PDA

View Full Version : need help ID-ing breed

Cris Cho
August 15th 04, 11:01 AM
Hi... many years ago a friend of mine (who I've now lost touch with) had a
neighbour who had a pair of cats: shorthairs, big black and white patches
(i.e. non-spotty or tabby-striped). My memory is so-so on the tails; I'm
pretty sure they were non-fluffy, but I really don't recall if they were
normal length or short. The most remarkable thing about these cats is that
they were *huge*. We're talking head nearly knee height. They were the
biggest cats I've ever seen.

After looking around a little on the web I haven't been able to find a
picture of anything like them. Usually it's because the other breeds have
a fluffy tail.

Can anyone determine if they any specific breed? Or just accidental that
they were so big? (Pardon my terminology as I am no expert on cats.)

Thanks from Cris
--

Kalyahna
August 16th 04, 07:18 PM
"Cris Cho" > wrote in message
5.239...

> Hi... many years ago a friend of mine (who I've now lost touch with) had a
> neighbour who had a pair of cats: shorthairs, big black and white patches
> (i.e. non-spotty or tabby-striped). My memory is so-so on the tails; I'm
> pretty sure they were non-fluffy, but I really don't recall if they were
> normal length or short. The most remarkable thing about these cats is
that
> they were *huge*. We're talking head nearly knee height. They were the
> biggest cats I've ever seen.
>
> After looking around a little on the web I haven't been able to find a
> picture of anything like them. Usually it's because the other breeds have
> a fluffy tail.
>
> Can anyone determine if they any specific breed? Or just accidental that
> they were so big? (Pardon my terminology as I am no expert on cats.)
>
> Thanks from Cris
> --

Most likely just moggies (cat-mutts). Our two biggest shelter cats ever were
from a cat house - perhaps a result of inbreeding.

Kalyahna
August 16th 04, 07:18 PM
"Cris Cho" > wrote in message
5.239...

> Hi... many years ago a friend of mine (who I've now lost touch with) had a
> neighbour who had a pair of cats: shorthairs, big black and white patches
> (i.e. non-spotty or tabby-striped). My memory is so-so on the tails; I'm
> pretty sure they were non-fluffy, but I really don't recall if they were
> normal length or short. The most remarkable thing about these cats is
that
> they were *huge*. We're talking head nearly knee height. They were the
> biggest cats I've ever seen.
>
> After looking around a little on the web I haven't been able to find a
> picture of anything like them. Usually it's because the other breeds have
> a fluffy tail.
>
> Can anyone determine if they any specific breed? Or just accidental that
> they were so big? (Pardon my terminology as I am no expert on cats.)
>
> Thanks from Cris
> --

Most likely just moggies (cat-mutts). Our two biggest shelter cats ever were
from a cat house - perhaps a result of inbreeding.

Cris Cho
August 18th 04, 03:51 AM
"Kalyahna" > wrote in
:

> "Cris Cho" > wrote in message

Can anyone determine if they any specific breed? Or just accidental
>> that they were so big? (Pardon my terminology as I am no expert on
>> cats.)
>>

> Most likely just moggies (cat-mutts). Our two biggest shelter cats
> ever were from a cat house - perhaps a result of inbreeding.

Thanks for the information!
--

Cris Cho
August 18th 04, 03:51 AM