PDA

View Full Version : in how many countries is microchipping pets compulsory?

banana
July 1st 04, 12:19 AM
In how many countries is microchipping pets compulsory?

So far, I know that it became compulsory in Israel a few years ago for
dogs to be microchipped (not so sure about all cats - the last I heard
was that if they are kept indoors the whole time, they don't have to be
microchipped, but this may have changed). Compulsory microchipping of
dogs is also being phased in in New South Wales, Australia. Is there
anywhere else?

--
banana "The thing I hate about you, Rowntree, is the way you
give Coca-Cola to your scum, and your best teddy-bear to

July 1st 04, 01:29 AM
no just drug addicts are chipped in UK

July 1st 04, 01:29 AM
no just drug addicts are chipped in UK

banana
July 1st 04, 03:11 PM
In article > >
writes:

>no just drug addicts are chipped in UK

About a quarter of medics in the UK are addicted to heroin etc.

The chips that dogs are compulsorily implanted with in Israel appear to
have been developed by the privately-owned company Trovan, which seems
to be based in the Isle of Man:

<http://www.trovan.com>

Globally they have some competition.

--

writes:

>no just drug addicts are chipped in UK

About a quarter of medics in the UK are addicted to heroin etc.

The chips that dogs are compulsorily implanted with in Israel appear to
have been developed by the privately-owned company Trovan, which seems
to be based in the Isle of Man:

<http://www.trovan.com>

Globally they have some competition.

--
banana "The thing I hate about you, Rowntree, is the way you
give Coca-Cola to your scum, and your best teddy-bear to
Oxfam, and expect us to lick your frigid fingers for the
rest of your frigid life." (Mick Travis, 'If...', 1968)

caroline
July 5th 04, 08:23 PM
"banana" wrote
> In how many countries is microchipping pets compulsory?

cats & dogs being *imported* into Singapore have to be microchipped...

caroline
July 5th 04, 08:23 PM
"banana" wrote