PDA

View Full Version : Gate question

Buckley
August 25th 04, 07:12 PM
We have a logistical problem that can only be solved by a baby gate with
a cat-sized door. Has anyone seen such a product and if so, where did
you find it?

Thanks!
Keith

~*Connie*~
August 27th 04, 06:12 PM
most cats can jump over standard baby gates. if yours can't. buy a wooden
one and cut a small hole in it.

"Buckley" > wrote in message
> We have a logistical problem that can only be solved by a baby gate with
> a cat-sized door. Has anyone seen such a product and if so, where did
> you find it?
>
> Thanks!
> Keith

---MIKE---
August 28th 04, 08:34 PM
When Tiger was a kitten (four to five months old), I tried to restrict
him to one room with a baby gate. It didn't work. He would climb right
over it so I had to erect a shelf over it to stop him.

---MIKE---

---MIKE---
August 28th 04, 08:34 PM
When Tiger was a kitten (four to five months old), I tried to restrict
him to one room with a baby gate. It didn't work. He would climb right
over it so I had to erect a shelf over it to stop him.

---MIKE---

Dave
August 28th 04, 09:52 PM
In message >
(---MIKE---) wrote:

>When Tiger was a kitten (four to five months old), I tried to restrict
>him to one room with a baby gate. It didn't work. He would climb right
>over it so I had to erect a shelf over it to stop him.

Agreed. Baby gates (two of them, arranged vertically) managed to stop
our kittens until the first time we had chicken wings on our side of the
gate. After that it was up-and-over with no real difficulty at all.

--
SCIENTISTS COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES FOR VITAMIN CONTENT
"It's like comparing apples and oranges," says researcher

Dave
August 28th 04, 09:52 PM
In message >
(---MIKE---) wrote:

>When Tiger was a kitten (four to five months old), I tried to restrict
>him to one room with a baby gate. It didn't work. He would climb right
>over it so I had to erect a shelf over it to stop him.

Agreed. Baby gates (two of them, arranged vertically) managed to stop
our kittens until the first time we had chicken wings on our side of the
gate. After that it was up-and-over with no real difficulty at all.

--
SCIENTISTS COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES FOR VITAMIN CONTENT
"It's like comparing apples and oranges," says researcher

Magic Mood Jeep©
August 28th 04, 10:52 PM
I tried a baby gat with Weeble, he was able to squeeze between the edge of
the gate & the doorframe. Poorly constructed gate - if a kitten can squeeze
through it, what happens when said baby that gate is supposedly constructed
for gets stuck?

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Dave" > wrote in message
> In message >
> (---MIKE---) wrote:
>
>>When Tiger was a kitten (four to five months old), I tried to restrict
>>him to one room with a baby gate. It didn't work. He would climb right
>>over it so I had to erect a shelf over it to stop him.
>
> Agreed. Baby gates (two of them, arranged vertically) managed to stop
> our kittens until the first time we had chicken wings on our side of the
> gate. After that it was up-and-over with no real difficulty at all.
>

> --
> SCIENTISTS COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES FOR VITAMIN CONTENT
> "It's like comparing apples and oranges," says researcher

Dave
August 29th 04, 07:11 AM
In message <[email protected]_s52> "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> wrote:

>I tried a baby gat with Weeble, he was able to squeeze between the edge of
>the gate & the doorframe. Poorly constructed gate - if a kitten can squeeze
>through it, what happens when said baby that gate is supposedly constructed
>for gets stuck?

Yuck. Crappy gate. You couldn't get a finger between our gates and the
wall.

--
Can I get a w00t w00t?

Dave
August 29th 04, 07:11 AM
In message <[email protected]_s52> "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> wrote:

>I tried a baby gat with Weeble, he was able to squeeze between the edge of
>the gate & the doorframe. Poorly constructed gate - if a kitten can squeeze
>through it, what happens when said baby that gate is supposedly constructed
>for gets stuck?

Yuck. Crappy gate. You couldn't get a finger between our gates and the
wall.

--
Can I get a w00t w00t?

Buckley
August 30th 04, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the personal experiences ... but I would still like to know
if such a device exists. It is the only solution to a cat-dog issue.

Thanks,
Keith