PDA

View Full Version : scabs under chin

lmh
May 9th 04, 03:02 PM
My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
be appreciated.

Fat Freddy
May 9th 04, 04:00 PM
> My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
> his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
> be appreciated.

It's probably acne. My cat had it and washing it a couple of times a
day for a few days with an anti-bacterial soap cleared it up. Severe
cases may need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Fat Freddy
May 9th 04, 04:00 PM
> My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
> his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
> be appreciated.

It's probably acne. My cat had it and washing it a couple of times a
day for a few days with an anti-bacterial soap cleared it up. Severe
cases may need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

MaryL
May 9th 04, 05:50 PM
"Fat Freddy" > wrote in message
> > My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to
hurt
> > his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this
would
> > be appreciated.
>
> It's probably acne. My cat had it and washing it a couple of times a
> day for a few days with an anti-bacterial soap cleared it up. Severe
> cases may need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

If it is chin acne, it can also help to change from plastic bowls to ceramic
or stainless steel bowls.

MaryL

MaryL
May 9th 04, 05:50 PM
"Fat Freddy" > wrote in message
> > My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to
hurt
> > his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this
would
> > be appreciated.
>
> It's probably acne. My cat had it and washing it a couple of times a
> day for a few days with an anti-bacterial soap cleared it up. Severe
> cases may need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

If it is chin acne, it can also help to change from plastic bowls to ceramic
or stainless steel bowls.

MaryL

James Marz
May 10th 04, 03:53 PM
"lmh" <no > wrote in message >...
> My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
> his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
> be appreciated.

Spray the infected area with Lysol, it kills 99.9% of germs and virus
on contact. Your cat will start looking much better in about a week if
you do that twice a day.

James

James Marz
May 10th 04, 03:53 PM
"lmh" <no > wrote in message >...
> My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
> his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
> be appreciated.

Spray the infected area with Lysol, it kills 99.9% of germs and virus
on contact. Your cat will start looking much better in about a week if
you do that twice a day.

James

Wren
May 11th 04, 05:45 AM
Does he lick his penis much? If so, he may be transferring some of his penis
skank to his chin. It happens to me sometimes.

"lmh" <no > wrote in message
> My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to
hurt
> his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this
would
> be appreciated.

Rich
May 12th 04, 08:34 AM
"Wren" > wrote in message
> Does he lick his penis much? If so, he may be transferring some of his
penis
> skank to his chin. It happens to me sometimes.

You said, ..."It happens to me sometimes."

Does that mean you lick your penis? There is two ways to read your
statement.

Rich
May 12th 04, 08:34 AM
"Wren" > wrote in message
> Does he lick his penis much? If so, he may be transferring some of his
penis
> skank to his chin. It happens to me sometimes.

You said, ..."It happens to me sometimes."

Does that mean you lick your penis? There is two ways to read your
statement.

looming illuminary of mischief
May 13th 04, 01:03 AM
Wren wrote:

> Does he lick his penis much? If so, he may be transferring some of his
> penis skank to his chin. It happens to me sometimes.
>
> "lmh" <no > wrote in message
>> My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to
> hurt
>> his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this
> would
>> be appreciated.

you lick your penis, thats nasty.