PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to get home

Dan M
December 19th 04, 01:40 AM
The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.

I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.

Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.

Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Dan

Christina Websell
December 19th 04, 01:50 AM
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for Christmas.
> Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load all
> the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting in
> the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Purrs coming that you'll both be home for the holidays.

Tweed

CatNipped
December 19th 04, 01:54 AM
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
> all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
> in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Purrs coming that you and Harri make it home for Christmas.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Victor Martinez
December 19th 04, 03:58 AM
Dan M wrote:
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Purrs for you and Harri to make it home!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam here:

Stormin Mormon
December 19th 04, 04:13 AM
While you're in SLC, a visit to Temple Square is a good thing to do.

Good luck on getting home on time. Planes, trains, and automobiles?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dan M" > wrote in message
The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.

I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.

Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.

Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Dan

Karen Chuplis
December 19th 04, 04:26 AM
in article , Dan M at wrote on
12/18/04 6:40 PM:

> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
> all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
> in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan
'AWwwww. Major purrs you will get home for Christmas. It seems you have been
traveling a long time.

Tanada
December 19th 04, 06:12 AM
Dan M wrote:

> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
> in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Purrs and Christmas miracle wishes for you and Harri to be home with
your loved ones.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Six + Mozart and Speedy the D-thing

Marina
December 19th 04, 06:44 AM
Dan M wrote:
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Aww, Dan, I can understand that! We'll be purring for it to happen somehow.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Miss Violette
December 19th 04, 10:21 AM
*delurk* we will purr *relurk*
Lee
Dan M > wrote in message ...
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
> all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
> in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

December 19th 04, 11:11 AM
Dan M > wrote:

> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.

> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal... [snip]

> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

I don't blame you! How long have you and she been travelling together?
Seems like about 6 weeks or more! It's about time the two of you got
home for a rest! I hope you get to spend the holidays with Nancy!

Joyce

O J
December 19th 04, 12:39 PM
Dan M wrote:

---------------------<snip>----------------------
>Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

And here's one going out to all you truckers out there. Keep the
shiny side up and the greasy side down!

>Six Days On The Road (E. Green, C. Montgomery)
>
>I pulled out of Pittsburgh rolling down the Eastern seaboard
>I've got my diesel wound up and she's running like never before
>There's a speed zone ahead on right and I ain't see a cop all night
>Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight
>
>I got a ten forward gears and a Georgia overdrive
>I take little white pills and my eyes are open wide
>I just passed a "Gimmy" and a "White"
>I've been smokin' everything in sight
>Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight
>
>Well it seems like a month since I kissed my baby goodbye
>And I can have a lot of women but I'm not like some other guys
>I can find one to hold me tight
>But I could never make believe it's alright
>Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight
>
>Now the ICC's been a-checkin' on down the line
>I'm a little overweight and my log book's way behind
>Nothing bothers me tonight
>I can dodge all them scales all right
>Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight
>
>Well my rig's a little low, but that don't mean she's slow
>got the stacks blowin' fire and the smoke's blowing black as coal
>My hometown's coming in sight
>If you think I'm happy, you're right
>Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight

Purrs that you make it home for Christmas. Since I don't have
children, I always used to volunteer to stay late Christmas Eve and be
on call for Christmas, but I sure could have used one of my kitties
for company.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

jmcquown
December 19th 04, 04:06 PM
Dan M wrote:
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Purrs coming your way for Christmas at home.

Jill

Adrian
December 19th 04, 07:16 PM
Dan M wrote:
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
> all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after
> Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch
> trailers with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now
> I'm sitting in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to
> appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Purrs that you make it home for Christmas.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Ann
December 19th 04, 08:57 PM
Purrs on the way that you get home. How is Harri doing?

Ann

"Dan M" > wrote in message
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for Christmas.
> Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load all
> the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting in
> the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Dan M
December 19th 04, 09:03 PM
Ann wrote:

> Purrs on the way that you get home. How is Harri doing?
>
> Ann

She's doing great! She's learning quite well how to wrap me around her
little paw. She a little bored today, though - so am I. We're just
sitting around the Salt Lake terminal waiting for dispatch to set us up
on a trip south.

We haven't been doing much walking lately, as Harri has made it clear
that her tiny kitten pads are NOT meant for walking in temperatures
below freezing. But as soon as we return to the land of decent weather
we're going to do as much extra kitten walking as we can to make up for
the recent deficit.

Ginger-lyn Summer
December 19th 04, 09:10 PM
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:40:48 -0800, Dan M > wrote:

>The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
>scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
>Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
>I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
>just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
>Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
>all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
>Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
>with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
>in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
>Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
>Dan

Awww. Dan, I really hope you can make it home for Xmas. Safe
travelling home purrs on their way.

Ginger-lyn

Kreisleriana
December 19th 04, 09:19 PM
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:40:48 -0800, Dan M > yodeled:

>The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
>scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
>Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
>I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
>just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
>Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
>all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
>Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
>with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
>in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
>Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
>Dan

Big holiday purrs for you to get there. ;) Harri is da bomb. ;)

Theresa

Christine Burel
December 19th 04, 10:09 PM
PURRS for you and Harri to make it home!
Christine
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
> all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
> in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Yoj
December 19th 04, 11:35 PM
Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!

Joy

"Dan M" > wrote in message
> The folks I drive for are normally really good about drivers home for
> scheduled home time. They make a special point of doing so for
> Christmas. Right now, though, it's looking kind of iffy.
>
> I'm in Salt Lake City at the company terminal, on a load that delivers
> just south of Chicago on Tuesday. My home time is scheduled to start
> Thursday. With the hours available for me to drive, if I run this load
> all the way to Chicago I won't make it home until well after Christmas.
>
> Dispatch had supposedly set up a repower for me (where I switch trailers
> with another driver), but the repower fell through. So now I'm sitting
> in the yard hoping and purring for a new repower to appear.
>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

polonca12000
December 19th 04, 11:41 PM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for you and Harri to be home for Christmas,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Dan M" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
> Dan

Dan M
December 20th 04, 02:58 AM
Yoj wrote:

> Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!

Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got a
repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon.
When my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern
Nevada on the way to CA!

Tanada
December 20th 04, 07:10 AM
Dan M wrote:

> Yoj wrote:
>
>> Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!
>

> Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got a
> repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon.
> When my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern
> Nevada on the way to CA!

That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Purrs that you get there soon and safely.
Please give Harri a hug and Nancy lots of scritches for us all here.

Pam S.

SUQKRT
December 20th 04, 07:16 PM
In article >, Dan M > wrote:

>Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!
>
>Dan

Purrs that you and Harri are home for Christmas.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

SUQKRT
December 20th 04, 07:16 PM
In article t>, Tanada
> wrote:

>Dan M wrote:
>
>> Yoj wrote:
>>
>>> Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!
>>

>> Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got
>> repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon.
>
>> When my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern
>
>> Nevada on the way to CA!
>>

>That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Purrs that you get there soon and safely.
>Please give Harri a hug and Nancy lots of scritches for us all here.
>
>Pam S.

Yaaaaaaay!
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Jo Firey
December 20th 04, 07:55 PM
"Dan M" > wrote in message
> Yoj wrote:
>
>> Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!
>
> Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got a
> repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon. When
> my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern Nevada
> on the way to CA!

Sending purrs for good roads and good weather. And a very merry Christmas.

Jo

Monique Y. Mudama
December 21st 04, 01:59 AM
On 2004-12-19, Dan M penned:

> Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Good luck, Dan.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Dan M
December 21st 04, 03:18 AM
It's looking really good for us to get home for Christmas - we're back
in California.

Boy, are we ever back in California! I've gotten spoiled - pull into
even small to medium truckstops at any time of day and find plenty of
empty parking spaces - it's been great. Now I'm back in CA and CA
traffic. Pulled into a very large truck stop in south of Stockton and
had to cruise through the lot for half an hour until someone pulled out.
And this was at 4 PM when they're usually not completely packed!
There's a lot to be said for travelling outside of CA.

Meanwhile, Harri has been getting bored. Daytime high temps have been
barely above freezing, and Harri has made it quite clear that her dainty
little paw pads are not meant for freezing surfaces. So we've been
having to play *lots* and *lots* of feather wand.

She is also developing quite a vocabulary. She sleeps a lot while I'm
driving, so she doesn't see much need for sleep once I get parked for
the night. After I've been asleep for 2 to 3 hours I here this cute
little squeak that sounds a lot like "Papa", usually delivered from a
couple inches in front of my nose. If I don't open my eyes quickly
enough she proceeds to wash my face for me until I'm laughing. Then I
get a squeak that sounds suspiciously like "play".

I've also been hearing a new sound out her lately - a sort of trilly
squeak. She has been making that sound when she does something for the
first time, so I guess it means "Look at me!". The most recent example
was last night as we were leaving Utah. I'm driving through dense
freezing fog, barely able to see a trucklength ahead of me, when I hear
from back in the sleeper this new trilly squeak. I figured "oh oh, I
woinder if she's gotten herself stuck and needs help?" I took the next
offramp and pulled off the road, and when I looked in the sleeper I saw
her standing on the top bunk. That's the first time she's ever made it
up there by herself while the truck was rolling! I petted her and
congratulated her, got back behind the wheel and prepared to pull out
again when I heard the sound again. I peaked back into the sleeper and
she was back on the bottom bunk - again without help! She is getting to
be quite selfconfident and agile, and is not afraid to call her
accomplishments to my attention.

I love it!

Ann
December 21st 04, 04:06 AM
More purrs on the way thay you get home for Christmas. I love hearing
stories about Harri.
Ann

"Dan M" > wrote in message
> It's looking really good for us to get home for Christmas - we're back in
> California.
>
> Boy, are we ever back in California! I've gotten spoiled - pull into even
> small to medium truckstops at any time of day and find plenty of empty
> parking spaces - it's been great. Now I'm back in CA and CA traffic.
> Pulled into a very large truck stop in south of Stockton and had to cruise
> through the lot for half an hour until someone pulled out. And this was at
> 4 PM when they're usually not completely packed! There's a lot to be said
> for travelling outside of CA.
>
> Meanwhile, Harri has been getting bored. Daytime high temps have been
> barely above freezing, and Harri has made it quite clear that her dainty
> little paw pads are not meant for freezing surfaces. So we've been having
> to play *lots* and *lots* of feather wand.
>
> She is also developing quite a vocabulary. She sleeps a lot while I'm
> driving, so she doesn't see much need for sleep once I get parked for the
> night. After I've been asleep for 2 to 3 hours I here this cute little
> squeak that sounds a lot like "Papa", usually delivered from a couple
> inches in front of my nose. If I don't open my eyes quickly enough she
> proceeds to wash my face for me until I'm laughing. Then I get a squeak
> that sounds suspiciously like "play".
>
> I've also been hearing a new sound out her lately - a sort of trilly
> squeak. She has been making that sound when she does something for the
> first time, so I guess it means "Look at me!". The most recent example was
> last night as we were leaving Utah. I'm driving through dense freezing
> fog, barely able to see a trucklength ahead of me, when I hear from back
> in the sleeper this new trilly squeak. I figured "oh oh, I woinder if
> she's gotten herself stuck and needs help?" I took the next offramp and
> pulled off the road, and when I looked in the sleeper I saw her standing
> on the top bunk. That's the first time she's ever made it up there by
> herself while the truck was rolling! I petted her and congratulated her,
> got back behind the wheel and prepared to pull out again when I heard the
> sound again. I peaked back into the sleeper and she was back on the bottom
> bunk - again without help! She is getting to be quite selfconfident and
> agile, and is not afraid to call her accomplishments to my attention.
>
> I love it!

Marina
December 21st 04, 08:13 AM
Dan M wrote:
> I love it!

So do I! She sounds like such a sweet and personable little kitty. We're
still purring that you make it home by Christmas.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

December 21st 04, 10:05 AM
Dan M > wrote:

> ...After I've been asleep for 2 to 3 hours I here this cute
> little squeak that sounds a lot like "Papa", usually delivered from a
> couple inches in front of my nose. If I don't open my eyes quickly
> enough she proceeds to wash my face for me until I'm laughing. Then I
> get a squeak that sounds suspiciously like "play".

> ...I'm driving through dense
> freezing fog, barely able to see a trucklength ahead of me, when I hear
> from back in the sleeper this new trilly squeak. I figured "oh oh, I
> woinder if she's gotten herself stuck and needs help?" I took the next
> offramp and pulled off the road, and when I looked in the sleeper I saw
> her standing on the top bunk. That's the first time she's ever made it
> up there by herself while the truck was rolling!

What sweet adorable little girl! I'll bet you didn't plan for her to
be a permanent truck pet when you first picked her up! She sounds great
to have along.

Joyce

polonca12000
December 21st 04, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the update, Dan, I really enjoyed reading it!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Dan M" > wrote in message
> It's looking really good for us to get home for Christmas - we're back
> in California.
>
> Boy, are we ever back in California! I've gotten spoiled - pull into
> even small to medium truckstops at any time of day and find plenty of
> empty parking spaces - it's been great. Now I'm back in CA and CA
> traffic. Pulled into a very large truck stop in south of Stockton and
> had to cruise through the lot for half an hour until someone pulled out.
> And this was at 4 PM when they're usually not completely packed!
> There's a lot to be said for travelling outside of CA.
>
> Meanwhile, Harri has been getting bored. <snip>

Dan M
December 21st 04, 12:57 PM
> What sweet adorable little girl! I'll bet you didn't plan for her to
> be a permanent truck pet when you first picked her up! She sounds great
> to have along.
>
> Joyce

No, my original intention was to to get her to CA and let her join the
other cats at home. But she seems to enjoying the truck so much that I
have now immediate plans to have her become a home-cat. This truck-cat
arrangement seesm to be working very well for both of us.

Dan

Debbie Wilson
December 21st 04, 01:25 PM
Dan M > wrote:

> > What sweet adorable little girl! I'll bet you didn't plan for her to
> > be a permanent truck pet when you first picked her up! She sounds great
> > to have along.
> >
> > Joyce
>
> No, my original intention was to to get her to CA and let her join the
> other cats at home. But she seems to enjoying the truck so much that I
> have now immediate plans to have her become a home-cat. This truck-cat
> arrangement seesm to be working very well for both of us.

I had a look at some pics of trucks like yours on the web - just
wondering how different your HGVs are to ours here in the UK. It is a
very nice-looking interior! plenty of space! Makes ours look positively
tiny by comparison. I can imagine having a cat would make it seem nearly
like home :-)

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Dan M
December 21st 04, 03:03 PM
> I had a look at some pics of trucks like yours on the web - just
> wondering how different your HGVs are to ours here in the UK. It is a
> very nice-looking interior! plenty of space! Makes ours look positively
> tiny by comparison. I can imagine having a cat would make it seem nearly
> like home :-)
>
> Deb.

It definitely could be worse! I wouldn't really mind this at all, if I
didn't have a loving wife and four lovely kitties waiting for me at home.

Dan

Kreisleriana
December 21st 04, 03:20 PM
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:18:51 -0800, Dan M > yodeled:

>It's looking really good for us to get home for Christmas - we're back
>in California.
>
>Boy, are we ever back in California! I've gotten spoiled - pull into
>even small to medium truckstops at any time of day and find plenty of
>empty parking spaces - it's been great. Now I'm back in CA and CA
>traffic. Pulled into a very large truck stop in south of Stockton and
>had to cruise through the lot for half an hour until someone pulled out.
> And this was at 4 PM when they're usually not completely packed!
>There's a lot to be said for travelling outside of CA.
>
>Meanwhile, Harri has been getting bored. Daytime high temps have been
>barely above freezing, and Harri has made it quite clear that her dainty
>little paw pads are not meant for freezing surfaces. So we've been
>having to play *lots* and *lots* of feather wand.
>
>She is also developing quite a vocabulary. She sleeps a lot while I'm
>driving, so she doesn't see much need for sleep once I get parked for
>the night. After I've been asleep for 2 to 3 hours I here this cute
>little squeak that sounds a lot like "Papa", usually delivered from a
>couple inches in front of my nose. If I don't open my eyes quickly
>enough she proceeds to wash my face for me until I'm laughing. Then I
>get a squeak that sounds suspiciously like "play".
>
>I've also been hearing a new sound out her lately - a sort of trilly
>squeak. She has been making that sound when she does something for the
>first time, so I guess it means "Look at me!". The most recent example
>was last night as we were leaving Utah. I'm driving through dense
>freezing fog, barely able to see a trucklength ahead of me, when I hear
>from back in the sleeper this new trilly squeak. I figured "oh oh, I
>woinder if she's gotten herself stuck and needs help?" I took the next
>offramp and pulled off the road, and when I looked in the sleeper I saw
>her standing on the top bunk. That's the first time she's ever made it
>up there by herself while the truck was rolling! I petted her and
>congratulated her, got back behind the wheel and prepared to pull out
>again when I heard the sound again. I peaked back into the sleeper and
>she was back on the bottom bunk - again without help! She is getting to
>be quite selfconfident and agile, and is not afraid to call her
>accomplishments to my attention.
>
>I love it!

What a riot! What great entertainment. ;)

Theresa