PDA

View Full Version : Black Cats...unique from any other cat...a personal story

Emilia
May 1st 04, 06:34 PM
I recently rescued a black cat (I call him Voodoo). He was about 2-3
weeks old when I found him and is now 7 months old. I have always had
a cat or cats in my life since I was a small child and have had all
colors, types etc. This is my first black cat and, although all cats
are unique, Voodoo is especially unique. In response to an earlier
message posted regarding black cats.. he is the most VOCAL, most
Aggressive, most Expressive, most fearless, and least "skittish" cat
I have ever had or have met. His survival and healing qualities have
also far exceeded any cat that I, or our Veterinarian, has ever
witnessed. Near death when he came to me, starving, multiple
infections, and too weak to eat or drink..he "yelled" loud enough
and long enough for a passerby to hear him from the street. (She
found him in a dumpster @ 100 yards from the road.) Of course she
brings him to me (I am convinced there is sign above my house that
says "bring all homeless creatures here". I took him to the Vet in
the morning and he gave little (then nameless) Voodoo a poor chance
for survival. Needless to say, he survived..with flying colors. In
the first few months he also contracted the worst case of ringworm
our Vet had ever seen, which cleared up in less than 2 weeks, and
contracted a Kidney disease which resulted in 75% kidney failure.
The Kidney failure was the last straw, thought our Vet, because his
little body had just been put through the ringer one too many times.
Au Contraire.. Voodoo responsed instantly to the medication and was
back to 150% in less than a week. All in all.. he is a survivor. If
cats have nine lives... then Voodoo (and perhaps all black cats) has
10 times that. FYI he is solid black from head to toe with bright
yellow eyes that occasionally change to a neon green. About 2 weeks
ago he grew one white wisker...which remains as his only non black
spot on his body. I never thought that his uniqueness could be
equated with his black color, but after reading some of the messages
regarding other black cats I am inclined to believe there is some
relevance to this theory. Regardless, he is unique- Magical and
Lucky, and I am forever grateful to have him in my life.

m. L. Briggs
May 2nd 04, 01:38 AM
On 1 May 2004 10:34:16 -0700, (Emilia) wrote:

>I recently rescued a black cat (I call him Voodoo). He was about 2-3
>weeks old when I found him and is now 7 months old. I have always had
>a cat or cats in my life since I was a small child and have had all
>colors, types etc. This is my first black cat and, although all cats
>are unique, Voodoo is especially unique. In response to an earlier
>message posted regarding black cats.. he is the most VOCAL, most
>Aggressive, most Expressive, most fearless, and least "skittish" cat
>I have ever had or have met. His survival and healing qualities have
> also far exceeded any cat that I, or our Veterinarian, has ever
>witnessed. Near death when he came to me, starving, multiple
>infections, and too weak to eat or drink..he "yelled" loud enough
>and long enough for a passerby to hear him from the street. (She
>found him in a dumpster @ 100 yards from the road.) Of course she
>brings him to me (I am convinced there is sign above my house that
>says "bring all homeless creatures here". I took him to the Vet in
>the morning and he gave little (then nameless) Voodoo a poor chance
>for survival. Needless to say, he survived..with flying colors. In
>the first few months he also contracted the worst case of ringworm
>our Vet had ever seen, which cleared up in less than 2 weeks, and
>contracted a Kidney disease which resulted in 75% kidney failure.
>The Kidney failure was the last straw, thought our Vet, because his
>little body had just been put through the ringer one too many times.
>Au Contraire.. Voodoo responsed instantly to the medication and was
>back to 150% in less than a week. All in all.. he is a survivor. If
>cats have nine lives... then Voodoo (and perhaps all black cats) has
>10 times that. FYI he is solid black from head to toe with bright
>yellow eyes that occasionally change to a neon green. About 2 weeks
>ago he grew one white wisker...which remains as his only non black
>spot on his body. I never thought that his uniqueness could be
>equated with his black color, but after reading some of the messages
>regarding other black cats I am inclined to believe there is some
>relevance to this theory. Regardless, he is unique- Magical and
>Lucky, and I am forever grateful to have him in my life.

Sending lots of purrs for Voodoo to live a long, healthy and magical
life. MLB