PDA

View Full Version : Your Daughters Boyfriend

James Marz
May 7th 04, 04:53 PM
What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?

This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.

<start article>

It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.

It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.

Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
ages 8 and 3.

Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.

Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.

Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.

"They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."

Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.

Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.

Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.

She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
Baker, who hovered nearby.

Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.

Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.

Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
his behalf.

<end article>

Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

James Marz

For full article
http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Craig Petersen
May 7th 04, 06:49 PM
James Marz wrote:

> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?

<rant>
Personally I would treat this dickless piece of **** in the same manner.
What would happen to me would be irrevelant, as long as I had the
satisfaction beating the **** out of a sadistic animal abuser. Animal
abusers are PUSSYS, they pick on the most defenseless beings on the
planet, they cannot contribute ANYTHING usefull to society. If I seem a
bit extreme it's because most, if not ALL animal abusers get nothing
more than an insulting slap on the wrist.

I don't consider pets to be "property" or "things to be owned", that's
what your DVD and or TV are for. Animals are beings, just like you and
me. They are just unfortunate enough to be born on a planet that is
populated by a bunch of sadistic cannibals (AKA Man). If you have pets
you are their GUARDIAN ( you don't OWN them anymore that you would OWN
your children ), and are 100% responsible for their well being.
</rant>

James Marz wrote:

> [...]

> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

Cat Protector
May 7th 04, 07:24 PM
This was very hard to read and I really was trying to hold back on my tears
as it is hard to write after seeing the posting and the article. If I knew
someone who did this to cats he'd be breathing through a tube in the
hospital. The worst thing about this is not only did he beat these cats and
abuse them severely but his girlfriend is standing by him. Thus apparently
she supports the abuse. She also did nothing when these cats were being
tortured by her boyfriend. These cats feared him when he walked in the room.
But just like a lovestruck teenager she'll ignore the warning signs and
stick with this guy. I also have to wonder where the parents of this girl
are in all this. They share in the abuse of those cats by not doing anything
and not saying no to a guy who moves into their house to be with their
teenage daughter. I think besides the boyfriend, the girl and her family
should be on the hook for not stopping this guy. They said the guy seemed
friendly but clearly the cats didn't like him. The cats were warning them
this guy was not on the level but they didn't listen.

This guy should never have been allowed to move into the house let alone be
with a 17 year old girl. The prosecuting attorney in this case certainly
seems reluctant to prosecute since he stated "You certainly can't equate
this to crimes against children, where the victims are also defenseless. But
these are creatures we have in our homes to keep us company and entertain
us." This is a typical answer from a reluctant prosecutor who will probably
not do much to prosecute and fight for a conviction. He also makes it sound
like cats are property which they aren't. They are living, breathing
creatures with feelings, a heart, a mind, and a soul. To equate them to
being property means that humans own them and thus can do what they want. In
fact this prosecutor is saying ok to animal abuse. The worst thing is the
judge will listen to the prosecutor and still let the animal abuser off.

The justice system fails to punish those who abuse animals. In fact, most of
the time they'll just let the abuser get off with a slight fine and maybe
not allow them to have animals around which you know will not stop the
abuse. As the long as the justice system lets animal abusers get away with
light sentences they'll keep up the abuse. They need to not only strengthen
the laws against animal abuse but they need a get tough stance in courts. As
for this guy who tortured the cats I would love to see him put through the
same torture! He deserves it.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Craig Petersen" > wrote in message
> [...]

> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
> >
> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
> >
> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
> >
> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
> >
> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
> >
> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
> >
> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> > his behalf.
> >
> > <end article>
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

May 7th 04, 07:32 PM
[...]

My heart goes out to those cats that were the victims and hopefully they got
the medical
attention they needed. But I don't think they should have been allowed to go
back to the
family. They should have been put up for adoption to a good and loving home.
I also don't
think the family should be allowed any animals as well since they proved
they could
not care for them properly. They allowed this guy to torture them and did
nothing. Yes,
according to the article the cats were obviously treated but I think the
family could
have done more to stop this guy. Those poor cats didn't deserve this abuse.

> [...]

> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
> >
> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
> >
> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
> >
> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
> >
> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
> >
> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
> >
> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> > his behalf.
> >
> > <end article>
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

Scumball
May 7th 04, 07:46 PM
I believe the FBI has set up an inventory of minors prosecuted for animal
cruelty offences.
Statistics show that nearly all serial killers have a history of torturing
animals and moving on through arson, to serial murder.
I'd be a bit worried if I were her father.
It's difficult to understand why the nutter wasn't prosecuted under criminal
law (or was he ?).

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Scumball
May 7th 04, 07:46 PM
I believe the FBI has set up an inventory of minors prosecuted for animal
cruelty offences.
Statistics show that nearly all serial killers have a history of torturing
animals and moving on through arson, to serial murder.
I'd be a bit worried if I were her father.
It's difficult to understand why the nutter wasn't prosecuted under criminal
law (or was he ?).

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

KellyH
May 7th 04, 08:00 PM
This is just horrible. I can't (well, I can, that's the sad part) believe
that the girlfriend is sticking by him. We had two sweet cats turned in to
the shelter because the boyfriend was beating on them. At least the
girlfriend had the smarts to get the cats out of the house. We had her talk
to a battered women's shelter worker. Unfortuntaely, the last we heard from
her is that she is going back to the boyfriend.

I bet anything in a couple years this guy is going to be abusing children.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

KellyH
May 7th 04, 08:00 PM
This is just horrible. I can't (well, I can, that's the sad part) believe
that the girlfriend is sticking by him. We had two sweet cats turned in to
the shelter because the boyfriend was beating on them. At least the
girlfriend had the smarts to get the cats out of the house. We had her talk
to a battered women's shelter worker. Unfortuntaely, the last we heard from
her is that she is going back to the boyfriend.

I bet anything in a couple years this guy is going to be abusing children.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
Check out www.snittens.com

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Cat Protector
May 7th 04, 08:11 PM
Some people don't have the strength. I have always wondered why women who
get treated badly seem to go back to the guy who does it? Of course when
abuse is involved, the pattern seems to be that the guy promises to change
or says he won't do it anymore. Then he'll get violent again and continue to
do harm. Unless women who are being abused break free from the relationship
and seek help they'll continue to allow themselves to be victims. It is all
about power and control. Of course some men can be the victims in abusive
relationships too. It is sad. It is even worse when the animal is abused.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"KellyH" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...
> [...]
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
> >

> > James Marz
> >
> > For full article
> > http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Cat Protector
May 7th 04, 08:11 PM
Some people don't have the strength. I have always wondered why women who
get treated badly seem to go back to the guy who does it? Of course when
abuse is involved, the pattern seems to be that the guy promises to change
or says he won't do it anymore. Then he'll get violent again and continue to
do harm. Unless women who are being abused break free from the relationship
and seek help they'll continue to allow themselves to be victims. It is all
about power and control. Of course some men can be the victims in abusive
relationships too. It is sad. It is even worse when the animal is abused.

"KellyH" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...
> [...]
> >
> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
> >
> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
> >
> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
> >
> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
> >
> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
> >
> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
> >
> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> > his behalf.
> >
> > <end article>
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

May 7th 04, 09:14 PM
Well said Craig.
All animals are sentient beings - and only a true psychopath would want to
harm them.
A recent documentary on the military and killing featured recent research
which found that just 2% of troops were responsible for 95% of the killing.
This 2% was composed of psychopaths who are not hardwired against killing
their own species - an evolutionary adaptation ensuring survival of the
species.
They usually begin their lives by torturing and killing animals.

> [...]

> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
> >
> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
> >
> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
> >
> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
> >
> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
> >
> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
> >
> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> > his behalf.
> >
> > <end article>
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

May 7th 04, 10:15 PM
Well everyone has a choice. You can lead a horse to water but you can't
force them to drink. A lot of abused women seem to believe everything they
are telling them including that is their fault. If the guy hits them then
they simply shrug it off and keep taking the abuse. If they leave the
relationship then 9 times out of 10 they go back because the other party
says they're sorry and won't do it again or that they'll change. But of
course that's a lie and the cycle continues. I usually say that nobody
deserves to be abused like that but they also made the choice. They can
continue to be the victim or they can fight back, escape the relationship,
and get help.

The abusers also need to really see what it is to be the victim and get
help. Of course I am not sure how effective therapy is. It seems like a lot
of abusers hide behind excuses like poor childhood, broken home, divorced
parents, etc. The defense lawyers use this one a lot when the abuser is
accused of a crime. Of course this just seems to excuse the abusive
behavior. I think abusers need to stand up and say they have a problem, then
get help. It is all about choices. But no animal should be abused. This 17
year old girl needs to finally wake up and leave this guy or she will be
this guy's next victim.

"RobZip" > wrote in message
> Abusers have an incredible ability to be manipulative of all of those they
> encounter in the course of and as a consequence of their actions. The
women
> usually hear an array of excuses and explanations. I've heard of some who
> convinced a woman that they wouldn't have acted out so badly if it wasn't
> for the strong love they have for them. Now how warped is that? Others
have
> a multitude of rationales to shift the blame for such actions to the
woman.
> Along with this comes the psychological modeling in which the abuser plays
> on the woman's already damaged self-esteem. He convinces her that she
> wouldn't stand a chance being on her own, that she wouldn't be worthy and
> capable of survival in a truly equal relationship, etc.
>
> When living in Tampa I was in an area with a heavy Puerto Rican
population.
> Certain parts of their culture have a much different view on relationship
> power and control than white Anglos. I had a very pretty Puerto Rican
> neighbor girl who was flirting with me, hanging around, and generally
> 'stepping out of line' in order to evoke a controlling response from her
> boyfriend whom she suspected was losing interest in her. She told me that
if
> he really cared, he would order her to stay in the apartment, avoid me,
and
> probably threaten to physically punish her if that wasn't part of his
> initial expression of displeasure at her behavior.
>
> >Unless women who are being abused break free from the relationship
> > and seek help they'll continue to allow themselves to be victims. It is
> all
> > about power and control.
>
> These women find it hard to accept that they DO have control. They've only
> relinquished it on bad terms to someone else.
>
> An abuser who promises to change and swears he won't do it again most
likely
> really and truly believes what he's saying. But there are many reasons why
> that always fails. Foremost is that one has to honestly take their own
> inventory and understand it before they have any hope of changing it.
> On what authority do I say this? I grew up in a home with a physically
> abusive father. I swore I would never treat my wife like that when I got
> married.
>
> Well guess what? Along the way I never learned any of the proper coping
> skills or honest interpersonal relationship skills. How could I?
Everything
> was a masquerade to shift blame and deflect the truth. Although I never
> sought out to repeat the violent mistakes of my father, I had the same bad
> interpersonal and coping skills he did. It was all I ever had a chance to
> learn. It was the only example I had. The natural byproduct was that I
> bullied, punched, swore and manipulated my way through two disastrous
> marriages. At age 36 I was finally tired enough of my life, beaten and
ready
> to do something about it. My pride was gone. Funny - most of us think we
> have all the answers and it's the rest of the world that is so screwed up.
> That's why we are able to do the things we do. You can't make change
> meaningful until you lose the false pride and are ready to have every
> element of your life taken apart. I invested the next 6 years in one on
one
> therapy, 12 step abusers programs, group therapy abuser sessions, etc. It
> wasn't an easy or quick fix. Serious matters are never resolved easily.
It's

"RobZip" > wrote in message
> [...]
It's
> tough to sit and listen to a group who has been there and done that take
> your ass apart piece by piece, telling you everything that is wrong with
how
> you think about everything - and you know that they're right. The good
news
> is that once you are willing to acknowledge and accept those things, the
> replacement skills are much easier to practice.
>
> Unless a person is willing to make that kind of effort for their own self
> improvement, the cycle will continue. That's why the young lady involved
> needs to drop this guy like last weeks garbage. But since she is already
> defending him I guess we really don't need a crystal ball to see where
this
> is going. I sincerely hope that both of them are sterile....

RobZip
May 7th 04, 11:42 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:y%Smc.25283$Z%[email protected]

> The abusers also need to really see what it is to be the victim and get
> help.

There are many excellent materials out there to help an abuser understand
the impact of his actions. This is essential as part of an overall
reprogramming effort.

>Of course I am not sure how effective therapy is.

As in anything else, quality varies.

>It seems like a lot of abusers hide behind excuses like poor childhood,
broken home, divorced
> parents, etc. The defense lawyers use this one a lot when the abuser is
> accused of a crime. Of course this just seems to excuse the abusive
> behavior.

The root causes of domestic violence are just that - root causes. The abuser
has for whatever reason not developed an acceptable method of dealing with
conflict. The abuser has a choice - continue the behavior or seek ways to
change it. When the behavior continues, the root causes become the excuses
used as a crutch to avoid accepting responsibility for one's own actions.
There are so many complex factors involved in breaking through the denial
and defense mechanisms that abusers invoke regarding their behavior.

>I think abusers need to stand up and say they have a problem, then
> get help. It is all about choices.

That is obviously the first step. The path to reformation gets tougher from
there.

>But no animal should be abused. This 17 year old girl needs to finally wake
up
>and leave this guy or she will be this guy's next victim.

She is his next victim already. Even if he has never laid a hand on her yet,
he's already got her defending his seriously abnormal actions. Not a good
sign. He's already noticed that she will defend his senseless violence. Why
should anything he does to her be regarded differently?

'I'm really sorry for what I did to your cats, but it's what you get for
loving me.'

RobZip
May 7th 04, 11:42 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:y%Smc.25283$Z%[email protected]

> The abusers also need to really see what it is to be the victim and get
> help.

There are many excellent materials out there to help an abuser understand
the impact of his actions. This is essential as part of an overall
reprogramming effort.

>Of course I am not sure how effective therapy is.

As in anything else, quality varies.

>It seems like a lot of abusers hide behind excuses like poor childhood,
broken home, divorced
> parents, etc. The defense lawyers use this one a lot when the abuser is
> accused of a crime. Of course this just seems to excuse the abusive
> behavior.

The root causes of domestic violence are just that - root causes. The abuser
has for whatever reason not developed an acceptable method of dealing with
conflict. The abuser has a choice - continue the behavior or seek ways to
change it. When the behavior continues, the root causes become the excuses
used as a crutch to avoid accepting responsibility for one's own actions.
There are so many complex factors involved in breaking through the denial
and defense mechanisms that abusers invoke regarding their behavior.

>I think abusers need to stand up and say they have a problem, then
> get help. It is all about choices.

That is obviously the first step. The path to reformation gets tougher from
there.

>But no animal should be abused. This 17 year old girl needs to finally wake
up
>and leave this guy or she will be this guy's next victim.

She is his next victim already. Even if he has never laid a hand on her yet,
he's already got her defending his seriously abnormal actions. Not a good
sign. He's already noticed that she will defend his senseless violence. Why
should anything he does to her be regarded differently?

'I'm really sorry for what I did to your cats, but it's what you get for
loving me.'

Tiners
May 8th 04, 01:26 AM
> [...]
> It's
> > tough to sit and listen to a group who has been there and done that take
> > your ass apart piece by piece, telling you everything that is wrong with
> how
> > you think about everything - and you know that they're right. The good
> news
> > is that once you are willing to acknowledge and accept those things, the
> > replacement skills are much easier to practice.
> >
> > Unless a person is willing to make that kind of effort for their own
self
> > improvement, the cycle will continue. That's why the young lady involved
> > needs to drop this guy like last weeks garbage. But since she is already
> > defending him I guess we really don't need a crystal ball to see where
> this
> > is going. I sincerely hope that both of them are sterile....

When your 17 and have a boyfriend of course your gonna stick up for him
because your 17 and you think there's no one else in the world for you
beside's this guy. One day she'll wake up and get a good kick in the
pants.. and leave him. Probably after she's the guy's next victim. Trust
me I know from experience.. nothing like the cat tortures or anything but I
was 17 once with an abusive boyfriend.

Tina

Tiners
May 8th 04, 01:26 AM
> [...]
> > replacement skills are much easier to practice.
> >
> > Unless a person is willing to make that kind of effort for their own
self
> > improvement, the cycle will continue. That's why the young lady involved
> > needs to drop this guy like last weeks garbage. But since she is already
> > defending him I guess we really don't need a crystal ball to see where
> this
> > is going. I sincerely hope that both of them are sterile....

When your 17 and have a boyfriend of course your gonna stick up for him
because your 17 and you think there's no one else in the world for you
beside's this guy. One day she'll wake up and get a good kick in the
pants.. and leave him. Probably after she's the guy's next victim. Trust
me I know from experience.. nothing like the cat tortures or anything but I

'cedes
May 8th 04, 02:35 AM
"Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called statutory
rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very low class. WTF
is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be living with her
boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

'cedes
May 8th 04, 02:35 AM
"Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called statutory
rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very low class. WTF
is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be living with her
boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Johnny Comelately
May 8th 04, 04:25 AM

I would be totally ****ed off... that he didn't let me help!

> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

I would like to tell him "I hope you can torture my daughter as well
as you did those cats, now.... lets go have a beer and celebrate."

Johnny Comelately

> James Marz

Johnny Comelately
May 8th 04, 04:25 AM
(James Marz) wrote in message >...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?

I would be totally ****ed off... that he didn't let me help!

> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

I would like to tell him "I hope you can torture my daughter as well
as you did those cats, now.... lets go have a beer and celebrate."

Johnny Comelately

> James Marz

Scumball
May 8th 04, 01:08 PM
God, I never cease to be amazed at the unnaturally Puritanical views of many
Americans to age and consent issues.
In India, the age of consent is 13 !
In Holland, I THINK it's 14.
In most other countries (that have one), it's 16.
Only in American states is it 18, 21,31 or 93 !
Jees already !

"'cedes" > wrote in message
> "Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called statutory
> rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very low class.
WTF
> is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be living with her
> boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.
>
> "James Marz" > wrote in message
> om...
> > What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
> >

> > This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
> >
> > <start article>
> >
> > It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> > Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> > he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
> >
> > It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
> >

> > Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> > to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> > with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> > tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> > ages 8 and 3.
> >
> > Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> > so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> > and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
> >
> > Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> > apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
> >
> > Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
> >
> > "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> > she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
> >
> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
> >
> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
> >
> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
> >
> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
> >
> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
> >
> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
> >
> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> > his behalf.
> >
> > <end article>
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
> >

> > James Marz
> >
> > For full article
> > http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

.oO rach Oo.
May 8th 04, 03:17 PM
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz

For everything he did to those cats, I'd do the same to him TENFOLD. As for
the daughter, she would either agree to stand by her cats or get the hell
out of the house. By supporting this piece of ****, she is condoning his
behaviour.

rach

.oO rach Oo.
May 8th 04, 03:17 PM
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz

For everything he did to those cats, I'd do the same to him TENFOLD. As for
the daughter, she would either agree to stand by her cats or get the hell
out of the house. By supporting this piece of ****, she is condoning his
behaviour.

rach

Mary
May 8th 04, 03:45 PM
"Scumball" > wrote in message
> God, I never cease to be amazed at the unnaturally Puritanical views of
many
> Americans to age and consent issues.
> In India, the age of consent is 13

In India, women are chattal.

---

Mary
May 8th 04, 03:45 PM
"Scumball" > wrote in message
> God, I never cease to be amazed at the unnaturally Puritanical views of
many
> Americans to age and consent issues.
> In India, the age of consent is 13

In India, women are chattal.

---

[ medic ]
May 8th 04, 03:47 PM
Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.

What SCUM.

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

[ medic ]
May 8th 04, 03:47 PM
Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.

What SCUM.

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Alun
May 8th 04, 04:54 PM
"Scumball" > wrote in
:

> God, I never cease to be amazed at the unnaturally Puritanical views of
> many Americans to age and consent issues.
> In India, the age of consent is 13 !
> In Holland, I THINK it's 14.
> In most other countries (that have one), it's 16.
> Only in American states is it 18, 21,31 or 93 !
> Jees already !
>
> "'cedes" > wrote in message
>> "Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called
>> statutory rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very
>> low class. WTF is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be
>> living with her boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.
>>
>> "James Marz" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>> >

>> > This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>> >
>> > <start article>
>> >
>> > It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the
>> > face. Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room.
>> > Or that he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>> >
>> > It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>> >

>> > Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
>> > to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
>> > with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
>> > tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
>> > ages 8 and 3.
>> >
>> > Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry
>> > detergent so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke
>> > her lower jaw and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>> >
>> > Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
>> > apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>> >
>> > Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>> >
>> > "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
>> > she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>> >
>> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
>> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
>> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>> >
>> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
>> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
>> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>> >
>> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>> >
>> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
>> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
>> >
>> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>> >
>> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>> >
>> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
>> > his behalf.
>> >
>> > <end article>
>> >
>> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>> >

>> > James Marz
>> >
>> > For full article
>> > http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

They are puritanical for the simple reason that that's where the puritans
went, I suppose.

Alun
May 8th 04, 04:54 PM
"Scumball" > wrote in
:

> [...]
>> >
>> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
>> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
>> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>> >
>> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>> >
>> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
>> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
>> >
>> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>> >
>> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>> >
>> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
>> > his behalf.
>> >
>> > <end article>
>> >
>> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>> >

>> > James Marz
>> >
>> > For full article
>> > http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

They are puritanical for the simple reason that that's where the puritans

May 8th 04, 05:00 PM
Laura R. > wrote in
:

> circa Sat, 08 May 2004 01:35:47 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> 'cedes ) said,
>> "Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called
>> statutory rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very
>> low class. WTF is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be
>> living with her boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.
>>
> Unfortunately, I believe that 16 is the cutoff point for statutory
> rape. I don't know of any states that enforce a higher age than that,
> anyway. I could be wrong, but either way, in this situation, the
> parents are the bigger problem.
>
> Laura

No, the boyfriend is the problem. Blame belongs to the person doing the bad
stuff. Of course, others might have seen him coming, figured out what he
was like, etc, but they can't be _more_ to blame than him.

Animal torture is a very bad sign. As someone pointed out, it is common for
serial killers to have started this way.

Alun
May 8th 04, 05:00 PM
Laura R. > wrote in
:

> circa Sat, 08 May 2004 01:35:47 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> 'cedes ) said,
>> "Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called
>> statutory rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very
>> low class. WTF is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be
>> living with her boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.
>>
> Unfortunately, I believe that 16 is the cutoff point for statutory
> rape. I don't know of any states that enforce a higher age than that,
> anyway. I could be wrong, but either way, in this situation, the
> parents are the bigger problem.
>
> Laura

No, the boyfriend is the problem. Blame belongs to the person doing the bad
stuff. Of course, others might have seen him coming, figured out what he
was like, etc, but they can't be _more_ to blame than him.

Animal torture is a very bad sign. As someone pointed out, it is common for
serial killers to have started this way.

[ medic ]
May 8th 04, 07:19 PM
Heh. Yeah, something like that, although there will NEVER be any Glocks in
this house. Plastic pieces o' junk.

- med

"Laura R." > wrote in message
.. .
> circa Sat, 08 May 2004 14:47:35 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> [ medic ] ) said,
> >
> > Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.
> >
> Or Mr. Glock? Or Messrs. Smith and Wesson?
>
> ;-)
>
> Laura
> --
> I am Dyslexia of Borg,
> Your ass will be laminated.

[ medic ]
May 8th 04, 07:19 PM
Heh. Yeah, something like that, although there will NEVER be any Glocks in
this house. Plastic pieces o' junk.

- med

"Laura R." > wrote in message
.. .
> circa Sat, 08 May 2004 14:47:35 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> [ medic ] ) said,
> >
> > Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.
> >
> Or Mr. Glock? Or Messrs. Smith and Wesson?
>
> ;-)
>
> Laura
> --
> I am Dyslexia of Borg,
> Your ass will be laminated.

JoJo
May 9th 04, 05:11 AM
I'd kill the little b*stard - slowly. The daughter - 17 years old, more
than likely abused by the slimeball - probably had low self-esteem to begin
with, he's probably made it worse, therefore she's sticking up for him.

If I were the parents I would have thrown his ass out the door and never
allow him in. Daughter is 17, legally not an adult, if he's older than 18
they could get him for statuatory rape. (I'm assuming this happened in US -
did not read article, synopsis was depressing enough) However I have to
wonder where the hell the parent's brains are in the first place.

I would personally like to take every animal abuser and show them what it's
like. A few years ago a teenaged boy found a pitt bull running loose. He
took the poor dog, tied it to a fence, poured gasoline on it and set it on
fire, then stood there and watched. Sick little freak, I wish the law
required that whatever abuse they inflict on animals was to be inflicted on
them - it's only fitting. In my mind animal abusers are as bad as child
abusers and deserve the same punishment.

Getting off my soapbox now.

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> [...]

If I were the parents I would have thrown his ass out the door and never
allow him in. Daughter is 17, legally not an adult, if he's older than 18
they could get him for statuatory rape. (I'm assuming this happened in US -
did not read article, synopsis was depressing enough) However I have to
wonder where the hell the parent's brains are in the first place.

I would personally like to take every animal abuser and show them what it's
like. A few years ago a teenaged boy found a pitt bull running loose. He
took the poor dog, tied it to a fence, poured gasoline on it and set it on
fire, then stood there and watched. Sick little freak, I wish the law
required that whatever abuse they inflict on animals was to be inflicted on
them - it's only fitting. In my mind animal abusers are as bad as child
abusers and deserve the same punishment.

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Scumball
May 9th 04, 09:08 AM
"Laura R." > wrote in message
.. .
> circa Sat, 08 May 2004 14:47:35 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> [ medic ] ) said,
> >
> > Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.
> >
> Or Mr. Glock? Or Messrs. Smith and Wesson?

And I've got six little friends - and they can all run faster than (he) can
!

(Tarantino - From Dusk 'til Dawn)

> ;-)
>
> Laura
> --
> I am Dyslexia of Borg,
> Your ass will be laminated.

Scumball
May 9th 04, 09:08 AM
"Laura R." > wrote in message
.. .
> circa Sat, 08 May 2004 14:47:35 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
> [ medic ] ) said,
> >
> > Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.
> >
> Or Mr. Glock? Or Messrs. Smith and Wesson?

And I've got six little friends - and they can all run faster than (he) can
!

(Tarantino - From Dusk 'til Dawn)

> ;-)
>
> Laura
> --
> I am Dyslexia of Borg,
> Your ass will be laminated.

Scumball
May 9th 04, 09:16 AM
Well said, JJ - and totally concurred !
An eye for an eye.
Society doesn't need animal torturers for the same reason it doesn't need
serial killers.
Most people would be more than happy to see the same fate bestowed upon such
lowly, vicious and twisted scum.
Sentence to be executed by other lowly, vicious and twisted scum.

"JoJo" > wrote in message
> [...]
> >
> > Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> > into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> > she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
> >
> > Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> > Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> > people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
> >
> > Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
> >
> > She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> > Baker, who hovered nearby.
> >
> > Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
> >
> > Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
> >
> > Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> > his behalf.
> >
> > <end article>
> >
> > Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

Penelope Baker
May 9th 04, 03:20 PM
*puke* *cry*

--
Peace,
Pen

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Penelope Baker
May 9th 04, 03:20 PM
*puke* *cry*

--
Peace,
Pen
--
Pawbreakers - The Candy for Cats!
http://www.pawbreakers.com

"James Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Theresa
May 9th 04, 11:26 PM
(James Marz) wrote in message >...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

The "man" is a piece of **** that doesn't deserve to live. If the
daughter is standing by her "pussy" oops, I mean "man" I would NEVER
have anything to do with her again. And, I mean that. NEVER!

Theresa
May 9th 04, 11:26 PM
(James Marz) wrote in message >...
> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>

> This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.
>
> <start article>
>
> It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
> Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
> he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.
>
> It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.
>

> Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
> to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
> with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
> tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
> ages 8 and 3.
>
> Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
> so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
> and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.
>
> Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
> apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.
>
> Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.
>
> "They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
> she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."
>
> Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
> into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
> she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.
>
> Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
> Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
> people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.
>
> Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.
>
> She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
> Baker, who hovered nearby.
>
> Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.
>
> Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.
>
> Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
> his behalf.
>
> <end article>
>
> Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?
>

> James Marz
>
> For full article
> http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

The "man" is a piece of **** that doesn't deserve to live. If the
daughter is standing by her "pussy" oops, I mean "man" I would NEVER
have anything to do with her again. And, I mean that. NEVER!

Calculon
May 15th 04, 05:48 AM
On Fri, 07 May 2004 10:49:57 -0700, Craig Petersen
> wrote:

>James Marz wrote:
>
>> What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?
>>

><rant>
>Personally I would treat this dickless piece of **** in the same manner.
>What would happen to me would be irrevelant, as long as I had the
>satisfaction beating the **** out of a sadistic animal abuser. Animal
>abusers are PUSSYS, they pick on the most defenseless beings on the
>planet, they cannot contribute ANYTHING usefull to society. If I seem a
>bit extreme it's because most, if not ALL animal abusers get nothing
>more than an insulting slap on the wrist.
>
>I don't consider pets to be "property" or "things to be owned", that's
>what your DVD and or TV are for. Animals are beings, just like you and
>me. They are just unfortunate enough to be born on a planet that is
>populated by a bunch of sadistic cannibals (AKA Man). If you have pets
>you are their GUARDIAN ( you don't OWN them anymore that you would OWN
>your children ), and are 100% responsible for their well being.
></rant>

Thank You Craig. My sentiments exactly!