PDA

View Full Version : What's the "wildest" domestic cat?

rishi
May 19th 04, 06:12 PM
A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?

Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.

But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
right.

Any opinions?

kaeli
May 19th 04, 07:06 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?
>
> Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
> genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.
>
> But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
> Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
> right.
>
> Any opinions?

Tie down your valuables?

~kaeli~
Is it possible to be totally partial?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
May 19th 04, 07:06 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?
>
> Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
> genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.
>
> But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
> Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
> right.
>
> Any opinions?

Tie down your valuables?

~kaeli~
Is it possible to be totally partial?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Cat Protector
May 19th 04, 07:36 PM
To be honest you have double standard as the wildest domestic cat breed.
Simply put, all cats are wild in some fashion.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"rishi" > wrote in message
m...
> A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?
>
> Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
> genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.
>
> But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
> Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
> right.
>
> Any opinions?

Laura R.
June 15th 04, 10:55 AM
circa 19 May 2004 10:12:00 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.misc, rishi
) said,

> A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?
>
> Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
> genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.
>
> But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
> Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
> right.
>
> Any opinions?

Neither, as there are regulations on how many generations "away" from
their wild ancestors that these cats must be in order to be
considered pets.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde