PDA

View Full Version : IAMS DOG AND CAT FOOD WARNING

kelly
July 16th 04, 03:10 AM
If you buy dog or cat food from the Iams Pet Food Company, you need to
visit a website iamscruelty.com.
Apparently, Iams keeps cats and dogs to TEST their foods on before it
goes to market. I had no idea pet food manufacturers used animals to
make a better food - but some do! Iams keeps cats and dogs in cages to
take blood, stool, urine and even muscle tissue samples as they
conduct nutritional testing. I was extremely upet to learn this and
immediately researched pet food companies that do not test on animals
- and there are a lot of them! My puppies now eat Wellness food and
they love it! No animal testing on this stuff!

Anyone who loves cats and dogs MUST visit iamscruelty.com and send an
email to Iams and tell them to stop testing on poor kitties and
puppies!!!

Ted Davis
July 16th 04, 01:45 PM
On 15 Jul 2004 19:10:43 -0700, (kelly)
wrote:

>If you buy dog or cat food from the Iams Pet Food Company, you need to
>visit a website iamscruelty.com.
>Apparently, Iams keeps cats and dogs to TEST their foods on before it
>goes to market. I had no idea pet food manufacturers used animals to
>make a better food - but some do! Iams keeps cats and dogs in cages to
>take blood, stool, urine and even muscle tissue samples as they
>conduct nutritional testing. I was extremely upet to learn this and
>immediately researched pet food companies that do not test on animals
>- and there are a lot of them! My puppies now eat Wellness food and
>they love it! No animal testing on this stuff!
>
>Anyone who loves cats and dogs MUST visit iamscruelty.com and send an
>email to Iams and tell them to stop testing on poor kitties and
>puppies!!!

I suppose you also object to testing human food products on humans. I
objecct to the notion of giving products that have not been shown to
be safe and to provide adequate nutrition to my animals.

T.E.D. )

wrote:

>If you buy dog or cat food from the Iams Pet Food Company, you need to
>visit a website iamscruelty.com.
>Apparently, Iams keeps cats and dogs to TEST their foods on before it
>goes to market. I had no idea pet food manufacturers used animals to
>make a better food - but some do! Iams keeps cats and dogs in cages to
>take blood, stool, urine and even muscle tissue samples as they
>conduct nutritional testing. I was extremely upet to learn this and
>immediately researched pet food companies that do not test on animals
>- and there are a lot of them! My puppies now eat Wellness food and
>they love it! No animal testing on this stuff!
>
>Anyone who loves cats and dogs MUST visit iamscruelty.com and send an
>email to Iams and tell them to stop testing on poor kitties and
>puppies!!!

I suppose you also object to testing human food products on humans. I
objecct to the notion of giving products that have not been shown to
be safe and to provide adequate nutrition to my animals.

T.E.D. )

kaeli
July 16th 04, 03:02 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...

> I suppose you also object to testing human food products on humans. I
> objecct to the notion of giving products that have not been shown to
> be safe and to provide adequate nutrition to my animals.

Last I checked, we didn't mutilate people as part of that testing. In
fact, I believe it's quite illegal.
There's a *big* difference between feeding trials and vivisection.

Note that IAMS and Eukanuba were bought by Procter & Gamble, a leading
pharmaceutical company that has no ethical problems with some very nasty
animal tests, several years ago. Animal welfare activists have only been
partially successful at getting them to get with the times and use tests
that actually have meaning instead of ancient tests that are performed
simply because they always have been. They ARE starting to get the
message and they HAVE begun to clean up their act (notably how test
animals are treated, not the tests themselves) - the more we keep up the
pressure on them, the more they'll know that people DO actually care.

Nothing is more harmful to living beings than apathy.

~kaeli~
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is
serious.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
July 16th 04, 03:02 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...

> I suppose you also object to testing human food products on humans. I
> objecct to the notion of giving products that have not been shown to
> be safe and to provide adequate nutrition to my animals.

Last I checked, we didn't mutilate people as part of that testing. In
fact, I believe it's quite illegal.
There's a *big* difference between feeding trials and vivisection.

Note that IAMS and Eukanuba were bought by Procter & Gamble, a leading
pharmaceutical company that has no ethical problems with some very nasty
animal tests, several years ago. Animal welfare activists have only been
partially successful at getting them to get with the times and use tests
that actually have meaning instead of ancient tests that are performed
simply because they always have been. They ARE starting to get the
message and they HAVE begun to clean up their act (notably how test
animals are treated, not the tests themselves) - the more we keep up the
pressure on them, the more they'll know that people DO actually care.

Nothing is more harmful to living beings than apathy.

~kaeli~
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is
serious.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Craig
July 16th 04, 11:16 PM
Ted Davis wrote:>

> I suppose you also object to testing human food products on humans. I
> objecct to the notion of giving products that have not been shown to
> be safe and to provide adequate nutrition to my animals.
>

> T.E.D. )
> SPAM filter: Messages to this address *must* contain "T.E.D."
> somewhere in the body or they will be automatically rejected.

Dude, you're way beyond clueless. I used to feed my cats Iams because of
the perceived "We Care about your pets heath" propaganda they spew. Even
today in the midst of advanced technology company's always seem to take
the route that perpetuates animal torture/abuse.

Craig
July 16th 04, 11:16 PM