PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats have nicknames?

Sandy
April 2nd 04, 06:28 AM
I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up being
called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and Powerful
Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"

My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!

Pics at (do the math)
--
Do the math to email me directly.

Kristine Kochanski
April 2nd 04, 11:03 AM
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 05:28:19 GMT, "Sandy"
> wrote:

>I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
>wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up being
>called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
>Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and Powerful
>Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"

Heheh, I call one of mine Monkey 'cos she's always climbing things
and thinks she can leap from curtain to curtain to shelf! Otherwise
they're called 'cutie pie', 'poppet', or 'cheeky face'. Heh.

Kristine Kochanski
April 2nd 04, 11:03 AM
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 05:28:19 GMT, "Sandy"
> wrote:

>I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
>wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up being
>called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
>Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and Powerful
>Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"

Heheh, I call one of mine Monkey 'cos she's always climbing things
and thinks she can leap from curtain to curtain to shelf! Otherwise
they're called 'cutie pie', 'poppet', or 'cheeky face'. Heh.

Cat Protector
April 2nd 04, 05:47 PM
Well I have been known to call Isis the following: The Queen, Queen Isis,
Your Majesty, and My Little Black Panther. Jade on other hand has been
called Tiger Stripes, Princess Jade and the Jade Dragon.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Sandy" > wrote in message
. com...
> I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
> called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
> Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
> Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
> My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
> started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
> variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
> there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
> Pics at (do the math)
> --
> Do the math to email me directly.

Cat Protector
April 2nd 04, 05:47 PM
Well I have been known to call Isis the following: The Queen, Queen Isis,
Your Majesty, and My Little Black Panther. Jade on other hand has been
called Tiger Stripes, Princess Jade and the Jade Dragon.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Sandy" > wrote in message
. com...
> I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
> called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
> Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
> Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
> My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
> started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
> variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
> there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
> Pics at (do the math)
> --
> Do the math to email me directly.

MIKE
April 2nd 04, 07:14 PM
Amber is frequently called "sweetie pie" and Tiger is "Tige". I don't
want to know what they call me!

-MIKE

MIKE
April 2nd 04, 07:14 PM
Amber is frequently called "sweetie pie" and Tiger is "Tige". I don't
want to know what they call me!

-MIKE

Tracy
April 3rd 04, 03:22 AM
I shouldn't be admitting this in public, but while technically their
names are Callie and Flower (for the skunk-like longhaired tuxedo) -
most of the time they are addressed as - respectively - Boopie and
Cutie. What scares me is they are starting to answer to these as well
as their formal names.

What have I done?????? :>

Tracy
April 3rd 04, 03:22 AM
I shouldn't be admitting this in public, but while technically their
names are Callie and Flower (for the skunk-like longhaired tuxedo) -
most of the time they are addressed as - respectively - Boopie and
Cutie. What scares me is they are starting to answer to these as well
as their formal names.

What have I done?????? :>

Kalyahna
April 3rd 04, 05:12 AM
"Sandy" > wrote in message
. com...
> I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
> called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
> Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
> Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
> My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
> started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
> variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
> there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
> Pics at (do the math)
> --
> Do the math to email me directly.

Yup. Pandora is "brat." Persephone is "purrt," which is just that chirping
sort of noise she makes, but she answers to it. And Peaches... hasn't
acquired a nickname yet beyond the basic shortening of her own name. I've
had her for a year, and she doesn't have a nickname... but the foster I've
had for two months is named Molly, and her nickname is "Bug." Hmmmm... I
think I'll call Peaches "peabody," as she pees on any clothing left on the
floor.

Kalyahna
April 3rd 04, 05:12 AM
"Sandy" > wrote in message
. com...
> I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
> called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
> Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
> Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
> My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
> started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
> variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
> there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
> Pics at (do the math)
> --
> Do the math to email me directly.

Yup. Pandora is "brat." Persephone is "purrt," which is just that chirping
sort of noise she makes, but she answers to it. And Peaches... hasn't
acquired a nickname yet beyond the basic shortening of her own name. I've
had her for a year, and she doesn't have a nickname... but the foster I've
had for two months is named Molly, and her nickname is "Bug." Hmmmm... I
think I'll call Peaches "peabody," as she pees on any clothing left on the
floor.

Denise Clere
April 4th 04, 01:12 PM
sometimes i'll call Maggie,"Mags","Maggiecat",or"goofy-girl"
"Sandy" > wrote in message
. com...
> I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
> called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
> Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
> Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
> My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
> started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
> variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
> there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
> Pics at (do the math)
> --
> Do the math to email me directly.

Denise Clere
April 4th 04, 01:12 PM
sometimes i'll call Maggie,"Mags","Maggiecat",or"goofy-girl"
"Sandy" > wrote in message
. com...
> I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
> called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
> Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
> Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
> My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
> started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
> variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
> there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
> Pics at (do the math)
> --
> Do the math to email me directly.

Fat Freddy
April 4th 04, 04:44 PM
> > I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> > wondering if anyone else does the same.

We once had a cat named "Thadam". He originally had another name, but
my grandmother, who was living with us, and wasn't exactly a cat lover
always called him "the damned cat". My little sister, who was just
learning to talk, thought that was his name so thats who he became.

Fat Freddy
April 4th 04, 04:44 PM
> > I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
> > wondering if anyone else does the same.

We once had a cat named "Thadam". He originally had another name, but
my grandmother, who was living with us, and wasn't exactly a cat lover
always called him "the damned cat". My little sister, who was just
learning to talk, thought that was his name so thats who he became.

Vicki Harding
April 5th 04, 08:53 AM
My cat, Katie, I call Katiebug or Lovebug... simply because she lives/loves
to bug me!
My cat, Kohl, I call BigFatGrayCat or Gordo Gato (Fat Cat)... simply
because she is! ;)

Sandy wrote in message ...
>I usually call my cats something other than their actual name, and I was
>wondering if anyone else does the same. My female cats usually end up
being
>called "Sweetie", although one was occasionally called "The Great and
>Powerful Jennifer" -- as in, "I don't care if you ARE the Great and
Powerful
>Jennifer, you can't have my steak!"
>
>My current boy cat, Sundance, usually gets called "Little Guy." That
>started when he really was little, but it stuck. Now he gets called
>variants of that, such as Pesky Guy, Cutie Guy, and Purry Guy. Of course,
>there's the good old standby, "Little Pest"!
>
>Pics at (do the math)
>--
>Do the math to email me directly.

Luvskats00
April 6th 04, 02:08 AM
My adopted 6 year old girl was Nellie (as in nervous nellie..and she was). I
didn't want to confuse her, but wanted to add a name..so she became Nellie
Isabella: Nellie Bellie, Nella Bella, Vanilla Bella, Nella Girl, Isabella
Nella...and Princess Nella.

Luvskats00
April 6th 04, 02:08 AM
My adopted 6 year old girl was Nellie (as in nervous nellie..and she was). I
didn't want to confuse her, but wanted to add a name..so she became Nellie
Isabella: Nellie Bellie, Nella Bella, Vanilla Bella, Nella Girl, Isabella
Nella...and Princess Nella.

Luvskats00
April 6th 04, 02:09 AM
My Sammy is Sammy Jules (he is a jewel), Mr. Sams, King Boy and Samuel.

Luvskats00
April 6th 04, 02:09 AM
My Sammy is Sammy Jules (he is a jewel), Mr. Sams, King Boy and Samuel.

Tara Wallace
April 6th 04, 05:46 AM
My cats have so many nicknames, I resuced them both when they were very
young, and as they have grown their nicknames have tended to ggrow with
them, My oldest a 5 year old red maine coon, is named from Shakespear's
Romeo and Juiliet, Tybalt a Capulet Prince of Cats, affectionatley shrtened
to Tibbie, Prince Tyb etc, then there are the more descriptive nicknames my
daughters have given him such as fluffy butt...The newest addition to our
family is Chevy, he is a striped tabby, that Tybalt actually found abandoned
in our back alley, his nicknames lean towards automobile slogans, like
nothing runs like a Chevy, etc.

"Luvskats00" > wrote in message
> My adopted 6 year old girl was Nellie (as in nervous nellie..and she was).
> didn't want to confuse her, but wanted to add a name..so she became Nellie
> Isabella: Nellie Bellie, Nella Bella, Vanilla Bella, Nella Girl, Isabella
> Nella...and Princess Nella.

---

Tara Wallace
April 6th 04, 05:46 AM
My cats have so many nicknames, I resuced them both when they were very
young, and as they have grown their nicknames have tended to ggrow with
them, My oldest a 5 year old red maine coon, is named from Shakespear's
Romeo and Juiliet, Tybalt a Capulet Prince of Cats, affectionatley shrtened
to Tibbie, Prince Tyb etc, then there are the more descriptive nicknames my
daughters have given him such as fluffy butt...The newest addition to our
family is Chevy, he is a striped tabby, that Tybalt actually found abandoned
in our back alley, his nicknames lean towards automobile slogans, like
nothing runs like a Chevy, etc.

"Luvskats00" > wrote in message
> My adopted 6 year old girl was Nellie (as in nervous nellie..and she was).
> didn't want to confuse her, but wanted to add a name..so she became Nellie
> Isabella: Nellie Bellie, Nella Bella, Vanilla Bella, Nella Girl, Isabella
> Nella...and Princess Nella.

---

queenbee
April 9th 04, 07:49 PM
Do they ever! My cat Charley is often referred to as Senator, Monkey Pants
or Cheese Monkey Pants, and Chuck (at least that last one makes sense). My
other cat,Thurston, is referred to as Thurstonator, Purrsonator, and
Purrson.

queenbee
April 9th 04, 07:49 PM
Do they ever! My cat Charley is often referred to as Senator, Monkey Pants
or Cheese Monkey Pants, and Chuck (at least that last one makes sense). My
other cat,Thurston, is referred to as Thurstonator, Purrsonator, and
Purrson.

Stefan
April 9th 04, 10:56 PM
My cat Frankie often gets called "Franklin" and "Frankenstein".

"queenbee" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> Do they ever! My cat Charley is often referred to as Senator, Monkey Pants
> or Cheese Monkey Pants, and Chuck (at least that last one makes sense). My
> other cat,Thurston, is referred to as Thurstonator, Purrsonator, and
> Purrson.

Stefan
April 9th 04, 10:56 PM
My cat Frankie often gets called "Franklin" and "Frankenstein".

"queenbee" > wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
> Do they ever! My cat Charley is often referred to as Senator, Monkey Pants
> or Cheese Monkey Pants, and Chuck (at least that last one makes sense). My
> other cat,Thurston, is referred to as Thurstonator, Purrsonator, and
> Purrson.

Fr0m My Petz and I
April 9th 04, 10:57 PM
Yes I have 5 cats total and 3 of them have nick names. My female black
cat's real name is Midnight but I call her Princess or tell her she's
one. My other cat's named Nature-boy but my husband calls him Bozo &
finally the youngest and the last of my cats is named Miss Parker but we
call her Stink Ass because she'll drive you out of your own house once
she's finished in the litter box