PDA

View Full Version : KITTENS WANTED

cb21
August 25th 04, 10:44 AM
Hi

I'm looking for 2 kittens to give a loving home to, if anyone knows of
someone that is selling kittens please could they let me know,

Thanks
Claire

--
Claire Batson
Departmental Secretary

kaeli
August 25th 04, 02:37 PM
In article >, enlightened us
with...
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for 2 kittens to give a loving home to, if anyone knows of
> someone that is selling kittens please could they let me know,

Why don't you adopt from your local RSPCA?
Help save a life. :)

~kaeli~
If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with
their lights off?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
August 25th 04, 02:37 PM
In article >, enlightened us
with...
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for 2 kittens to give a loving home to, if anyone knows of
> someone that is selling kittens please could they let me know,

Why don't you adopt from your local RSPCA?
Help save a life. :)

~kaeli~
If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with
their lights off?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

cb21
August 26th 04, 10:32 AM
Rang them but they are very picky who they give them to and do you know how
much each kitten costs? £60!!

"kaeli" > wrote in
> > I'm looking for 2 kittens to give a loving home to, if anyone knows of
> > someone that is selling kittens please could they let me know,
> >

> Why don't you adopt from your local RSPCA?
> Help save a life. :)

cb21
August 26th 04, 10:32 AM
Rang them but they are very picky who they give them to and do you know how
much each kitten costs? £60!!

"kaeli" > wrote in
> > I'm looking for 2 kittens to give a loving home to, if anyone knows of
> > someone that is selling kittens please could they let me know,
> >

> Why don't you adopt from your local RSPCA?
> Help save a life. :)

kaeli
August 26th 04, 02:25 PM
In article >, enlightened us
with...
> Rang them but they are very picky who they give them to and do you know how
> much each kitten costs? £60!!

By the time you vaccinate and neuter a kitten you buy from someone, you've
spent more than 60 pounds. ;)

If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.

~kaeli~
Can you be a closet claustrophobic?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
August 26th 04, 02:25 PM
In article >, enlightened us
with...
> Rang them but they are very picky who they give them to and do you know how
> much each kitten costs? £60!!

By the time you vaccinate and neuter a kitten you buy from someone, you've
spent more than 60 pounds. ;)

If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.

~kaeli~
Can you be a closet claustrophobic?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Linda Terrell
August 26th 04, 05:20 PM
> If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
> one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
> If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
> a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.

You've nver owned fish?

LT

Linda Terrell
August 26th 04, 05:20 PM
> If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
> one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
> If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
> a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.

You've nver owned fish?

LT

kaeli
August 26th 04, 06:50 PM
In article <[email protected]
004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> > If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
> > one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
> > If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
> > a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.
> >
> You've nver owned fish?

Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)

~kaeli~
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
August 26th 04, 06:50 PM
In article <[email protected]
004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> > If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
> > one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
> > If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
> > a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.
> >
> You've nver owned fish?

Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)

~kaeli~
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Linda Terrell
August 27th 04, 03:43 PM
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:50:53 UTC, kaeli >
wrote:

> In article <[email protected]
> 004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...
> >
> > > If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
> > > one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
> > > If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
> > > a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.
> > >
> > You've nver owned fish?
> >

> Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)

Ever own one for long?

they are the most difficult fish to keep.

wrote:

> In article <[email protected]
> 004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...
> >
> > > If you can't afford 60 pounds for a cat, you may want to reconsider getting
> > > one. They take time, energy, and MONEY. Food, toys, vet bills, and so on.
> > > If 60 pounds to save a life is too much for you, perhaps you'd like a fish or
> > > a hamster. They make lovely pets and are very cheap to care for.
> > >
> > You've nver owned fish?
> >

> Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)

Ever own one for long?

they are the most difficult fish to keep.

LT

kaeli
August 27th 04, 05:01 PM
In article <[email protected]
004scfairP0470.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:50:53 UTC, kaeli >
> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]
> > 004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> > > You've nver owned fish?
> > >

> > Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)
>
> Ever own one for long?
>
> they are the most difficult fish to keep.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm not
going to argue about fish. They're tasty. They can make decent pets. The
exotic ones CAN be expensive. That's all I have to say on it.
The point was that 60 pounds is nothing when you're talking pet care for an
animal that can live to be 15 to 20 years old. People need to get a pet that
fits their lifestyle. Money is part of that decision.

~kaeli~
I can't sleep.
The clowns might eat me.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
August 27th 04, 05:01 PM
In article <[email protected]
004scfairP0470.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:50:53 UTC, kaeli >
> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]
> > 004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> > > You've nver owned fish?
> > >

> > Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)
>
> Ever own one for long?
>
> they are the most difficult fish to keep.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm not
going to argue about fish. They're tasty. They can make decent pets. The
exotic ones CAN be expensive. That's all I have to say on it.
The point was that 60 pounds is nothing when you're talking pet care for an
animal that can live to be 15 to 20 years old. People need to get a pet that
fits their lifestyle. Money is part of that decision.

~kaeli~
I can't sleep.
The clowns might eat me.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Linda Terrell
August 27th 04, 05:15 PM
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:01:19 UTC, kaeli >
wrote:

> In article <[email protected]
> 004scfairP0470.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...
> > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:50:53 UTC, kaeli >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > In article <[email protected]
> > > 004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> > > Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)
> >
> > Ever own one for long?
> >
> > they are the most difficult fish to keep.
> >

> Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm not
> going to argue about fish. They're tasty. They can make decent pets. The
> exotic ones CAN be expensive. That's all I have to say on it.
> The point was that 60 pounds is nothing when you're talking pet care for an
> animal that can live to be 15 to 20 years old. People need to get a pet that
> fits their lifestyle. Money is part of that decision.

Hey, I agree. Cats don't need to eat fish.

How much is 60L in USA?

I've spent that several times on rescue cats. Cats run $60
at local shelters. Unless the SPCA is having a "sale" and then
it's $25.

wrote:

> In article <[email protected]
> 004scfairP0470.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...
> > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:50:53 UTC, kaeli >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > In article <[email protected]
> > > 004scfairP0132.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> > > Sure. Goldfish. The little ones kids win at carnivals. ;)
> >
> > Ever own one for long?
> >
> > they are the most difficult fish to keep.
> >

> Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm not
> going to argue about fish. They're tasty. They can make decent pets. The
> exotic ones CAN be expensive. That's all I have to say on it.
> The point was that 60 pounds is nothing when you're talking pet care for an
> animal that can live to be 15 to 20 years old. People need to get a pet that
> fits their lifestyle. Money is part of that decision.

Hey, I agree. Cats don't need to eat fish.

How much is 60L in USA?

I've spent that several times on rescue cats. Cats run $60
at local shelters. Unless the SPCA is having a "sale" and then
it's $25.

LT

kaeli
August 27th 04, 06:45 PM
In article <[email protected]
004scfairP0470.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> Hey, I agree. Cats don't need to eat fish.
>
> How much is 60L in USA?

60 GBP = $107 USD.

Seems like a lot, but everything is relative. A bag of cat food that costs
$10 here costs $20 there, at least according to a quick search I did.
I went here.
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=35
I looked at the 3KG bad of Pro Plan listed at 11.60 GBP.
11.60 GBP = $20.70 USD
3KG = 6.6lbs
A 6lb bag of pro plan would cost me around $11 USD at my local store.

> I've spent that several times on rescue cats. Cats run $60
> at local shelters. Unless the SPCA is having a "sale" and then
> it's $25.

Our shelters run anywhere from $50 in the city (kill shelter) to $150 at some
of the no-kill, non-profit shelters (the rare ones that are cageless, have
lots of volunteers, scheduled playtimes, and so on). I'd say $75 is pretty
average.
Considering the fact that when I had my cat spayed, it cost me $150, I'd say
getting an already neutered cat for less than that is a bargain. Plus costs
of vaccinations, wormings, and so on.

~kaeli~
The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully
recovered.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
August 27th 04, 06:45 PM
In article <[email protected]
004scfairP0470.dialsprint.net>, enlightened us with...

> Hey, I agree. Cats don't need to eat fish.
>
> How much is 60L in USA?

60 GBP = $107 USD.

Seems like a lot, but everything is relative. A bag of cat food that costs
$10 here costs $20 there, at least according to a quick search I did.
I went here.
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=35
I looked at the 3KG bad of Pro Plan listed at 11.60 GBP.
11.60 GBP = $20.70 USD
3KG = 6.6lbs
A 6lb bag of pro plan would cost me around $11 USD at my local store.

> I've spent that several times on rescue cats. Cats run $60
> at local shelters. Unless the SPCA is having a "sale" and then
> it's $25.

Our shelters run anywhere from $50 in the city (kill shelter) to $150 at some
of the no-kill, non-profit shelters (the rare ones that are cageless, have
lots of volunteers, scheduled playtimes, and so on). I'd say $75 is pretty
average.
Considering the fact that when I had my cat spayed, it cost me $150, I'd say
getting an already neutered cat for less than that is a bargain. Plus costs
of vaccinations, wormings, and so on.

~kaeli~
The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully
recovered.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

frlpwr
August 29th 04, 07:41 PM
kaeli > wrote in message >...

(snip)

> Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm
> not going to argue about fish. They're tasty.

If you won't discuss fish, how about discussing your moral
inconsistency? People who are caring and generous to one species,
while being callous and inddiferent to another puzzle me. Can you
offer any logical support for your stance?

frlpwr
August 29th 04, 07:41 PM
kaeli > wrote in message >...

(snip)

> Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm
> not going to argue about fish. They're tasty.

If you won't discuss fish, how about discussing your moral
inconsistency? People who are caring and generous to one species,
while being callous and inddiferent to another puzzle me. Can you
offer any logical support for your stance?

kaeli
August 30th 04, 03:26 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> kaeli > wrote in message >...
>
> (snip)
>
> > Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm
> > not going to argue about fish. They're tasty.
>
> If you won't discuss fish, how about discussing your moral
> inconsistency? People who are caring and generous to one species,
> while being callous and inddiferent to another puzzle me. Can you
> offer any logical support for your stance?

Sure.
Because I CAN.

Cool, eh?

~kaeli~
All I ask is the chance to prove that money cannot make me
happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

kaeli
August 30th 04, 03:26 PM
In article >,
enlightened us with...
> kaeli > wrote in message >...
>
> (snip)
>
> > Whatever. I'm not going to argue about fish on a cat group. Actually, I'm
> > not going to argue about fish. They're tasty.
>
> If you won't discuss fish, how about discussing your moral
> inconsistency? People who are caring and generous to one species,
> while being callous and inddiferent to another puzzle me. Can you
> offer any logical support for your stance?

Sure.
Because I CAN.

Cool, eh?

~kaeli~
All I ask is the chance to prove that money cannot make me
happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Kalyahna
August 30th 04, 11:14 PM
"kaeli" > wrote in message
> > How much is 60L in USA?
>
> 60 GBP = $107 USD.

Our kittens are $100 - altered, vaccinated, and Revolutioned, and tested for
FeLV.

Consider a neuter runs around $80, spays a little more, vaccinations run
about $15 a pop for just FVRCP - if we have them long enough, they get
boostered as well. FeLV tests aren't cheap, either.