PDA

View Full Version : Re: "And whiskers on kittens..."

Lee Waun
August 9th 04, 05:14 PM
"Bobcat" > wrote in message
.. .
> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

I like it when my little maine coon starts trilling and yiping at me. She
can get very loud too if you ignore her. You must immediately to ask her
what is up to stop the tirade.

Lee Waun
August 9th 04, 05:14 PM
"Bobcat" > wrote in message
.. .
> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

I like it when my little maine coon starts trilling and yiping at me. She
can get very loud too if you ignore her. You must immediately to ask her
what is up to stop the tirade.

Linda Terrell
August 9th 04, 05:14 PM
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 17:47:28 UTC, "Bobcat" >
wrote:

> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

Having them curl up beside me on my bed. I always have at least 2.
sometimes 5 will join me.

LT

wrote:

> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

Having them curl up beside me on my bed. I always have at least 2.
sometimes 5 will join me.

LT

Linda Terrell
August 10th 04, 08:48 AM
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:34:11 UTC, wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:14:01 GMT, "Lee Waun" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> >> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> >> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> >> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> >> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> >> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> >> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> >> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> >> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> >> making cats happy.
> >> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> >> cats/kittens???
> >>

> >I like it when my little maine coon starts trilling and yiping at me. She
> >can get very loud too if you ignore her. You must immediately to ask her
> >what is up to stop the tirade.
> >
> Little Maine Coon?

I thought that too -- "little" Maine Coon? Perhaps she's
not full grown yet and is merely only 14 lbs.

LT

--

Linda Terrell
August 10th 04, 08:48 AM
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:34:11 UTC, wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:14:01 GMT, "Lee Waun" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> >> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> >> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> >> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> >> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> >> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> >> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> >> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> >> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> >> making cats happy.
> >> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> >> cats/kittens???
> >>

> >I like it when my little maine coon starts trilling and yiping at me. She
> >can get very loud too if you ignore her. You must immediately to ask her
> >what is up to stop the tirade.
> >
> Little Maine Coon?

I thought that too -- "little" Maine Coon? Perhaps she's
not full grown yet and is merely only 14 lbs.

LT

--

Miss Violette
August 10th 04, 10:14 AM
Bobcat > wrote in message
.. .
> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

Miss Violette
August 10th 04, 10:14 AM
The unconditional love once you earn the trust, soft
Bobcat > wrote in message
.. .
> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

The Fur Conspiracy
August 11th 04, 02:18 AM
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 13:47:28 -0400, "Bobcat"
> wrote:

[shredded]

>OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
>cats/kittens???

Wel, Daddy sez he likes at leazt tree tingz:

rugnezz, like Mr. (Furry) Fred

stealthnezz, like Mr. GrowlTiger

sweetenezz like mineself, Ms. Martha-Mound

Chuggz,
Ms. M-M

The Fur Conspiracy:
Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]

The Fur Conspiracy
August 11th 04, 02:18 AM
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 13:47:28 -0400, "Bobcat"
> wrote:

[shredded]

>OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
>cats/kittens???

Wel, Daddy sez he likes at leazt tree tingz:

rugnezz, like Mr. (Furry) Fred

stealthnezz, like Mr. GrowlTiger

sweetenezz like mineself, Ms. Martha-Mound

Chuggz,
Ms. M-M

The Fur Conspiracy:
Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]

jackie balough
August 20th 04, 09:46 PM
My favorite thing about my cats is when they blink at me. I was told that
is one way that cats show affection to one another!
Jackie
Cleveland, OH

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
.. .
> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

jackie balough
August 20th 04, 09:46 PM
My favorite thing about my cats is when they blink at me. I was told that
is one way that cats show affection to one another!
Jackie
Cleveland, OH

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
.. .
> I was humming "My Favourite Things" today and thought of those words
> from it. It made me think of a poll we might take. What are YOUR
> favourite things about cats or kittens? I'll get the ball rolling with
> a couple of mine. Besides agreeing with Julie Andrews when she sings
> about those whiskers, I'll add my other favourite: - a cat's/kitten's
> purr. To me it's the most reassuring sound in the world, and usually
> cats intend it to be. Mama cats purr to tell their drowsy babies,
> "Sleep well. Everything's OK, I'm right here." And they often purr to
> tell their human serfs they're succeeding in their assigned task of
> making cats happy.
> OK, that's me. What about you? What's YOUR favourite thing about your
> cats/kittens???

Uluru Desta
September 15th 04, 02:20 PM
My favourite thing about Puzzle is how he follows me around. He always wants
to be fussed over, he's just a big soppy momma's boy.

My favourite thing about Maven is that he is like little dog, he fetches,
plays catch, and loves tasting any dairy that I might be having (ie: ice
cream, yogurt, cheese) and he waits by the door for the postman in the
mornings.