PDA

View Full Version : kitty safari

Ken Phifer
November 29th 04, 11:41 PM
I recently borrowed the video "Kitty Safari"...Do your cats respond
to this video or do they ignore it? Do older cats respond more readily
than kittens?

Thanks

Ken

Tim Hogard
December 1st 04, 07:37 AM
Ken Phifer ) wrote:
: I recently borrowed the video "Kitty Safari"...Do your cats respond
: to this video or do they ignore it? Do older cats respond more readily
: than kittens?

Cats tend to not watch TV. I expect their eyes are senstive to
different frequencies and it may give them a headache just like
people get when looking at a poorly configured computer screen.

I had a cat that would ignore the TV except for Aussies Rules
football which was a rare thing to see on TV in the US 20 years
ago. When that was on, he was very active at chasing the ball.
The odd thing about it is that it may have been the only thing he
could see since the game was recored at 25 Hz and the converted to
30 Hz which has an effect of slowing down some of the motion.

My kitten likes to listen to the cubs play in the moving the Born
Free. She will also watch the movie if its shown on an LCD screen
but not on the TV. She will sit and watch a screen saver for a
long time and she likes to watch a flight simulator and a game
called TuxRacer but only on the LCD screen, not an older style
monitor.

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com

ceb
December 2nd 04, 10:06 PM
"Diane L. Schirf" > wrote in news:ZeLrd.1712
:

> My current cat doesn't watch
> TV, but then I haven't had anything on that would interest him. :)

Perhaps you missed the recent PBS special about British Royal pets. Rosalie
was quite intrigued, particularly by the meezers owned by someone royal
whom I'd never heard of and now can't remember. She kind of stalked up to
the screen and then batted it with her paw. She didn't hiss or anything, I
wonder if she knows it's not real? When she was new to our household (and
new to houses in general) she would often run away when she heard the tv,
and I felt pretty sure that she thought there were multiple loud unknown
people in the house, thus making hiding under the bed a necessity.

--Catherine
& Rosalie the now quite civilized calicohead who loves living in a house