PDA

View Full Version : How Cats view Humans

Josh
October 30th 04, 01:35 PM
I've heard that cats view us as large cats, rather than themselves as
small humans.

But then, why do they freak out at new, unknown cats, but tolerate
(and even enjoy) the company of new, unknown humans? It would seem
that if their view was that we're all cats of differing sizes, then
their reactions to the introduction of new "cats" should be one of
hostility, regardless of size.

Also, cats (mine, anyway) go ballistic at the site of a dog, but
babies and small children of the same size are tolerated (if
reluctantly).

Just wondering...

Gary
October 30th 04, 04:22 PM
Tigger seems to like us!
Read here:
www.cutecats.co.uk :)

Gary.

"Josh" > wrote in message
om...
> I've heard that cats view us as large cats, rather than themselves as
> small humans.
>
> But then, why do they freak out at new, unknown cats, but tolerate
> (and even enjoy) the company of new, unknown humans? It would seem
> that if their view was that we're all cats of differing sizes, then
> their reactions to the introduction of new "cats" should be one of
> hostility, regardless of size.
>
> Also, cats (mine, anyway) go ballistic at the site of a dog, but
> babies and small children of the same size are tolerated (if
> reluctantly).
>
> Just wondering...

the dog from that film you saw
October 30th 04, 06:33 PM
"Josh" > wrote in message
om...
> I've heard that cats view us as large cats, rather than themselves as
> small humans.

hmmmm - so how do they view lions and tigers? :)

--
Gareth.
Quote of the day.