PDA

View Full Version : Claws

David Wright
June 7th 04, 07:53 PM
Hello,

My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!

My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
tom, aged 2 years.

Thanks,
D.

David Stevenson
June 7th 04, 08:23 PM
David Wright wrote
>Hello,
>
>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>tom, aged 2 years.

Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.

Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.

Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
myself.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome

David Stevenson
June 7th 04, 08:23 PM
David Wright wrote
>Hello,
>
>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>tom, aged 2 years.

Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.

Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.

Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
myself.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 11 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 2 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-

Kristine Kochanski
June 7th 04, 09:37 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:23:00 +0000 (UTC), David Stevenson
> wrote:

>David Wright wrote
>>Hello,
>>
>>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>>tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.
>
> Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
>including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
>whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
>is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.
>
> Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
>myself.

I believe these are like glue-on caps, not sure if they're available
outside the US, I've certainly never seen them. I personally wouldn't
recommend you clip any cat's claws who goes outside - their claws are
their primary defence against attack from other cats/predators. Why
don't you just discourage the cat from scratching the car? Squirt it
with water when you catch it scratching, smear the bonnet with
something greasy, if it's doing it at night, keep the cat in. There
are umpteen humane alternatives.

Kristine Kochanski
June 7th 04, 09:37 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:23:00 +0000 (UTC), David Stevenson
> wrote:

>David Wright wrote
>>Hello,
>>
>>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>>tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.
>
> Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
>including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
>whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
>is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.
>
> Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
>myself.

I believe these are like glue-on caps, not sure if they're available
outside the US, I've certainly never seen them. I personally wouldn't
recommend you clip any cat's claws who goes outside - their claws are
their primary defence against attack from other cats/predators. Why
don't you just discourage the cat from scratching the car? Squirt it
with water when you catch it scratching, smear the bonnet with
something greasy, if it's doing it at night, keep the cat in. There
are umpteen humane alternatives.

Camilla Baird
June 7th 04, 09:47 PM
David Wright wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

It might be legal for vets to remove claws in US, but it certainly isn't
ethical. It is mutilating the cat.
A better solution for you - and certainly for the cat! - might be to
stop it from getting to your neighbours' cars. Is it possible for you to
fence in your garden somehow? Here is how we have fenced in our garden:
http://www.dk-fritid-dyr-kat.dk/nyhedsgruppen/album_showpic.php?picowner=sisawat&picnumber=228
You say he is a tom - does this mean he is not neutered? Neutering him
might help keeping him closer to your home.
Camilla

Camilla Baird
June 7th 04, 09:47 PM
David Wright wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

It might be legal for vets to remove claws in US, but it certainly isn't
ethical. It is mutilating the cat.
A better solution for you - and certainly for the cat! - might be to
stop it from getting to your neighbours' cars. Is it possible for you to
fence in your garden somehow? Here is how we have fenced in our garden:
http://www.dk-fritid-dyr-kat.dk/nyhedsgruppen/album_showpic.php?picowner=sisawat&picnumber=228
You say he is a tom - does this mean he is not neutered? Neutering him
might help keeping him closer to your home.
Camilla

Laura R.
June 7th 04, 09:59 PM
circa Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, in alt.cats, David Wright
) said,
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.

It is my understanding that declawing is not legal in the UK, where
you are.

Softpaws may be investigated here:

http://www.softpaws.com

I have used them in the past with success.

I would second the other recommendations you've been given.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Laura R.
June 7th 04, 09:59 PM
circa Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, in alt.cats, David Wright
) said,
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.

It is my understanding that declawing is not legal in the UK, where
you are.

Softpaws may be investigated here:

http://www.softpaws.com

I have used them in the past with success.

I would second the other recommendations you've been given.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Wendy
June 7th 04, 10:10 PM
"David Stevenson" > wrote in message
> David Wright wrote
> >Hello,
> >
> >My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
him
> >scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
decent
> >enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
> >
> >My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> >clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> >tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.
>
> Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
> including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
> whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
> is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.
>
> Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
> myself.
>
> --
In this case the removal of the claws would force the owner to exercise
another option - keep the cat indoors. It would be an extremely cruel thing
to let a declawed cat roam freely.

Claws can be easily clipped either by the owner or by a vet or groomer.
SoftPaws mentioned above are glued onto the trimmed claw and I understand
last 4 - 6 wks and then must be reapplied. They are available online and
some groomers will apply them for you.

The OP might want to consider building an enclosure in their yard where the
cat can be outside but not able to roam the neighborhood.

I also am wondering if the cat is neutered.

Wendy
June 7th 04, 10:10 PM
"David Stevenson" > wrote in message
> David Wright wrote
> >Hello,
> >
> >My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
him
> >scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
decent
> >enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
> >
> >My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> >clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> >tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.
>
> Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
> including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
> whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
> is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.
>
> Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
> myself.
>
> --
In this case the removal of the claws would force the owner to exercise
another option - keep the cat indoors. It would be an extremely cruel thing
to let a declawed cat roam freely.

Claws can be easily clipped either by the owner or by a vet or groomer.
SoftPaws mentioned above are glued onto the trimmed claw and I understand
last 4 - 6 wks and then must be reapplied. They are available online and
some groomers will apply them for you.

The OP might want to consider building an enclosure in their yard where the
cat can be outside but not able to roam the neighborhood.

I also am wondering if the cat is neutered.

Sunflower
June 8th 04, 12:52 AM
"David Wright" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

There are two sure fire solutions! 1. Keep the cat indoors where he'll be
safer anyway. Indoor cats live longer and healthier lives and don't get into
michief that lead to them being harmed by upset neighbors. 2. Have your
neighbor garage their vehicle. They can't care all that much about a car's
appearance if they leave it outdoors for anything to happen to it.

Sunflower
June 8th 04, 12:52 AM
"David Wright" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

There are two sure fire solutions! 1. Keep the cat indoors where he'll be
safer anyway. Indoor cats live longer and healthier lives and don't get into
michief that lead to them being harmed by upset neighbors. 2. Have your
neighbor garage their vehicle. They can't care all that much about a car's
appearance if they leave it outdoors for anything to happen to it.

M.C. Mullen
June 8th 04, 05:04 AM

| I believe these are like glue-on caps, not sure if they're available
| outside the US, I've certainly never seen them. I personally wouldn't
| recommend you clip any cat's claws who goes outside - their claws are
| their primary defence against attack from other cats/predators. Why
| don't you just discourage the cat from scratching the car? Squirt it
| with water when you catch it scratching, smear the bonnet with
| something greasy, if it's doing it at night, keep the cat in. There
| are umpteen humane alternatives.

In this case I'd recommend a hose!
Offer the neighbour a blanket. Invite them all for dinner.

Carola

M.C. Mullen
June 8th 04, 05:04 AM

| I believe these are like glue-on caps, not sure if they're available
| outside the US, I've certainly never seen them. I personally wouldn't
| recommend you clip any cat's claws who goes outside - their claws are
| their primary defence against attack from other cats/predators. Why
| don't you just discourage the cat from scratching the car? Squirt it
| with water when you catch it scratching, smear the bonnet with
| something greasy, if it's doing it at night, keep the cat in. There
| are umpteen humane alternatives.

In this case I'd recommend a hose!
Offer the neighbour a blanket. Invite them all for dinner.

Carola

Agua Girl
June 8th 04, 09:19 AM
"Kristine Kochanski" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:23:00 +0000 (UTC), David Stevenson
> > wrote:
>
> >David Wright wrote
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
him
> >>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
decent
> >>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
> >>
> >>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> >>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> >>tom, aged 2 years.
> >
> > Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.
> >
> > Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
> >including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
> >whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
> >is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.
> >
> > Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
> >myself.
>
> I believe these are like glue-on caps, not sure if they're available
> outside the US, I've certainly never seen them. I personally wouldn't
> recommend you clip any cat's claws who goes outside - their claws are
> their primary defence against attack from other cats/predators.

Trimming their claws does not prevent them from using them for self
defense. Declawing them does...and by the way. Let's call it what it
really is. Removing a cats claws sounds like no big deal but the truth
is it's amputating their "finger tips"..not removing a claw.

> Why
> don't you just discourage the cat from scratching the car? Squirt it
> with water when you catch it scratching, smear the bonnet with
> something greasy, if it's doing it at night, keep the cat in. There
> are umpteen humane alternatives.

I love cats and I wouldn't grease down my car to protect it from
a neighbors cat. Keep the cat away from the car. Build an outdoor
enclosure, buy your neighbor a car cover, get them keep away
spray to put around their yards perimeter, squirting was a good idea,
and it may help to make sure your Tom is fixed. Ok..maybe it won't
help but it's still important if you are letting your cat roam.

AG

Agua Girl
June 8th 04, 09:19 AM
"Kristine Kochanski" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:23:00 +0000 (UTC), David Stevenson
> > wrote:
>
> >David Wright wrote
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
him
> >>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
decent
> >>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
> >>
> >>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> >>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> >>tom, aged 2 years.
> >
> > Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.
> >
> > Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
> >including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
> >whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
> >is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.
> >
> > Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
> >myself.
>
> I believe these are like glue-on caps, not sure if they're available
> outside the US, I've certainly never seen them. I personally wouldn't
> recommend you clip any cat's claws who goes outside - their claws are
> their primary defence against attack from other cats/predators.

Trimming their claws does not prevent them from using them for self
defense. Declawing them does...and by the way. Let's call it what it
really is. Removing a cats claws sounds like no big deal but the truth
is it's amputating their "finger tips"..not removing a claw.

> Why
> don't you just discourage the cat from scratching the car? Squirt it
> with water when you catch it scratching, smear the bonnet with
> something greasy, if it's doing it at night, keep the cat in. There
> are umpteen humane alternatives.

I love cats and I wouldn't grease down my car to protect it from
a neighbors cat. Keep the cat away from the car. Build an outdoor
enclosure, buy your neighbor a car cover, get them keep away
spray to put around their yards perimeter, squirting was a good idea,
and it may help to make sure your Tom is fixed. Ok..maybe it won't
help but it's still important if you are letting your cat roam.

AG

Kristine Kochanski
June 8th 04, 09:38 AM
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:52:11 GMT, "Sunflower"
> wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
>domestic
>> tom, aged 2 years.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> D.
>>

>There are two sure fire solutions! 1. Keep the cat indoors where he'll be
>safer anyway. Indoor cats live longer and healthier lives and don't get into
>michief that lead to them being harmed by upset neighbors. 2. Have your
>neighbor garage their vehicle. They can't care all that much about a car's
>appearance if they leave it outdoors for anything to happen to it.

Making all the neighbours build a garage (where exactly?!) probably
isn't a very viable solution ;o)

Kristine Kochanski
June 8th 04, 09:38 AM
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:52:11 GMT, "Sunflower"
> wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
>domestic
>> tom, aged 2 years.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> D.
>>

>There are two sure fire solutions! 1. Keep the cat indoors where he'll be
>safer anyway. Indoor cats live longer and healthier lives and don't get into
>michief that lead to them being harmed by upset neighbors. 2. Have your
>neighbor garage their vehicle. They can't care all that much about a car's
>appearance if they leave it outdoors for anything to happen to it.

Making all the neighbours build a garage (where exactly?!) probably
isn't a very viable solution ;o)

jb
June 8th 04, 09:52 AM
"David Wright" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

Here's a good explination of the proceedure and why so many people dont
declaw there cats. Your basicly removing the last digit to remove each claw.
http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES/CATS/catdeclawing.HTM

jb
June 8th 04, 09:52 AM
"David Wright" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

Here's a good explination of the proceedure and why so many people dont
declaw there cats. Your basicly removing the last digit to remove each claw.
http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES/CATS/catdeclawing.HTM

J. Marz
June 8th 04, 03:29 PM
"David Wright" > wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
declawing.

James Marz

Born in lust, turn to dust.
Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King

J. Marz
June 8th 04, 03:29 PM
"David Wright" > wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
declawing.

James Marz

Born in lust, turn to dust.
Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King

Nicholas
June 8th 04, 03:56 PM
Yes, there is - declawing removes a cats ability to fight and climb, and
leaves it at the mercy of other animals, which is why its rightly illegial.

> My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> listened and it ended up missing
I wonder if you had anything to do with it...

"J. Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> "David Wright" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
>> him
>> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
>> decent
>> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
>> domestic
>> tom, aged 2 years.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> D.
>
> My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
> your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
> nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
> declawing.
>
> James Marz
>
> Born in lust, turn to dust.
> Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King

Nicholas
June 8th 04, 03:56 PM
Yes, there is - declawing removes a cats ability to fight and climb, and
leaves it at the mercy of other animals, which is why its rightly illegial.

> My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> listened and it ended up missing
I wonder if you had anything to do with it...

"J. Marz" > wrote in message
om...
> "David Wright" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
>> him
>> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
>> decent
>> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
>> domestic
>> tom, aged 2 years.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> D.
>
> My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
> your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
> nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
> declawing.
>
> James Marz
>
> Born in lust, turn to dust.
> Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King

Kristine Kochanski
June 8th 04, 04:38 PM
On 8 Jun 2004 07:29:52 -0700, (J. Marz) wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message >...
>> Hello,
>>
>> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>> tom, aged 2 years.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> D.
>
>My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
>paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
>listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
>your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
>nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
>declawing.

Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.

Kristine Kochanski
June 8th 04, 04:38 PM
On 8 Jun 2004 07:29:52 -0700, (J. Marz) wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message >...
>> Hello,
>>
>> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>> tom, aged 2 years.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> D.
>
>My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
>paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
>listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
>your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
>nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
>declawing.

Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.

Laura R.
June 8th 04, 10:43 PM
circa Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:38:44 +0100, in alt.cats, Kristine
Kochanski ) said,
> Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
> correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
> illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
> in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
> that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
> harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.

He's also a troll and best killfiled.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Laura R.
June 8th 04, 10:43 PM
circa Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:38:44 +0100, in alt.cats, Kristine
Kochanski ) said,
> Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
> correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
> illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
> in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
> that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
> harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.

He's also a troll and best killfiled.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Nicholas
June 9th 04, 10:52 AM
Indeed - someone to be ignored...

Has anyone managed to take a cat for a walk - apparently you can get cat
walking leads, which could be useful when you let a cat outside after, say,
moving house.
However, due to a cats nature I can either see you going around it circles
or not moving...

Nicholas

"Laura R." > wrote in message
.. .
> circa Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:38:44 +0100, in alt.cats, Kristine
> Kochanski ) said,
>> Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
>> correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
>> illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
>> in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
>> that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
>> harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.
>>
> He's also a troll and best killfiled.
>
> Laura
> --
> Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
> -Oscar Wilde

Nicholas
June 9th 04, 10:52 AM
Indeed - someone to be ignored...

Has anyone managed to take a cat for a walk - apparently you can get cat
walking leads, which could be useful when you let a cat outside after, say,
moving house.
However, due to a cats nature I can either see you going around it circles
or not moving...

Nicholas

"Laura R." > wrote in message
.. .
> circa Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:38:44 +0100, in alt.cats, Kristine
> Kochanski ) said,
>> Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
>> correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
>> illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
>> in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
>> that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
>> harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.
>>
> He's also a troll and best killfiled.
>
> Laura
> --
> Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
> -Oscar Wilde

Laura R.
June 10th 04, 12:44 AM
circa Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:52:54 +0100, in alt.cats, Nicholas
) said,
> Indeed - someone to be ignored...
>
> Has anyone managed to take a cat for a walk - apparently you can get cat
> walking leads, which could be useful when you let a cat outside after, say,
> moving house.
> However, due to a cats nature I can either see you going around it circles
> or not moving...

Lots of people have done it successfully. I had a cat years back who
*loved* to walk on a leash. He had a definite "route", and it was
really much like walking a dog, except that cats are much more agile
and apt to take alternate routes from point A to point B. :-)

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Laura R.
June 10th 04, 12:44 AM
circa Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:52:54 +0100, in alt.cats, Nicholas
) said,
> Indeed - someone to be ignored...
>
> Has anyone managed to take a cat for a walk - apparently you can get cat
> walking leads, which could be useful when you let a cat outside after, say,
> moving house.
> However, due to a cats nature I can either see you going around it circles
> or not moving...

Lots of people have done it successfully. I had a cat years back who
*loved* to walk on a leash. He had a definite "route", and it was
really much like walking a dog, except that cats are much more agile
and apt to take alternate routes from point A to point B. :-)

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

News
June 11th 04, 02:27 PM
Of course, that course of action depends on you catching the cat at it. My
neighbour has accused my cat of it in the past but neither of us have ever
seen my cat scratching the car. Our car isn't scratched so I'm betting my
neighbour is driving too close to bushes or something. Water generally puts
our cat off doing anythng naughty though so it would probably work ifwe
could catch him at it.

News
June 11th 04, 02:27 PM
Of course, that course of action depends on you catching the cat at it. My
neighbour has accused my cat of it in the past but neither of us have ever
seen my cat scratching the car. Our car isn't scratched so I'm betting my
neighbour is driving too close to bushes or something. Water generally puts
our cat off doing anythng naughty though so it would probably work ifwe
could catch him at it.

Larry R Harrison Jr
June 13th 04, 12:05 AM
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message

> I love cats and I wouldn't grease down my car to protect it from
> a neighbors cat. Keep the cat away from the car. Build an outdoor
> enclosure, buy your neighbor a car cover, get them keep away
> spray to put around their yards perimeter, squirting was a good idea,
> and it may help to make sure your Tom is fixed. Ok..maybe it won't
> help but it's still important if you are letting your cat roam.
>
> AG

Exactly. The neighbor should be able to do whatever the jolly heck they feel
without having to spend 1/2 the day covering their car up--and they still
shouldn't have to contend with this.

I'm not going to enter into the claw-declaw debate, but definitely do not
give the neighbor a blanket or car cover and expect them to do that every
single day. That's too much work. And the main thing is this: it is not
their pet causing the annoyance but someone else's, so they frankly
shouldn't have to lift a single finger to do anything. 100% of that falls on
the cat's owner, period.

LRH

Larry R Harrison Jr
June 13th 04, 12:05 AM
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message

> I love cats and I wouldn't grease down my car to protect it from
> a neighbors cat. Keep the cat away from the car. Build an outdoor
> enclosure, buy your neighbor a car cover, get them keep away
> spray to put around their yards perimeter, squirting was a good idea,
> and it may help to make sure your Tom is fixed. Ok..maybe it won't
> help but it's still important if you are letting your cat roam.
>
> AG

Exactly. The neighbor should be able to do whatever the jolly heck they feel
without having to spend 1/2 the day covering their car up--and they still
shouldn't have to contend with this.

I'm not going to enter into the claw-declaw debate, but definitely do not
give the neighbor a blanket or car cover and expect them to do that every
single day. That's too much work. And the main thing is this: it is not
their pet causing the annoyance but someone else's, so they frankly
shouldn't have to lift a single finger to do anything. 100% of that falls on
the cat's owner, period.

LRH

Larry R Harrison Jr
June 13th 04, 12:10 AM
"Nicholas" > wrote in message
. ..
> Yes, there is - declawing removes a cats ability to fight and climb, and
> leaves it at the mercy of other animals, which is why its rightly
illegial.

> > My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> > paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> > listened and it ended up missing
> I wonder if you had anything to do with it...

So what if he did? He had to protect his property, and if the neighbors
weren't fulfilling their responsibility to take care of such scenarios--the
victim had to do something. Some people just won't listen. Naturally of
course I would hope he wouldn't have KILLED it but merely (say) given it
away to someone else.

As for fighting & climbing, that depends on what's out there. I have a hard
time believing every single yard in the entire world is full of coyotes,
wolves, dogs, and other cats. In that case, big woop-de-doo.

LRH

Larry R Harrison Jr
June 13th 04, 12:10 AM
"Nicholas" > wrote in message
. ..
> Yes, there is - declawing removes a cats ability to fight and climb, and
> leaves it at the mercy of other animals, which is why its rightly
illegial.

> > My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> > paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> > listened and it ended up missing
> I wonder if you had anything to do with it...

So what if he did? He had to protect his property, and if the neighbors
weren't fulfilling their responsibility to take care of such scenarios--the
victim had to do something. Some people just won't listen. Naturally of
course I would hope he wouldn't have KILLED it but merely (say) given it
away to someone else.

As for fighting & climbing, that depends on what's out there. I have a hard
time believing every single yard in the entire world is full of coyotes,
wolves, dogs, and other cats. In that case, big woop-de-doo.

LRH

Laura R.
June 13th 04, 01:14 AM
circa Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:10:13 -0700, in alt.cats, Larry R Harrison
Jr ) said,
> > > My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> > > paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> > > listened and it ended up missing
> > I wonder if you had anything to do with it...
>
> So what if he did? He had to protect his property, and if the neighbors
> weren't fulfilling their responsibility to take care of such scenarios--the
> victim had to do something. Some people just won't listen. Naturally of
> course I would hope he wouldn't have KILLED it but merely (say) given it
> away to someone else.

Don't feed the trolls.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Laura R.
June 13th 04, 01:14 AM
circa Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:10:13 -0700, in alt.cats, Larry R Harrison
Jr ) said,
> > > My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
> > > paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
> > > listened and it ended up missing
> > I wonder if you had anything to do with it...
>
> So what if he did? He had to protect his property, and if the neighbors
> weren't fulfilling their responsibility to take care of such scenarios--the
> victim had to do something. Some people just won't listen. Naturally of
> course I would hope he wouldn't have KILLED it but merely (say) given it
> away to someone else.

Don't feed the trolls.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Tracy
June 13th 04, 06:12 AM
"David Wright" > wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

Just try diverting him to other places to scratch. Get a big outdoor
scratching post and set it up somewhere en route to the neighbors car
and stick catnip on it. Reward him with treats whenever he uses it.
Scold or spritz him if you see him approaching the car. If your
neighbors are amenable, spray some citrus in the vincinity of the car.
And offer to pay something to the neighbor to contribute to repainting
the car at some date in the future. It's your animal, it's your
responsibility.

But it should be possible to divert the cat to other, better places to
scratch.

Tracy
June 13th 04, 06:12 AM
"David Wright" > wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
> scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
> enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
> My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
> clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
> tom, aged 2 years.
>
> Thanks,
> D.

Just try diverting him to other places to scratch. Get a big outdoor
scratching post and set it up somewhere en route to the neighbors car
and stick catnip on it. Reward him with treats whenever he uses it.
Scold or spritz him if you see him approaching the car. If your
neighbors are amenable, spray some citrus in the vincinity of the car.
And offer to pay something to the neighbor to contribute to repainting
the car at some date in the future. It's your animal, it's your
responsibility.

But it should be possible to divert the cat to other, better places to
scratch.

Ed
July 15th 04, 08:54 AM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, "David Wright"
> wrote:
>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>tom, aged 2 years.

NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
the car.

Ed
July 15th 04, 08:54 AM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, "David Wright"
> wrote:
>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>
>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>tom, aged 2 years.

NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
the car.

m. L. Briggs
July 15th 04, 06:01 PM
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:54:22 -0700, Ed > wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, "David Wright"
> wrote:
>>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>>tom, aged 2 years.
>
>NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
>should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
>think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
>the car.

This has been posted before. The obvious solution is to keep your cat
inside. That would be best for the cat also. MLB

m. L. Briggs
July 15th 04, 06:01 PM
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:54:22 -0700, Ed > wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, "David Wright"
> wrote:
>>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
>>scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
>>enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
>>clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
>>tom, aged 2 years.
>
>NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
>should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
>think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
>the car.

This has been posted before. The obvious solution is to keep your cat
inside. That would be best for the cat also. MLB

Dave Lister
July 19th 04, 07:00 PM
Ed > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, "David Wright"
> > wrote:
>>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
>>him scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have
>>been decent enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's
>>claws clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is
>>a domestic tom, aged 2 years.
>
> NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
> should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
> think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
> the car.

Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

--
Un-elect Dubya in 2004

John Kerry for President

Dave Lister
July 19th 04, 07:00 PM
Ed > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:53:45 +0100, "David Wright"
> > wrote:
>>My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
>>him scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have
>>been decent enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!
>>
>>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's
>>claws clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is
>>a domestic tom, aged 2 years.
>
> NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
> should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
> think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
> the car.

Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

--
Un-elect Dubya in 2004

John Kerry for President

kaeli
July 19th 04, 07:14 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> >>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's
> >>claws clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is
> >>a domestic tom, aged 2 years.
> >
> > NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
> > should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
> > think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
> > the car.
>
> Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

It is quite illegal in many countries.

Please do not assume that the poster is in the US. In fact, reading the
grammar/spelling of the two posts ("neighbours") makes it very probable
that both are not in the US, but in the UK, which would strongly imply
that the prodecure is, in fact, illegal. Declawing is illegal in the UK.

The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're entitled
to your opinion.

~kaeli~
Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
July 19th 04, 07:14 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> >>My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's
> >>claws clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is
> >>a domestic tom, aged 2 years.
> >
> > NO to legal and NO to ethical and YES to possible. Your neighbours
> > should either garage the car or if they don't have a garage they might
> > think about throwing a tarp over the car or an actual car cover for
> > the car.
>
> Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

It is quite illegal in many countries.

Please do not assume that the poster is in the US. In fact, reading the
grammar/spelling of the two posts ("neighbours") makes it very probable
that both are not in the US, but in the UK, which would strongly imply
that the prodecure is, in fact, illegal. Declawing is illegal in the UK.

The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're entitled
to your opinion.

~kaeli~
Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Dave Lister
July 20th 04, 06:05 AM
kaeli > wrote in
:

> The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
> amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're entitled
> to your opinion.

I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.

--
Un-elect Dubya in 2004

John Kerry for President

Dave Lister
July 20th 04, 06:05 AM
kaeli > wrote in
:

> The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
> amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're entitled
> to your opinion.

I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.

--
Un-elect Dubya in 2004

John Kerry for President

kaeli
July 20th 04, 04:15 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> kaeli > wrote in
> :
>
> > The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
> > amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're entitled
> > to your opinion.
>
> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.

*laughs*

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

~kaeli~
Well, aren't we just a flipping ray of sunshine?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
July 20th 04, 04:15 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> kaeli > wrote in
> :
>
> > The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
> > amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're entitled
> > to your opinion.
>
> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.

*laughs*

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

~kaeli~
Well, aren't we just a flipping ray of sunshine?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Mary
July 20th 04, 05:43 PM
"Dave Lister" > wrote:

> Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

It's illegal where the OP is--in the UK. I don't know about ethical, that's
a subjective call, but I had it done to my cat before I realized what it was
and it turned out to be a really stupid move. (I guess I just thought they
removed *only the claws.* I had no idea they cut off the toe bone and
deformed the cat's feet.)

Why was it stupid? She got really mean, turned into a biter, and never again
covered her waste in the cat box. It would be doubly stupid for anyone to
declaw an outdoor tom. Might just as well kill him, as he'll wind up dead or
worse.

Mary
July 20th 04, 05:43 PM
"Dave Lister" > wrote:

> Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

It's illegal where the OP is--in the UK. I don't know about ethical, that's
a subjective call, but I had it done to my cat before I realized what it was
and it turned out to be a really stupid move. (I guess I just thought they
removed *only the claws.* I had no idea they cut off the toe bone and
deformed the cat's feet.)

Why was it stupid? She got really mean, turned into a biter, and never again
covered her waste in the cat box. It would be doubly stupid for anyone to
declaw an outdoor tom. Might just as well kill him, as he'll wind up dead or
worse.

Dave Lister
July 20th 04, 07:38 PM
kaeli > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> enlightened us with...
>> kaeli > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
>> > amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're
>> > entitled to your opinion.
>>
>> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.
>>

> *laughs*
>
> You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

I've got no issues with it at all.

--
Un-elect Dubya in 2004

John Kerry for President

Dave Lister
July 20th 04, 07:38 PM
kaeli > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> enlightened us with...
>> kaeli > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > The morality of it is subjective. I believe it is very immoral to
>> > amputate the end of a cat's toes for human convenience. You're
>> > entitled to your opinion.
>>
>> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.
>>

> *laughs*
>
> You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

I've got no issues with it at all.

--
Un-elect Dubya in 2004

John Kerry for President

Mary
July 20th 04, 07:52 PM
"Dave Lister" > wrote in message
05.50...
> kaeli > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > enlightened us with...
> >> kaeli > wrote in
> >> :

> >> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.
> >>

> > *laughs*
> >
> > You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
>
> I've got no issues with it at all.
>
> --
> Un-elect Dubya in 2004
>
> John Kerry for President

I'm going to have to ask you to change your
political party. All the other morons are voting for
Bush.

Mary
July 20th 04, 07:52 PM
"Dave Lister" > wrote in message
05.50...
> kaeli > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > enlightened us with...
> >> kaeli > wrote in
> >> :

> >> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.
> >>

> > *laughs*
> >
> > You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
>
> I've got no issues with it at all.
>
> --
> Un-elect Dubya in 2004
>
> John Kerry for President

I'm going to have to ask you to change your
political party. All the other morons are voting for
Bush.

kaeli
July 20th 04, 08:05 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...

> >> I do it for the cat's convenience - it saves its life.
> >>

> > *laughs*
> >
> > You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
>
> I've got no issues with it at all.

I'm sure you don't. No one's cutting off your body parts because they
can't figure out how to train you. I don't expect you to care a whit
about something you so obviously consider property.
As to it being for the sake of the cat's life, give me a break. What a
crock of s***. You (or whoever) can't train it, so it's mutilate it or
kill it? Yeah, okay. That's for the sake of the cat. Um hm. Please. And
how much IS that bridge you're selling?

~kaeli~
It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in
rats.