PDA

View Full Version : No teeth, what to eat

gifer
June 15th 04, 02:49 PM
My cat doesn't have any teeth now, 11 y/o Himalayan female. She will
eat/lick the juice from the wet cat feed, and the other cat will eat the
left overs.

She will not touch the sauce if I mix water with the bits to wash off more
of the juice and then give her all the juice and the "cleaner" bits to the
other cat.

I'm wondering what I can mix up and blend or liquify the can meat with, that
she will eat. She is very picky, and since she is, she is skinny... it's her
choice, she just won't eat cat food that I mess with... and I can't find any
with a lot of juice??

Any ideas?

John

Laura R.
June 15th 04, 09:18 PM
circa Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:49:32 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.misc, gifer
) said,
> My cat doesn't have any teeth now, 11 y/o Himalayan female. She will
> eat/lick the juice from the wet cat feed, and the other cat will eat the
> left overs.
>
> She will not touch the sauce if I mix water with the bits to wash off more
> of the juice and then give her all the juice and the "cleaner" bits to the
> other cat.
>
> I'm wondering what I can mix up and blend or liquify the can meat with, that
> she will eat. She is very picky, and since she is, she is skinny... it's her
> choice, she just won't eat cat food that I mess with... and I can't find any
> with a lot of juice??
>
> Any ideas?

Run the food through a food processor or blender until it's smooth.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Laura R.
June 15th 04, 09:18 PM
circa Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:49:32 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.misc, gifer
) said,
> My cat doesn't have any teeth now, 11 y/o Himalayan female. She will
> eat/lick the juice from the wet cat feed, and the other cat will eat the
> left overs.
>
> She will not touch the sauce if I mix water with the bits to wash off more
> of the juice and then give her all the juice and the "cleaner" bits to the
> other cat.
>
> I'm wondering what I can mix up and blend or liquify the can meat with, that
> she will eat. She is very picky, and since she is, she is skinny... it's her
> choice, she just won't eat cat food that I mess with... and I can't find any
> with a lot of juice??
>
> Any ideas?

Run the food through a food processor or blender until it's smooth.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

MIKE
June 15th 04, 09:38 PM
There are many canned foods that are smooth. Wellness, Innova, even
Whiskas all have varieties that don't have bits. If you warm the can in
warm water before serving, the food will be even softer. You could even
add a little water.

-MIKE

MIKE
June 15th 04, 09:38 PM
There are many canned foods that are smooth. Wellness, Innova, even
Whiskas all have varieties that don't have bits. If you warm the can in
warm water before serving, the food will be even softer. You could even
add a little water.

-MIKE

Laura R.
June 16th 04, 12:21 AM
circa Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:18:13 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.misc, Laura R.
) said,
> > Any ideas?
> >
> Run the food through a food processor or blender until it's smooth.

And add a bit of water to it, of course. :-)