PDA

View Full Version : Cat Loves Refrigerator

Ruby Tuesday
November 26th 04, 03:42 AM
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Usually when I open the
refrigerator door, Mico sticks his head inside, and I have to push him out.
But three times now, he's gotten the better of me, and wiggled on top of the
last shelf, and gone to the back of the fridge! It's not like my apartment
is overheated or anything. Weird....

- Ruby Tuesday

Smokey Stover
December 2nd 04, 11:35 PM
"Ruby Tuesday" > wrote in message >...
> I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Usually when I open the
> refrigerator door, Mico sticks his head inside, and I have to push him out.
> But three times now, he's gotten the better of me, and wiggled on top of the
> last shelf, and gone to the back of the fridge! It's not like my apartment
> is overheated or anything. Weird....
>
> - Ruby Tuesday

Not so weird, Ruby. Many cats just can resist climbing into
anything at all. We can't keep our guys out of closets,
cupboards, boxes, shopping bags or anything else that is opened
for more than a few seconds. :)

Smokey

John Doe
December 3rd 04, 12:51 AM
"Ruby Tuesday" > wrote:

>I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Usually when I open the
>refrigerator door, Mico sticks his head inside, and I have to push him
out.
>But three times now, he's gotten the better of me, and wiggled on top
of the
>last shelf, and gone to the back of the fridge! It's not like my
apartment
>is overheated or anything. Weird....

Yes, I think they love it, but I imagine there might be some risk of
suffocation if you forget. Please be sure to research the suffocation
matter if you have any doubts. Personally, after some experience with
that, I don't think it's worth it. I like to always know that my cats
are in a safe place (they are extremely tough creatures, but sometimes
ignorant of human made hazards and dogs). Good luck.

Karen M.
December 3rd 04, 02:24 PM
Ruby Tuesday wrote:
> I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Usually when I open the
> refrigerator door, Mico sticks his head inside, and I have to push him out.
> But three times now, he's gotten the better of me, and wiggled on top of the
> last shelf, and gone to the back of the fridge! It's not like my apartment
> is overheated or anything. Weird....

You could load the fridge up with water jugs (recycled beverage
containers) so there's no room for kitty bodies.

I think I would re-train the critter by closing the door and
counting to about 20. By then the fridge interior would have gotten
v-e-r-y s-c-a-r-y and when you open the door you'll have to stand
back. This would solve the problem of forgetting that kitty is in
there and accidentally closing him up.

Will spare you the parrot-in-the-freezer joke.

--Karen M.