PDA

View Full Version : scratchin post type?

muffin
May 3rd 04, 05:20 AM
I see these very expensive scratching posts at Petsmart.

I was thinking of making a scratchin post.

Does carpet really provide a scratching post for the cats? These things
they sell look like fun toys for the cat but do they really provide a
scrathin post. I thought they do that to sharpen and clean their claws.
Would a soft wooden post be a better choice? I dont see any made of just
wood. Some had rope wrapped around which seemed a better idea the carpet.

Your thoughts appreciated.

TY

metromax
May 9th 04, 03:42 AM
i wrote you in the other board. dif. cats like dif materials; most cats
dont like the fluffy carpet stuff, prefer a soft wood post or sisal. great
if you give kitty a choice if you're making it. some areas wrapped w/
sisal rope.

make sure it's tall enough for a full stretch.