PDA

View Full Version : Cards are still coming!

Sherry
December 22nd 04, 11:36 PM
I just wanted to post and say how I have enjoyed the cards. But I am getting so
many, and some names I don't recall sending cards to. I got mixed up with the
list when I was sending cards, and initially ran out of cards. So I think I
missed some people, not intentionally. Mostly because I think I have received
many more cards than I sent.
At this point I am out of cards, money, and time so it is too late. But please
know that I have so enjoyed each and every card, and wish everybody a wonderful
holiday, whether you got a card from me or not. :-)

Sherry

Bob M
December 23rd 04, 08:39 PM
Sherry wrote:

> I just wanted to post and say how I have enjoyed the cards. But I am getting so
> many, and some names I don't recall sending cards to. I got mixed up with the
> list when I was sending cards, and initially ran out of cards. So I think I
> missed some people, not intentionally. Mostly because I think I have received
> many more cards than I sent.
> At this point I am out of cards, money, and time so it is too late. But please
> know that I have so enjoyed each and every card, and wish everybody a wonderful
> holiday, whether you got a card from me or not. :-)
>
> Sherry

Happy Holidays to you Sherry and to everyone here! I didn't
participate in the card exchange this year due to money. I'm still a cop
out on disability and things are really hard right now. But I want you
all to know the thought was there.

Bob

Christina Websell
December 23rd 04, 11:05 PM
"Bob M" > wrote in message
> Sherry wrote:
>>
>> I just wanted to post and say how I have enjoyed the cards. But I am
>> getting so
>> many, and some names I don't recall sending cards to. I got mixed up with
>> the
>> list when I was sending cards, and initially ran out of cards. So I think
>> missed some people, not intentionally. Mostly because I think I have
>> received
>> many more cards than I sent.
>> At this point I am out of cards, money, and time so it is too late. But
>> please
>> know that I have so enjoyed each and every card, and wish everybody a
>> wonderful
>> holiday, whether you got a card from me or not. :-)
>>
>> Sherry
>
> Happy Holidays to you Sherry and to everyone here! I didn't
> participate in the card exchange this year due to money. I'm still a cop
> out on disability and things are really hard right now. But I want you
> all to know the thought was there.
>
> Bob

I am having a hard time too, being off from work for a year. The cards sent
from rpca have given me so much pleasure, I want you all to know this.
I have a woodburner in an inglenook, and above it is a huge sloping roof
with slates. I have fixed all the cards just under the edge of the slates,
so it grips them.
A friend came over this afternoon. She said "Wow, you have so many cards!"
I said "Oh, yes, that's because I'm popular"
<grin>

Tweed

polonca12000
December 23rd 04, 11:43 PM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for your health to improve, Bob,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bob M" > wrote in message
> Happy Holidays to you Sherry and to everyone here! I didn't
> participate in the card exchange this year due to money. I'm still a cop
> out on disability and things are really hard right now. But I want you
> all to know the thought was there.
>
> Bob

jmcquown
December 24th 04, 09:08 AM
Christina Websell wrote:
> "Bob M" > wrote in message
>> Sherry wrote:
>>>
>>> I just wanted to post and say how I have enjoyed the cards. But I am
>>> getting so
>>> many, and some names I don't recall sending cards to. I got mixed
>>> up with the
>>> list when I was sending cards, and initially ran out of cards. So I
>>> think I
>>> missed some people, not intentionally. Mostly because I think I have
>>> received
>>> many more cards than I sent.
>>> At this point I am out of cards, money, and time so it is too late.
>>> But please
>>> know that I have so enjoyed each and every card, and wish everybody
>>> a wonderful
>>> holiday, whether you got a card from me or not. :-)
>>>
>>> Sherry
>>
>> Happy Holidays to you Sherry and to everyone here! I didn't
>> participate in the card exchange this year due to money. I'm still a
>> cop out on disability and things are really hard right now. But I
>> want you all to know the thought was there.
>>
>> Bob
>
> I am having a hard time too, being off from work for a year. The
> cards sent from rpca have given me so much pleasure, I want you all
> to know this.
> I have a woodburner in an inglenook, and above it is a huge sloping
> roof with slates. I have fixed all the cards just under the edge of
> the slates, so it grips them.
> A friend came over this afternoon. She said "Wow, you have so many
> cards!" I said "Oh, yes, that's because I'm popular"
> <grin>
>
> Tweed

An acquaintance told me last she only got 2 holiday cards this year. I
refrained from saying how many I have gotten although she was clearly
fishing for (a) sympathy or (b) me to say I didn't get any either. I
couldn't exactly gloat I've gotten cards from all over the world, could I?
Sadly, she's not a cat lover. She does appreciate that I took Persia in out
of the cold and gave her a nice home.

Anyone who still wants me to send an email with a holiday card (from me, not
an online card service) just drop me a note and you'll get a "card" with
Persia on it :)

Jill

Adrian
December 24th 04, 01:55 PM
Sherry wrote:
> I just wanted to post and say how I have enjoyed the cards. But I am
> getting so many, and some names I don't recall sending cards to. I
> got mixed up with the list when I was sending cards, and initially
> ran out of cards. So I think I missed some people, not intentionally.
> Mostly because I think I have received many more cards than I sent.
> At this point I am out of cards, money, and time so it is too late.
> But please know that I have so enjoyed each and every card, and wish
> everybody a wonderful holiday, whether you got a card from me or not.
> :-)
>
> Sherry

I just got the last post before xmas, a card from Karen & John Gory.
Thanks Kajikit, I'm determined I'll be able to reciprocate next year.
Happy kissamouse to everyone.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Christina Websell
December 24th 04, 08:32 PM
"SUQKRT" > wrote in message

> In article >, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>

>>Anyone who still wants me to send an email with a holiday card (from me,
>>not
>>an online card service) just drop me a note and you'll get a "card" with
>>Persia on it :)
>>
>>Jill
>
> And a gorgeous card it is.
>
> Recovery purrs for Bob.
> Suz
> Macmoosette

I'd like one, Jill. I'd just love to see Persia.. Here is my email address
in reverse. uk
Since it wrapped a bit strangely:
The other way round.

Tweed

Bob M
December 25th 04, 03:53 PM
Christina Websell wrote:

> "SUQKRT" > wrote in message
> >
> > In article >, "jmcquown"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>Anyone who still wants me to send an email with a holiday card (from me,
> >>not
> >>an online card service) just drop me a note and you'll get a "card" with
> >>Persia on it :)
> >>
> >>Jill
> >
> > And a gorgeous card it is.
> >
> > Recovery purrs for Bob.
> > Suz
> > Macmoosette
> >

> I'd like one, Jill. I'd just love to see Persia.. Here is my email address
> in reverse. uk
> Since it wrapped a bit strangely:
> The other way round.
>
> Tweed

Me too Jill. My email is at the top of this post.

Bob

pmendhall
December 26th 04, 04:16 AM
I had a bit of a problem with real life getting in the way of sending the
Christmas cards. I guess they will be New Year's cards now.

Diane