PDA

View Full Version : when a sanctuary is not

RedRiver35
March 23rd 04, 11:46 AM
ARC is not a legitimate sanctuary

Ladies and gentlemen:

I want to remind everyone just how IMPORTANT it is to research
The places you send your animals to.

http://www.io.com/~aware/KWfiles/DonorPledges.html

http://www.io.com/~aware/KWfiles/KWfiles-cats.html

Please take a look at this page. It is horrifying.

I have written emails to friends encouraging them to make small donations
so that there can be an end put to this continuing charade.

I have actually sent kitties to this place, believing that they were what they
said
They were during one of the very few times I was ever able to talk to them.

I have no idea what has happened to my precious babies that she promised to
Take such good care of. I have no idea if they went to a research lab, a dog
fight,
A hoarder, or if the kittens (about 5 months old) were set loose in the woods
Be eaten by wolves or to starve.

I gave them to her because she promised homes in the Angel Kitty program, which

I now realize does not exist, and probably never did. It was supposed to be
for placing
Feline leukemia positive kitties in loving homes.

Please help stop ARC in Midlothian, Texas. Tell all your friends and
associates about this nightmare of animal suffering and the 20 years of lies
and the growing number (I think she still gets animals from the local shelter)
of
innocent victims that this woman/group CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR.

So, again, if you send an animal to a rescue group, please
Check them out. I have found over time that this woman is very secretive, and
Gives little or no information on the whereabouts of the animals entrusted to
Her.

Please, if your shelter or rescue group or friends ever consider sending any
animals or money, especially
Animals, to ARC tell them to wait until we uncover the whereabouts of the
HUNDREDS of missing cats.

Sincerely,
Chelle

"The day may come when the rest of the animal creation may acquire those rights
which never could have been withholden from them but by the hand of tyranny.
The question is not can they REASON, nor can they TALK, but can they SUFFER?"
-- Jeremy Bentham

MaryL
March 23rd 04, 04:15 PM
"RedRiver35" > wrote in message
> ARC is not a legitimate sanctuary
>
> Ladies and gentlemen:
>
> I want to remind everyone just how IMPORTANT it is to research
> The places you send your animals to.
>
> http://www.io.com/~aware/KWfiles/DonorPledges.html
>
> http://www.io.com/~aware/KWfiles/KWfiles-cats.html
>
> Please take a look at this page. It is horrifying.
>
> I have written emails to friends encouraging them to make small donations
> so that there can be an end put to this continuing charade.
>
> I have actually sent kitties to this place, believing that they were what
they
> said
> They were during one of the very few times I was ever able to talk to
them.

> I have no idea what has happened to my precious babies that she promised
> Take such good care of. I have no idea if they went to a research lab, a
dog
> fight,
> A hoarder, or if the kittens (about 5 months old) were set loose in the
woods
> Be eaten by wolves or to starve.
>
> I gave them to her because she promised homes in the Angel Kitty program,
which

> I now realize does not exist, and probably never did. It was supposed to
be
> for placing
> Feline leukemia positive kitties in loving homes.
>

> Sincerely,
> Chelle

This is horrifying, if the information given here is correct. I have
written to a friend with many contacts among animal rescue groups in Texas
to see if any of them know anything about this situation. I will post the
information if I learn any more. In the meantime, I looked up Midlothian.
Here are a couple of links:

Departments, with phone numbers and e-mail (Animal Control is one of only
two departments that does not show e-mail):
http://www.midlothian.tx.us/page5.html

The city's "contact us" page: http://www.midlothian.tx.us/page8.html

City Council (very slow to load): http://www.midlothian.tx.us/page2.html

MaryL