PDA

View Full Version : Re: attack of the kitten

May 28th 04, 02:00 AM
Hiya Rach,

Well I have had 3 Siamese and all were very different in personality.
Although to be honest I sprayed bottled my kittens and taught them what
was acceptable and not. And surprising enough it worked. They knew not
to get claws out when playing with me or the kids, or they got a little
spray. And they picked up on the fact that those claws were not to be
used during that time. Although it didn't stop them from still using
them on the scratching post and there toys.

As one said if you cn get him/her a pal to play with that also helps.
As they will play with one another. And yes keep those nails trimmed. I
know many vets will do it for as little as 6.00. But if you watch like
someone else said you can learn yourself.
Goodluck and hope it works out for you.

Huggers,
Dee

Tiners
May 28th 04, 03:37 AM
> wrote in message
> Hiya Rach,
>
> Well I have had 3 Siamese and all were very different in personality.
> Although to be honest I sprayed bottled my kittens and taught them what
> was acceptable and not. And surprising enough it worked. They knew not
> to get claws out when playing with me or the kids, or they got a little
> spray. And they picked up on the fact that those claws were not to be
> used during that time. Although it didn't stop them from still using
> them on the scratching post and there toys.
>
> As one said if you cn get him/her a pal to play with that also helps.
> As they will play with one another. And yes keep those nails trimmed. I
> know many vets will do it for as little as 6.00. But if you watch like
> someone else said you can learn yourself.
> Goodluck and hope it works out for you.
>
> Huggers,
> Dee

It's not hard trimming their nails. I do mine all the time. It might be a
little fighting and meowing and struggling the first few times, but after
that.. they should get used to it. Mine still fights and it's been about 5
yrs now.

Tina
------
Just when I manage to convince