PDA

View Full Version : Re: I need a name for my cat. :)

Sandy
April 15th 04, 06:14 AM
> wrote in message
> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
> pepsi

I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
got asked where Dickory was!

Kristine Kochanski
April 15th 04, 10:01 AM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
>> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
>> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
>> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
>> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
>> pepsi
>
>I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
>was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
>for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
>hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
>got asked where Dickory was!

LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)

Kristine Kochanski
April 15th 04, 10:01 AM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
>> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
>> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
>> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
>> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
>> pepsi
>
>I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
>was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
>for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
>hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
>got asked where Dickory was!

LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)

Penelope Baker
April 16th 04, 12:12 AM
"Sandy" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
>> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
>> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
>> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
>> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
>> pepsi
>
> I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining.
> was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
> for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
> the
> hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
> got asked where Dickory was!

I would have *had* to get the third cat....my obsessive compulsive side
would have made it happen :P

--
Peace,
Pen

Penelope Baker
April 16th 04, 12:12 AM
"Sandy" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
>> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
>> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
>> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
>> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
>> pepsi
>
> I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining.
> was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
> for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
> the
> hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
> got asked where Dickory was!

I would have *had* to get the third cat....my obsessive compulsive side
would have made it happen :P

--
Peace,
Pen
--
Pawbreakers - The Candy for Cats!
http://www.pawbreakers.com

m. L. Briggs
April 16th 04, 07:00 PM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:25 +0100, Kristine Kochanski
> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
>>> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
>>> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
>>> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
>>> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
>>> pepsi
>>
>>I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
>>was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
>>for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
>>hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
>>got asked where Dickory was!
>
>LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
>tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)

For instance -- what can you tell? MLB

m. L. Briggs
April 16th 04, 07:00 PM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:25 +0100, Kristine Kochanski
> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
>>> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
>>> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
>>> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
>>> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
>>> pepsi
>>
>>I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining. I
>>was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
>>for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after the
>>hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I always
>>got asked where Dickory was!
>
>LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
>tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)

For instance -- what can you tell? MLB

Kristine Kochanski
April 16th 04, 07:06 PM
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:00:09 -0600, m. L. Briggs >
wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:25 +0100, Kristine Kochanski
> wrote:
>>LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
>>tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)
>
>For instance -- what can you tell? MLB

Their favourite TV/Fflm characters, musicians, poets, writers,
historical heros, even political leanings. If they opt for plain old
Fluffy or Sooty they're probably quite plain in other areas! Not many
of them though. You ask any pet owner why their cat/dog/fish is called
what it is and there's *always* a story behind it ;o)

wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:25 +0100, Kristine Kochanski
> wrote:
>>LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
>>tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)
>
>For instance -- what can you tell? MLB

Their favourite TV/Fflm characters, musicians, poets, writers,
historical heros, even political leanings. If they opt for plain old
Fluffy or Sooty they're probably quite plain in other areas! Not many
of them though. You ask any pet owner why their cat/dog/fish is called
what it is and there's *always* a story behind it ;o)

Just Me
April 16th 04, 07:17 PM
> I needed a name to go along with that
> >for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
the
> >hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I
always
> >got asked where Dickory was!

LOL,

My children (the bald ones not the furry ones) are called Tom and Harry,
several people asked if we were planning to have a 3rd and call it Dick.

My cats are:

Murphy - after Murphy's Irish stout as he's all black and DH was drinking
Murphy's when we were choosing a name.

Tabitha - A tabby cat that we got on halloween and is partly named for
Tabitha from bewitched and partly for her "Tabby-fur"

And McGonagall - after the teacher who transforms into a cat in Harry
Potter.

Jane

Just Me
April 16th 04, 07:17 PM
> I needed a name to go along with that
> >for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
the
> >hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I
always
> >got asked where Dickory was!

LOL,

My children (the bald ones not the furry ones) are called Tom and Harry,
several people asked if we were planning to have a 3rd and call it Dick.

My cats are:

Murphy - after Murphy's Irish stout as he's all black and DH was drinking
Murphy's when we were choosing a name.

Tabitha - A tabby cat that we got on halloween and is partly named for
Tabitha from bewitched and partly for her "Tabby-fur"

And McGonagall - after the teacher who transforms into a cat in Harry
Potter.

Jane

Sylvia M.
April 18th 04, 02:19 AM
"Kristine Kochanski" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> > wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> >> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
> >> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
> >> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
> >> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
> >> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
> >> pepsi
> >
> >I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining.
> >was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
> >for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
the
> >hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I
always
> >got asked where Dickory was!
>
> LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
> tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)

DynaMite says more about my cat than about me.

Sylvia M.
April 18th 04, 02:19 AM
"Kristine Kochanski" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> > wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> >> When you said her colors, I immediately thought of Halloween. Is
> >> there a Halloween word that describes her, like pumpkin?
> >> My cat's name is Freddy because he was found in a grocery store by
> >> that name. I like names that fit a cat's look or personality or, in
> >> Fred's case, have a story behind them.
> >> pepsi
> >
> >I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The Shining.
> >was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with that
> >for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory, after
the
> >hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I
always
> >got asked where Dickory was!
>
> LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
> tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)

DynaMite says more about my cat than about me.

Kim
April 18th 04, 03:07 AM
I picked Brio's name by visiting www.thesaurus.com and entering words that
described her character like lively, animated, etc. I'm really happy with
the name I chose... it suits her to a T. Somebody said to me once "it's
short, but it's long... breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo." 8-)

"Sylvia M." > wrote in message

> "Kristine Kochanski" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:14:26 GMT, "Sandy"
> > > wrote:

> > >I had a cat named Doc who was named after the little boy in The
Shining.
> > >was reading it when I got the cat. I needed a name to go along with
that
> > >for the female I adopted at the same time, and she became Hickory,
after
> the
> > >hickory nuts we had where I grew up. Hickory... Doc -- of course I
> always
> > >got asked where Dickory was!
> >
> > LOL! I'm always fascinated by what people call their pets - you can
> > tell a lot about someone from their pets' names :o)
> >
> DynaMite says more about my cat than about me.

MIKE
April 19th 04, 07:23 PM
My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
Tango, Tacet, Viola.

-MIKE

MIKE
April 19th 04, 07:23 PM
My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
Tango, Tacet, Viola.

-MIKE

Tina Laitinen
April 19th 04, 10:03 PM
"MIKE" > wrote in message
> My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
> more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
> connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
> Tango, Tacet, Viola.
>

> -MIKE

My Husband called our first one Tubes. I have no idea why. My Best friend
said thank god you don't have children otherwise they'd be called underwear
or something like that.

Tina

Tina Laitinen
April 19th 04, 10:03 PM
"MIKE" > wrote in message
> My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
> more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
> connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
> Tango, Tacet, Viola.
>

> -MIKE

My Husband called our first one Tubes. I have no idea why. My Best friend
said thank god you don't have children otherwise they'd be called underwear
or something like that.

Tina

Kim
April 20th 04, 12:57 AM
Maybe your husband like the band "Tubes" 8-)

"Tina Laitinen" > wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...

> "MIKE" > wrote in message
> > My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
> > more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
> > connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
> > Tango, Tacet, Viola.
> >

> > -MIKE
> >

> My Husband called our first one Tubes. I have no idea why. My Best
friend
> said thank god you don't have children otherwise they'd be called
underwear
> or something like that.
>
> Tina

Kim
April 20th 04, 12:57 AM
Maybe your husband like the band "Tubes" 8-)

"Tina Laitinen" > wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...

> "MIKE" > wrote in message
> > My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
> > more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
> > connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
> > Tango, Tacet, Viola.
> >

> > -MIKE
> >

> My Husband called our first one Tubes. I have no idea why. My Best
friend
> said thank god you don't have children otherwise they'd be called
underwear
> or something like that.
>
> Tina

Bob Edwards
April 25th 04, 05:30 PM
(MIKE) wrote in message >...
> My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
> more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
> connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
> Tango, Tacet, Viola.
>

> -MIKE

I'd be tempted to name one after an "industrial" band -- sound of
things falling, smashing, and breaking....!

One of my cats, a black-dominant Tortie, is named "Guinness" because
her fur looks just like the creamy head on a glass of ale.

Bob Edwards
April 25th 04, 05:30 PM
(MIKE) wrote in message >...
> My two are named Tiger and Amber but if I get another cat, I will use
> more imagination. I love music so I would probably choose a name
> connected with music. Some possibilities -Allegro, Presto, Rondo,
> Tango, Tacet, Viola.
>

> -MIKE

I'd be tempted to name one after an "industrial" band -- sound of
things falling, smashing, and breaking....!

One of my cats, a black-dominant Tortie, is named "Guinness" because
her fur looks just like the creamy head on a glass of ale.

Luvskats00
May 2nd 04, 10:33 AM
Actually, it hardly ever works (for me, anyway) to prename a pet. Usually we
have to watch how our new friend interacts with us...what kind of personality
he/she has..etc.