PDA

View Full Version : World's largest mouse?

Pat
May 15th 04, 05:52 PM
Eli, The Great Black Hunter brought in a gift last night, the biggest mouse
I have ever seen. Or is it a small rat? I just don't know! What do you
think?

http://fidnet.com/~pdavis/images/critter.jpg

The whole pride could have feasted on this one, but they left it intact....
Why???

m. L. Briggs
May 15th 04, 06:06 PM
On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:52:19 -0500, "Pat"
> wrote:

>Eli, The Great Black Hunter brought in a gift last night, the biggest mouse
>I have ever seen. Or is it a small rat? I just don't know! What do you
>think?
>
>http://fidnet.com/~pdavis/images/critter.jpg
>
>The whole pride could have feasted on this one, but they left it intact....
>Why???

That looks like a pregnant rat!

m. L. Briggs
May 15th 04, 06:06 PM
On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:52:19 -0500, "Pat"
> wrote:

>Eli, The Great Black Hunter brought in a gift last night, the biggest mouse
>I have ever seen. Or is it a small rat? I just don't know! What do you
>think?
>
>http://fidnet.com/~pdavis/images/critter.jpg
>
>The whole pride could have feasted on this one, but they left it intact....
>Why???

That looks like a pregnant rat!

Pat
May 15th 04, 07:10 PM
By the time I got around to photographing it, the belly had swelled up. It
was not pregnant-looking when first found.

"m. L. Briggs" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:52:19 -0500, "Pat"
> > wrote:
>
> >Eli, The Great Black Hunter brought in a gift last night, the biggest
mouse
> >I have ever seen. Or is it a small rat? I just don't know! What do you
> >think?
> >
> >http://fidnet.com/~pdavis/images/critter.jpg
> >
> >The whole pride could have feasted on this one, but they left it
intact....
> >Why???
> >

> That looks like a pregnant rat!

kaeli
May 17th 04, 02:52 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> By the time I got around to photographing it, the belly had swelled up. It
> was not pregnant-looking when first found.

Nope, that's a really big mouse.

Rats have longer faces. Well, at least the ones I've had as pets.
This site can help with the pet varieties, so I assume the wild ones
aren't all that different.

http://www.ratbehavior.org/RatsMice.htm#TellApart

~kaeli~
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they
taste funny?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli