PDA

View Full Version : Effective Cat Door?

Markyt
May 22nd 04, 03:12 PM
I installed a Staywell Electronic cat door last week (it replaced my
Staywell flap door) in an effort to keep a large stray cat out of my house.
Since then it has gained entry four more times through the new door. I
watched it this-morning. It uses it's paw/claw to depress the electric
latch and pushes the door open.

I'm very disappointed with the design of this Staywell latch. Is anyone
aware of a more secure door (either electronic or magnetic) that might be
more secure than the Staywell door?

Thanks..........Mark

Christian Fecteau
May 24th 04, 02:15 AM
Is it a Staywell Magnetic Collar Key Cat Door?
http://www.uniquedistributors.com/stmacokeycat.html
http://www.smarthome.com/6106.html

You need a door that would open ONLY with your cat's collar. Not with
an alternative way, like the latch you're talking about.

Christian Fecteau
May 24th 04, 02:15 AM
Is it a Staywell Magnetic Collar Key Cat Door?
http://www.uniquedistributors.com/stmacokeycat.html
http://www.smarthome.com/6106.html

You need a door that would open ONLY with your cat's collar. Not with
an alternative way, like the latch you're talking about.

Markyt
May 24th 04, 02:23 AM
"Christian Fecteau" > wrote in message
om...
> Is it a Staywell Magnetic Collar Key Cat Door?
> http://www.uniquedistributors.com/stmacokeycat.html
> http://www.smarthome.com/6106.html
>
> You need a door that would open ONLY with your cat's collar. Not with
> an alternative way, like the latch you're talking about.

It is the Staywell Electronic with an infared key on the cat's collar. The
mechanism operates a mechanical latch, unfortunitly this cat has been
through lock-picking school. I have been looking at the second unit that
you also sent info on.

Thanks.........Mark