PDA

View Full Version : Re: Scarlett

Julie Cook
December 23rd 04, 04:17 AM
Cheryl wrote:

> I realize I haven't posted any updates, but I don't have much to
> tell. She went back to TED today and they took a bunch (!) of blood
> to test her for various things. FIV/FLV was one I was going to have
> done again anyway, but they're also testing for toxoplasmosis, and
> exposure to the feline coronavirus because 2 vets now have said the
> letters FIP. Good news I guess is that vet gave us the antibiotic for
> toxo (an antirobe) to start on because she thinks its probable. She's
> still sleeping an awful lot, but has a good appetite, and even gained
> a little more weight since Saturday (I'm afraid maybe being at work
> away from home 11 hours a day might be making her undernourished
> because I don't think she's eating the dry food I leave for between
> meals) :( Her temp was down today and her eyes look a little better
> since they aren't as red, but she still squints like they're
> sensitive to light. No more seisure-like activity since the first on
> Saturday.

Poor baby, she's having such a tough time of it right now. Hobbes,
Selena, Lacey and Sam are sending their most sincere purrs and gentle
headbutts that Scarlett continues to improve and that all of the tests
for feline nasties come back negative. Headbutts for you too, Cheryl.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

Karen Chuplis
December 23rd 04, 04:35 AM
in article , Cheryl at
wrote on 12/22/04 9:12 PM:

> I realize I haven't posted any updates, but I don't have much to
> tell. She went back to TED today and they took a bunch (!) of blood
> to test her for various things. FIV/FLV was one I was going to have
> done again anyway, but they're also testing for toxoplasmosis, and
> exposure to the feline coronavirus because 2 vets now have said the
> letters FIP. Good news I guess is that vet gave us the antibiotic for
> toxo (an antirobe) to start on because she thinks its probable. She's
> still sleeping an awful lot, but has a good appetite, and even gained
> a little more weight since Saturday (I'm afraid maybe being at work
> away from home 11 hours a day might be making her undernourished
> because I don't think she's eating the dry food I leave for between
> meals) :( Her temp was down today and her eyes look a little better
> since they aren't as red, but she still squints like they're
> sensitive to light. No more seisure-like activity since the first on
> Saturday.

Well, that is certainly good that there have been no more of that stuff! I
will order the kitties to purr for Scarlett while I am gone.

Marina
December 23rd 04, 06:49 PM
Cheryl wrote:

> I realize I haven't posted any updates, but I don't have much to
> tell. She went back to TED today and they took a bunch (!) of blood
> to test her for various things. FIV/FLV was one I was going to have
> done again anyway, but they're also testing for toxoplasmosis, and
> exposure to the feline coronavirus because 2 vets now have said the
> letters FIP. Good news I guess is that vet gave us the antibiotic for
> toxo (an antirobe) to start on because she thinks its probable. She's
> still sleeping an awful lot, but has a good appetite, and even gained
> a little more weight since Saturday (I'm afraid maybe being at work
> away from home 11 hours a day might be making her undernourished
> because I don't think she's eating the dry food I leave for between
> meals) :( Her temp was down today and her eyes look a little better
> since they aren't as red, but she still squints like they're
> sensitive to light. No more seisure-like activity since the first on
> Saturday.

Poor little baby. We're still purring for a good diagnosis, easy
treatment and quick recovery.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

polonca12000