PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Hawaii and need TEMP foster home for cat

Susan
May 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
We have a 4 year old long haired tabby that we rescued. Because he
doesn't have a medical history (that we know of) we haven't had him
long enough for him to have had 2 rabies shots, 90 days apart AND 90
days prior to arriving in Hawaii. We are moving the end of July and
he can't join us until the end of September - unless he goes into the
state quarantine for up to 90 days. We can't stand that idea!

We live in Anchorage, AK and are looking for someone in the area to
take him in, only for the time it takes to qualify for the 5
day-or-less quarantine. Any help would be appreciated!!

Luvskats00
May 2nd 04, 10:26 AM
Bless you for taking the time to try to choose the quarantine that takes less
time. Have you contacted local rescue groups? Some stores (like Petco) work
with such group and may be able to give you a phone #. It might also help if
you sponsor the foster plus a little extra incentive.

You might also scan petfinder.com (or petfinder.com) for rescue groups in your
area..they might be listed..usually a phone # or email address would be listed.
Good luck.

Luvskats00
May 2nd 04, 10:26 AM
Bless you for taking the time to try to choose the quarantine that takes less
time. Have you contacted local rescue groups? Some stores (like Petco) work
with such group and may be able to give you a phone #. It might also help if
you sponsor the foster plus a little extra incentive.

You might also scan petfinder.com (or petfinder.com) for rescue groups in your
area..they might be listed..usually a phone # or email address would be listed.
Good luck.

Susan
May 2nd 04, 11:40 PM
Thanks, I have been looking into those as well. I haven't begun to
panic, yet. Thanks for your words..