PDA

View Full Version : Blood in feces

Dick Smyth
June 7th 04, 02:03 PM
Our seven year old male Ocecat Rudy now and then has blood in his bowel
movement. This is not a constant thing. Nor does he show any other symptoms.
He is active, affectionate, maintains his weight and appetite and shows no
signs of illness.
Any thoughts???

ds

--
"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has
its limits."

~*Connie*~
June 7th 04, 10:52 PM
When i saw a couple of drops of blood on the stool of my cat who was
recently diagnosed with Felv, I ran to the vet and asked, and he said that
from time to time it is nothing to worry about. You can always take a stool
sample in and have it tested, or do blood work, but chances are some fur or
something in his stool just aggravated the lining of his anus, and caused it
to bleed a bit.

"Dick Smyth" > wrote in message
> Our seven year old male Ocecat Rudy now and then has blood in his bowel
> movement. This is not a constant thing. Nor does he show any other
symptoms.
> He is active, affectionate, maintains his weight and appetite and shows no
> signs of illness.
> Any thoughts???
>
> ds
>
> --
> "The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence
has
> its limits."

Cheryl
June 8th 04, 12:13 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.misc", "Dick Smyth"
> artfully composed this message within
> on 07 Jun 2004:

> Our seven year old male Ocecat Rudy now and then has blood in
> his bowel movement. This is not a constant thing. Nor does he
> show any other symptoms. He is active, affectionate, maintains
> his weight and appetite and shows no signs of illness.
> Any thoughts???
>
> ds

What color is the blood? If it is bright red, it could be caused by
straining to deficate. If Rudy is constipated, nip it in the bud with
some suggestions from the vet. Could be a really simple thing to deal
with.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
June 8th 04, 12:13 AM
In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.misc", "Dick Smyth"
> artfully composed this message within
> on 07 Jun 2004:

> Our seven year old male Ocecat Rudy now and then has blood in
> his bowel movement. This is not a constant thing. Nor does he
> show any other symptoms. He is active, affectionate, maintains
> his weight and appetite and shows no signs of illness.
> Any thoughts???
>
> ds

What color is the blood? If it is bright red, it could be caused by
straining to deficate. If Rudy is constipated, nip it in the bud with
some suggestions from the vet. Could be a really simple thing to deal
with.

--
Cheryl

Slam Dinger
June 28th 04, 07:44 AM
Could be Hemorrhoids. Have you tried to get Preparation-H for cats from your
vet? Mine stocks it, and it does a great job.