PDA

View Full Version : [NASTY STUFF ALERT] Re: What kind of idiot responds to a message...

Bobcat
October 16th 04, 01:13 PM
"Electric Nachos" > wrote in message
> That PLONKS them??
> If I <PLONK> you, that means you're in my killfile, you dolts! I
can't see
> your replies unless someone I haven't plonked responds to snippets
> of your stupid ----.
> So why in the world do you address me - Knowing full well that I'M
NOT
> READING YOU??
> STUPID!

This troll (whose expletives I've trimmed) gets his jollies by
annoying people who read cat newsgroups. Yesterday in effect, he told
the rec.pets.cats.misc crowd they shouldn't neuter or spay their
animals, sanctimoniously calling them "animal mutilators". I suggest a
cumulative plonk of this person, as I'm about to do. The address is
There's no one sadder than a troll who can't
catch anyone because no one's reading his/her bilge!

Adrian
October 16th 04, 02:29 PM
Bobcat wrote:

> This troll (whose expletives I've trimmed) gets his jollies by
> annoying people who read cat newsgroups. Yesterday in effect, he told
> the rec.pets.cats.misc crowd they shouldn't neuter or spay their
> animals, sanctimoniously calling them "animal mutilators". I suggest a
> cumulative plonk of this person, as I'm about to do. The address is
> There's no one sadder than a troll who can't
> catch anyone because no one's reading his/her bilge!

I must have plonked him before as I never saw the original post.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

S.M. Serba
October 16th 04, 05:47 PM
Actually, that's a munged addy. The real addy is or
.

Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges their
addy so your offline comments get bounced.

--
Missey, Mandy and Sam III
The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection

"Bobcat" > wrote in message
> "Electric Nachos" > wrote in message
> > That PLONKS them??
> > If I <PLONK> you, that means you're in my killfile, you dolts! I
> can't see
> > your replies unless someone I haven't plonked responds to snippets
> > of your stupid ----.
> > So why in the world do you address me - Knowing full well that I'M
> NOT
> > READING YOU??
> > STUPID!
>
> This troll (whose expletives I've trimmed) gets his jollies by
> annoying people who read cat newsgroups. Yesterday in effect, he told
> the rec.pets.cats.misc crowd they shouldn't neuter or spay their
> animals, sanctimoniously calling them "animal mutilators". I suggest a
> cumulative plonk of this person, as I'm about to do. The address is
> There's no one sadder than a troll who can't
> catch anyone because no one's reading his/her bilge!

Electric Nachos
October 16th 04, 06:50 PM
Bobcat wrote in message ...
>"Electric Nachos" > wrote in message
>> That PLONKS them??
>> If I <PLONK> you, that means you're in my killfile, you dolts! I
>can't see
>> your replies unless someone I haven't plonked responds to snippets
>> of your stupid ----.
>> So why in the world do you address me - Knowing full well that I'M
>NOT
>> READING YOU??
>> STUPID!
>
>This troll

<PLONK>

Electric Nachos
October 16th 04, 07:05 PM
I gotta wonder about a fat ass who has nothing better to do than Google
thousands of posts to follow a trail.

Don't have much a life, huh.

S.M. Serba wrote in message ...
>Actually, that's a munged addy. The real addy is or
.

>Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges their
>addy so your offline comments get bounced.
>

>--
>Missey, Mandy and Sam III
>The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection
>in Katnada

<PLONK>

Christina Websell
October 16th 04, 08:43 PM
I also gotta wonder about someone who spoils a thread in a kind newsgroup.
PLONK

.

>>Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges their
>>addy so your offline comments get bounced.
>>

>>--
>>Missey, Mandy and Sam III
>>The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection
>>in Katnada
>
> <PLONK>

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
October 16th 04, 11:06 PM
S.M. Serba wrote:

> Actually, that's a munged addy. The real addy is or
> .
>
> Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges their
> addy so your offline comments get bounced.

What's to "wonder"? That's the whole point! Why would
people post to newsgroups if they wanted off-line
correspondence? (A distorted return address also keeps a
certain amount of spam out of your inbox.)

S.M. Serba
October 16th 04, 11:30 PM
It didn't take googling a thousand posts. All it took was 2. Try it
yourself...

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message

> I also gotta wonder about someone who spoils a thread in a kind newsgroup.
> PLONK
>

> "Electric Nachos" > wrote in message
> >I gotta wonder about a fat ass who has nothing better to do than Google
> > thousands of posts to follow a trail.
> >
> > Don't have much a life, huh.
> >
> > S.M. Serba wrote in message ...
> >>Actually, that's a munged addy. The real addy is
> >>or
> .
> >>
> >>Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges
their
> >>addy so your offline comments get bounced.
> >>

> >>--
> >>Missey, Mandy and Sam III
> >>The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection
> >>in Katnada
> >
> > <PLONK>

Christina Websell
October 17th 04, 12:03 AM
Why? I'm on this group to swap anecdotes about my cats. If you aren't try
another group.
I'm not quite sure why I'm suspicious of hotmail posts, but I am and your
post wasn't helpful.

Tweed

"S.M. Serba" > wrote in message
> It didn't take googling a thousand posts. All it took was 2. Try it
> yourself...
>

> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message
>>
>> I also gotta wonder about someone who spoils a thread in a kind
>> newsgroup.
>> PLONK
>>

>> "Electric Nachos" > wrote in message
>> >I gotta wonder about a fat ass who has nothing better to do than Google
>> > thousands of posts to follow a trail.
>> >
>> > Don't have much a life, huh.

>> .

> their

>> > <PLONK>

CatNipped
October 17th 04, 12:09 AM
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
6 (1 oz) squares of semisweet chocolate, finely grated
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
24 whole almonds
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds

Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add chocolate, egg yolk and
creme de cacao; heat until blended. Chill mixture 1 hour. Shape mixture into
1" balls, inserting one whole almond into center of each; roll in almonds.
Cover, refrigerate overnight.

Hugs,

CatNipped

S.M. Serba
October 17th 04, 12:19 AM
I post using Hotmail because they filter my mail before I download it. My
Outlook gets stuffed with spam and I have to filter it after the fact.
Wastes a lot of my time. And I otherwise use my non-hotmail account for my
business. Pointless, since that is now where I am getting all my spam.... :(

As for someone's previous post about offline conversations, as this thread
is off topic, it should be offline of this NG. Anything tending towards off
topic subjects, or content which might incite flame wars should be taken
offline. Thus, not munging your address or posting in your signature line
another method of displaying a valid address makes other communications
possible.

The OP, Electric Nachos, has munged their replyto address making offline
communications impossible unless you happen to know their real addy.

I advise anyone to have an address provided by a free service, like Yahoo
mail or Hotmail, just for NG posting. And to post their addy in their
sigline eg. smserba <at> hotmail <dot> com. The spiders and email harvesters
cannot identify that as an address. But they can pick up the addresses in
quoted replies.

"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> Why? I'm on this group to swap anecdotes about my cats. If you aren't try
> another group.
> I'm not quite sure why I'm suspicious of hotmail posts, but I am and your
> post wasn't helpful.
>
> Tweed
>

> "S.M. Serba" > wrote in message
> > It didn't take googling a thousand posts. All it took was 2. Try it
> > yourself...
> >

> > "Christina Websell" > wrote in
message

> >> I also gotta wonder about someone who spoils a thread in a kind
> >> newsgroup.
> >> PLONK

Google

> >> .

> > their

Rrb
October 17th 04, 01:18 AM
S.M. Serba wrote:
> I post using Hotmail because they filter my mail before I download it. My
> Outlook gets stuffed with spam and I have to filter it after the fact.
> Wastes a lot of my time. And I otherwise use my non-hotmail account for my
> business. Pointless, since that is now where I am getting all my spam.... :(
>
> As for someone's previous post about offline conversations, as this thread
> is off topic, it should be offline of this NG. Anything tending towards off
> topic subjects, or content which might incite flame wars should be taken
> offline. Thus, not munging your address or posting in your signature line
> another method of displaying a valid address makes other communications
> possible.

No munging your address is necessary because of spambots. Now I agree
with the part of putting a contact method in your signature line. I
myself just use a valid email address in the from line that is a
throwaway address that can be changed at any time.

> I advise anyone to have an address provided by a free service, like Yahoo
> mail or Hotmail, just for NG posting. And to post their addy in their
> sigline eg. smserba <at> hotmail <dot> com. The spiders and email harvesters
> cannot identify that as an address. But they can pick up the addresses in
> quoted replies.

You mean currently they can't - which is good. As a programmer I could
write a routine that would figure out the email address by replacing the
<at> with @ and <dot> with a . character. Better to put a word or
character in the address that is invalid and give instructions on
removing it.

Electric Nachos
October 17th 04, 02:21 AM
It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think this is a
"kind" newsgroup!

.

>>>Gotta wonder about someone who wants a conversation and then munges their
>>>addy so your offline comments get bounced.
>>>

>>>--
>>>Missey, Mandy and Sam III
>>>The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection
>>>in Katnada
>>
>> <PLONK>

Jo Firey
October 17th 04, 02:59 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>3 tablespoons butter, softened
> 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
> 6 (1 oz) squares of semisweet chocolate, finely grated
> 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
> 2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
> 24 whole almonds
> 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
>
> Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add chocolate, egg yolk
> and
> creme de cacao; heat until blended. Chill mixture 1 hour. Shape mixture
> into
> 1" balls, inserting one whole almond into center of each; roll in almonds.
> Cover, refrigerate overnight.

Sounds wonderful.

Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup.

One can Black Refried Beans
Same amount of chicken broth
A shot of sherry if you like it.
Maybe a touch of olive oil
Salt, pepper

Heat to simmer and stir well, add more broth of you wish. Serve in bowl
with a spoonful of sour cream topped with a spoonful of salsa. Two nice
servings.

Jo

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
October 17th 04, 07:07 AM
Electric Nachos wrote:
> It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think this is a
> "kind" newsgroup!

And it's even MORE apparent that you've not read many of the
posts here! (PLONK, encore!)

Adrian
October 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Electric Nachos wrote:
> It's apparent you gotta wonder about anything at all if you think
> this is a "kind" newsgroup!

You obviously haven't looked to see this thread has been crossposted.
PLONK

Bobcat
October 17th 04, 06:35 PM
I think a lot of us use Hotmail for the same reason as you do, S.M.
Serba - to foil Spam. I mung up my real Hotmail addy with "UNSPAM",
and use an ISP mailbox for my non-newsgroup business & private
correspondence, which only gets occasional spam. "Tweed", that's why
you can't really judge anyone who uses Hotmail for doing so.

"S.M. Serba" > wrote in message
> I post using Hotmail because they filter my mail before I download
it. My
> Outlook gets stuffed with spam and I have to filter it after the
fact.
> Wastes a lot of my time. And I otherwise use my non-hotmail account
for my
> business. Pointless, since that is now where I am getting all my
spam.... :(
> I advise anyone to have an address provided by a free service, like
Yahoo
> mail or Hotmail, just for NG posting. And to post their addy in
their
> sigline eg. smserba <at> hotmail <dot> com. The spiders and email
harvesters
> cannot identify that as an address. But they can pick up the
addresses in
> quoted replies.

> "Christina Websell" > wrote in
message

> > I'm not quite sure why I'm suspicious of hotmail posts, but I
am...
> > Tweed

Bobcat
October 18th 04, 01:00 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Sat 16 Oct 2004 09:29:36a, Adrian wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):
>
> > Bobcat wrote:
> >>
> >> This troll (whose expletives I've trimmed) gets his jollies by
> >> annoying people who read cat newsgroups. Yesterday in effect,
> >> he told the rec.pets.cats.misc crowd they shouldn't neuter or
> >> spay their animals, sanctimoniously calling them "animal
> >> mutilators". I suggest a cumulative plonk of this person, as
> >> I'm about to do. The address is There's
> >> no one sadder than a troll who can't catch anyone because no
> >> one's reading his/her bilge!
> >
> > I must have plonked him before as I never saw the original post.
>
> No, these posts (multiple threads; if you don't read other cat
> groups you'd have never seen them) were *never* xposted into RPCA.
> The first one was xposted by Bobcat, and the OP just followed up to
> his/hers which is why you are even bothered by them. The real
> question is, why did Bobcat xpost the thread (ok, new subject line,
> but still xposted) into RPCA? Maybe he needed a recipe?
> Cheryl

I've heard privately from someone else in this newsgroup
(rec.pets.cats.anecdotes) and have apologized to them for
crossposting. Further, I think a group apology is required, so this is
it. Sorry. My only reason is that I have an aversion to persons -
especially trolls - who attempt to disconcert readers of cat
newsgroups for their own warped pleasure, and was expressing my
aversion of them to those readers.
Bobcat