PDA

View Full Version : fwd: Cat-skinning movie at Film Festival?

Bobcat
September 2nd 04, 01:08 PM
The following was posted to the newsgroup tor.general by someone
calling himself "News Guy". It should interest readers of these
newsgroups.
____________

Apparently, the Toronto film festival is planning on showing a
documentary
movie showing footage from a video that three sadistic youths took of
themselves as they skinned a cat while it was alive.

Here is the story from the Toronto Star: http://tinyurl.com/6nlsm

I urge all rational, compassionate people to contact the festival
organizers
and express how outraged you are about this tasteless decision to
screen this
film. The organizers may be contacted at the following e-mail address:

News Guy

Bobcat
September 2nd 04, 02:21 PM
Further to the post I forwarded earlier, another Toronto Star article
on the film in today's paper gives a different slant on the proposed
Toronto Film Festival showing of the film about the perpetrators of
the crime against a cat. If, as the writer Geoff Pevere states, the
film reveals the culprits in their true light, it puts a different
light on the controversy. But what all this does bring up again in the
light of the ridiculously lenient sentence the guilty parties
received, is that Canadian laws should be introduced and existing laws
strengthened to increase the punishment for cruelty to animals. Here's
Pevere's article:

http://tinyurl.com/59hra

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> The following was posted to the newsgroup tor.general by someone
> calling himself "News Guy". It should interest readers of these
> newsgroups.
> ____________
>
> Apparently, the Toronto film festival is planning on showing a
> documentary
> movie showing footage from a video that three sadistic youths took
of
> themselves as they skinned a cat while it was alive.
> Here is the story from the Toronto Star: http://tinyurl.com/6nlsm
> I urge all rational, compassionate people to contact the festival
> organizers
> and express how outraged you are about this tasteless decision to
> screen this
> film. The organizers may be contacted at the following e-mail
address:

> News Guy>

CatNipped
September 2nd 04, 03:37 PM
Bobcat, I also saw this in another newsgroup and wrote in this newsgroup how
badly this upset me (to the point of having to go to the ladies room to
vomit and then not being able to stop crying.

I know you mean well, but a lot of people in this newsgroup just can't take
hearing or reading about cat abuse - not even in the subject line. So, when
we want to post a story here about that subject we put "Abuse Warning" in
the subject line and DON'T put any details about the abuse in the subject
line. That way people who can bear reading about this an who may want to
join in doing something about it can still read the post, but those who
can't, or who are just temporarily feeling a bit fragile, can avoid even
thinking about such a horrific act.

Again, thank you for trying to bring about positive change in the world.

Hugs,

CatNipped

[...]

September 2nd 04, 04:46 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bobcat, I also saw this in another newsgroup and wrote in this
newsgroup how
> badly this upset me (to the point of having to go to the ladies room
> vomit and then not being able to stop crying.
> I know you mean well, but a lot of people in this newsgroup just
can't take
> hearing or reading about cat abuse - not even in the subject line.
So, when
> we want to post a story here about that subject we put "Abuse
Warning" in
> the subject line and DON'T put any details about the abuse in the
subject
> line. That way people who can bear reading about this an who may
want to
> join in doing something about it can still read the post, but those
who
> can't, or who are just temporarily feeling a bit fragile, can avoid
even
> thinking about such a horrific act.
> Again, thank you for trying to bring about positive change in the
world.
> Hugs,
> CatNipped

I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
the contributors and readers of this newsgroups I sent it to are
delightful, sensitive groups of people whose joy in cats match my own,
and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.
Bobcat

Bobcat
September 2nd 04, 04:46 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> Bobcat, I also saw this in another newsgroup and wrote in this
newsgroup how
> badly this upset me (to the point of having to go to the ladies room
> vomit and then not being able to stop crying.
> I know you mean well, but a lot of people in this newsgroup just
can't take
> hearing or reading about cat abuse - not even in the subject line.
So, when
> we want to post a story here about that subject we put "Abuse
Warning" in
> the subject line and DON'T put any details about the abuse in the
subject
> line. That way people who can bear reading about this an who may
want to
> join in doing something about it can still read the post, but those
who
> can't, or who are just temporarily feeling a bit fragile, can avoid
even
> thinking about such a horrific act.
> Again, thank you for trying to bring about positive change in the
world.
> Hugs,
> CatNipped

I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
the contributors and readers of this newsgroups I sent it to are
delightful, sensitive groups of people whose joy in cats match my own,
and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.
Bobcat

CatNipped
September 2nd 04, 07:07 PM
"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
> it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
> the contributors and readers of this newsgroups I sent it to are
> delightful, sensitive groups of people whose joy in cats match my own,
> and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
> that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
> atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.
> Bobcat

I totally understand, as I said in my other post, no apology necessary.
These attrocities make me crazy and make me want to do to the perpetrators
worse than what they've done to their victims.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
September 2nd 04, 07:07 PM
"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
> it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
> the contributors and readers of this newsgroups I sent it to are
> delightful, sensitive groups of people whose joy in cats match my own,
> and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
> that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
> atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.
> Bobcat

I totally understand, as I said in my other post, no apology necessary.
These attrocities make me crazy and make me want to do to the perpetrators
worse than what they've done to their victims.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Melissa Houle
September 2nd 04, 09:42 PM
Bobcat > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> > Bobcat, I also saw this in another newsgroup and wrote in this
> newsgroup how
> > badly this upset me (to the point of having to go to the ladies room
> > vomit and then not being able to stop crying.
> SNIP
>
> I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
> it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
> the contributors and readers of this newsgroups I sent it to are
> delightful, sensitive groups of people whose joy in cats match my own,
> and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
> that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
> atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.
> Bobcat

I understand your anger, and I thank you for the apology. Just so you know,
I just sent an e-mail to the organizers and asked them to please pull that
film from the festival. I get upset just thinking about it. Especially now,
as I see my three wonderful cat friends lounging on my bed. My urge to
protect them is running at peak efficiency.

Melissa

Melissa Houle
September 2nd 04, 09:42 PM