PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Safer Vaccinations for our Pets

December 2nd 04, 05:36 PM
Hi,

A few of my friends and I have been working on a petition to hopefully
make routine vaccinations a little safer for our cats and dogs. My
friends and I have lost cats to Vaccine Related Cancer. We are not
anti-vaccination, but Pro-Education. We feel that all pet owners
deserve the right to know the risks and benefits of vaccinations so we
can make educated decisions in caring for our pets.

You can access the petition from here:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shortionline/petition/petition.htm

or go directly to the petition site itself:
http://www.petitiononline.com/petvax23/petition.html

If you agree with this petition, please sign it and share it with
everyone you know! Hopefully together we can make some changes.

thanks for your time and help!
Gigi

www.shorti-online.org
cat owners should be aware of the risks of feline vaccine related
cancer

Monique Y. Mudama
December 2nd 04, 06:27 PM
On 2004-12-02, penned:
> Hi,
>
> A few of my friends and I have been working on a petition to hopefully make
> routine vaccinations a little safer for our cats and dogs. My friends and I
> have lost cats to Vaccine Related Cancer. We are not anti-vaccination, but
> Pro-Education. We feel that all pet owners deserve the right to know the
> risks and benefits of vaccinations so we can make educated decisions in
> caring for our pets.
>
> You can access the petition from here:
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shortionline/petition/petition.htm
>
> or go directly to the petition site itself:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/petvax23/petition.html
>
> If you agree with this petition, please sign it and share it with everyone
> you know! Hopefully together we can make some changes.
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know.
>
> thanks for your time and help! Gigi
>
> www.shorti-online.org cat owners should be aware of the risks of feline
> vaccine related cancer

I don't know how effective these online petitions really are, but I would like
to educate myself about the issue. Could you please cite sources about
vaccine associated illnesses and specifically the claim that 1-year rabies
vaccinations are being billed as 3-year?

--
monique

Gigi
December 3rd 04, 02:01 AM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message >...

> I don't know how effective these online petitions really are, but I would like
> to educate myself about the issue. Could you please cite sources about
> vaccine associated illnesses and specifically the claim that 1-year rabies
> vaccinations are being billed as 3-year?

Hi Monique,

Well, I hope we can make some changes for our pets with this petition.
Since I lost my cat to VAS, I know of more websites related to the
problems cats have with vaccinations... so these are mainly cat
related:

Here are some articles and websites for you to take a look at:
www.catshots.com
www.shorti-online.org

USA Today article saying 1 year/3 year connection:
http://www.usaweekend.com/00_issues/000806/000806vaccinations.html

Wall St. Journal "Are Annual Shots Overkill?"
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shortionline/wallst.html

Feline Vaccines by Steve Dale
http://wgnradio.com/shows/pet/felinevaccines.htm

Vaccine-Associated Feline Sarcomas: A Summary of USP Data
http://www.usp.org/veterinary/vpr_speech.html

Parenteral Administration of FVRCP Vaccines Induces Antibodies Against
Feline Renal Tissues.
http://www.geocities.com/~kremersark/acvim_3_2002.html

hope this helps,
Gigi

Monique Y. Mudama
December 3rd 04, 02:43 AM
On 2004-12-03, Gigi penned:

> Hi Monique,
>
> Well, I hope we can make some changes for our pets with this petition.
> Since I lost my cat to VAS, I know of more websites related to the problems
> cats have with vaccinations... so these are mainly cat related:

Thank you for the links, Gigi.

I think it would be helpful if you put these links on your petition site.
There are a lot of opinions on the web, and many of them have no support
documents. A lot of people, like me, want to read several independent
publications on the topic and come to their own conclusions.

I wonder if there are any vet journals carrying articles on this issue ...
that would be even better ... I'll have to look. I'm seeing the vet anyway,
tomorrow; I'll have to talk to her.

--
monique, caretaker of Oscar

Gigi
December 3rd 04, 02:46 PM
"Monique Y. Mudama" > wrote in message >...

> I wonder if there are any vet journals carrying articles on this issue ...
> that would be even better ... I'll have to look. I'm seeing the vet anyway,
> tomorrow; I'll have to talk to her.

Hi Monique,

Another good article (since you are going to see the vet soon) is
this:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shortionline/letter4.html

There are quite a few articles written in vet journals about VAS,
there are quite a few on catshots.com.

I'll probably list the references that I posted to you yesterday on my
website's petition page... thanks for the suggestion :)

take care,
Gigi