PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever let their Ragdoll cats out?

Priss
April 15th 04, 05:34 AM
I've been told to keep them in... they cry to go out all the time so I
let them out... Anyone do the same thing? If so, do they get any
problems outside??

Priss

kaeli
April 15th 04, 04:12 PM
In article >, priss_uk_
enlightened us with...
> I've been told to keep them in... they cry to go out all the time so I
> let them out... Anyone do the same thing? If so, do they get any
> problems outside??

They are defenseless outside. Any predator could kill them, including
stray dogs and other cats.
If they want to go out, leash train them and go with or get a safe
enclosure for your garden.

Obviously, UKers have a lot less natural predator problems than the US,
but it only takes one hungry stray dog to decide your cat looks like a
nice meal. Most (if not all) Ragdolls go limp when picked up. Bye bye
kitty.

~kaeli~
Murphy's Law #3020: Quality assurance doesn't.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
April 15th 04, 04:12 PM
In article >, priss_uk_
enlightened us with...
> I've been told to keep them in... they cry to go out all the time so I
> let them out... Anyone do the same thing? If so, do they get any
> problems outside??

They are defenseless outside. Any predator could kill them, including
stray dogs and other cats.
If they want to go out, leash train them and go with or get a safe
enclosure for your garden.

Obviously, UKers have a lot less natural predator problems than the US,
but it only takes one hungry stray dog to decide your cat looks like a
nice meal. Most (if not all) Ragdolls go limp when picked up. Bye bye
kitty.

~kaeli~
Murphy's Law #3020: Quality assurance doesn't.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

~*Connie*~
April 17th 04, 11:56 PM
I would recommend a cat enclosure. there are several manufactures of cat
proof fencing, but there are still dangers with that of things getting in.
a fully enclosed room made of chicken wire is what I use.. three of the five
love it. #4 is too old to get to the window to get out into it. and #5 is
just a big baby and is scared of everything. infact except for pictures,
people don't believe I have five cats cause they never see him :)

"Priss" > wrote in message
m...
> I've been told to keep them in... they cry to go out all the time so I
> let them out... Anyone do the same thing? If so, do they get any
> problems outside??
>
> Priss

Loves_to_read
April 20th 04, 02:48 AM
Connie wrote:
>I would recommend a cat enclosure. there are several >manufactures of cat
>proof fencing, but there are still dangers with that of >things getting in.
>a fully enclosed room made of chicken wire is what I >use.

We were fortunate to have a deck already built for our house off of the
kitchen. We enclosed it with white plastic lathe and put a fiberglass roof
on top. Doors with locks were also made from the lathe. Now, my kitties
have a huge room into which they can go outside. When it's sunny, I can
hardly get them to even come inside the house. They love it and I know they
are safe.
Penny

Loves_to_read
April 20th 04, 02:48 AM
Connie wrote:
>I would recommend a cat enclosure. there are several >manufactures of cat
>proof fencing, but there are still dangers with that of >things getting in.
>a fully enclosed room made of chicken wire is what I >use.

We were fortunate to have a deck already built for our house off of the
kitchen. We enclosed it with white plastic lathe and put a fiberglass roof
on top. Doors with locks were also made from the lathe. Now, my kitties
have a huge room into which they can go outside. When it's sunny, I can
hardly get them to even come inside the house. They love it and I know they
are safe.
Penny

Cat Protector
April 20th 04, 03:54 AM
My cats only go outside under close supervision. They are indoor cats.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com