatures as beautiful as cats are. As for
"affectionate" oh they can be, some more then the others. The key word is:
WHEN THEY WANT TO :) If the cat doesn;t want affection, you can buy it a
diamond colar, and it will still ignore you. I got 5 cats, I can vouch for
that :) My Tiara generaly want her scratch while I'm generaly typing some
important letter on my computer, so she just lies down on the keyboard and
rubs her head against my hand. However, if I'm about to lie down and watch
some TV and I pick her up and try and cuddle with her and scratch her, she
just looks at me like: "as if" :) Dogs on the other hand will generally be
only to happy to give you attention 24/7.

>And statistically more people in the US have cats than dogs.

Well I suppose the reason for that is more of the fact that cats are easier
to look after then dogs, rather then love or anything. I would love to have
a dog. But with the work commitments and my lifestyle, I can;t have one
right now, so cats fit me perfectly. Not that I love them any less, I jsut
desperately want a dog as well.

> I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal
advocates.

Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they don;t
really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
evil/nasty/mean... I rememeber when I got my first cat, my Nigerian friend
came over and totally freaked out. Eventually he admited that Nigerians
traditionally are scared of cats, as brought up with one of those silly
beliefs. He soon learned from me and my cat that cats are not that bad! In
contrary. In fact, I am proud to say that he wasn;t the only person whose
opinions my cats changed for them.

So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say, dont;
talk about it! (that's a message to this "animal advocates", not you Tom :)

Gee

Gee
April 15th 04, 04:31 PM
"Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
om...
> Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate.

Absolutely. There are very few creatures as beautiful as cats are. As for
"affectionate" oh they can be, some more then the others. The key word is:
WHEN THEY WANT TO :) If the cat doesn;t want affection, you can buy it a
diamond colar, and it will still ignore you. I got 5 cats, I can vouch for
that :) My Tiara generaly want her scratch while I'm generaly typing some
important letter on my computer, so she just lies down on the keyboard and
rubs her head against my hand. However, if I'm about to lie down and watch
some TV and I pick her up and try and cuddle with her and scratch her, she
just looks at me like: "as if" :) Dogs on the other hand will generally be
only to happy to give you attention 24/7.

>And statistically more people in the US have cats than dogs.

Well I suppose the reason for that is more of the fact that cats are easier
to look after then dogs, rather then love or anything. I would love to have
a dog. But with the work commitments and my lifestyle, I can;t have one
right now, so cats fit me perfectly. Not that I love them any less, I jsut
desperately want a dog as well.

> I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal
advocates.

Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they don;t
really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
evil/nasty/mean... I rememeber when I got my first cat, my Nigerian friend
came over and totally freaked out. Eventually he admited that Nigerians
traditionally are scared of cats, as brought up with one of those silly
beliefs. He soon learned from me and my cat that cats are not that bad! In
contrary. In fact, I am proud to say that he wasn;t the only person whose
opinions my cats changed for them.

So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say, dont;
talk about it! (that's a message to this "animal advocates", not you Tom :)

Gee

Susan Cohen
April 15th 04, 05:54 PM
"Gee" > wrote in message

> "Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
>
> > I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal
> advocates.
>
> Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they
don;t
> really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
> have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
> evil/nasty/mean...

With a good many people, it is the flaws of their own personality that cause
them to dislike cats.
Cats are *not* for people who want/need to dominate their pets.
*Those* people need to get a dog.

Susan

Susan Cohen
April 15th 04, 05:54 PM
"Gee" > wrote in message

> "Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
>
> > I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal
> advocates.
>
> Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they
don;t
> really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
> have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
> evil/nasty/mean...

With a good many people, it is the flaws of their own personality that cause
them to dislike cats.
Cats are *not* for people who want/need to dominate their pets.
*Those* people need to get a dog.

Susan

Cat Protector
April 15th 04, 08:26 PM
A cat is not an it.

"Gee" > wrote in message

> "Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate.
>
> Absolutely. There are very few creatures as beautiful as cats are. As for
> "affectionate" oh they can be, some more then the others. The key word is:
> WHEN THEY WANT TO :) If the cat doesn;t want affection, you can buy it a
> diamond colar, and it will still ignore you. I got 5 cats, I can vouch for
> that :) My Tiara generaly want her scratch while I'm generaly typing some
> important letter on my computer, so she just lies down on the keyboard and
> rubs her head against my hand. However, if I'm about to lie down and watch
> some TV and I pick her up and try and cuddle with her and scratch her, she
> just looks at me like: "as if" :) Dogs on the other hand will generally
be
> only to happy to give you attention 24/7.
>
> >And statistically more people in the US have cats than dogs.
>
> Well I suppose the reason for that is more of the fact that cats are
easier
> to look after then dogs, rather then love or anything. I would love to
have
> a dog. But with the work commitments and my lifestyle, I can;t have one
> right now, so cats fit me perfectly. Not that I love them any less, I jsut
> desperately want a dog as well.
>
> > I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal
> advocates.
>
> Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they
don;t
> really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
> have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
> evil/nasty/mean... I rememeber when I got my first cat, my Nigerian friend
> came over and totally freaked out. Eventually he admited that Nigerians
> traditionally are scared of cats, as brought up with one of those silly
> beliefs. He soon learned from me and my cat that cats are not that bad! In
> contrary. In fact, I am proud to say that he wasn;t the only person whose
> opinions my cats changed for them.
>
> So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say, dont;
> talk about it! (that's a message to this "animal advocates", not you Tom
:)

> Gee

Cat Protector
April 15th 04, 08:26 PM
A cat is not an it.

"Gee" > wrote in message

> "Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate.
>
> Absolutely. There are very few creatures as beautiful as cats are. As for
> "affectionate" oh they can be, some more then the others. The key word is:
> WHEN THEY WANT TO :) If the cat doesn;t want affection, you can buy it a
> diamond colar, and it will still ignore you. I got 5 cats, I can vouch for
> that :) My Tiara generaly want her scratch while I'm generaly typing some
> important letter on my computer, so she just lies down on the keyboard and
> rubs her head against my hand. However, if I'm about to lie down and watch
> some TV and I pick her up and try and cuddle with her and scratch her, she
> just looks at me like: "as if" :) Dogs on the other hand will generally
be
> only to happy to give you attention 24/7.
>
> >And statistically more people in the US have cats than dogs.
>
> Well I suppose the reason for that is more of the fact that cats are
easier
> to look after then dogs, rather then love or anything. I would love to
have
> a dog. But with the work commitments and my lifestyle, I can;t have one
> right now, so cats fit me perfectly. Not that I love them any less, I jsut
> desperately want a dog as well.
>
> > I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal
> advocates.
>
> Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they
don;t
> really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
> have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
> evil/nasty/mean... I rememeber when I got my first cat, my Nigerian friend
> came over and totally freaked out. Eventually he admited that Nigerians
> traditionally are scared of cats, as brought up with one of those silly
> beliefs. He soon learned from me and my cat that cats are not that bad! In
> contrary. In fact, I am proud to say that he wasn;t the only person whose
> opinions my cats changed for them.
>
> So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say, dont;
> talk about it! (that's a message to this "animal advocates", not you Tom
:)

> Gee

Bob Cain
April 16th 04, 12:07 AM
Cat Protector wrote:

> A cat is not an it.

Not under any circumstances?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain
April 16th 04, 12:07 AM
Cat Protector wrote:

> A cat is not an it.

Not under any circumstances?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Cat Protector
April 16th 04, 02:26 AM
No.

"Bob Cain" > wrote in message
> Not under any circumstances?
>

> Bob
> --
>
> "Things should be described as simply as possible, but no
> simpler."
>
> A. Einstein

Cat Protector
April 16th 04, 02:26 AM
No.

"Bob Cain" > wrote in message
> Not under any circumstances?
>

> Bob
> --
>
> "Things should be described as simply as possible, but no
> simpler."
>
> A. Einstein

Tom Thornton
April 16th 04, 02:54 AM
Oh yeah. The cat personality thing. Sometimes they make you work for
the affection. And they can get a bit contrary. But they are still
great!

Tom Thornton
April 16th 04, 02:54 AM
Oh yeah. The cat personality thing. Sometimes they make you work for
the affection. And they can get a bit contrary. But they are still
great!

Gee
April 16th 04, 03:11 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]

> > So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say,
dont;
> > talk about it! :)
> >
> > Gee

> A cat is not an it.

This was a general statement not applicable only to cats but to any subject
, object and/or creature in the world. And I was talking about the general
rule ( I said "just like with ANYTHING really"), so the word IT was the only
appropriatte choice when one is generalising. Again, I wasn;t talking only
about the cats.

Gee

Gee
April 16th 04, 03:11 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]

> > So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say,
dont;
> > talk about it! :)
> >
> > Gee

> A cat is not an it.

This was a general statement not applicable only to cats but to any subject
, object and/or creature in the world. And I was talking about the general
rule ( I said "just like with ANYTHING really"), so the word IT was the only
appropriatte choice when one is generalising. Again, I wasn;t talking only
about the cats.

Gee

Susan Cohen
April 16th 04, 04:24 PM
<equalizer> wrote in message

> I've never understood the term 'pet' in relation to cats, and dogs.
> They're family members, friends. To me, a pet is something you flush
> down the toilet when its time's up.

I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.

Susan

Susan Cohen
April 16th 04, 04:24 PM
<equalizer> wrote in message

> I've never understood the term 'pet' in relation to cats, and dogs.
> They're family members, friends. To me, a pet is something you flush
> down the toilet when its time's up.

I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.

Susan

TonyP
April 17th 04, 07:38 AM
"Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
om...
> Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate. And statistically more
> people in the US have cats than dogs. I have never understood the bad
> rap the kitty gets among some animal advocates.

I can. As a lover of both cats AND the birds (and other wildlife) that they
kill, feral cats are a problem, as well as many cat owners.

But why is this posted to Rec.audio.pro etc.?

TonyP.

TonyP
April 17th 04, 07:38 AM
"Tom Thornton" > wrote in message
om...
> Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate. And statistically more
> people in the US have cats than dogs. I have never understood the bad
> rap the kitty gets among some animal advocates.

I can. As a lover of both cats AND the birds (and other wildlife) that they
kill, feral cats are a problem, as well as many cat owners.

But why is this posted to Rec.audio.pro etc.?

TonyP.

sara
April 21st 04, 12:14 AM
<equalizer> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
> wrote:
>

> ><equalizer> wrote in message
> >>

> >> I've never understood the term 'pet' in relation to cats, and dogs.
> >> They're family members, friends. To me, a pet is something you flush
> >> down the toilet when its time's up.
> >
> >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
> >
> >Susan

'Pet' is a term which means an has been absolved from being eaten.
I love my cats....... :-)

> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?
>
> eq

sara
April 21st 04, 12:14 AM
<equalizer> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
> wrote:
>

> ><equalizer> wrote in message
> >>

> >> I've never understood the term 'pet' in relation to cats, and dogs.
> >> They're family members, friends. To me, a pet is something you flush
> >> down the toilet when its time's up.
> >
> >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
> >
> >Susan

'Pet' is a term which means an has been absolved from being eaten.
I love my cats....... :-)

> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?
>
> eq

Susan Cohen
April 21st 04, 07:25 AM
<equalizer> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
> wrote:
>

> ><equalizer> wrote in message
> >>

> >> I've never understood the term 'pet' in relation to cats, and dogs.
> >> They're family members, friends. To me, a pet is something you flush
> >> down the toilet when its time's up.
> >
> >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
> >
> >Susan
> >

> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?

Do you?

Susan

> eq

Susan Cohen
April 21st 04, 07:25 AM
<equalizer> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
> wrote:
>

> ><equalizer> wrote in message
> >>

> >> I've never understood the term 'pet' in relation to cats, and dogs.
> >> They're family members, friends. To me, a pet is something you flush
> >> down the toilet when its time's up.
> >
> >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
> >
> >Susan
> >

> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?

Do you?

Susan

> eq

Susan Cohen
April 21st 04, 07:25 AM
"sara" > wrote in message

> <equalizer> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
> > wrote:

> > >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
> > >
> > >Susan
>
> 'Pet' is a term which means an has been absolved from being eaten.

One of the first thing a farmer's child learns is NOT to name the
animals....

Susan

> I love my cats....... :-)

Susan Cohen
April 21st 04, 07:25 AM
"sara" > wrote in message

> <equalizer> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
> > wrote:

> > >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
> > >
> > >Susan
>
> 'Pet' is a term which means an has been absolved from being eaten.

One of the first thing a farmer's child learns is NOT to name the
animals....

Susan

> I love my cats....... :-)

equalizer
April 22nd 04, 05:52 PM
In article >, Susan Cohen says...

><equalizer> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
>> wrote:

>> >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
>> >
>> >Susan
>> >

>> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?
>
>Do you?
>
>Susan

touche..,..

eq

>> eq

equalizer
April 22nd 04, 05:52 PM
In article >, Susan Cohen says...

><equalizer> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:24:58 GMT, "Susan Cohen" >
>> wrote:

>> >I understand the word since "pet" is also a verb & what you do to pets.
>> >
>> >Susan
>> >

>> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?
>
>Do you?
>
>Susan

touche..,..

eq

>> eq

Susan Cohen
April 22nd 04, 06:43 PM
"equalizer" > wrote in message
> In article >, Susan Cohen
says...

> ><equalizer> wrote in message

> >> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?
> >
> >Do you?
> >
> >Susan
> >>

> touche..,..

In the spirit of such graciousness, I must admit that yours was funnier than
mine by far.

Susan

Susan Cohen
April 22nd 04, 06:43 PM
"equalizer" > wrote in message
> In article >, Susan Cohen
says...

> ><equalizer> wrote in message

> >> Do you understand the term "humor-impaired"?
> >
> >Do you?
> >
> >Susan
> >>

> touche..,..

In the spirit of such graciousness, I must admit that yours was funnier than
mine by far.

Susan

Frederick Shorts
June 29th 04, 05:21 AM
Susan Cohen wrote:

> "sara" > wrote in message
> >
> > <equalizer> wrote in message

> > 'Pet' is a term which means an has been absolved from being eaten.
>
> One of the first thing a farmer's child learns is NOT to name the
> animals....

So, how did youz get a name? Silly, fat cow.

> Susan
>
> > I love my cats....... :-)

I love pussy too butt I don't go braggin' about it all over Usenet.

--
Freddie D. 'fag' Shorts

I'm loud and I'm proud. I'm gay and I like it that way!
Another proud buttplug owner. Honk if yer horny!
I support Gay Pride! The Ramrod rocks! Kerry sux!

Wanna hire me for web site development? I'm way under-employed!
Contact me by email ) or mail me at
FS Newssite Inc.
101 West 23rd St. Suite 2237, New York, NY, 10011
On second thoughts, don't bother. Just sign me up for subscriptions.
I like to steal copyrighted material.

Check out my current web sites -
http://www.orwellian.org
http://www.miscstuff.org