PDA

View Full Version : Sibling jealousy

Marina
December 22nd 04, 07:34 PM
As most of you know, both my cats have hyperthyroidism, and I give them
their medicine mixed into sour cream twice a day. Frank used to be an
angel about eating his sour cream. He would even come and remind me if I
was late with his 'treat'.

Nikki has always been a little more difficult. I have to feed her, one
fingertip-ful by one fingrtip-ful of sour cream to get it into her.
While Frank used to lick his bowl clean in no time (the medication
always has to happen when both cats are relaxing on the bed).

But a week ago or so, Frank realised something. He would stop in the
midst of licking his bowl and glare at me, feeding Nikki. Then he would
suddenly shoot off the bed, leaving half his sour cream behind.

So these days I first slowly feed Frank, fingertip by fingertip, then I
slowly feed Nikki, fingertip by fingertip. <sigh>

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Pat
December 22nd 04, 07:45 PM
> So these days I first slowly feed Frank, fingertip by fingertip, then I
> slowly feed Nikki, fingertip by fingertip. <sigh>

ROFL! Maybe you could do both at once. (You do, after all, have two hands!)
Otherwise there could be more jealousy issues.