PDA

View Full Version : A cat name Grumpy who no longer live up to her name

Bill Meredith
March 23rd 04, 07:29 AM
I had been amazed at the change of behavior of one of my cats, a small
female name Grumpy over the last year.

She been part of my household since her kitten-hood, around 1989 or
so.

Even those she enter the household willingly from outside, she always
shunned direct contact with her humans, keeping to herself and acting
very distrustful. When she used to pull back from allowing direct
contact, I used to tell her that if I or anyone else was going to hurt
her we would had done so by now.

In the last year all this had change 110 percent with her now seeking
out contact and even demanding combing and petting more then my other
cats.

It is now not uncommon for me to awaked to find her sleeping near me,
as a matter of fact.

I can’t get over this large change in her behavior so late in
her life cycle.

This is an amazing gift, that I am now allow to give her love, in her
last years. Cats are amazing.

Ted Davis
March 23rd 04, 03:11 PM
On 22 Mar 2004 23:29:01 -0800, (Bill Meredith) wrote:

>I had been amazed at the change of behavior of one of my cats, a small
>female name Grumpy over the last year.
>
>She been part of my household since her kitten-hood, around 1989 or
>so.
>
>Even those she enter the household willingly from outside, she always
>shunned direct contact with her humans, keeping to herself and acting
>very distrustful. When she used to pull back from allowing direct
>contact, I used to tell her that if I or anyone else was going to hurt
>her we would had done so by now.
>
>In the last year all this had change 110 percent with her now seeking
>out contact and even demanding combing and petting more then my other
>cats.
>
>It is now not uncommon for me to awaked to find her sleeping near me,
>as a matter of fact.
>
>I can’t get over this large change in her behavior so late in
>her life cycle.
>
>This is an amazing gift, that I am now allow to give her love, in her
>last years. Cats are amazing.

Here's another late change. The 9-10 year old neighborhood champion
mouser from across the road retired from being an outdoor cat last
winter. He also rehomed himself. He just moved in with my cats and
became a lap cat. Now instead of spending his time outdoors hunting,
he spends it sleeping on an overturned box fan in my living room.

That same neighbor's larger dog seems to be trying to move in with my
dogs too.

T.E.D. )